Who is stronger in strength, Thor or Wonder Woman??

fangirl101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#801  Edited By fangirl101
@Godabed: NO. He didn't stomp them both. that is a lie. Period. He could do nothing to them. He had to threaten people's safety because he couldn't keep up with Wonder Woman. 
fangirl101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#802  Edited By fangirl101
@Hemlin: Did you really use Thor's hammer for a strength feat? You do know that any time he uses the hammer, that is NOT a strength feat, because the hammer adds striking power right. As to those hyperbolish feats you posted. I guess, now I gotta show you that WW has just as impressive feats. 
Wonder Woman took 5 kill shots from the angry Skyfather/Death God Hades, without falling. 
Wonder Woman took 5 kill shots from the angry Skyfather/Death God Hades, without falling. 
 WW takes a kill shot from the Shattered God, a being who was more powerful than every single god in the entire universe. 
 WW takes a kill shot from the Shattered God, a being who was more powerful than every single god in the entire universe. 
 Wonder Woman energy manipulates, and withstands the full power of Zeus. How powerful is Zeus? He killed the God of Space, repowered all the God's the Shattered God had captured, and he was the only God who actually staggered the Mighty Cronus. 
 Wonder Woman energy manipulates, and withstands the full power of Zeus. How powerful is Zeus? He killed the God of Space, repowered all the God's the Shattered God had captured, and he was the only God who actually staggered the Mighty Cronus. 
 Wonder Woman takes a direct scream from Silver Swan. How powerful is her scream? 
 Wonder Woman takes a direct scream from Silver Swan. How powerful is her scream? 
Powerful enough to obliterate Invisible tech. WW says it's as powerful as Zeus' Thunderbolt. How do we know this? Well...
Powerful enough to obliterate Invisible tech. WW says it's as powerful as Zeus' Thunderbolt. How do we know this? Well...
 The Invisible tech can withstand being inside the sun. Yet Silver Swan's scream obliterates it easily. Diana takes those screams all the time. 
 The Invisible tech can withstand being inside the sun. Yet Silver Swan's scream obliterates it easily. Diana takes those screams all the time. 
 The scan is clear. Wonder Woman batters Nekron, the guy from Blackest night. And takes the Brunts of his attacks. I know you know how powerful Nekron is. High end Abstract. 
 The scan is clear. Wonder Woman batters Nekron, the guy from Blackest night. And takes the Brunts of his attacks. I know you know how powerful Nekron is. High end Abstract. 
 This is a strength, and durability feat. Wonder Woman Redirects Destruction times infinity, as the scan says, buttressed by her Amazon Muscles, and then she withstands the blast point blank. I have lots more should you need more proof. Thor is NOT Stronger or more Durable than WW. They are dead even. Please let me know if you need more. 
 This is a strength, and durability feat. Wonder Woman Redirects Destruction times infinity, as the scan says, buttressed by her Amazon Muscles, and then she withstands the blast point blank. I have lots more should you need more proof. Thor is NOT Stronger or more Durable than WW. They are dead even. Please let me know if you need more. 
kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#803  Edited By kheranlord12

@the creator said:

Wonder Woman is stronger. Why ? Because I said so ;)

There has been a lot of misquotes in this thread about feats. Someone else can try to correct them.

As for the argument about lifting strength vs punching strength, its crap. Most comic book writers rate strength with punching power because it is a simple concept (without resorting to lots of science about speed of an object and the mass of said object). Yes taleneted fighters / martial artists hit harder than their base strength due to technique but characters hit in proportion to their strength. This is shown to be true by the reaction of one of the most popular characters - The Hulk. As he gets angrier, he grows in strength. As he gets stronger, he hits harder. It is not because he becomes a significantly better fighter or develops Judo moves, that then permit him to hit harder. He hits harder because he gets stronger. Likewise, as he gets stronger, he can lift more......... Writers at the most basic level associate strength with punching power.

Using Superman as an example. If he can withstand the impact of planets (between 2 as they collide) with only being KO'ed (with a concussion) or the force of a blast wave from a nuclear explosion described as a million nuclear bombs (at ground zero), again with a concussion, but be shown to be hurt by punches from beings of similar strength to himself (Bizarro, WW, Capt Marvel), then these beings, like himself, need to hit with the force / energy of a similar level to these massive impacts. This level of force only comes from being able to hit with the strength he displays in moving the giant weights he has been commonly shown to move.

Punching power is different then pure strength(maximum strength) think about powerlifting there couls be someone who has the strength to squat 800 pound but there might be weak when it comes to bench press. There are different types of strength such has pulling, pushing and explosive. Punching power comes from explosive power it does not comes from maximum strength.

max4523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#804  Edited By max4523

thor matches herc in strength time after time. well...wonder woman has the strength of gaea, the eath itsel. and....she is said to b stronger than hercules. in the avengers vs the justice league crossover sum yrs back, diana bested hercules in asgard, in front of the asgardians. she would do the same 2 thor. mayb not as easily, but she would get him 8 times out of 10.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805  Edited By VenomousDragon

why all the unrelated scans?

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ww

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#807  Edited By justleader

thor

Thorcules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#808  Edited By Thorcules

Yeah I don't get how Thor loses to hulk.

Thorcules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809  Edited By Thorcules

@WillPayton: LOL my cat is heavy I died.

