#1 Edited by superkryptonian (67 posts) - - Show Bio

A super hero embodies courage, honor, and hope. A super hero is a person who we strive to be like and envy in every way. Whether it be the sacrifices of Batman or the perfection of Superman a hero is always an incarnation for justice. So which hero do you think best embodies the ideals of a super hero?

#2 Posted by Immortal777 (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

Perfection of Superman?

#3 Posted by Joygirl (19277 posts) - - Show Bio

Atrocitus

#4 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Molly Weasley

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B**** "

#5 Edited by TheBournePoster (575 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#6 Edited by Strider92 (16238 posts) - - Show Bio

Its all a matter of perspective really but I think Superman, Batman and Spider-man basically embody the epitome of what a hero should be for very similar and at the same time different reasons. Superman simply because he's given god-like powers that he could use anyway he likes but chooses to use them to do good. Batman for wanting to protect people and stop the same thing that happened to him as a child happening to other people and Spider-man simply because he's prepared to do and risk anything regardless of the cost to himself to protect people.

So yeah really you can't go wrong with those three. I wouldn't say any of them were superior to the other at being heroic they just go about it differently but in equally heroic and commendable ways.

#7 Posted by Z3RO180 (6422 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman has my vote

#8 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Aztek the Ultimate Man. *Shrug*

#10 Posted by MagnificentStorm (1388 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ectoborge (208 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: I absolutely agree. But I will be creative and say that my answer is Emyia Kiritsugu because he embodies a philosophy that shows how hypocritical "heroes" are. All superheroes even the great ones focus on punishing evil rather than using their power to solve world problems like hunger, disease, and war. Furthermore heroes claim to condemn violence but only use violence to solve problems. And in human history wars were fought and people suffered because a "hero" claimed that there was honor or glory to be earned in war.

Emyia does make some compelling points but he is not a true hero like Batman, Superman, or Spider-Man, because he does not risk his own life to save others.

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (40519 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to be creative and say I think my favorite superhero Wolverine is the best superhero. Some will say that Logan can't be called the best superhero because of his copious amount of mistakes and morally dubious decisions in his past. I think that this is part of what Wolverine great. Even though he has made so many mistakes throughout his life, he is dedicated to making amends for them and become a better person. Occasionally, he falters and makes mistakes again, but he is always committed to looking forward and trying to atone for his mistakes and become a real hero. I think he should be an inspiration for people to improve themselves as people. This is just my opinion, and I'm not saying it's fact.

#16 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to be creative and say I think my favorite superhero Wolverine is the best superhero. Some will say that Logan can't be called the best superhero because of his copious amount of mistakes and morally dubious decisions in his past. I think that this is part of what Wolverine great. Even though he has made so many mistakes throughout his life, he is dedicated to making amends for them and become a better person. Occasionally, he falters and makes mistakes again, but he is always committed to looking forward and trying to atone for his mistakes and become a real hero. I think he should be an inspiration for people to improve themselves as people. This is just my opinion, and I'm not saying it's fact.

I love Wolverine because he ISN'T (in my opinion) a superhero. He's a man with a gift and a curse trying to find his place in the world.

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (6944 posts) - - Show Bio

@superkryptonian:

this is 100% subjective. but IMO the best hero is flash. Wally. he'll help an oldwoman buy dixing a leaky pipe or catchin her as she falls just as quickly as he'd fight darkseid

#18 Posted by superkryptonian (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: By that i mean he is portrayed as a being of god like stature. While yes he has his flaws hes basically the living symbol of perfection. He wields the power to crush mountains and and vaporize cities yet protects from harm to a point of even taking time to rescue a cat stuck in a tree

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (82592 posts) - - Show Bio

In term of best superhero it comes down to Superman and Captain America.

In terms of traditional hero its Hercules.

#20 Posted by MarlboroMan (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the answer is Spiderman, he is the one that everyone can find some connection and look up to

#21 Posted by Teerack (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

Roy Harper.

#22 Edited by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words

Captain America

#23 Posted by joshmightbe (24874 posts) - - Show Bio

For proof see the name of the comic book Genre he's part of

#24 Edited by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words

Captain America

Two more words.

I agree. :-)

#25 Edited by smiling4ever (35 posts) - - Show Bio

So many from different universes... It is just so hard to choose one.

#26 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman or Supes

#27 Posted by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpoool LOL

#28 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes or Cap, though I wouldn't be adverse to either Spidey or Bats either. Really, many superheroes could qualify.

#29 Edited by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

It all comes down to three guys - Superman,Batman and Spider-Man.

#30 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Vision, yeah, Vision

#31 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17746 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite hero is Hulk but Spider-man and superman are the best heroes.

#32 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10874 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter Parker

/thread

#33 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man, he doesn't have extreme powers and he's smart. not build a teleporter or cloning machine smart but still very smart and inventive and even when he's clearly outclassed he never gives up trying to take down an enemy and if he absolutely can't win against some villain he's not above calling for help from the avengers or fantastic 4 or x-men

#34 Edited by bob808 (6766 posts) - - Show Bio

The Shadow

#35 Posted by i_like_swords (13800 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher, Deadpool, Magneto, Thanos.. the list goes on...

#36 Posted by theviperrko (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man

#37 Edited by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America. My all time favorite hero.

Guess I just prefer him for the reasons that he does what the right for civil rights. He does the right for the people. It's been shown he'll go against the Government for the better of people and freedom. He embodies the quality of the hero, no matter who it's against. If the odds are against him, he'll rise up. If it's even to the point of guarnteed death, he'll go against it. Not to mention the struggles the character goes through, just from being taken out of his own time and put into a whole new generation of people and trying to fit into that society.

I know people will always say "Superman is the legend.". Well, I respectfully disagree with that.

#38 Posted by IronmanxD11 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man :D