• 52 results
#1 Posted by joewell (6436 posts) - - Show Bio

Give me some peeps that could use Thor's Hammer

#2 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3908 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man

#3 Edited by tupiaz (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

No one besides Thor is worthy!

A defiantly not a person like Peter Parker since he has other values than Thor. PP is intelligent and smart. Thor is strong, masculine and macho and that is PP not.

#4 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Superman, Frodo, Samwise, Aragorn , Gandalf, Dumbledore, Prince Charming.

#5 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Me until I start talking about my paychecks!

#6 Posted by Wolfrazer (7158 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America and Wonder Woman. All the others who have wielded the hammer are not really on my list (except for Odin for obvious reasons)

#8 Posted by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

Mighty Mouse

Bugs Bunny

#9 Edited by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

Odin, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Superman, Frodo, Samwise, Aragorn , Gandalf, Dumbledore, Prince Charming.

I don't think Dumbledore is worthy. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows there was this whole subplot about how Dumbledore had this underlying lust for power. The reason he is so humble is because he fears that if he encourages that lust that he'll lose control. It's that potential lack of control that probably makes him unworthy, but it's possible Harry Potter is worthy.

Same holds true for Wonder Woman. There are times when she really seems to get very violent to the point that she's ready to kill. I think that would make her unworthy.

#10 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

I don't think Dumbledore is worthy. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows there was this whole subplot about how Dumbledore had this underlying lust for power. The reason he is so humble is because he fears that if he encourages that lust that he'll lose control. It's that potential lack of control that probably makes him unworthy, but it's possible Harry Potter is worthy.

Same holds true for Wonder Woman. There are times when she really seems to get very violent to the point that she's ready to kill. I think that would make her unworthy.

Does Thor never get that way?

#11 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: If you are asking if thor is ever attempted to abuse his power, the answer to that question is no.

#12 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Xanni15: If you are asking if thor is ever attempted to abuse his power, the answer to that question is no.

Has Thor ever lost control?

#13 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15:

You mean became unworthy of mjolnir?

#14 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Xanni15:

You mean became unworthy of mjolnir?

Sure.

#15 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Thor has never failed to lift mjolnir.

#16 Posted by GunGunW (997 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Captain America are the only two super heroes I can think of off the top of my head who would be worthy.

#17 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@xxxddd said:

Has Thor ever lost control?

The only real time I saw him lose control was in the Thor movie when he went to confront he Frost Giants. it was because of that, that Odin took the hammer from Thor.

#18 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts: This is comics thor only.

Movies and tv shows are non canon.

#19 Posted by TheVoiceOfReason (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Captain America

#20 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

Dumbledore would still be worthy, I would say he's still a good person. His lust for power was when he was young and arrogant.

#21 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

Dumbledore would still be worthy, I would say he's still a good person. His lust for power was when he was young and arrogant.

Exactly, he's proven himself over and over again. Defending Muggles from the wizard world, etc.

#22 Posted by dondave (38435 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Beta Ray Bill has

#23 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: Pretty much putting his life on line for Harry, and others such as Draco

#24 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

Exactly, he's proven himself over and over again. Defending Muggles from the wizard world, etc.

The thing is that when Harry died and met him in the hereafter Dumbledore pointed out how he was proud that Harry was able to give up one of the Deathly Hallow artifacts (I think it was the stone that lets you see the dead) and that he didn't know if he would have had the strength to do the same thing. You can chalk that up to modesty but I think that he simply knows himself. I've met people like that in real life. People who go out of their way to be humble simply because they know that if they let go they will lose control and become arrogant. I think people like to give Dumbledore this superhuman saintly status, but the point of his story was that he was human with human flaws. Simply put, sometimes the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

#25 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

The thing is that when Harry died and met him in the hereafter Dumbledore pointed out how he was proud that Harry was able to give up one of the Deathly Hallow artifacts (I think it was the stone that lets you see the dead) and that he didn't know if he would have had the strength to do the same thing. You can chalk that up to modesty but I think that he simply knows himself. I've met people like that in real life. People who go out of their way to be humble simply because they know that if they let go they will lose control and become arrogant. I think people like to give Dumbledore this superhuman saintly status, but the point of his story was that he was human with human flaws. Simply put, sometimes the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

I don't think anyone is saying that Dumbledore was a saint, nor that you have to be a saint to wield Thor's hammer. I'm just trying to point out that Dumbledore was way too hard himself, and that his good intentions far outweighed his slight to his sister. Dumbledore was hard on himself because he blamed himself for something that wasn't even his fault.

