Who I think "Val" from Earth 2 is.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By kidchipotle

CAUTION: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS IF YOU'RE NOT CAUGHT UP ON EARTH 2.

So I've been thinking this over, trying to figure out who Val from Earth 2 could be. Obviously we know he is a Kryptonian and it should be noted there has been a Kryptonian or two from the past known as "Val-something" who were evil. Given Tom Taylors approach on this series to introduce new characters (Looking at you Aquawoman) as well as characters we're already familiar with but have a new twist (Now I'm looking at you Red Lois Lane Tornado…and Jimmy Olsen…and Batman…and Superman…and Fury…AND you Red Arrow!) so I'm thinking Val could be a mix of both cases. Val, a completely new character, is inevitably going to become the Superman of Earth 2, or so we're lead to believe. However, I think Tom Taylor is going bring another twist to the series and instead of this being a black Kryptonian that will be go by the name of Superman, it's going to be a completely rebooted…Icon. GASP! What led me to this conclusion was the recent discovery of Red Arrows secret identity. Originally believed to be a cheap amalgam of Oliver Queen and Roy Harper dubbed Roy McQueen, we now find out that was merely an alias and it's actually Connor Hawke. Yeah, the awesome son of New Earth Post-Crisis Oliver Queen and Sandra "Moonday" Hawke. I bring this up because Oliver is on Prime-Earth, which means technically Oliver can't be on Earth 2 (since DC wants to keep the super powered folk separated with exception of Trinity) so Connor's history, as of now, is completely different. But hey, at least we have Connor, right? And that's where I think DC is going to take this new route. Hey, you have Icon now, right? Be happy! What also leads me to believe this is that Val stated in this week issue there were four pods that left Krypton before the planet exploded. So…Kal-L, Kara Zor-L, Val, and…who? My guess? Long time partner… Rocket. I believe this is the route DC will now be taking these former Milestone characters. I could be completely wrong or I could be totally on the dot, who knows, only time will tell.

That's the end of my rant and that's who I think Val is and what will come of Earth 2.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rubear

Hmm, i thought and heard about that. Very probable.

I have also grave suspicion about new Rocket name. Something about Vara.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Icon huh? Wouldn't be my first choice unless we got a earth-1 Icon as well.

Also, the spoiler tags aren't necessary for a guess.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fodigg: Lol, the spoiler tag is more for increased mystery rather than spoilers :P

@rubear said:

Hmm, i thought and heard about that. Very probable.

I have also grave suspition about new Rocket name. Something about Vara.

Where did you hear about this new name?

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Rubear

@arturocalakayvee said:

@rubear said:

////

Where did you hear about this new name?

Nowhere, its just my suspicions, heh. Kal-Val, Kara-....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

@rubear: Ah okay! I see what you mean now. I guess we'll just have to see how this unfolds!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@arturocalakayvee: I believe that Aquawoman might be the new 52 version of Lorena Marquez and/or Lisa Morel

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

@avenging_x_bolt: Oh wow, I didn't even think it could have been Lorena! That would be crazy. I presume this woman is going to be the mother of a new aqualad, aka Jackson Hyde (which would change his origin up quite a bit though)

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Oh wow, I didn't even think it could have been Lorena! That would be crazy. I presume this woman is going to be the mother of a new aqualad, aka Jackson Hyde (which would change his origin up quite a bit though)

well, Aqualad is rumored to be showing up in a new Young Justice book and i have no idea why they would just send him to earth-2. so i seriously doubt she's Jackson's mother but i could be wrong.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

well, Aqualad is rumored to be showing up in a new Young Justice book and i have no idea why they would just send him to earth-2. so i seriously doubt she's Jackson's mother but i could be wrong.

It seems like they're trying to split up New Earth characters between Earth-Prime and Earth 2, obvious reasons is that JSA are now on Earth 2 away from Earth-Prime along with the addition of Connor Hawke -randomly- which leads me to believe you could very well be right about Lorena as well as my suspicion towards Jackson. But I've heard about the Aqualad rumors too in Young Justice, was it ever stated which lad it would be?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@arturocalakayvee:

No. It's generally assumed to be Jackson because of his recent popularity. I believe that Garth had previously been mentioned as Tempest in the Aquaman series.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Yeah, that is true, Garth has been referred to as Tempest, so it makes sense to have Jackson be the Aqualad. It just seems weird to me to introduce Jackson so early with so little Manta development.