#1 Posted by Iohan26 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers: Iron Man, The Mighty Thor, The Incridible Hulk, Spider-Man, Dr. Strange

Fantastic Four: Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, The Thing

So who is better?

#2 Posted by Iohan26 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I prefer the Avengers literally I think the Fantastic Four very disorganized and a team that has several problems between themselves and their performance as a team is bad!!!!!

#3 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

With that specific Avengers roster? The FF are a better team. You have no reputable leader in that Avengers line-up, and the Hulk's not exactly a team player (unless it's Rulk, Smart Hulk, She-Hulk, etc.). Of course, in a fight, these Avengers would destroy the FF, but as a functioning team, Marvel's First Family's got 'em beat.

#4 Posted by Backflip (2256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iohan26 said:

Honestly I prefer the Avengers literally I think the Fantastic Four very disorganized and a team that has several problems between themselves and their performance as a team is bad!!!!!

Marvel's first family is disorganized? At least they've never felt the need to hunt each other down and crucify them to the masses. Furthermore, you think the Fantastic Four's performances are bad? I'm sorry, but who stopped Galactus, Abraxas, Blastaar, Dr Doom, The Celestials, the Annihilation Wave and more? I'll give you a clue, Captain America's never been a member.

Overall I think I actually prefer the Fantastic Four. Recently I've become very sour with the Avengers initiative even if they did have a phenomenal movie. Whereas the Fantastic Four still seem fresh, endearing and utterly heroic.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Backflip said:

@Iohan26 said:

Marvel's first family is disorganized? At least they've never felt the need to hunt each other down and crucify them to the masses. Furthermore, you think the Fantastic Four's performances are bad? I'm sorry, but who stopped Galactus, Abraxas, Blastaar, Dr Doom, The Celestials, the Annihilation Wave and more? I'll give you a clue, Captain America's never been a member.

Overall I think I actually prefer the Fantastic Four. Recently I've become very sour with the Avengers initiative even if they did have a phenomenal movie. Whereas the Fantastic Four still seem fresh, endearing and utterly heroic.

I gotta say that I agree with this. The FF have always been interesting, especially with Hickman, Millar, and Waid writing the more recent books. Sure, they've never had a decent movie, but that means nothing when the overall quality of the team has been great since forever. The Avengers are awesome, but they (not including The Ultimates) haven't had an interesting story that revolved around them since the Kree/Skrull War, and that was way back when. Hopefully when Hickman's got control of the team, the Avengers will be just as cool as they used to be, instead of just sitting around doing nothing of worth.

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men.

No but seriously, Fantastic Four are the better team.

#7 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

1.the avengers

2.x-men

#8 Posted by CrimsonCake (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

The avengers.

#9 Posted by The Stegman (22705 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the Avengers, but as to who is the better team, I feel like the Fantastic Four has their sh*t together more often than the Avengers do. 

#10 Posted by johnkmccubbin91 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Avengers but have alot more respect for FF cause if they weren't successful we wouldn't have alot of character cause Stan Lee wouldn't have had as much freedom.

#11 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers

#12 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

I always preferred the Avengers over the Fantastic Four, but its really a push in the end. It depends on the story and what is needed.

#13 Edited by SirNickTheEpic (584 posts) - - Show Bio

the fantastic four are a family that has always been what sets them aside from anyother team, how ever it can lead to weaknesses... personally the avengers are better as most the f4 have been in the avengers aside from johnny who was a herald of galactus and lord of the negative zone

#14 Posted by Teerack (5158 posts) - - Show Bio
@iohan26 said:

Really? Do you read FF? You think they have bad team work? I mean I'd probably say the Avengers are better because they work as more of a tactical team, but the FF works really great together and they know each others strengths and weaknesses more so than any other team out there.

#15 Posted by Jphu8414 (3067 posts) - - Show Bio

Always preferred FF

#16 Posted by Farkam (4640 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:
@iohan26 said:

Really? Do you read FF? You think they have bad team work? I mean I'd probably say the Avengers are better because they work as more of a tactical team, but the FF works really great together and they know each others strengths and weaknesses more so than any other team out there.

This.

#17 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7468 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the Avengers to the Fantastic Four. It could be because I haven't read many of their comics.

#18 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

I loooooove the FF. Avengers are cool too. But that FF man.

#19 Posted by JulieDC (859 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the fantastic four

#20 Posted by westy206 (566 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been buying classic avenger books recently trying to see if I can like them but I always feel really distant from the characters. Fantastic Four and X-men I think you quickly understand their characters and their individual struggles. So for me FF are better.

#21 Posted by HumanRocket (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

That avengers team looks too meh. It doesn't look like it has that great chemistry so ill go with FF even though I haven't read much FF to know how well they function

#22 Posted by Jake Fury (18059 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like the FF has lost quite a bit of its luster in the modern Marvel U. It seems like the team is constantly playing a second fiddle to X-men or Avengers.

#23 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7561 posts) - - Show Bio

Have to say Avengers, hickmans Four was pretty good though

#24 Posted by bunt947 (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers > FF for me.

#25 Posted by MarlboroMan (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Fantastic four with the 5% of the firepower compared to Avengers they deal with threats a lot bigger then that team of powerhouses on a daily base

#26 Posted by The Stegman (22705 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer the Avengers, but as to who is the better team, I feel like the Fantastic Four has their sh*t together more often than the Avengers do.

I was about to quote this and agree, then the awkward moment came when I realized it's my own post from a year ago.

#27 Posted by Wolverine08 (37944 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers.

#28 Posted by Jack Donaghy (876 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers.

#29 Posted by StormShadow_X (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate lately Doctor Doom and Galactus have become Villains to the Avengers or everyone. You don't see green Goblin vs. Ironman with out spidey somewhere. Lately doom and Galactus are no longer FF villains and feel like villains to the Avengers

#30 Posted by FearTheLiving (2323 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers never was a huge fan of the Fantastic Four.