#26 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

A defiantly not a person like Peter Parker since he has other values than Thor. PP is intelligent and smart. Thor is strong, masculine and macho and that is PP not.

People don't have to have the exact same values as Thor to lift Mjolnir. Captain America managed it. Strength isn't a factor in how worthy someone is.

#27 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Xanni15: Thor has never failed to lift mjolnir.

In Earth 691 Thor ended up being unworthy of lifting the Mjolnir and had a duplicate created to ease that shame (and fool others). I didn't particularly like that story-line, but its the only time I saw this depicted. (non-canon, I know)

#28 Posted by baron2011 (1154 posts) - - Show Bio

me

#29 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@tupiaz said:

People don't have to have the exact same values as Thor to lift Mjolnir. Captain America managed it. Strength isn't a factor in how worthy someone is.

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

I don't think anyone is saying that Dumbledore was a saint, nor that you have to be a saint to wield Thor's hammer. I'm just trying to point out that Dumbledore was way too hard himself, and that his good intentions far outweighed his slight to his sister. Dumbledore was hard on himself because he blamed himself for something that wasn't even his fault.

I think these two discussions meet. A person doesn't have to be exactly like Thor but he does have to be worthy to Odin's standards. Thor is, so anyone similar in values to Thor, can probably do it. People who aren't need some key features and some level of resemblance to Thor's values.

That's why in the DC Marvel crossover, WonderWoman easily lifts the Hammer but Superman needs Odin's permission. That's also why Captain America was able to lift the Hammer. So, the question is, according to Odin's definition of worthiness and based on the trials Thor had to pass to be worthy (and also on the moments someone lost his worthiness because of X or Y) who is worthy?

#30 Edited by Strider92 (16721 posts) - - Show Bio

@tupiaz said:

Except Peter Parker has already lifted the Mjolnir along with Captain America, Spider-man 2099, Beta Ray Bill and Thunderstrike. That's all I can think of off hand but there's definitely more.

The list of possible candidates is even larger.

#31 Posted by tupiaz (2216 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@tupiaz said:

Except Peter Parker has already lifted the Mjolnir along with Captain America, Spider-man 2099, Beta Ray Bill and Thunderstrike. That's all I can think of off hand but there's definitely more.

The list of possible candidates is even larger.

Doesn't mean I agree with it. In my opinion it is blasphemy.

Besides I wasn't saying Peter wasn't strong enough to lift Mjolnir but he shouldn't lift it.

#32 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Cap since he has done so in continuity. Superman would be able to as well and maybe pre new 52 Captain Marvel, but I'm not sure on the last one.

#33 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

Just because he isn't perfect, doesn't mean he isn't worthy.

#34 Posted by rico_3088 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil : that was very well said, you don't have to be perferct to be worthy. Wonder woman lifted it during the Marvel vs DC crossover. Cap has lifted it many times, in one what if he has the hammer as his because thor died. I wonder if Bstman would be worthy of the power?

#35 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman, because he brave and would never kill anybody.

Also, ME. Too bad I can't find anywhere an Uru weapon.

#36 Posted by The Stegman (24991 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil:  

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

I don't think Dumbledore is worthy. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows there was this whole subplot about how Dumbledore had this underlying lust for power. The reason he is so humble is because he fears that if he encourages that lust that he'll lose control. It's that potential lack of control that probably makes him unworthy, but it's possible Harry Potter is worthy.

Well said, you don't have to be perfect to lift Mjolnir, for no one, including  Thor, is.
#37 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11266 posts) - - Show Bio

Sam Winchester

#38 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America, Spider-Man and Deathstroke. I would like to see a comic book where a regular, average normal guy get's Mjolnir and becomes a superhero...It'll never happen, and would defy all the rules of Thor, but I'd love to see it anyway

#39 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: Well that version of Thor's hammer had no standards.

