#1 Posted by Graysonfan11 (172 posts) - - Show Bio

OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. whO DO YOU THINK?

#2 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
The God Dam Batman.
#3 Posted by cody1984 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio
Butcher
#4 Posted by KingofMadCows (345 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

2 greatest leaders ever

#6 Posted by Wattup (648 posts) - - Show Bio

@Graysonfan11 said:

OPTIMUS PRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. whO DO YOU THINK?

But isn't Optimus dead half the time? He's like the Transformers version of Jean Grey.

#7 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
Leader is a good leader. 
#8 Posted by Saren (25674 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Steve Rogers & Cyclops.

#10 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- This is an almost impossible question to answer because most of the accepted great leaders are given credit for things assumed and not seen on page

#11 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- This is an almost impossible question to answer because most of the accepted great leaders are given credit for things assumed and not seen on page

Explain

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12766 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops or Nightwing for me

#13 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

Explain

- For this example I will use the 3 Marvel characters most often quoted as leaders, Captain America, Cyclops, and Storm. (Pre-flame disclaimer, I do not care about any of the 3 more than the other)

- While each have had multiple moments where they were really shown to lead in an exemplary manner, the majority of the time each leads a team into battle and tells everyone to hit somebody.

- Before everyone starts tossing around scanned feats and losing your mind because you think I'm making fun of your fav character, I am aware impressive things exist, but are outnumbered by far by them leading brawls.

- Many writers are content in taking the characters accepted place rather than going out of their way to show it.

#14 Posted by ThanoStomp (788 posts) - - Show Bio

No heroes inspire thier fellow superheros better than Captain America and Superman.  As a team mate you gotta go with Superman, obviously because of his abilities.  But as a pure leader, I'd go with Cap. 

"On Olympus we measure speed by Mercury, power by Zeus, and strength by Hercules... but we measure courage by Captain America."  - Hercules      Respect, yo.

#15 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanoStomp said:

No heroes inspire thier fellow superheros better than Captain America and Superman. As a team mate you gotta go with Superman, obviously because of his abilities. But as a pure leader, I'd go with Cap. "On Olympus we measure speed by Mercury, power by Zeus, and strength by Hercules... but we measure courage by Captain America." - Hercules Respect, yo.

Good points that was an awsome quote.

#16 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

Explain

- For this example I will use the 3 Marvel characters most often quoted as leaders, Captain America, Cyclops, and Storm. (Pre-flame disclaimer, I do not care about any of the 3 more than the other)

- While each have had multiple moments where they were really shown to lead in an exemplary manner, the majority of the time each leads a team into battle and tells everyone to hit somebody.

- Before everyone starts tossing around scanned feats and losing your mind because you think I'm making fun of your fav character, I am aware impressive things exist, but are outnumbered by far by them leading brawls.

- Many writers are content in taking the characters accepted place rather than going out of their way to show it.

Telling their team to hit somebody is apart of the job.

#17 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

Explain

Telling their team to hit somebody is apart of the job.

- Yes it is part of their job, but its a function anyone on the team can do, it does not highlight their ability as a leader.

- To be a leader, much less a great one, they need to show on a consistant basis that they can manage a situation, battle, negotiation better than those around them to a significant degree.

- This is not done often enough IMO to really sell me on them being exceptional, and I'm not just going to accept it because they say so.

#18 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@WarMachineMarkV: Not exactly, They also come up with battle strategies.

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. No doubt. No question.

#20 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

nick fury. black or white he is the best leader in marvel universe.

#21 Posted by homeslice (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Rogers is the greatest leader imo. Props to Superman and Cyclops as well.

#22 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually he is no more in such a position. But for me Magneto is still the best leader in the MU.

#23 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio

Kermit the Frog

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing, Batman and Captain America in that order.

Excluded Cyke on purpose.

#26 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Vision2.0 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanoStomp said:

No heroes inspire thier fellow superheros better than Captain America and Superman. As a team mate you gotta go with Superman, obviously because of his abilities. But as a pure leader, I'd go with Cap. "On Olympus we measure speed by Mercury, power by Zeus, and strength by Hercules... but we measure courage by Captain America." - Hercules Respect, yo.

<3

#29 Posted by Vision2.0 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

What kind of question is this...Its Captain America hands down...

#30 Edited by X_tricity (28 posts) - - Show Bio

<--------- This Guy

No super powers or gadgets

Just guts

#31 Posted by difficlus (10679 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman/Batman.

Nick Fury/Captain America

#32 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio
Flame shield on
#33 Edited by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

The God Dam Batman.

If a leader needs something is instant respect: This guy, Superman, Iron Man and yes the Cap are people that deserves my respect so soon I'll saw them (If I were part of a super team)

But I go for Bats because he don't just have respect he have the fear factor

#34 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#35 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America, Cable, Darkseid, the Leader, etc would get my vote(s)

#36 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat said:

Flame shield on

So much win

#37 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America and Cyclops.

#38 Posted by slick23 (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. And im a DC fanboy, but Cap is the best leader out there.

#39 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@cody1984 said:

Butcher
#40 Posted by jhazzroucher (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

Ororo Munroe is one of them.

#41 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman for DC, Captain America for Marvel. I don't view supes as much of a leader. As batman said back in Infinite Crisis, the only time he inspired someone was when he was dead.

#42 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@fury714: Batman says alot of things

#43 Edited by pingclang (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Hands down, Steve Rogers. I think it was Frank Miller who wrote that he was a man who could command gods? That aside, the fact he has such a tactical mind, a will like you wouldn't believe and an understanding of combat like he does, I think he's best. That's leaving aside the respect and honor folks uphold for the guy, which is why so many listen. Just my opinion though.

#44 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's impossible to quantify who the greatest leader in the history of comic-books is, but Storm is undoubtedly the worst.

#45 Edited by nickthedevil (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

I think it's impossible to quantify who the greatest leader in the history of comic-books is, but Storm is undoubtedly the worst.

I see what you did there...

#46 Posted by soccersss (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Nightwing for DC. Nick Fury and Captain America for Marvel in my opinion

#47 Posted by nickthedevil (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

the way i see it there are two types of things that need to be considered for a leader to be considered as Great....

1. the leader needs to be tactical, and have a great mind for strategy.

2. the leader needs to be the major supporting link of the team. Morally, and emotionally. he needs to be able to rally and care for his team, and do whats best for the cause at the same time.

This said, Batman excels at Number 1, but lacks expertise in Number 2.

I think Both Captain America and Optimus Prime are the best.

#48 Posted by myfavoritemartian (3 posts) - - Show Bio
Emperor Palpatine
#49 Posted by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio

I'mma let you finish in a minute, and all those other guys were great....BUT DICK GRAYSON IS THE GREATEST LEADER OF ALL TIME!

#50 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Captain America. No doubt. No question.