#1 Posted by StayclassyMarvel (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Batman is pretty damn wealthy, but I've seen Oliver Queen throw some heavy cash around too. Who's the richest superhero? Batman? Iron Man? Green Arrow? What about Lex Luthor?

#2 Edited by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

On Comic Vine (by votes), the richest was defined Batman. He is in first place. Personally, I do not know who the richest of all..

#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the equivalent to one of those Storm threads that Jhazz and them post that add absolutely nothing to the forum. Only with Batman.

You know what's going to happen? Absolutely nothing. SMH at the forum sometimes lol.

#4 Posted by Billy Batson (57706 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't know Lex was a superhero.
BB

#5 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

tony stark but any heroic skyfather level character ould probably generate tons of material wealthin short order

#6 Posted by jhazzroucher (14734 posts) - - Show Bio

So Black Panther isn't a billionaire?

#7 Posted by nickzambuto (12679 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

So Black Panther isn't a billionaire?

He runs a nation, I think it'd be funner if we just stick to comparing businesses.

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8729 posts) - - Show Bio

Forbes already took care of that math for us: http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2012/fictional-15-12/fictional-15.html

Read it.

#9 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce Wayne is technically a Trillionaire with billions in liquid Assets.

He literally owns something like 1/3 of Gotham's land, some of the most valuable land in the country, before NML and after he owned all that land plus made tons of cash by investing in all the businesses he financed. That's without considering the Wayne Manor and every thing in it. Wayne Foundation, Wayne Enterprises, and all the various other subsidaries and shell companies he owns.

The only people that can match him is Tim Drake due to technically owning all that stuff as well plus his own millions he had before and the investments he's made, but that depends on your outlook of that. The other person is Ra's Al Ghul who can only compare due to being alive for so long.

Imagine if someone owned 1/3 of all the land in New York, 50%+ of all the businesses, and something around 1/2 the buildings. That person would be worth in the Trillions and that is what Bruce owns, not counting anything else

#10 Posted by batshrine (969 posts) - - Show Bio

Forbes made a list and here it is! They make a yearly one for the top 15 richest fictional characters

http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2012/fictional-15-12/fictional-15.html

#11 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@batshrine: Mr. Burns has a Trillion dollar bill so he wins.

#12 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken said:

Bruce Wayne is technically a Trillionaire with billions in liquid Assets.

He literally owns something like 1/3 of Gotham's land, some of the most valuable land in the country, before NML and after he owned all that land plus made tons of cash by investing in all the businesses he financed. That's without considering the Wayne Manor and every thing in it. Wayne Foundation, Wayne Enterprises, and all the various other subsidaries and shell companies he owns.

The only people that can match him is Tim Drake due to technically owning all that stuff as well plus his own millions he had before and the investments he's made, but that depends on your outlook of that. The other person is Ra's Al Ghul who can only compare due to being alive for so long.

Imagine if someone owned 1/3 of all the land in New York, 50%+ of all the businesses, and something around 1/2 the buildings. That person would be worth in the Trillions and that is what Bruce owns, not counting anything else

Good point, you're right. Bruce is incredibly rich.

#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne: While that validly shows that he is rich to some degree that much gold isn't much when you are talking cash which isn't based on gold any more. However, assuming that Thor is simply an alien, like anyone that is an alien, they would be among the richest people since all you have to do is go to another planet, grab a few rocks, regardless of what they're made of, and bring them to Earth and sell them for any amount they want. Though this is somewhat less true in the DC and Marvel universe as there are space ships in both which means that the value of things from space are less valuable than they are in the real world.

#15 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

BB

this

also, Forbes already did it.

Tony is first, then Bruce. I'd say Oliver is pretty close too. Panther and Thor could count and probably be very close too, but they're royalty so it's harder to tell. And, that ammount of gold could easily escalate into billions of dollas/euros. Specially if some are relics or any type of worked gold that has not only actual value for being gold but also significant value for being alien in nature, historical/mythological or even magical.

But yeah, my list would be something like Stark>Wayne>Queen>rest

Im not counting villains, or Lex should be high up too. And probably Ras-Al-ghul

#16 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@Durakken: I wasn't being serious.  Just felt like posting it.
#17 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

this

also, Forbes already did it.

Tony is first, then Bruce. I'd say Oliver is pretty close too. Panther and Thor could count and probably be very close too, but they're royalty so it's harder to tell. And, that ammount of gold could easily escalate into billions of dollas/euros. Specially if some are relics or any type of worked gold that has not only actual value for being gold but also significant value for being alien in nature, historical/mythological or even magical.

But yeah, my list would be something like Stark>Wayne>Queen>rest

Im not counting villains, or Lex should be high up too. And probably Ras-Al-ghul

Because people who are "good" at business pay attention to comics at all. Also keep in mind that Stark got his money from weapons contracting which he no longer does, but given the types of people that runs Forbes and reads Forbes of course you are going to put the guys that made weapons for a living as number 1. All the other stuff that he has invented from what I know is losing is theoretical and or not designed to really make money, but rather makes things cheaper/easier. Which means he is probably upper tier millionaire, low end billionaire.

Queen and Luthor are both more like Gates and Jobs focusing on multiple industries, but in the end their assets are all tied up in their own company and they don't own land or anything that makes them more valuable other than their company. They own land, but nothing on the scale of Bruce Wayne.

The Land that Bruce owns in Gotham is what makes him worth trillions and no matter what he does, that land continues to rise in value so even if we were to spend all the money from his company and all his liquid assets, he could sell off a fraction of the land he owns and simply buy it all back and not even put a dent in his value. when Bruce says "This is MY City" he isn't joking. He could literally buy Queen, Luthor, and Stark if he wanted to with small fractions of what he worth due to own so much of Gotham's land. That is also why Luthor wanted to do what he did in NML and why Bruce wanted to stop him.

Another thing to keep in mind about the Forbes this is that it is based more off the movie and tv representations of these characters and due to that I have to say that Stark is indeed more wealthy than Wayne and Luthor in the movies

#18 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Durakken: oh boy....

#19 Posted by timelord786 (164 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a difficult one but i believe that Bruce is the richest out off all of them and would be followed closely behind by Tony as both create a lot of there own gadgets. But considering how much of Gotham Bruce owns anyway, he in my opinion is the richest character in comics

#20 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say between Tony Start and Bruce Wayne, I wouldnt know.

#21 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Tie between Batman and Iron Man.

#22 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19889 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGoldenOne said:

lol where is that from?

#23 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

Forbes already took care of that math for us: http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2012/fictional-15-12/fictional-15.html

Read it.

@batshrine said:

Forbes made a list and here it is! They make a yearly one for the top 15 richest fictional characters

http://www.forbes.com/special-report/2012/fictional-15-12/fictional-15.html

I did read it. The people at forbes did a very poor job in their research. They listed Bruce at 6.3 billion and Tony at 9 billion. Both have shown much greater financial feats not only in comics but in tv shows and movies as well.

#24 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

There are two possible answers and they will get repeated a lot lol

#25 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I would have said Scrooge McDuck, but Forbes magazine says he lost his fortune to Flintheart Glomgold. Well, if you can't trust a major business magazine when it comes to Scrooge McDuck canon, who can you trust?

#26 Posted by Clark_EL (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#27 Posted by ImmortalOne (3264 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by georgia251 (160 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder woman is one because the amazons and ancient godesses back then were really wealthy