@The Stegman said:

@Jnr6Lil:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

Well said, you don't have to be perfect to lift Mjolnir, for no one, including Thor, is.

To reiterate the opposing logic, just because he isn't perfect doesn't mean he is worthy, either.

No one said he has to be perfect. My point was that people lift him on this pedestal ignoring the single best analysis of his character, his own. Who knows Dumbledore better then himself? He does do alot of good, but just because you do good deeds doesn't mean you are worthy. But this argument is moot because in the end who is or isn't worthy is dependent on how the character is written. Apparently many of you would write the character so he is worthy, but making every character worthy would diminish the exclusivity that makes the privilege of being able to lifting the hammer so awesome. So personally, taking into account how he was written in the book, I wouldn't make him worthy. I just think it would be more interesting.

#40 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11266 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

OP said Thor's hammer. That was Thor's hammer.

:D

#41 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@The Stegman said:

@Jnr6Lil:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Xanni15 said:

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15 said:

Well said, you don't have to be perfect to lift Mjolnir, for no one, including Thor, is.

To reiterate the opposing logic, just because he isn't perfect doesn't mean he is worthy, either.

No one said he has to be perfect. My point was that people lift him on this pedestal ignoring the single best analysis of his character, his own. Who knows Dumbledore better then himself? He does do alot of good, but just because you do good deeds doesn't mean you are worthy. But this argument is moot because in the end who is or isn't worthy is dependent on how the character is written. Apparently many of you would write the character so he is worthy, but making every character worthy would diminish the exclusivity that makes the privilege of being able to lifting the hammer so awesome. So personally, taking into account how he was written in the book, I wouldn't make him worthy. I just think it would be more interesting.

And we are typically our own harshest critics, Dumbledore is no different. No one is ignoring his own opinion of himself, we're just of the belief that he is low-balling himself. We can't ignore the good Dumbledore has done because HE thinks he is flawed (who isn't?). The entire argument started because I said I thought he was worthy, I didn't list many characters, just those I believed were pure of soul, to say it in a less ridiculous way.

#42 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7714 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts: Thing is though, the good he has done in his life outweights the bad, You say he's only doing good things to suppress his evil, but the fact that he wants to suppress his evil, show he's good.

#43 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15: The concept of a witch being pure of soul is an oxymoron I think.

#44 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@Xanni15: The concept of a witch being pure of soul is an oxymoron I think.

It was just a figure of speech, or one way I could think of putting it. Either way, it was just my opinion.

#45 Posted by nickthedevil (13196 posts) - - Show Bio

#46 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Squirrel Girl.

#47 Posted by jcj145 (185 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Sam Winchester

Damn straight. Dean however... would not be worthy.

#48 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@xybernauts: Thing is though, the good he has done in his life outweights the bad, You say he's only doing good things to suppress his evil, but the fact that he wants to suppress his evil, show he's good.

Yes, it shows he's good, but it also shows that the has faults that make him dangerous. It's his darkside I'm talking about. He suggested he may have had a lust for power. That's why he never chose to become president of the witches even though everyone wanted him too. It's like tempting a recovering alcoholic with a beer. In the case of this argument Thor's hammer is the beer.

Here is an example of the lack of control I'm talking about from the http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Albus_Dumbledore

This stone, according to legend, had the power to revive the dead (but in reality, a spiritual form of the person was brought back instead). His desire to see his family overrode his common sense for just a moment and he placed the ring on his finger, forgetting that the ring had been cursed on by Voldemort. The curse quickly spread, and were it not for his own prodigious talents, he would have died within moments. Despite this injury, Dumbledore proceeded to destroy the ring, and with it, a piece of Voldemort's soul.
#49 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3908 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@jcj145 said:

Damn straight. Dean however... would not be worthy.

I think he was joking, but to argue your point, so the guy with demons blood and demonic psychic powers who has Satan whispering in his head and could be the potential anti-Christ would be worthy, but the guy who was worthy enough to be pulled out of hell by the angels and who could be the vessel of the mighty archangel Michael (a privilege that would kill most people in that show) wouldn't?