• 51 results
#1 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (215 posts) - - Show Bio

I looked in the search field for this question but didn't seem to find a post so I thought I'd start one. I did google it and I found the closest to be the Wizards Top 10 from June of 1997, let's update that. I wanted it to be an Earth based question, no galactic beings, no cosmic entities, sort of a "If there was a royal rumble of the Earths mightiest heroes, who would stand victorious?". If that is too broad a field, maybe 1 from DC and 1 from Marvel??

And if there is a thread for this already I apologize. Also, if this belongs somewhere else could one of you mighty moderators move it for me pretty please. :-)

#2 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Flash or Idk

#3 Posted by tim2081 (519 posts) - - Show Bio

If you also eliminate reality warping and magic, the most powerful will either be a speedster (Flash) or a tank (Juggernaut).

#4 Posted by Onemoreposter (4091 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#5 Edited by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@tim2081 said:

If you also eliminate reality warping and magic, the most powerful will either be a speedster (Flash) or a tank (Juggernaut).

Flash in the new DC is a lot different then pre 52. He isn't the most powerful.
#6 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards, Superman, Dr. Manhattan, Flash, and Scarlet Witch.

#7 Posted by DrEgonSpengler (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. He is the benchmark that all others are compared to!

#8 Posted by sinestro_GL (3287 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Manhattan

#9 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman in DC and hulk in marvel

#10 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally depends on who's writing.

Sup might be one of the only consistent ones through the years.

After that, characters took turns depending on their popularity.

In all logic, the earth based characters who should be considered the most powerful in the Marvel universe (616) should probably be Franklin Richards, The Scarlett Witch and Molecule Man.

#11 Posted by nickthedevil (13658 posts) - - Show Bio

Should be the Flash, hands down.

#12 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18370 posts) - - Show Bio

HULK marvel _(strength)_ and probably superman form Dc,

#13 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrEgonSpengler said:

Superman. He is the benchmark that all others are compared to!

GOAT Superhero but not most powerful

#14 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by fanofsuperheroes (215 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me amend a little bit. Who has the potential to beat all the others? For instance, Rogue could take Prof X. telepathy to fix her fractured mind and then just start absorbing powers and then be able to access them as she needs. No, I am not saying that she is the most powerful, just giving an example. Could Prof X telepathically control all the superheroes and therefore be the most powerful? Or could the Scarlett Witch warp reality and come out on top?

#16 Edited by Jbourne_32 (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr M

#17 Posted by youngwonderman (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym or Dr.Strange for Marvel, Superman or Batman for DC

#18 Posted by green_skaar (4578 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin Richards or Classic Dr. Strange would have my vote.

#19 Edited by Vascillator (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldnt forget the molecule manipulators ala molecule man, iceman, etc.

#20 Posted by Dayvid3 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I've wondered this since being on here. Why is the flash supposed to be so powerful? I'm not contradicting, I've just never seen the explanation why.

#21 Edited by ownagepants (4656 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Ss and Shazam

#23 Edited by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Who is it everyone turns to when the faith of the world or universe is in trouble. Him. He's not just powerful. It's his mental strength too. His character. Other people know if there is one chance to save the world, they'll give him the opportunity knowing he will do it. It's people's faith in him that truly makes him powerful. The doubt he puts in his confident enemies when he arrives on the scene. The aura he gives off. Atom possible put it best...

"I remember the first time I met Superman. It was a Justice League case so there were other heroes involved, but in my mind none of them stood as tall or as proudly as Superman. I began to wonder what I was doing in the same room as him, how little he must think of me. But Superman never treated me as anything but an equal. At six inches tall he made me feel like a giant. Now I had to be that giant for him."

#24 Posted by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

I vote New 52 Captain Atom for most powerful human from DC and Franklin Richards from Marvel.

#25 Edited by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone is strong in DC they are always compared to Superman because he is a very powerful benchmark

If someone is strong on Marvel they would be compared to either Silver Surfer or Thor

In Anime people often compare strong characters to Goku.

There are stronger characters in each field but those characters aren't really popular compared to these dudes.

#26 Posted by Bierschneeman (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman....................................................................

#27 Edited by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#28 Edited by youmessinwithme (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who you consider a hero, and whether you include Alternate Reality versions. there's an alternate reality version of Quasar where he also becomes Captain universe and ends up fighting set with the PF, and Superman prime one million is considerably stronger than most ordinary Superheroes.

Specter, the infinity man, Captain Universe and white phoenix are all considerably more powerful than nearly all conventional superheroes.

and in new 52 it is quite possible the Martian Manhunter is the #1 Hero in terms of power or Superman(captain Marvel should be a contender as well but he doesn't seem quite on their level in the new 52), of the main heroes at least

and in Marvel Thor, Silver Surfer and the Sentry would be the three most powerful ordinary heroes all though in the silver age Dr. strange may be considered the most powerful.

#29 Edited by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

Valiant's Dr. Solar.......honestly can't think of anyone on par with that guy (hero-wise).

#30 Edited by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

@dayvid3 said:

@nickthedevil said:

Ok I've wondered this since being on here. Why is the flash supposed to be so powerful? I'm not contradicting, I've just never seen the explanation why.

Ok how much do you know about physics?

