Who is the biggest Rocket Raccoon fan in CV?

• 127 results
Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@winter_kills: BFR's? =Biggest fans of Rocket, maybe?

I've actually forgotten how I 'found' Rocket but it was somewhere at the late -90's I believe. I recall being a bit annoyed that there was just that one mini series.

I don't think I had really even heard of Guardians of the galaxy before the relaunch, it was very hard to get obscure Marvel (or DC) titles at the farthing corners of Europe (read non Avengers/X-men, Super man/Batman) back at the early -90's before Internet age and on-line delivery services. If you were lucky you had a cousin in America or Britain who could send you stuff through snail mail such as bootlegged hit films, cassettes or "weird" comics.

BFRS.....I like it, kinda like a riff on BFG!! lol

But man, you are also one of the biggest RR fans I know, chatted with you about him & the GOTG and cosmic Marvel in general ALOT & really enjoyed it, had to give a shout-out.

Yeah, I think I discovered Rocket about mid-late 90's too. He made a guest appearance in She-Hulk, and I think I went back from there looking for the mini. I know I managed to get my hands on his first Incredible Hulk appearance in 271 by rummaging around in back-issue bins, ironically I think I may have found it after I found the mini. I loved it too, the Toy War is so awesome and underrated, Mantlo & Mignola were awesome; it's a bit different than the RR we know now, but I can see how he evolved. I think I was annoyed there wasn't more with him too, I was even more annoyed by a Peter David Hulk issue in the 90s where they insinuated Rocket was dead:

No Caption Provided

Rocket's "pelt"...man how that pissed me off!!! lol Hard to believe as popular as Rocket is today that a scene like that happened, how times change, luckily for us. When they showed Rocket again in the Annihilation Star-Lord mini, I freakin' cheered. Giffen & DnA brought Rocket back & made him cooler than ever, he was handled awesomely in the movie, and Skottie Young also captured Rocket's voice excellently. Never thought back in the 90's I'd ever be in the middle of a "Rocket Renaissance", but man I'm glad I am, and we have those mad geniuses Giffen & DnA to thank! (I'm also glad that Bill Mantlo got to see his creation become such a success; that story always touches my heart.)

I hate Rocket.

No Caption Provided

JK!! lol

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By legacy6364
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You're obsessed with him, and you're not the only one here in CV for sure. :)

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: Better question: who isn't a Rocket fan so we can find them and hurt them?

Star-lord > Rocky Raccoon

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the mention, bro! Don't forget @sinikettu, too. I consider you guys THE Rocket fans too, when I talk about Rocket, it's always with you guys, guys that get what makes him awesome & why he has ALWAYS been awesome. I have to add @rocketraccoonthingy, though, definitely earning their place with us. DD fans are called Hornheads...Thor fans Thorriors...what can RR fans like ourselves be called?

The first thing I thought of was "Rocketeers" (not to be confused with the indie steampunk comic).

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're obsessed with him, and you're not the only one here in CV for sure. :)

Thank you.

@xwraith said:
@winter_kills said:

Thanks for the mention, bro! Don't forget @sinikettu, too. I consider you guys THE Rocket fans too, when I talk about Rocket, it's always with you guys, guys that get what makes him awesome & why he has ALWAYS been awesome. I have to add @rocketraccoonthingy, though, definitely earning their place with us. DD fans are called Hornheads...Thor fans Thorriors...what can RR fans like ourselves be called?

The first thing I thought of was "Rocketeers" (not to be confused with the indie steampunk comic).

The system is mistaking me for rocket raccoon. You didn't even tag me. But you did mention Rocket Raccoon.

#Thuglife

#Rocketislove,Rocketislife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

@rocketraccoonthingy: It was because Winter tagged you in the post I quoted.

I can't see anything. Just say it brah. I'm badass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe a nickname for the rocket raccoon fan base could be the Rocketeers?

idk lol just a suggestion

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TheBlondeGod
Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Spider-ManWins
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: Sure I like Rocket a ton but, I never said I like him better than spidey. Jeezus. Spidey was my first favorite superhero so beat it.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rocketraccoonthingy: so you were always with the spider-God?

No Caption Provided

you might still want to read this book though, so you can now how to praise him better

No Caption Provided

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:
@winter_kills said:

Rocketeers...I like that! It sounds like one of the classic Marvel nicknames, like Hornheads, Thorriors and Web-Heads.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Spider-ManWins
Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@granitesoldier said:

@xwraith: Better question: who isn't a Rocket fan so we can find them and hurt them?

