• 68 results
#51 Posted by The Abbot (59 posts) - - Show Bio

And so can Stryfe. If it gets into a battle of telepathy of course he gets edged out by Xavier. He is more experience. Simple really. But if Stryfe has the slightest chance to use his TK against Chuck then he can kiss his entire body goodbye before it gets ripped to shredds. But as I said a  battle of the telepaths Xavier wins. Anything outside of that Stryfe wins. And TK wise it's just overkill for Stryfe

#52 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Abbot: Can Stryfe defeat Emma telepathically? Can Hyperstorm defeat Xavier telepathically?            %Pr
#53 Posted by The Abbot (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not so sure about that one. They probably are on par with one another to be truthful. I may be wrong but Stryfe is Cable without TO dampening his powers. So taking that into account he has more raw power then Cable who was a powerful telepath. I haven't seen much from Stryfe in terms of telepathy that would say he could beat Emma but he did beat Jean Grey is powerful also. I say a draw, with the slight edge going to Stryfe. Wouldn't be a curbstomp. Hyperstorm from what I hear is supposingly the strongest ever. Possibly since he does have reality manipulation powers. He could alter the scenario to his liking and one mind bolt later it would be over. That's just a possibilitiy.

#54 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

mutants that haven't been mentioned yet (i think) that are up there or rate, or potentially
could or could have been.

Azazel
Bedlam
Blaquesmith
Cortex
Dead Girl
Ever
Gateway
Isolationist
Judas Traveller
Legion
Madelyne Pryor
Malice (Maruaders)
Martha Johansson
Mesmero
Negasonic Teenage Warhead
Professor Phobos
Proteus
Sat-Yr-9
Serafina
Steinbeck
Stepford Cuckoo's

#55 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Abbot: Stryfe defeated Jean Grey? Well then Stryfe should be able to defeat Xavier telepathically. Just telepathically. Hyperstorm does not have formidable telepathic powers then. Just very strong reality manipulation powers.  Stryfe can defeat Exodus or Sinister right? 

@CATMANEXE said:
"  mutants that haven't been mentioned yet (i think) that are up there or rate, or potentiallycould or could have been.AzazelBedlamBlaquesmithCortexDead GirlEverGatewayIsolationistJudas TravellerLegionMadelyne PryorMalice (Maruaders)Martha JohanssonMesmeroNegasonic Teenage WarheadProfessor PhobosProteusSat-Yr-9SerafinaSteinbeckStepford Cuckoo's "
Can Emma defeat Stepford Cuckoos telepathically?             %Pr
#56 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Quentin Quire?

#57 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

fur sure, he's up there at least and if he was allowed to continue it would have gotten major.
cant believe i forgot him.

@cracks:
potentially, thats why i highlighted that. currently they cant,
but theylll eventually all grow into Emma's themselves.

#58 Posted by The Abbot (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I believe. Umm you could be right but I'm kind of on the fence. I'm a Stryfe fan for sure but being logical I can't just come out and say he would be Xavier. Too many variables and inconsistencies in Stryfe's powers when it comes to Telepathy. And well that is true. Hyperstorm is a very potent reality manipulator. Probably but you never know with Sinister.

#59 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Abbot: Well, Stryfe fighting Sinister with no prep whatsoever and how about Stryfe battling Exodus?
#60 Posted by The Abbot (59 posts) - - Show Bio

May be difficult because both are geniuses. I think Sinister would edge him out. Not kill him but he would get away well that's if Stryfe didn't blow him into a million metalloid pieces. And if that happens he may seem him trying to reform and then just seperate all the pieces and victory. But highly doubt he would notice it before it was too late. Either Sinister gets away or gets a sneak kill in. That's a toss up that in my eyes could go both ways. I always thought Exodus was a watered down version of Stryfe power wise so I'm going with Stryfe. Though it would be a good battle.

#61 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Abbot: Well Stryfe has superior telepathic and telekinetic abilities, in comparison to Sinister. What do you mean by "edge him out?"  X-Man almost killed Sinister right? X-Man knocked him out. Stryfe is almost as powerful as X-Man.  

How about Exodus fighting Stryfe?
#62 Posted by BMEZY (1206 posts) - - Show Bio

well if we want to get technical here the phenix now is jean grey and vice versa; their one in the same... so in theory phoenix is a mutant.. of course im just speaking in theory but if i'm then that means that the combined might of all the world's powerful telepaths would only be a mere annoyance to the crown phoenix who is the basically the embodiment of all psi powers in all including telepathy so they'd all be dead.. in saying this... jean grey, the corporeal phoenix, is the most powerful mutant/telepath/being on earth and one of the most powerful being in the mulitverse.. HEEHEE
#63 Posted by JediXMan (29672 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Man.

@BMEZY said:

well if we want to get technical here the phenix now is jean grey and vice versa; their one in the same... so in theory phoenix is a mutant.. of course im just speaking in theory but if i'm then that means that the combined might of all the world's powerful telepaths would only be a mere annoyance to the crown phoenix who is the basically the embodiment of all psi powers in all including telepathy so they'd all be dead.. in saying this... jean grey, the corporeal phoenix, is the most powerful mutant/telepath/being on earth and one of the most powerful being in the mulitverse.. HEEHEE
The Phoenix Force is a Cosmic creature. Jean is a mutant. The Phoenix existed before Jean did; while now they could be one in the same, no, the Phoenix is not a mutant - and X-Man has been compared to the Phoenix in power.
#64 Posted by KDarkholme (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey/Phoenix, Professor X, Cable.
#65 Edited by mark5 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Cable (original and variants) 
Jean grey

#66 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

JEAN GREY
#67 Posted by Kid weather (460 posts) - - Show Bio

X man

#68 Edited by HottBlkQT (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the whole argument that Cable, X-Man & Stryfe are all the same people is absurd. They are all different people and characters.

So by that logic Emma Frost & all the Stepford Cucoos are all the same person? Since they are all merely clones of Emma, they are all Emma right? And since each of the girls are all clones they are all the same person right? That's why the creators gave them all distinct names, birth orders and personalities? Not to mention they can attain a higher power level than Emma. And they originally didn't have the diamond form that Emma has as a "secondary mutation".

So are X-23 and Wolverine the same person? I mean she was cloned from his DNA & has the same basic power-set as him. So genetically they are the same person, right?

While, Cable's parents are Madelyn Pryor (a clone or identical twin of sorts of Jean...who isn't Jean & who acquired magical powers as Goblyn Queen--magical powers which Jean never had) & Scott Summers of our dimension (616), whereas X-Man's parentage comes from Jean & Scott from another dimension and his birth occurred artificially. Stryfe is a clone of Cable made by the Askani in the distant future & they made him not to have the techno-virus that Cable has---a virus which grants him techonpathic powers that neither X-man nor Stryfe has by the way. Also Cable is a far superior hand-to-hand combatant, tactician, and weapons expert than either of his "other incarnations".

So merely because characters have identical DNA doesn't necessarily make them the same person. I mean we've all heard of identical twins before, right? They have identical DNA, yet they aren't the same person. Also we've heard of clones as well, they aren't the same person either. Not to mention none of these characters even have the exact same birth date. And they all have different powers, personalities, and life experiences.

Plus the creators will tell you they are different characters. Nuff said.