Because when he runs if he didn't have the speed force connection he would create high speed winds, tsunamis.

Barry Allen created a Pocket Dimension by running, he could hit you with the mass of a white dwarf star

Professor Zoom, Reverse Flash has vibrated his hand through people's skulls, and theoretically if one had enough speed beings like Superman, Doomsday, Darkseid

WOULD FALL TO THEIR KNEES AT THE HANDS OF THE VIBRATING DEATH PUNCH!

good day sir.

#31 Posted by Jayc1324 (13184 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian manhunter hands down. He is literally superman plus much much more.

#32 Edited by lightsout (1833 posts) - - Show Bio

This is always going to be won by someone known only to avid comic-readers, who doesn't appear in many issues, etc (As someone so incredibly powerful wouldn't make much of a story). If we're sticking to very mainstream people, & staying true to the comics (& avoiding theoreticals or "on paper" match-ups), Superman generally is the most powerful superhero.

Ok how much do you know about physics?

Because when he runs if he didn't have the speed force connection he would create high speed winds, tsunamis.

Barry Allen created a Pocket Dimension by running, he could hit you with the mass of a white dwarf star

Professor Zoom, Reverse Flash has vibrated his hand through people's skulls, and theoretically if one had enough speed beings like Superman, Doomsday, Darkseid

WOULD FALL TO THEIR KNEES AT THE HANDS OF THE VIBRATING DEATH PUNCH!

good day sir.

The should technically be "Ok how much do you know about Comic Book physics?". There's been threads on here proving the white-dwarf star thing wrong (mainly because traveling towards light-speed does not effect your actual mass, just your observed mass). And any sort of near-intangibility has nothing to do with making your atoms vibrate. If you were able to become intangible, it would involve manipulation of your electrons on a quantum level (so that your mass passed through the empty space in another object). However, in The Science of Superheros by Robert Weinberg, it says that if a body (the Flash) was traveling at light speed, this would guarantee a 100% chance that the "quantum alignment" would be perfect and hitting anything at lightspeed would mean going through it.

Flash would still be very powerful on paper (ie: full potential), I just wanted to nit-pick a few things :)

#33 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (601 posts) - - Show Bio

ghost rider, cosmic human torch, juggernaught colossus, flash, superman, thor

#34 Edited by Redskull490 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Posted by ethan_pochna (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if we are counting Odin then Odin no doubt. We can't forget that whole universes have been destroyed as the outcome to some of his battles. The silver surfer is pretty much indestructible, and can do near everything. And the we have the mask (Jim carry) who can make anything into anything he wants. My personal favorite, however, is Kyle Rayner possessed by ion. He was everywhere he was needed with as much power as was needed. Pretty much god.

#36 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4612 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this got de-railed a bit and people aren't reading from the beginning. Isn't it supposed to be only earth born no cosmics, no gods, no reality warpers? No alien influence or empowered? and as the title suggest superHERO (not villian). And I would exclude magic users as well.

with that being said, some strong candidates would be: Captain Atom and Blue Marvel.

#37 Edited by Mortal (1787 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. He's invincible and destroyed a solar system by sneezing.

#38 Edited by RD189 (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

IRL: Superman or Legion (unlimited personalities= unlimited powers)

On The Vine: Flash or Batman w/prep

#39 Posted by notoverrated (49 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe superman

#40 Posted by LEGACY6364 (3278 posts) - - Show Bio

Evidently Batman with Prep.

#41 Posted by tensor (4950 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle White Lantern,Hand of God.Take your pic

Kal Kent.

Doctor Fate Nabu

Classic Doctor Strange

Franklin Richards

Those are what just came to mind for me.They are others but too tired to think about that now.

#42 Posted by Aee (324 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Dr. Strange.

Superman or Flash.

Goku.

#43 Posted by Shot (2238 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Dr Strange

Flash

New 52 Captain Atom

Ghost Rider

#44 Posted by ariesxmasters (1205 posts) - - Show Bio

On Comic vine- "Superman the invincible"

In actual comics- Batman

#45 Posted by TheVivas (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, duh.

#46 Posted by cresShadow (273 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Who is it everyone turns to when the faith of the world or universe is in trouble. Him. He's not just powerful. It's his mental strength too. His character. Other people know if there is one chance to save the world, they'll give him the opportunity knowing he will do it. It's people's faith in him that truly makes him powerful. The doubt he puts in his confident enemies when he arrives on the scene. The aura he gives off. Atom possible put it best...

"I remember the first time I met Superman. It was a Justice League case so there were other heroes involved, but in my mind none of them stood as tall or as proudly as Superman. I began to wonder what I was doing in the same room as him, how little he must think of me. But Superman never treated me as anything but an equal. At six inches tall he made me feel like a giant. Now I had to be that giant for him."

in DC, maybe. but there are those far greater than him in both marvel and DC...nice sentiment tho

#47 Edited by Power-Corps (159 posts) - - Show Bio

The Gladiator, Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Iron Man, Dr Strange, Phoenix, Sentry, Mr Fantastic... a lot.

#48 Edited by rabshazam (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: what he said and Martian man hunter and superman

Thor and hulk and Odin

#49 Posted by Ostyo (9370 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom

#50 Posted by Iragexcudder (5413 posts) - - Show Bio

My dad