#1 Posted by krspaceT (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

The two arguably top writers of the Big 2, get a lot of flack. But the question is...who writes better stories? Who deserves his flack the least? Who would you invite over to your house to eat fried chicken?

Please do avoid bashing them both.

#2 Posted by Squalleon (4644 posts) - - Show Bio

.....It's a difficult question both of them are the main money makers of their respective companies. I will go with Johns only because i have enjoyed his works more than Bendis and his quality is more consistent.

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Liked the stuff I've read from Bendis more but I've read a lot more of it and a lot less of his bad stuff.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (31029 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns.

#5 Posted by Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray (745 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Geoff Johns.

#6 Posted by Raw_Material (3298 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely would want Geoff to come over, have some fried chicken and sign some of my favorite comics written by him for future references..$$$

#7 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns.

#8 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff. He's a great guy and a talented writer.

#9 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Harsh question. Both are obviously two of the worst writers and human beings alive today, but Geoff at least has some decent stories before he lost his damn mind. 

So, Johns.

#10 Posted by impossibilly (892 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more of a Geoff Johns fan, but YMMV.

#11 Posted by Cap10nate (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns wrote one of my favorite Avengers stories with Red Zone, and I really enjoyed Bendis' first volume of New Avengers and some of his other Avengers work. I have read much more Bendis than Johns as I only read a the first 10 or twelve issues of GL and JL. Based on what I read, I would have to say that I prefer Bendis over Johns.

#12 Posted by krspaceT (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

8 Johns to 2 Bendis

#13 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes more sense than the Geoff Johns or Stan Lee thread. Too difficult for me to say. Both Johns and Bendis have had their highs and lows. Ask me again after Trinity War and Age of Ultron is over. Both events are going head-to-head this year.

#14 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Markus_Langbourn said:

Harsh question. Both are obviously two of the worst writers and human beings alive today, but Geoff at least has some decent stories before he lost his damn mind. So, Johns.
#15 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22317 posts) - - Show Bio

I not an expert on either but I like ultimate spiderman 1-13 and all new Xmen 1-5 better than new 52 justice league. But the green lanterns events are awesome I've read blackest night, brightest day, war of the green lanterns, andost of the new 52 stuff. I haven't had the chance to read sinestro corps war though. Infinite crisis was pretty cool too.

#17 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns. The only thing Bendis had going for him was Daredevil.

#18 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it's definitely a tough question because both of them have suffered from oversaturation. On one hand, both have written some really great stories and definitive comics in the past few years (see: Daredevil and USM for Bendis and Sinestro Corps War and Action Comics for Johns). Then there's the truly atrocious nonsense, too (see: Anything Avengers-related by Bendis and Justice League by Johns).

And because of their oversaturation, their writing ticks have become so familiar to readers that we've become annoyed by them. Geoff Johns has his whole traditional superhero thing, some easy internal conflict - usually a family member or a dark past et cetera - big superhero 'hell yeah' moments and the occasional gratuitous violence. Then Bendis has his infinite number of speech balloons, decompressed write-for-the-trade pacing and too-cute dialogue.

I'll probably go with Johns, since his writing ticks are a hell of a lot less annoying than Bendis'. At least Johns' worst stuff reads like a dumb blockbuster movie. Bendis' worst reads like he doesn't care what he puts to paper, so as long as it fulfills his contractual obligations.

Looking forward to both Trinity War & Age of Ultron though!

#19 Posted by kingsloth (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns no contest

#20 Posted by krspaceT (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

Twelve to Two for Bendis

#21 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns. He's the reason why I've grown to love the Lantern Corps.

#22 Posted by The Stegman (25166 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

Geoff. He's a great guy and a talented writer.

#23 Posted by tensor (4707 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis has yet to impress me with his work.Johns on the other hand has done that.

#24 Posted by krspaceT (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

15 to 2. Bendis is utterly despised

#25 Posted by TheCannon (19041 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis is a great writer (Ultimate Spider-Man solos), but Geoff Johns is just better.

#26 Posted by SoA (4975 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing i got against geoff johns is making billy batson a jerk , im still mad at bendis for what he did to thanos in avengers assemble

#27 Posted by Razero (336 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Ultimate Spider-man and all but all of John's Green Lantern stuff is better.

I don't like the way he writes Batman though.

#28 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

Geoff Johns, He breathed life into a previously dead franchise and made it one one of DC's most popular. He also made Superman comics readable again and had a good run on the flash.

#29 Posted by New_World_Order (13326 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Johns.

#30 Posted by entropy_aegis (15456 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veshark said:

Yeah, it's definitely a tough question because both of them have suffered from oversaturation. On one hand, both have written some really great stories and definitive comics in the past few years (see: Daredevil and USM for Bendis and Sinestro Corps War and Action Comics for Johns). Then there's the truly atrocious nonsense, too (see: Anything Avengers-related by Bendis and Justice League by Johns).

And because of their oversaturation, their writing ticks have become so familiar to readers that we've become annoyed by them. Geoff Johns has his whole traditional superhero thing, some easy internal conflict - usually a family member or a dark past et cetera - big superhero 'hell yeah' moments and the occasional gratuitous violence. Then Bendis has his infinite number of speech balloons, decompressed write-for-the-trade pacing and too-cute dialogue.

I'll probably go with Johns, since his writing ticks are a hell of a lot less annoying than Bendis'. At least Johns' worst stuff reads like a dumb blockbuster movie. Bendis' worst reads like he doesn't care what he puts to paper, so as long as it fulfills his contractual obligations.

Looking forward to both Trinity War & Age of Ultron though!

This.

#31 Edited by krspaceT (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

21 to 2, Dc rules