Who is this DC character and what does he do?

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have no clue who this guy is, or what he can do. I thought he was Cat Man at first, but I was wrong it seems. Who is he, what comics he been in, and is he interesting?

No Caption Provided

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I have no clue who this guy is, or what he can do. I thought he was Cat Man at first, but I was wrong it seems. Who is he, what comics he been in, and is he interesting?

No Caption Provided

That's Wildcat aka Ted Grant, title-belt boxer and member of the Justice Society. He also trained heroes including Black Canary and Catwoman.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You don't know Wildcat!? He's a legacy hero who was part of the JSA. He was an incredible boxer and was Black Canary's mentor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

1st Wildcat/Ted Grant

2nd He trained several heroes like Batman and Black Canary

3rd He was member of Justice Society of America

4th He is excelente boxer and he had the tittle World's Greatest boxer to ever live. But he also know other way of fightning and skills

5th He often protaited as older person

6th He appear on several animated series like Justice League unlimited and Batman the brave and bold

7th He hasnt yet apear phsycially appear on New 52, only mentioned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

I kind understand most people dont know most member of Avengers, and Justice League X-men teams. But if he knows about Catman who is failled version of Batman both in comics and amoungs fans, he kind should know about Wildcat which was one of known mentors of Batman.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JonSmith

He also has the lesser known ability to come back from the dead nine times, though how many of those lives he's used up is anyone's guess, even he doesn't know.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a badass that's all you need to know.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@jaken7:

I kind understand most people dont know most member of Avengers, and Justice League X-men teams. But if he knows about Catman who is failled version of Batman both in comics and amoungs fans, he kind should know about Wildcat which was one of known mentors of Batman.

Sorry, never seen him. the only reason I know of cat man is becuase of the Battle of the Weeks which had Deadshot and Catman vs Punisher and Bullseye.

Thanks for the breakdown though. This guy trained Black canary and Batman seems like good stuff, why is he a boxer though? just for fun?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is he a boxer though? just for fun?

Nah bro. Passion.

YodaPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO not one of the most interesting toons... i'd put him down with the likes of Beast in popularity. Certainly noticeable, but probably won't get his own movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw:

At beginning i think he was just a boxer (best there was and his main style) but than he learn more styles and also learn how to read opponnent´s movements and also gain other skills like being pilot. Plus if he train both Batman, Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), Black Canary, Superman and much more, when he is just normal old man who still fight crime and often he is voice of reason even which rough attitude and often he even helps helps his past protege. He just the biggest badass of DC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodaprime:

He might not also see Black Canary´s movie (no solo book and often appears on "team up" books), but you can deal that she and in same case Wildcat are both good character, decente strong and badass characters.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jonsmith: he can regenerate those lives. if he is not killed 9 times at once, then the lives can grow back, effectively making him near immortal.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@indiecomicsftw: He is a rather interesting character. If you are interested in reading about him read Goyers/Johns JSA run. If I remember correctly he solos the the Injustice Society by using his wits and the setting of the JSA mansion.