• 116 results
#1 Edited by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

Who in Marvel can beat a bloodlusted Martian Manhunter?

Marvel characters:

-can also be bloodlusted

-standard forms (no amped, or otherwise special versions)

-below Galactus level

Battle on Earth, starting 100m apart, no prep, no PIS or WIS. Who can take him?

#2 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if bloodlusted, and in no particular order:

Silver Surfer

Odin

NovaPrime (maybe)

Quasar (maybe)

Magneto (if he has prep to get his shields up)

Phoenix Cyclops (I haven't read the series, but people keep saying he's pretty potent so I'll put him here I guess)

Sentry with Void in control

Morg

Doctor Doom (with prep)

Atum

Zeus

New Sun

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Thanos

The Runner

Tyrant

Classic Strange

Wolverine and/or Black Panther (With full PIS and WIS enabled of course)

and probably others...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#3 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see how Magneto can win (at all) against MMH, shields up or no shields up. MMH would just phase through them and kill Mags.

Also, no PIS or WIS allowed.

#4 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Many people you listed above [Nova Prime, Magneto, Sentry, Atum, Wolverina nd Black panther lol that was a good one :p] dont actually have answer to Martian Manhunter's intangibility so beating him would be extremely hard i would think.

#5 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Floopay: Many people you listed above [Nova Prime, Magneto, Sentry, Atum, Wolverina nd Black panther lol that was a good one :p] dont actually have answer to Martian Manhunter's intangibility so beating him would be extremely hard i would think.

@WillPayton:

Yeah, I put some maybes in there, and only marked a couple. Magneto I think has a better chance than you think. I mean the guy does damage on a subatomic scale.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@Killemall said:

@WillPayton:

Yeah, I put some maybes in there, and only marked a couple. Magneto I think has a better chance than you think. I mean the guy does damage on a subatomic scale.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Has Mags ever directly damaged someone with the durability of MMH? Not sure it matters though, once MMH goes intangible I dont think Mags power would have any effect.

#7 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Magneto has had problem with people's durability in the past, Martian Manhunter for one is pretty durable. The question i think begs to be asked is, can he do so to someone who has molecule manipulation himself (after all he's a shapeshifter, but Magneto did affect Apocalypse so meh!) and can he affect something that can go intangible.

#8 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

Vision and Colossus are the first two to come to mind, he went h2h with Colossus and just thew Vision around after their short yelling match.

I think he affected Mjonlir with his abilities, and has also affected the entire planet and all it's electrical devices with his power.

I think he also took on the Fantastic Four at one point as well. I gotta look up the issue.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#9 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Floopay: Magneto has had problem with people's durability in the past, Martian Manhunter for one is pretty durable. The question i think begs to be asked is, can he do so to someone who has molecule manipulation himself (after all he's a shapeshifter, but Magneto did affect Apocalypse so meh!) and can he affect something that can go intangible.

I think Mags could do it personally. But it's been awhile since I've read him. I'd give it to him about 5/10 as of now, but you are right, MM might be too much for him. But even then it's a tough call.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#10 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (24776 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.....

Who Can Beat _____? - These are not battles and should be placed in that characters forum from this point forward. If they aren't and a mod notices, they'll be moved.

-taken from What Is And What's Isn't A Battle

#11 Posted by robertloucksjr (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

Others:

Loki or Karnilla with time to put up shields.

Count Nefaria (Vision is not intangible to Ionic beings maybe the Martian is not either).

Thor/Beta Ray Bill - Mjolnir has hit Vision while intangible

Trion Juggernaut

Black Bolt maybe.

#12 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@robertloucksjr said:

Others:

Count Nefaria (Vision is not intangible to Ionic beings maybe the Martian is not either).

Trion Juggernaut

Black Bolt maybe.

Thor/BRB/Black Bolt are not winning against MMH.

#13 Posted by Owie (3734 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela or Grandmaster could at least stalemate, with enough prep to protect against speedblitz.

#14 Posted by PlasticBag (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@robertloucksjr said:

Others:

Trion Juggernaut

Black Bolt maybe.

Thor/BRB/Black Bolt are not winning against MMH.

I agree they are not beating MMH. I think any skyfather level character would be able to beat him. Classic Strange isn't he above Galactus?

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Loki
  2. The Runner
  3. Thanos
  4. Quasar
  5. Silver Surfer
  6. Stardust
  7. Designate ( Thor Girl, before depowerment )
  8. Classic Thor
  9. Mangog
  10. Hela
  11. Pluto
#16 Posted by pooty (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon

@Killemall: any feats for Contemplator (Elder of The Universe)

#17 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Photon

@Killemall: any feats for Contemplator (Elder of The Universe)

Yeah he made Reptly angry and eaten alive :p sounds like a feat?? :p well he was still floating soul less.

