Posted by TheBane2890 (1958 posts) - - Show Bio

For the most part everyone agrees on Who The Greatest Comic Book Character Of All Time is, but I want to know Who Everyone's All Time Favorite, Underrated Or Forgotten Character Is?

#1 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

The greatest underrated comic character of all time comes down to two characters.

One is Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), who has always easily been on par with Superman in terms of power and whom, in his heyday, even surpassed Superman in sales/popularity. The other is the Thing, who is Marvel Comics' original tough guy and all of comics' first non-heroic/monstrous looking hero. The Thing was also one of the strongest characters in all of comics for the first decade and a half of his existence before Marvel began relegating him to 'jobber' status.

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12269 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

The greatest underrated comic character of all time comes down to two characters.

One is Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), who has always easily been on par with Superman in terms of power and whom, in his heyday, even surpassed Superman in sales/popularity. The other is the Thing, who is Marvel Comics' original tough guy and all of comics' first non-heroic/monstrous looking hero. The Thing was also one of the strongest characters in all of comics for the first decade and a half of his existence before Marvel began relegating him to 'jobber' status.

I agree with this.

But I also think Ted Kord is completely underrated and forgotten. DC killed him off for sh*t's and giggles.

#3 Posted by J1ml33 (540 posts) - - Show Bio

snowflame

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll totally agree with the Thing. Ben Grimm is one of Marvel's greatest characters.

#5 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio
Muhammad X
#6 Posted by MartianManhunter (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#7 Posted by ripcurl (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Airwalker, my favorite herald.

#8 Posted by Billy Batson (58271 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

One is Captain Marvel (Billy Batson), who has always easily been on par with Superman in terms of power and whom, in his heyday, even surpassed Superman in sales/popularity.

He should have had more on goings.

BB

#9 Posted by why_you_mad_tho (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much Everyone in Academy X/New Xmen. Specifically Hellion. You have Dust, who pretty much solod Exodus. Hellion, Prodigy, Mercury and Surge took out Nimrod, something no previous X men team has ever manged to do. Anole, Rockslide, And pixie, who managed to take out Illyana Rasputin. Hellion solod Sentinel One, who absolutely raped an xmen team consisting of magneto, colossus, rogue, and psylocke.

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (16390 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodstorm and Amazon!

#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34364 posts) - - Show Bio

None of the Marvel/Dc characters are underrated 

#12 Posted by TDK_1997 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

I agree with both characters.

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997: Thanks. It glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

#14 Posted by jimmy11 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Batson ! ! !

#15 Posted by The_Tree (7879 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Batson, Maxwell Lord, David Kim, Captain Atom, Steel, the Doom Patrol, and Simon Dark are all what I consider great and underused characters.

#16 Posted by Bernicky (379 posts) - - Show Bio
Captain Marvel the Rebirth
Civil War #7

Need more marvel, never enough Namor, everyone should read Invincible.

#17 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta agree with Billy Batson and The Thing.

#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

CAPTAIN MARVEL
#19 Edited by Strider92 (16770 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Batson and the Thing but my personal favorite underrated character is Union Jack

#20 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy Batson and Invincible

#21 Posted by Blob (576 posts) - - Show Bio

Werewolf by Night especially during his comic book series in the 70's. He is my 2nd favorite comic book character of all time just behind Hulk and I don't think his 70's series gets nearly enough recognition or exposure. He is a really deep and interesting character too.

#22 Posted by SupermanJohnathanKentJr (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Jack Kirby's Orion.

#23 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Firelord is...

#24 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

the original spawn(al simmons), blue marvel ghost rider is underrated(johnny blaze)

#25 Posted by JairamGanpat (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#26 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio
This Guy
#27 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Already seen a few that I thought of on here, like Billy Batson, Namor, and Union Jack. To add to this I'd prob say John Constantine, maybe not to everyone, but at least to the people in my town who read comics. People here only remember him from the movie, and that is not exactly the best way for them to remember him imo.

#28 Posted by darkrider (463 posts) - - Show Bio
Air Wave III (Who's Who #1)

air wave

#29 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7761 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat said:

Martian Manhunter

#30 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're talking really forgotten... I adore forgotten characters. I really love characters like:

Arion, Amethyst and Aztek... coincidentally all beginning with A.

But I wouldn't remotely consider Marvel, Manhunter or Kord forgotten... at least not by the fanbase.

Gypsy on the other hand... pretty forgotten. :-(