Who is toaa?

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wanonalake

So, i know he represents a writer, since toaa is like marvel universes God, but i've heard two arguments. Some people say he is Stan Lee, others say he is Jack Kirby. Just wondering who he represents. Thanks!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 SC  Moderator

It could be seen to represent both and in many ways also represents all Marvel creators. The "character" rarely appears and rarely acknowledged explicitly by Marvel. The qualities and characteristics of the character across its appearances aren't very consistent and its arguable when or what is considered an appearance. There is a Fantastic Four comic where the Fantastic Four met "TOAA" as far as their creators, and the writers/artists thought it would be neat to pay homage to Kirby. That was a more on the nose meta moment and Kirby alludes to his collaborate as in Stan Lee. Then there was the time Spider-man met TOAA which was a lot more serious. Also meant to be visually similar to Kirby.

Basically Jack Kirby and Stan Lee are both good stand ins for the roles of writer, artist and creators that bring life the the Marvel universe. In fiction, writers word is commonly referred to as being the word of god. Marvel is a shared universe with hundreds of creators so its a bit more like a chorus and its a nice homage to make towards its biggest and most influential creators. Hope this helps.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am The One Above All.

m^^m

Batman signing out

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks SC. Don't think I could have asked for a better answer!