#1 Posted by everyman1 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Jerry because he's smarter.

#2 Posted by Agha1 (116 posts) - - Show Bio

me too be@everyman1 said:

I prefer Jerry because he's smarter.

me too for the same reason.

#3 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerry.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Jerry outsmarts Tom in every single episode, obviously he's the smart one.

Moderator
#5 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerry has been able to evade Tom thus far, sure, but how is that in competition with Tom being able to somehow evade Death's icy fingers after "physically" dying in almost every episode.

Jerry outsmarts housecats with clever pun names, Tom outsmarts forces of nature. Bada bing, bada boom.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

@FalconPuuunch said:

Jerry has been able to evade Tom thus far, sure, but how is that in competition with Tom being able to somehow evade Death's icy fingers after "physically" dying in almost every episode.

Jerry outsmarts housecats with clever pun names, Tom outsmarts forces of nature. Bada bing, bada boom.

He died in one episode, though. Episode ended with him getting his head chopped off off screen.

Moderator
#7 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerry is smarter but he's also an asshole. Think about it, most of the time Tom is chasing Jerry because his human owners are threatening to toss him out or quit feeding him if he doesn't catch Jerry while Jerry intentionally antagonizes him. Basically Tom is usually trying to avoid horrible consequences from crappy people while Jerry does what ever the hell he wants and gets a pass for being cute.

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Jerry is smarter but he's also an asshole. Think about it, most of the time Tom is chasing Jerry because his human owners are threatening to toss him out or quit feeding him if he doesn't catch Jerry while Jerry intentionally antagonizes him. Basically Tom is usually trying to avoid horrible consequences from crappy people while Jerry does what ever the hell he wants and gets a pass for being cute.

I always assumed it was quite obvious that Jerry was the villain.

And in the dark depressing world of cartoons, the villain always wins.

#9 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Jerry has been able to evade Tom thus far, sure, but how is that in competition with Tom being able to somehow evade Death's icy fingers after "physically" dying in almost every episode.

Jerry outsmarts housecats with clever pun names, Tom outsmarts forces of nature. Bada bing, bada boom.

He died in one episode, though. Episode ended with him getting his head chopped off off screen.

Damn, that's pretty violent, even for Tom and Jerry.

#10 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerry is much smarter and cooler, but Tom is more sympathetic.

#11 Edited by The Stegman (24374 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

Jerry is smarter but he's also an asshole. Think about it, most of the time Tom is chasing Jerry because his human owners are threatening to toss him out or quit feeding him if he doesn't catch Jerry while Jerry intentionally antagonizes him. Basically Tom is usually trying to avoid horrible consequences from crappy people while Jerry does what ever the hell he wants and gets a pass for being cute.

This. I always wanted Tom to win. Same goes for Sylvester and Tweety, That yellow bird was a douchebag who would pick on Sylvester for no reason sometimes. 
 
Also, the show "Itchy and Scratchy" on The Simpsons openly mocks Jerry's cruelty. The "Jerry" character, Itchy, is the one that's always picking fights with Scratchy, and causing him bodily harm.
#12 Posted by jhazzroucher (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

Jerry but I want Tom to win as often as Jerry wins

#13 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 said:

@JediXMan said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Jerry has been able to evade Tom thus far, sure, but how is that in competition with Tom being able to somehow evade Death's icy fingers after "physically" dying in almost every episode.

Jerry outsmarts housecats with clever pun names, Tom outsmarts forces of nature. Bada bing, bada boom.

He died in one episode, though. Episode ended with him getting his head chopped off off screen.

Damn, that's pretty violent, even for Tom and Jerry.

6:40

Moderator
#14 Posted by BumpyBoo (9242 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@FalconPuuunch said:

Jerry has been able to evade Tom thus far, sure, but how is that in competition with Tom being able to somehow evade Death's icy fingers after "physically" dying in almost every episode.

Jerry outsmarts housecats with clever pun names, Tom outsmarts forces of nature. Bada bing, bada boom.

He died in one episode, though. Episode ended with him getting his head chopped off off screen.

I saw one where he died and went to hell. He goes to heaven first, and you see this little sack dripping wet with water, and these little drowned kittens jump out of it and go in through the pearly gates.

Thought that was pretty dark too. Here it is:

Moderator
#15 Posted by enchantlee (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom. Because he knows that if it actually kills Jerry, he'll have nobody to chase around.

#16 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo:

Tom and Jerry had quite a few dark moments.

Moderator
#17 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Tom and Jerry is pretty dark all things considered.

#18 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: @BumpyBoo: These are so f*cked up lol

#19 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

... Well, this took a dark turn rather quickly.

#20 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29500 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys know there's an episode where Tom and Jerry both commit suicide at the end, right?

#21 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

You guys know there's an episode where Tom and Jerry both commit suicide at the end, right?

Yup. That's another dark moment.

Moderator
#22 Posted by JediXMan (30602 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the suicide episode. I just saw it for the first time in awhile, and I realized something: Jerry narrates the entire episode. I find that rather interesting.

Moderator
#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5884 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Jerry is a bit smarter since he outsmarts Tom in every episode, although there were a couple of episodes where Tom and Jerry have to work together to defeat a bigger bully.

#24 Posted by Wolfrazer (6704 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh...the good old cartoons, where they weren't afraid of showing dark moments and the like in just about every show they put on TV.

Online