I dont think contemplator has much feats to go by from what i have seen, not really big on those characters honestly.

#18 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer (bloodlusted)

Thanos

Juggernaut (classic)

Dr. Strange (classic)

Sentry (if possessed by Void)

Photon

Genis-Vell

Zeus

Odin

Thor (Odin Force)

Tyrant

Molecule Man (retconned)

Moondragon (with Mind Gem)

Any members of the Phoenix 5

Most of the Elder of the Universe

#19 Posted by X_insignia1 (1393 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaman X-Man

in addition to the other names listed, excluding mags

#20 Posted by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine

trolls 4 l1f3

#21 Posted by chriconz123 (582 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@Killemall said:

I think Mags could do it personally. But it's been awhile since I've read him. I'd give it to him about 5/10 as of now, but you are right, MM might be too much for him. But even then it's a tough call.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

It's not a tough call. Mags doesn't have any answer to Jonn's speed and reaction time, taking off that helmet or landing a punch isn't going to be any easier.

#22 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

It's not a tough call. Mags doesn't have any answer to Jonn's speed and reaction time, taking off that helmet or landing a punch isn't going to be any easier.

I think he is saying it would be still a tough call for Mag to beat John even if John choose not to do anything.

He's [Martian Manhunter] obvious strong enough to rip him [Magneto] in half, or just rip out his heart if need be.

#23 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Silver Surfer

Odin

NovaPrime (maybe)

Quasar (maybe)

Phoenix Cyclops (I haven't read the series, but people keep saying he's pretty potent so I'll put him here I guess)

Morg

Doctor Doom (with prep)

Atum

Zeus

New Sun

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Thanos

The Runner

Tyrant

Classic Strange

and probably others...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Out of this huge list, How was the "Human Torch" not listed lol

#24 Posted by Immortal777 (7579 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with standard equipment (i.e. IG)

#25 Posted by laflux (15888 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty much any version of Thanos, especially current

Odin

Classic Dr Strange

RKT

Any of the Celestials

Tyrant (Full Power or Not)

In-Betweener

Possibly Morg in WOL

Bor (Odin's Father)

Current Silver Surfer

Mesphito

Zeus

Zuras

Thor and BRB if they don't fight H2H and use their magical abilities from the get go

Neptune (He is vastly underrated and has created a whole dimension from a drop of water). I say he's ahead of Pluto and just behind Zeus

Pluto

Son of Satan, if he's in his realm

Satanish, if he's in his realm

Maybe Classic Drax

Gaea

and some more as well..........................................

#26 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

The Fury

Morg (WoL)

The Possessor

Ego

The Stranger

#27 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@chriconz123 said:

@Floopay said:

@Killemall said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

If you read my original statement, I said he only had a chance if he prep time to get his shields up.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#28 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@TitanTempest:

There were a lot of people unincluded in that list. Annihilus with his Cosmic Rod, Classic/8th Day/Trion Juggernaut (only if BFR is disabled), Legion, bloodlusted Iceman (unless he's susceptible to TP, not sure on that point tbh), etc.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#29 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

Thanos with standard equipment (i.e. IG)

Thanos w/ IG is much higher than Galactus in power.

#30 Posted by Mashterpiece (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Toad

Spike

Mr popo

Blastiod

Captain planet

#31 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer,Gladiator, Thanos, Mangog, and anyone wearing the Destroyer armor for starters...

#32 Posted by demifiendninja (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall said:

this
#33 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

Silver Surfer,Gladiator, Thanos, Mangog, and anyone wearing the Destroyer armor for starters...

Gladiator??? Bloodlusted MMH would destroy Gladiator so fast it wouldnt even be funny.

#34 Posted by fluffypigeons (258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Silver Surfer

Odin

NovaPrime (maybe)

Quasar (maybe)

Morg

Doctor Doom (with prep)

Atum

Zeus

New Sun

Earth-X Absorbing Man

Thanos

The Runner

Tyrant

Classic Strange

and probably others...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

hahaha yeah this but I would only say Odin

#35 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Gladiator??? Bloodlusted MMH would destroy Gladiator so fast it wouldnt even be funny.

May I ask why think that way? Gladiator has displayed both FTL reflexes and combat reaction speed. When has MM shown he is fast enough to keep up with Kallark?

