Who is the more interesting character: Batman or Daredevil?

• 60 results
Avatar image for innovationincarnate
InnovationIncarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In regards to their personality, beliefs, upbringing, personal code, motivation, personal interactions, weaknesses, supporting cast, rogues gallery, and the tragedy that inspired them to become a crimefighter. I'm not talking about who would win in a fight, because I already know what the popular answer would be. I'm talking about the more complex character.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Daredevil. He actually has a personality

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman is more complex

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has had the best comic book stories out of all the superheroes only Superman, X-Men & Spiderman come close so yeah Batman. With that being said much respect to Daredevil, he's really interesting.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Six in one hand. A half dozen in the other.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I prefer Matt.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uhh from what ive seen batman is sooo boring

maybe because dc has a problem with shoving him in everything, so he just gets annoying

maybe media is lying to me, but if thats true,, i would go as far to say batman sucks as a character

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: snyders court of owls was good, batman eternals wasn't so bad either, for some it might seem repetitive, but it's not as bad as.....

-avengers arena

-avengers initiative

-avengers

-new avengers

-avengers world

-there's more but I forgot what else they had on the title, basically you get the point

Also I say bats, I've been liking his books and him as a character, daredevil isn't so far behind though

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: his solo titles might be better

but from what ive seen, every major dc event has him doing pretty much everything, which to me is annoying

harvin326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like daredevil a lot but batman all the way

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Batman.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: I guess it's within his character now, I mean since the JLU cartoon(maybe before) batman has been at the centre of almost everything, but it's indirectly, I think part of his character is being the one you can rely on at ALL times, unlike superman who can be kryptonite poisoned and he's out of the game. Also not everything, he wasn't the main guy in forever evil, cyborg was. Also he hardly shows up in some events, when he does, because of his character, he holds a huge presence. Making it seem like the others are outshone. This might explain what you mean.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman for life...

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Batman more, but Dardevil is easily more interesting. Bats is essentially a Gary-Stu. If you gave his characteristics to any other character, they'd be hated as being too perfect.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil . Batman is boring

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uhh from what ive seen batman is sooo boring

maybe because dc has a problem with shoving him in everything, so he just gets annoying

maybe media is lying to me, but if thats true,, i would go as far to say batman sucks as a character

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the writer

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. No contest. I mean that.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: i hate characters that are shoved into everything

like if space aliens were invading another planet, spidey wouldnt even appear in that story,

in dc, however, they somehow shove batman in there

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Because people would b!tch just like how people b!tched about Goku not bein the savior of the planet.

landrysaathoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By landrysaathoff

Change title to..

"Whos more interesting? Morrison or Bendis?"

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman by a country mile.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how some writers explore the possibility that Batman is just as crazy as the villains he pursues. I can't really comment on Daredevil as I haven't read a great deal if his books. Apart from The Man Without Fear story line most of my exposure to DD has been through his frequent run ins with The Punisher. I didn't like him since he fought with my guy, Frank Castle, but I still liked him well enough outside of those encounters. That's not enough for me to say anymore than I have in the past and continue to find The Batman fascinating.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think either of them are boring. I just find DD a little more interesting.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlackLegRaph

Batman. Just about everything about him is more interesting.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: I guess it's within his character now, I mean since the JLU cartoon(maybe before) batman has been at the centre of almost everything, but it's indirectly, I think part of his character is being the one you can rely on at ALL times, unlike superman who can be kryptonite poisoned and he's out of the game. Also not everything, he wasn't the main guy in forever evil, cyborg was. Also he hardly shows up in some events, when he does, because of his character, he holds a huge presence. Making it seem like the others are outshone. This might explain what you mean.

Yeah, but then think about it.

Pretty much everyone from the original League gets trapped in the Firestorm Matrix...except, the one human. Even without being the main guy in Forever Evil, he was still given a lot more to do than his peers.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: yes, thank you. those are great examples. marvel doesnt overuse their icon, but dc definitely gives batman waaay too much stuff to do.

to the point where its annoying.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

batman narrowly

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt Murdock is the more interesting character to me.

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who has overall better stories in comic? Batman by infinite Mile

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MaZeRaIII

Daredevil.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Daredevil. I feel like some people are just saying Batman or DD based on favorites but their asking about their complexity and DD is just more interesting. Batman is still an interesting character just not as interesting as Matt, i mean cmon he's fricking blind.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil

PsychoPinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman duh, only haters disagree

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@redatom1234: his solo titles might be better

but from what ive seen, every major dc event has him doing pretty much everything, which to me is annoying

The hell are you talking about? you dont even read Batman or DC comics for that matter and yet every single post you make ends up bashing those characters. I dont like playing the Marvel/DC fanboy card but you definitely have something against DC characters which you cleverly disguise as opposing Batman wankery. What about Spider-Man? or Spider-God as you love to call him,he's had just as many mainstream media appearances in the last 15 years as Batman,I dont see you complaining about that.

Daredevil. He actually has a personality

And Batman doesn't? Batman's had more shifts in tone and personality than any other character,he can be written as any character, happy,brooding,violent,psychopathic etc and still work, he can be written with 2 completely separate personalities as Bruce and Batman, there's a documentary about him, research has been conducted on Batman. You can prefer Daredevil by light years,you can believe he has a vastly superior character but dont go around posting non sense,stick to facts.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: um....yeah, I sort of forgot about that. But then instead of seeing this as one of the list of things bats shouldn't be able to do(kick spectre, almost take down the league-twice, being able to do ANYTHING to darkseid) we might as well reinvent his character as someone who is relevant to everything. I swear this guys power level fluctuates more than the hulk. PIS is a superpower when used right. Also batman does have the biggest presence in all of comics barring supes and spidey. Shoving him into a book may sound bat but....actually I ran out of ways to defend it. Let's just leave it at that.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: I wouldn't call it shoving, he's only in about a couple of titles and almost all of the pre 52 story arcs. I guess not adding him in would make you wonder where he is, and let's face it, most of the time batman does his own thing to save the day, without him. We'd still have to worry about the threats, I think that's what his key skill is based on, analysis and action, instead of just...action.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ScouterV

@scouterv: um....yeah, I sort of forgot about that. But then instead of seeing this as one of the list of things bats shouldn't be able to do(kick spectre, almost take down the league-twice, being able to do ANYTHING to darkseid) we might as well reinvent his character as someone who is relevant to everything. I swear this guys power level fluctuates more than the hulk. PIS is a superpower when used right. Also batman does have the biggest presence in all of comics barring supes and spidey. Shoving him into a book may sound bat but....actually I ran out of ways to defend it. Let's just leave it at that.

Don't get me wrong, It' not like I don't get it. He's the GD Batman. To 99% of the general populace and comic book fans, there's nobody cooler. At times it's like he can do pretty much anything. He's the money maker at DC.

Thankfully, unless you're actively reading Batbooks, you don't get forced to read about him save for event books, so if you don't really want Batman, you typically don't have to have him.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By infantfinite128

Batman and Daredevil are my two favorite superheroes, but I think Batman is a more complex character. A lot of it has to do with how crazy he is and how his villains reflect the different facets of his personality. Although, I think Daredevil's been more interesting than Batman for the past 15 years. That Bendis run was better than anything Batman related since the 80s, I think. Batman is my favorite superhero, but I really don't care for the recent interpretations of him. I find Scott Snyder's Batman to be boring.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil by far.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil

Avatar image for deactivated-613e82c4b95f9
deactivated-613e82c4b95f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

The World's Greatest Detective.

That said, Daredevil is pretty cool too.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the point of these threads at times...

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terry McGinnis

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont care for Batman. Daredevil grabs me more.