#1 Edited by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I just saw this...

I don't read Catwoman and I was not familiar with her choice of transportation, but this was a lame choice!

So I put this question out there, who has the lamest mode of transportation in comics? Please post a pic, and maybe we'll even find a winner for the Character with the Lamest Ride!

#2 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew I was going to see this when I clicked the page :)

How about, spider-mobile.

#3 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (661 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy

#4 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedQueen said:

OUCH!  So cold!  The universe is trying hard to forget that the Spider-mobile ever existed.  LOL!
#5 Posted by judasnixon (6641 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedQueen: What!?! The spider-mobile is awesome...... 
#6 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@RedQueen: What!?! The spider-mobile is awesome......

It wasn't exactly subtle...

@Timandm said:

@RedQueen said:

OUCH! So cold! The universe is trying hard to forget that the Spider-mobile ever existed. LOL!

Sorry to bring it up; but I think we can agree it was pretty bad. :p

#7 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6503 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin's motercycle in B&R was pretty bad.

#8 Edited by judasnixon (6641 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batgyro has to be one of the crappest pieces of crap I have ever seen. Batman must of been huffing some glue when he built that turd.....

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

The Whirly Bat!

#10 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

80s roller blades

I bet some 80s super hero has one of those

#11 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedQueen: Actually, it would need an upgrade to be bad...  The best thing Spidey ever did with that thing was park it in them middle of the Hudson River.   Think about it... A Dune Buggy?  Seriously?  SERIOUSLY?  A freaking DUNE BUGGY in NEW YORK CITY?!?!?  LOLOLOL!!!!  and he didn't even have a driver's license.  You don't need a license to web sling around New York but to drive... Yeah, you have to have a license...
@Jorgevy said:

80s roller blades

Yes, Dazzler used to wear Roller Blades.  Actually, she wore Roller SKATES... way before Roller Blades came out.. and that is SO MUCH WORSE...
#12 Posted by judasnixon (6641 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm: WHAT? Roller Skates are so awesome! Some times I wear them at the bar. Roller Skates are hundred times cooler than lame ass Roller Blades. Roller Blades are for losers, cream puffs, and poo brains..... 
My Roller Skate. 
#13 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1973 posts) - - Show Bio
This has always been lame on so many levels..starting with the fact WW doesn't really need one. I really don't know what they were thinking when they created this. (Whoever that was.)
#14 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manwhohaseverything said:

This has always been lame on so many levels..starting with the fact WW doesn't really need one. I really don't know what they were thinking when they created this. (Whoever that was.)

Yes, yes, EXTREMELY lame! Sooooo, are the two massive and overstuffed suitcases and carry on bag invisible too? You'd also think that she would have a pair of sweat pants stored in the plane just so she can travel "comfy".

Question: if you saw here flying over your head in that position, would your first thought be that you wish you had an umbrella?

#15 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@IfDCRuledTheWorld said:

This guy

This is a still from The Little Mermaid right?

#16 Posted by Captain_Yesterday (807 posts) - - Show Bio

So read about this on Cracked and I know it's a toy, but I've never read The Flash, so does he actually have one of these.

Cause it's seems pretty stupid.

#17 Posted by judasnixon (6641 posts) - - Show Bio

What ever Orion is flying around on......

#18 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@judasnixon: Guess I'm scratching 'roller blades' off my Christmas wish list...  

@Manwhohaseverything
@ShadowMonkey
speaking in defense of Wonder Woman's invisible jet.  You have to remember a couple of things.   1: Back when she had that invisible jet, she wasn't able to fly.  So, a jet really came in handy.   and   2: When she flew in it, she was invisible from outside the plane.  To see her while she was flying her jet, one had to be INSIDE the jet with her.  Hopefully, that takes some of the lameness out of it.

@Captain_Yesterday
What?  Why would it be stupid for The Flash to have a vehicle that could go NOWHERE NEAR AS FAST AS HE COULD!  LOL!!!   Can you imagine it?  " I'm gonna hop on this hog and basically.. um.. go like I'm sitting in slow motion..."
Although, there was " A " flash, as I recall, during the whole 'flashpoint" thing, that did ride a motor cycle.  But it wasn't "our" flash.  I 'think' it was Barry Allen from an alternate reality or timeline or some such thing.  And that Barry managed to tap into the speed force and put it into a motor cycle.  So, when riding the motor cycle he could move at super speed... Now, THAT sounds kind of kewl. 
#19 Posted by Immortal777 (7671 posts) - - Show Bio

Why?

#20 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

Why?

All arguements ever are invalid.

#21 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sentry.

He was so lame, Rogue doesn't remember anything outside of a hug.

(ba-dum TISH!)

#22 Edited by Mr_Hudson (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

The Sentry.

(ba-dum TISH!)

At first I was going to correct you, then I understood what you meant.

Then I laughed for a minute strait.

#23 Posted by Mr_Hudson (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Big Wheel is both the worst and best ride.

#24 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Hudson:

;)

#25 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: lmao :p

#26 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis said:

The Sentry.

(ba-dum TISH!)

