#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the marvel universe does earth have a champion ? In DC earths champion is Superman so what about marvel ?

#2 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds like a question aliens ask when they arrive on earth for the first time in a comic book.

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@impossibilly darn it your on to me :P

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#5 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Thats a great question, It could be Thor, Hulk ,Spiderman,or Ironfist, it depends on the situation.

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 Thor maybe the rest not so much maybe earths champion is captain America since what is said in hickmans avengers issue 1

#7 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@impossibilly darn it your on to me :P

Put your hands and any other weird extensions you may have where they can be seen, alien.

#8 Posted by Wolfrazer (7198 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules....or well, if you were meaning throughout history.

#9 Posted by mhanuroth (208 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing with thor is that he is the champion of asgard so he can t be from earth

#10 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Teerack (7088 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the idea of a god like Thor or Herc being our champion. I'd rather it be a HUMAN power house like Hulk or Captain Marvel or something. Even an alien like Hyperion would be better because gods just don't seem like they should be our champion.

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack I think our champion would proberly be captain America. Or thor but most likely cap Mercia

#13 Edited by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who is asking and what is situation,can be Thor,Hulk or Cap,but when the Skrulls come knocking I think people will choose the first too.Also some people may not like that Captain America is Earth's Champion.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

I don't like the idea of a god like Thor or Herc being our champion. I'd rather it be a HUMAN power house like Hulk or Captain Marvel or something. Even an alien like Hyperion would be better because gods just don't seem like they should be our champion.

Hercules and Thor are gods but they are both of Earth, too.

Hercules was born to a mortal human mother and Thor's mother is the elder Earth Goddess Gaea.

#15 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Planet.

#16 Posted by JonSmith (4001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Hercules and Thor are both relics of a bygone era. Gods of an age that prided itself on power and might. They were worshiped for their powers in those areas, and even today some still do. In short, they're warriors by nature, who pride themselves on being among the best in their abilities, protecting the innocent, and adhering to their honor. All traits that are relatively unheard of in today's world. I don't know about you, but those sound EXACTLY like the kinds of people I'd want as a Champion of Earth. Comparatively, Hulk is normally a rampaging beast, feared and hated. The Marvels tend to be aliens or alien related, not exactly what one would look for in Earth's Champion. Hyperion I don't know enough about to make a judgement.

#17 Edited by Teerack (7088 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: @JonSmith: I still feel like our champions should be not gods, because look at things like Fear It's Self. Human champions save the people of earth because the gods had their own shit to deal with in the conflict. And before you guys say Thor killed the serpent, all of his generals where the ones destroying earth and the humans fought them. I think Herc has the best example of this where Herc is currently human and his dad tells him he can be a god again, but he can't help earth it's their own fight, so he tells his dad he will stay human.

#18 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

In Marvel, Earth has alot of champions. They are not as self centered as DC comics (""Icons""")

However... Marvel does have a sole Protector of the Multiverse; And that title goes to the Sorcerer Supreme.

Dr. Strange

#19 Posted by Teerack (7088 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: That's a good call.

#20 Posted by PowerHerc (85105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@PowerHerc: @JonSmith: I still feel like our champions should be not gods, because look at things like Fear It's Self. Human champions save the people of earth because the gods had their own shit to deal with in the conflict. And before you guys say Thor killed the serpent, all of his generals where the ones destroying earth and the humans fought them. I think Herc has the best example of this where Herc is currently human and his dad tells him he can be a god again, but he can't help earth it's their own fight, so he tells his dad he will stay human.

And their own realms to protect, too. I get your meaning.

#21 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc do think Captain America would be a good champion for earth ? Even though he has America in his name he would fight for any country as hard as he does for America.

#22 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

the pagan gods of the past were kinda the champions of ancient civilizations, so why not the most powerful hero god around Earth as Earth's protector? i mean isn't that kinda what he said he would do? protect the Earth?

it makes senses. actually in my head it makes more sense a god to be a champion of a planet than an alien. although both are okay and make sense in my head, i just think gods make more sense (pagan/cultural gods)

#23 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

In Marvel, Earth has alot of champions. They are not as self centered as DC comics (""Icons""")

However... Marvel does have a sole Protector of the Multiverse; And that title goes to the Sorcerer Supreme.

Dr. Strange

That's a good call.

Thanks

#24 Posted by Darth Paul (273 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Dr. Strange

That's a good call.

Thanks

I agree, my first thought was Dr. Strange.
#25 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: After 4 mounths and 20 days to think of an awesome alien response I wil respond in my native rouge. glorbqkmalip xy.

#26 Posted by Z3RO180 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: In avengers 1 Ex Nilo calls Cap earths champion. What do think about that ?