YES!!

No Caption Provided

lol

@transformers1024 said:

Well I read the Guardians of the Galaxy comic back in 09' BEFORE it was cool!

Me too! Honestly, without DnA's awesome run, we wouldn't be chatting here right now! (And Giffen too!)

Rockccoons.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills:

Never thought back in the 90's I'd ever be in the middle of a "Rocket Renaissance", but man I'm glad I am, and we have those mad geniuses Giffen & DnA to thank! (I'm also glad that Bill Mantlo got to see his creation become such a success; that story always touches my heart.

You know what's particularly ironic about Rocket's current popularity... Back at the early -90's when fans asked from Marvel's chief in editor (DeFalco) about having another mini or just more issues/apperances with Rocket after that she-Hulk story his response was roughly "Its never going to happen while I'm the editor in chief. His too goofy and totally unmarketable, so stop petitioning us."

I found the quote somewhere from the net but I can't remember which comic related site it was in nor was I able find it again to verify the quote properly.

But it's still a fun little anecdote.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@transformers1024 said:

Me too! Honestly, without DnA's awesome run, we wouldn't be chatting here right now! (And Giffen too!)

DnA is what got me into the character as well. But I will admit my interest in the GotG was spurred by the new Agent Venom would be joining the team. That instantly meant I would be getting that title, so I decided to read up and hopefully like the rest of the team.

Rocket easily became my favorite out of them, along with Star-Lord and to an extent Groot.

Even though Rock is still second to Thompson for me personally haha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills:

Never thought back in the 90's I'd ever be in the middle of a "Rocket Renaissance", but man I'm glad I am, and we have those mad geniuses Giffen & DnA to thank! (I'm also glad that Bill Mantlo got to see his creation become such a success; that story always touches my heart.

You know what's particularly ironic about Rocket's current popularity... Back at the early -90's when fans asked from Marvel's chief in editor (DeFalco) about having another mini or just more issues/apperances with Rocket after that she-Hulk story his response was roughly "Its never going to happen while I'm the editor in chief. His too goofy and totally unmarketable, so stop petitioning us."

I found the quote somewhere from the net but I can't remember which comic related site it was in nor was I able find it again to verify the quote properly.

But it's still a fun little anecdote.

Yeah, I seem to remember that! I think it was in a letters page; people wanted to see more Rocket after his appearances I She-Hulk, and DeFalco looked at him like he was a goofy joke character or something(he obviously never read the Toy War mini, because it had more depth than you see on the surface), and I think Peter David played into that by "killing him off" in the Troyjan War Room in tht issue of Hulk as a joke, but even as a kid it pissed me off and I didn't find it a bit funny. But, it's so funny how times have changed, and now Rocket has become one of the most recognizable characters around, practically a household name, on tons of merchandise...I wonder if DeFalaco ever kicks himself over that comment lol! But, it's really a testament to the talent of the writers that saw the potential that we did and revived him, Giffen & DnA, added more elements to him and made him even cooler, but also depth that showed he was more than just a gun-toting anthropomorphic raccoon, and I'm glad they brought that depth to his portrayal in the movie too, and showed he was more of a complicated "raccoonoid" being with deep emotions/scars and a cunning strategist/weaponsmith, and not a gun-toting, cartoony "funny animal" character. Now the whole world knows it, and I'm glad to see that Rocket has come all this way.

@winter_kills said:
@transformers1024 said:

DnA is what got me into the character as well. But I will admit my interest in the GotG was spurred by the new Agent Venom would be joining the team. That instantly meant I would be getting that title, so I decided to read up and hopefully like the rest of the team.

Rocket easily became my favorite out of them, along with Star-Lord and to an extent Groot.

Even though Rock is still second to Thompson for me personally haha.