#36 Posted by demifiendninja (299 posts) - - Show Bio

onslaught

#37 Posted by KingAres109 (1259 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude you should've put below Sky-Father level.We all know Odin and Zeus can stomp.!

#38 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

May I ask why think that way? Gladiator has displayed both FTL reflexes and combat reaction speed. When has MM shown he is fast enough to keep up with Kallark?

Gladiator at best is around Superman's level. Even non-bloodlusted MMH would destroy Superman and likely the rest of the JLA. Bloodlusted MMH casually kills White Martians like they were nothing.

@KingAres109 said:

Dude you should've put below Sky-Father level.We all know Odin and Zeus can stomp.!

Yeah you're right.

#39 Posted by KingAres109 (1259 posts) - - Show Bio

So,is this still below galcatus level??Because its a stomp unless otherwise....

#40 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: "....is around Superman's level....". Or thereabouts?

Do you have scans?

Above, Gladiator displays nanosecond combat reaction time.

Above, Gladiator tops light speed by 100x.

#41 Edited by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

Do you have scans?

Scans of what?

Also, not a race. Whether he can travel at 100x speed of light is irrelevant.

#42 Posted by crabtree (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone who can start a fire.

#43 Edited by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Do you have scans?

Scans of what?

The statement was made that Gladiator could not beat Martian Manhunter because he was around Supeman's level of speed. What scans are there to show that Superman is faster than Gladiator? Speed has a lot to do with it. If Gladiator can beat Martian Manhunter to the punch, MM loses.

#44 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Zarathos.

Thor(Classic)

Doctor Strange(Classic)

Silver Surfer(current)

Thanos

Nova Prime

Gladiator

Quasar(maybe)

Sentry(Void in possession)

Doctor Doom(Prep)

Mr. Fantastic(Prep)

Iron Man(Prep)

Odin(Bloodlusted) is a stomp.

There is probably more.

#45 Posted by DC_Comics_Fan (45 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Human Torch(hahaha sorry just had to), but if he has overcome his mental issues with fire I would say it would be very hard to beat Martian Manhunter,he is one of DC's most powerful and in my opinion the most Powerful in the Justice League.Hes virtually invulnerable and has a healing factor and is a telepath !he even regrew his body from just his head! he can read minds,Sorry but I really doubt There's much Marvel Superheroes can do to him even most of DC Superheroes will have a very hard time,MM is extremely powerful.What makes it worse for his enemy's is he is blood lusted and wont hold back,Yikes! good luck defeating him now.

#46 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Do you have scans?

Scans of what?

The statement was made that Gladiator could not beat Martian Manhunter because he was around Supeman's level of speed. What scans are there to show that Superman is faster than Gladiator? Speed has a lot to do with it. If Gladiator can beat Martian Manhunter to the punch, MM loses.

The statement was not made that Gladiator could not beat MMH because he was around Superman's level of speed.

My point is that combat speed is what matters in a fight, not travel speed. Saying that Gladiator is 100x light speed while traveling through space is irrelevant.

I dont have any scans of MMHs speed. But I do have this scan:

The Martian would wreck Gladiator and Glads has no way to stop it. He'll be crying on the floor like a little girl before it's over.

#47 Posted by DC_Comics_Fan (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton: I like that Scan and I would say Martian Man hunter would beat Supes but that's for another thread,people just don't realize how powerful MM is.

#48 Posted by WillPayton (9443 posts) - - Show Bio

@DC_Comics_Fan said:

@WillPayton: I like that Scan and I would say Martian Man hunter would beat Supes but that's for another thread,people just don't realize how powerful MM is.

Yup. I think the problem is that he rarely opens up. He's just so powerful that he never really has to do much to beat people except go intangible and mess with their head a little, but he never really has to use his full speed or strength. Seriously, Superman is afraid of him... that should say everything right there.

#49 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Do you have scans?

Scans of what?

The statement was not made that Gladiator could not beat MMH because he was around Superman's level of speed.

My point is that combat speed is what matters in a fight, not travel speed. Saying that Gladiator is 100x light speed while traveling through space is irrelevant.

The Martian would wreck Gladiator and Glads has no way to stop it. He'll be crying on the floor like a little girl before it's over.

Based on what? Show me that Martian Manhunter has greater than nano second combat speed. Hey, I think MM is one of the most, if the most, underrated characters in DC. But MM can't do anything to someone who is too fast for even him to react to.

#50 Posted by demifiendninja (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Malevolent1 said:

Do you have scans?

Scans of what?