You're referring to that 'implied intimacy' that The Sentry and Rogue supposedly shared, yes?  She speaks about it at his memorial service or some such thing as I recall...
This bothered me on a number of levels.
1: He was married to Lindy at the time
2: He and Crystal, of the Inhumans, were lovers.  (Avengers Vol. 4 issue 24)
3: She would have been about 16 years old at the time... Which is not only illegal but... ewwww...
#27 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm:

Oh yes -- which is why (I really mean this) I will only accept that he hugged her and she had a girlish crush on him which explains (terribly) the conversation Cyclops was having under his breath....

-_-

#28 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@lykopis: Ahhhh!  Thank you!  I'm going believe that now as well!  :-)
#29 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/markus_langbourn/the-sentry-3-part-1/87-86513/

Read. Explains it in a way that isn't a gigantic middle finger to every reader ever.

#30 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@Timandm: http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/markus_langbourn/the-sentry-3-part-1/87-86513/

Read. Explains it in a way that isn't a gigantic middle finger to every reader ever.

Thank you.  That's actually quite brilliant.  The following line had me rolling!

SENTRY: I hope that I’m still welcome here. Imagine if I just showed up without an invitation and demanded to speak to one of the citizens of this nation. That could spark an incident none of us are prepared for. Don’t be silly, Robert, that won’t happen. Neither Scott nor I are so stupid as to initiate unnecessary conflict.
OH, and the mention of firefly was a very nice touch!
#31 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

Why?

lol are you sure it isn't fan made? It's hilarious..

#32 Posted by JediXMan (30881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@Jorgevy said:

80s roller blades

Yes, Dazzler used to wear Roller Blades. Actually, she wore Roller SKATES... way before Roller Blades came out.. and that is SO MUCH WORSE...

And Shadowcat.

#33 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Lord, there are some terrible rides here. Diana's Invisible Jet and the Spider-Mobile are kooky classics in my opinion, but Superman's punching plane and Kitty's fashion disaster skater outfit need to be erased from history!

But Superman's 'Justice Jogger' still remains one of the lamest rides ever........ Really, Kenner? 'Justice Jogger'?

#34 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1973 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

@Immortal777 said:

Why?

All arguements ever are invalid.

Good thing Superman has this thing to punch Amazo, because, you know, I'm sure it punches much harder than he could. I hope, in context,that Superman lost his powers for a bit and had to resort to this, but I'm not familiar with whatever story this is.

BTW: Cool thread...it's made me laugh a bit.@Timandm said:

@judasnixon: Guess I'm scratching 'roller blades' off my Christmas wish list...

@Manwhohaseverything:
@ShadowMonkey:
speaking in defense of Wonder Woman's invisible jet. You have to remember a couple of things. 1: Back when she had that invisible jet, she wasn't able to fly. So, a jet really came in handy. and 2: When she flew in it, she was invisible from outside the plane. To see her while she was flying her jet, one had to be INSIDE the jet with her. Hopefully, that takes some of the lameness out of it.
It helps some, makes it not as lame as many of the other rides in this thread.
#35 Posted by EMH_Bruce (765 posts) - - Show Bio
Sins of Youth #008

I don't know, it's kinda in between really cool and omg no XDD

#36 Posted by Teerack (7048 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe they still haven't redesigned this...

#37 Edited by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Teerack said:

Why?   Is there something not aerodynamically sound with a flying device shaped like for lego blocks stuck together with pencils?
@JediXMan said:

@Timandm said:

@Jorgevy said:

80s roller blades

Yes, Dazzler used to wear Roller Blades. Actually, she wore Roller SKATES... way before Roller Blades came out.. and that is SO MUCH WORSE...

And Shadowcat.

That really IS an image I never needed burned into my brain.... LOL!!!
#38 Posted by EMH_Bruce (765 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

And Shadowcat.

looks like Kitty was in the closet of some other heroes when she made this outfit XD

• Hawkeye's mask
  • Booster Gold's spandex
  • Flash's (Jay Garrick) shirt
  • Captain America's gloves
  • Namor's pants

don't know where she stole this socks though XDD

#39 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@EMH_Bruce: and Dazzler's skates...  The stole the socks from... the 70s...
#40 Posted by ShadowMonkey (70 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@Teerack said:

Why? Is there something not aerodynamically sound with a flying device shaped like for lego blocks stuck together with pencils?
@JediXMan said:

@Timandm said:

@Jorgevy said:

80s roller blades

And Shadowcat.

Thank you for putting on the Fantastic Four flyer, I always thought that was the worst design, especially to still use it in the new millenium.

Is that Carrot Top?!

#41 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

You shut your mouth! The Fantasticar is the bestest!

#42 Posted by JediXMan (30881 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm said:

@Teerack said:

Why? Is there something not aerodynamically sound with a flying device shaped like for lego blocks stuck together with pencils?
@JediXMan said:

@Timandm said:

@Jorgevy said:

80s roller blades

And Shadowcat.

It's definitely one of the all time worst costumes. I think it only lasted one issue, though. So there's that.