#1 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio


#2 Posted by TheCannon (19471 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it's Hawkeye.

#3 Posted by Catsnlynne (1060 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Hawkeye.

#4 Posted by Cap10nate (2741 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure both characters have been shown to make just about the same shots so this will come come down to which character do you prefer...so I voted Hawkeye.

#5 Posted by Raw_Material (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkeye's badass, for sure..

#6 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Bartn

#7 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadshot.

#8 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye.green arrow sucks hawkeye nuts

#9 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Hawkeye > Green Arrow > Hawkeye

#10 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

Ultimate Hawkeye > Green Arrow > Hawkeye

It's Earth 616 Hawkeye unless otherwise stated.

And the better archer is Hawkeye.

Clint has been practicing every day for 15 years(since his childhood at the circus) where as Oliver has been practicing 5 years.

#11 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@fodigg said:

Ultimate Hawkeye > Green Arrow > Hawkeye

It's Earth 616 Hawkeye unless otherwise stated.

And the better archer is Hawkeye.

Clint has been practicing every day for 15 years(since his childhood at the circus) where as Oliver has been practicing 5 years.

I was intentionally adding ultimate Hawkeye to the mix, who is more like Bullseye. And time practicing doesn't really determine skill.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (26084 posts) - - Show Bio

To me, Hawkeye has more impressive feats. 

Online
#13 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

How long did he spend practicing a day cause hawkeye doing half hour a day or green arrow doing 6 hours a day means they been or practicing bout the same about

#14 Posted by ALFMutant (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow

I'm sure nobody here have read Mike Grell's comics. People prefer Hawkeye just because he is more popular right now.

#15 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Hawkeye has better feats.

Like taking down a helicopter with one arrow, shooting at objects without directly looking at them, etc.

Oliver actually once prayed to not miss(implying he wasn't as good of an archer Green Arrow fans thinks he is) in Green Arrow: Five Stages.

#16 Posted by Squalleon (4993 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DiwGqWU4O8

Pre 52 Green arrow has better feats!

dc database:

Oliver Queen is perhaps the finest archer ever known. He claims to be able to shoot 29 arrows per minute (he stated this himself, in the Sound of Violence story arc, when he corrected Black Canary for saying 26). He has a wide-variety of trick arrows, ranging from bola arrows to time-bomb arrows to his infamous boxing-glove arrow. In recent years he has used these arrows sparingly, preferring the time-tested simple arrow. Green Arrow has shown the ability to shoot an arrow down the barrel of a gun, pierce a drop of water as it leaves a tap, and shoot almost any part of the human body; although he aims only to wound and not kill when he shoots. He once shot two arrows down two different gun barrels while upside down, in mid-flip while somersaulting off a building.

SO if we are talking pre 52 green arrow then GA

else Hawkeye due to lack of feats

#17 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@fodigg: Hawkeye has better feats.

Like taking down a helicopter with one arrow, shooting at objects without directly looking at them, etc.

Oliver actually once prayed to not miss(implying he wasn't as good of an archer Green Arrow fans thinks he is) in Green Arrow: Five Stages.

I think Oliver's pre-revamp feats are just as impressive. I don't think confidence or religiosity are relevant either.

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58370 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that was written by two not so good writers so meh.
BB

#19 Posted by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Roy is better than Hawkeye from his feats (can't remember). But Hawkeye IMHO is better than Grenn Arrow.

#20 Edited by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Well that was written by two not so good writers so meh.
BB

What story are you referring to?

@Shutdown said:

I think Roy is better than Hawkeye from his feats (can't remember). But Hawkeye IMHO is better than Grenn Arrow.

This is only earth 616 Hawkeye and pre 52 Green Arrow(because new 52 wouldn't be fair). Where are you getting this from?

#21 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Green Arrow. But only because the comments sounded like everyone was going for Hawkeye. They're equal in my eyes. And its nice to see the poll currently reflects this.

#22 Posted by Billy Batson (58370 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd:

I dunno, the one you mentioned?
BB

#23 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: I guess being condescending is payback for me being impatient, huh?

How are they terrible writers?

#24 Posted by Billy Batson (58370 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd:

Not really. Thought it was rather obvious when only one story was mentioned.
By writing bad stories?
BB

#25 Posted by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: I know I was just saying ( I realised it was slightly OT).

I said that because Roy is shown to be the best archer (unsure about Connor) and one of the best marksmen in DC, and is far better than Ollie. Hawkeye is shown to be the second best archer in Marvel (I think Kate Bishop is stated as being better) and one of the best marksmen in Marvel (Bullseye is probably better). Thus since Roy is better, I think, (by what margin I don't know) than Clint, and Roy is far better than Ollie, Clint is better than Ollie.

But as I said before within this thread,616 Hawkeye > Pre 52 Green Arrow.

#26 Posted by Squalleon (4993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shutdown said:

@xxxddd: I know I was just saying ( I realised it was slightly OT).

I said that because Roy is shown to be the best archer (unsure about Connor) and one of the best marksmen in DC, and is far better than Ollie. Hawkeye is shown to be the second best archer in Marvel (I think Kate Bishop is stated as being better) and one of the best marksmen in Marvel (Bullseye is probably better). Thus since Roy is better, I think, (by what margin I don't know) than Clint, and Roy is far better than Ollie, Clint is better than Ollie.

But as I said before within this thread,616 Hawkeye > Pre 52 Green Arrow.

Roy has the potential to became better than Ollie

where did you even saw that he is better 0_o

#27 Posted by Onemoreposter (4101 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Arrow

Roy Harper. Pre-Flashpoint, pre-Rise and Fall, Harper was a Leaguer and it was shown and stated that he was a better marksman than Ollie.

#28 Posted by Squalleon (4993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: Please show some scans!

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is the best archer in all of fiction.

#30 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow no question

#31 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

green arrow.

#32 Posted by quirky_anecdotes (344 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is bullseye not an option?

Seriously?

#33 Posted by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@quirky_anecdotes said:

Why is bullseye not an option?

Seriously?

Isn't it more of a superpower for Bullseye and not a honed skill? I'm not honestly sure.

I'd vote Red Arrow, but between GA and Hawkeye, I always thought it to be dead even.

#34 Posted by Shutdown (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@serpent222: I think it's natural talent and aptitude along with training.

@Squalleon: I'm sure it states so when Roy joins the Justice League as Red Arrow. I don't have any scans. Plus Roy has been training since he was young and thus it make sense he will surpass his mentor.

I think it's stated in other instances as well.

#35 Posted by Squalleon (4993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shutdown: No in JLA Green Lantern states that he will became better and Soon!

JLA 7

See!
#36 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@xxxddd:

Not really. Thought it was rather obvious when only one story was mentioned.

Well, you replied to noone when you made that statement so you might as well have been talking to yourself.

@Billy Batson said:

@xxxddd:

By writing bad stories?
BB

Thanks for being specific!

#37 Posted by Billy Batson (58370 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

Well, you replied to noone when you made that statement so you might as well have been talking to yourself.

.......srs?

@xxxddd said:

Thanks for being specific!

You're welcome for not asking specific examples? Green Arrow hasn't been good when Winick started writing it, apart from Year One of course. If you want good Green Arrow stories, you'll read everything before Winick and Diggle's Year One.
BB

#38 Posted by xxxddd (3593 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson:

1. What does SRS mean?

2. Got it.

#39 Posted by Mia26 (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow WINS ..... As far as character their about the same person, except Green Arrow is the better Archer and a complete bad ass ...

#40 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

I'm sure both characters have been shown to make just about the same shots so this will come come down to which character do you prefer...so I voted Hawkeye.