I have to admit, Agent Venom is pretty cool. I followed his series when it was running and really enjoyed it, I liked Flash Thompson turning something that was seen as "villainous" and dark into something positive. (Now we know it's not the symbiotes that are bad, but the hosts that corrupts them in a sense, something I've always suspected.) I also followed Secret Avengers too; I was skeptical when Brubaker left, but when I heard that Hawkeye(another of my all time faves) was going to be on the team, and Agent Venom, I was in. I thought it was cool Flash got to date Valkyrie- lucky sucker!! lol Now I'm no fan of Bendis and his take on the GOTG by any stretch of the imagination, but I admit I was interested to see what he was doing with Agent Venom, and I picked the book back up again for the "Planet of the Symbiotes" arc, and I did like the outcome, and how it made more sense with the nature of symbiosis, and how it showed that not only Flash was heroic, but the being bonded to him was too. I hope Bendis continues to progress more with him, a lot of potential for him there, personally I'd like a new ongoing that has Flash using his connections with the GOTG, the Avengers, Spidey & everything to just go on missions pretty much everywhere around the MU, from the cosmic to the Earthly places, like the Savage Land, Atlantis etc.

I love Groot as well, hard to be a Rocket fan and not love Groot as well, but my love for Rocket is really rivalled by my love for Star-Lord, & I liked the guy before he was "cool" lol I loved how Giffen revived him in Thanos and later Annihilation, and DnA went further...how he was not superpowered but had a unique level of experience and these haphazard plans that actually worked(usually with tactical help from Rocket.) I loved his sense of humor, he had some of the best friggin' lines in those books that made me laugh out loud. I'm a huge Rich Rider fan, and I loved the friendship between them, how they were like space bros, or the cosmic Butch & Sundance. And they were guys from Earth that went from being considered B-listers to cosmic war veterans and major players that saved the entire universe again & again, true Guardians of the Galaxy. (I also loved his friendship & co-leadership of the GOTG with Rocket.) And it helped that I really identified with both Rich & Pete as characters, I could see parts of myself in them. To me though, what kept me reading at that time, and still I guess, was Rocket, Pete & Rich, to me they were like the trinity of Marvel cosmic.

No Caption Provided

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am the one.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills:Walker is probably my favourite GOTG artist and Schiti is holding the "prince-in-waiting" title right now since Walker jumped for DC 2012 but damn does Guardians of Knowhere have some great art so my all time favourite might change soon. I'm probably getting all the books even if Bendis sucks with writing again, just for the sake of that gorgeous art.

@rocketraccoonthingy: Oh, yesssh you are. :)

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills:Walker is probably my favourite GOTG artist and Schiti is holding the "prince-in-waiting" title right now since Walker jumped for DC 2012 but damn does Guardians of Knowhere have some great art so my all time favourite might change soon. I'm probably getting all the books even if Bendis sucks with writing again, just for the sake of that gorgeous art.

@rocketraccoonthingy: Oh, yesssh you are. :)

I agree, Brad Walker is awesome, seriously underrated. I loved not only his GOTG, but his work on the Annihiltion Nova mini, loved how he drew everyone, and Rocket really looked like a Raccoon moreso than how some artists draw him. Schiti has a lot of potential, like you said a "prince in waiting", I do like the Agent Venom redesign and the movie-style look for Pete, and Schiti does Rocket pretty well. I'm in total agreement with you about GOK...regardless of my disdain for some of Bendis' handling of the GOTG, the art is fantastic! Deodato is da man. I freakin' love seeing Rocket in his GOTG uniform, and of course Mantis(shame Pete is busy in Star-Lord & Kitty tie-in, would love t see him in his GOTG duds again for old times sake), and Angela looks sexy, angelic and badass. I'm definitely giving the book a chance because of the art and the inclusion of Angela and Mantis, and as you said, even if Bendis sucks at writing, we still have some fantastic art to feast our eyes upon.

@sinikettu: Bow before me!

Okely-dokely.

No Caption Provided

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

June is almost here... Can't wait to get my mits on GoK and Witch hunter Angela, Groot #1, Stra-lord & kitty Pryde, IG and so forth. So many SW-tittles that look promising are coming up at June.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinikettu: Meanwhile, I can't wait for Rocket Raccoon #12

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Winter_Kills

@

@winter_kills: hey look, a gif of one of spider-mans pawns

No Caption Provided

(The truth is, everyone is pawns in Loki's game.....hehehe) LOL

June is almost here... Can't wait to get my mits on GoK and Witch hunter Angela, Groot #1, Stra-lord & kitty Pryde, IG and so forth. So many SW-tittles that look promising are coming up at June.

I know bro. Lots of great titles to pick up that look like they have potential. Gonna be a good month....except for my poor wallet!! lol

@sinikettu: Meanwhile, I can't wait for Rocket Raccoon #12

Hear hear! Hate that it's the last issue of the ongoing for the forseeable future though.

No Caption Provided