Who most likely has the film rights for Alpha Flight?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

I know they aren't entirely comprised of mutants but they share more history with the X-men than the Avengers so would they be under Fox or Marvel Studios?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@joshmightbe: Most likely Marvel. The terms of the agreement are somewhat nebulous; I believe it give Fox control over movie rights pertaining to characters who "frequently appear" in X-Men comics. Alpha Flight has a history with the X-Men, but I don't think it's so extensive as to make them inseparable or automatically associated with the X-verse. They can stand alone. If worst comes to worst, Marvel could just make a movie without calling the team "Alpha Flight" to avoid legal complications. It's probably what they're going to do in Avengers: Age of Ultron by calling Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch just "Pietro" and "Wanda" instead of their codenames.

Do you think it's possible that they would just use the names "Wiccan" and "Speed" for them, just for the sake of giving them codenames? I don't know how likely it is that the actual Wiccan and Speed would appear in a film, so the names could be useable.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By RDClip

I guess it probably doesn't matter because no American studio is going to make a movie about a Canadian superhero team. We canucks are not taken exactly seriously by Hollywood.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: Rocket Raccoon is in a movie, can Sasquatch and Vindicator really be that far out of the question?

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By RDClip

@rdclip: Rocket Raccoon is in a movie, can Sasquatch and Vindicator really be that far out of the question?

Like I said, Hollywood doesn't take Canada seriously. I don't think they would invest money in a Canadian superhero team (they even downplayed Wolverine's Canadianess to near non existance) Pretty much the only movies that take Canada seriously are Canadian movies.

And I sure as hell do not want Alpha Flight to be made as an American team.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By joshmightbe

@rdclip: We should all send a letter to Disney and beg them to do something with Alpha Flight. I'd even be good with an animated series. Everyone needs more Puck in their lives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would think Fox has the rights and they should have do this before X-force it would be like their GOTG.