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810  Edited By sommyt

@pooty: dude Thor pushed the world wngine against his will ...the world engine connects the 9realms earth is like a fruit on 1 off it branches ..Thor picked up the odinsword a sword soo enormous its weight could not be calculated by odin ..Odin is the god of wisdom then he hurls the sword through a celestial. .....

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811  Edited By GypRosetti

Thor pushed the World Engine against the weight of the Yggdrasil which is attached to 9 realms one of which is Earth. Thor is moving 9 planets not 1/3 of one. That trumps any of Wonder Woman's strength feats and trumps Superman's lifting the weight of Earth for 5 days feat.

No Caption Provided
Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#812  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Physically? Debatable.

In an overall fight, Thor wins.

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Thor to be stronger, but just by a bit. Both are capable of defeating each other. I think Thor is stronger because he has some crazy feats too such as closing a rip in reality with Hercules using their bare fists, moving a planet out of orbit just by arm wrestling, defeating glory, a skyfather lvl alien god and 3 shotting gladiator.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#816  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

I believe Thor to be stronger, but just by a bit. Both are capable of defeating each other. I think Thor is stronger because he has some crazy feats too such as closing a rip in reality with Hercules using their bare fists, moving a planet out of orbit just by arm wrestling, defeating glory, a skyfather lvl alien god and 3 shotting gladiator.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Thor wear a belt of strength, which doubles his strength and durability? If that's so then wouldn't he be naturally weaker than Wonder Woman without it?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is much stronger.

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epicbeast3000 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Thor wear a belt of strength, which doubles his strength and durability? If that's so then wouldn't he be naturally weaker than Wonder Woman without it?

He has a belt of strength that doubles his strength, but it's not something he wears normally. It's something he puts on when he knows he has to fight someone that's generally above his normal strength level, like say Kurse.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Even though I can think of reasons why his top strength feats such as the Midgard Serpent and the World Engine can be discredited, Thor is probably physically stronger than Wonder Woman.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Even though I can think of reasons why his top strength feats such as the Midgard Serpent and the World Engine can be discredited, Thor is probably physically stronger than Wonder Woman.

Schmalzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hemlin said:

@vuviper: As Rune King Thor, he was able to hold raging Mangog with 1 hand effortlessly like a chicken; this prove that he is many times stronger than Mangog. Mangog was a creature whom's strength was stronger than the original Thor, The original Thor has demonstrated the ability to overpower the Midgard Serpent's strength, the Serpent's strength was able to crush in its grip earth and possibly pull a dozen planets. Rune King Thor would have the strength 100X stronger than Mangog if he was able to hold him with 1 hand like he was holding a baby chicken.

This is where people might think WW is close to Thor, which Thor, I for one don't think WW is close to Thor, Thor even in older comics is holding back in most fights (while Diana isn't known for that) and he still shows great strength feats. If he was to let loose and purely just use all his strength it wouldn't be close as he did by lifting the Midgard Serpent.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I thought fangirl101 made some real good points. Must have, no one bothered to reply to them! Not saying WW is stronger than Thor, but in my few years at CV, I do think she may be the most under-rated (in terms of her power) in the combined Marvel/DCU. Guess that's her own fault for not having a title that consistently sells. Hard for many to accurately gauge her power when they don't read the book.

Avatar image for khan_noonien_singh
Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is full of anger.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor.

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor but WW is right there

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always put Thor above WW but below Superman in strength.

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't plan on arguing my case but it always seemed like Wonder Woman was stronger than Thor based on regular feats.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I don't plan on arguing my case but it always seemed like Wonder Woman was stronger than Thor based on regular feats.

This i think wonder Woman is stronger

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULK IS THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#833  Edited By PowerHerc

Thor is stronger than Wonder Woman.

Khan_Noonien_Singh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman>>Thor

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#836  Edited By VoodooPenguin

Thor.
He once threw Galactus into the sun ;D

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dondave said:

@lvenger said:

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evil_incarnate said:

@epicbeast3000 said:

He has a belt of strength that doubles his strength, but it's not something he wears normally. It's something he puts on when he knows he has to fight someone that's generally above his normal strength level, like say Kurse.

Can you produce evidence of this? It was to my knowledge that it was part of his normal gear.

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#839  Edited By AverageInsanity

If you read through this thread it's pretty obvious that wonder woman's stronger.

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#841  Edited By RetconCrisis

Thor.

Also, why are people posting durability scans? :P

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moonchilde said:

@evil_incarnate said:

@epicbeast3000 said:

Can you produce evidence of this? It was to my knowledge that it was part of his normal gear.

Scan from Thor #363. Note Thor's thought bubble in the first panel. "Thor's Belt of Strength, which I have seldom used, shall aid me in this hour of need."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thor with godblast will destroy wonder woman to dust

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor.

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you read through this thread it's pretty obvious that wonder woman's stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikachumonster: I question how? What feats does she have to match lifting the midgard serpent (said to weight as much as the earth), holding a moon together with his bare hands, supporting the the weight of twenty planets at once, overpowering the hulk, and accidently sending a planet off of its orbit slightly while arm wrestling someone? The best feat from WW I've seen is her pulling 1/3 of the earth but the midgard serpent feat is above that, and that's only one feat. Thor also pushed the world engine by himself to reverse Yggdrasil, the tree that holds earth and 8 other realms. Not to mention that Thor is literally the God of strength.

Superguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hemlin: this is late I know,wonder woman has admitted more than once she is not in Superman's league.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor easily.