• 56 results
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

In your opinion which character has the coolest origin story. I think pre-52 Alan Scott. The whole thing about it acting to bring death, life and power is just so mythological and creative imo. adds depth and mystery and intrigue to his character and I just love it. Who do you nominate for coolest origin?

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Silver Surfer

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is probably the hardest question I've ever been asked on here. Wow. This is going to take some serious thinking...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Guy Gardner's is pretty awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Metamorpho.

Mediocregeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mr. Freeze.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ok, so this is going to sound nerdy, but I would have to choose a character called Kamen Rider Wizard (a Japanese character).

Basically,there are these people called Gates that have the potential to be turned into monsters called Phantoms if they lose all hope. So when this event occurred when all of these Gates were simultaneously being turned, the main character Haruto (Wizard) fights back and pushes the monster back inside. This catches the attention of a mage that gives him a belt and rings that he can use to transform into the being Wizard. This guy is so strong willed and filled with hope that he pushes what is more or less a demon back inside him and uses that power to fight evil. That is pretty bad ass in my opinion.

Also, he has a cool costume.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3255e75dae4
deactivated-5e3255e75dae4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, so this is going to sound nerdy, but I would have to choose a character called Kamen Rider Wizard (a Japanese character).

Basically,there are these people called Gates that have the potential to be turned into monsters called Phantoms if they lose all hope. So when this event occurred when all of these Gates were simultaneously being turned, the main character Haruto (Wizard) fights back and pushes the monster back inside. This catches the attention of a mage that gives him a belt and rings that he can use to transform into the being Wizard. This guy is so strong willed and filled with hope that he pushes what is more or less a demon back inside him and uses that power to fight evil. That is pretty bad ass in my opinion.

Also, he has a cool costume.

No Caption Provided

Your on comic-vine. Your with your people.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Silver Surfer, Batman and Dr. Strange immediately come to mind. Silver Surfer's origin is great in its dual nature. He does the ultimate heroic deed in sacrificing himself to save his people. But, his motivations are almost entirely selfish. He was more than willing to give up being on Zenn La because he was longing for adventure to begin with. Pure comic gold IMO!

Batman has the iconic comic origin. Ultimate pain with his parents being taken away from him in front of his eyes. He is full of resentment and rage just as many of us would be in a similar situation. But, he channels that rage to become a crime fighting machine. Batman's origin might be the reason we have Spider-Man. Their origins are very similar.

Dr. Strange has one of the better Silver Age origins ever. He's selfish, he's arrogant, he's self absorbed to a fault. He suffers a great tragedy and losses everything. When he hits rock bottom he discovers his true purpose, his true calling. When he gave of himself he discovers that he's a better sorcerer than he ever was a surgeon. Classic!

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Jason Todd

Oliver Queen

Fantastic Four

Peter Quill

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AllStarSuperman
  1. Superman
  2. Booster Gold
  3. Hit-Girl
  4. Kick-Ass

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior Spider-man........

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Wolverine008

Daredevil and Wolverine.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SOG7dc

I'm gonna paste Scott's origin here so people can read it.....its just so freaking cool.....imo of course:

Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, a mystical green meteor fell down to Earth after wandering the cosmos for millenia, pulsing with strange life. It fell in ancient China, after merging with the essence of an ancient Green Lantern named Yalan Gur. A mystic named Chang heard a voice inside the meteor prophesying that it would act three times, once to bring death, once to bring life, and once to bring power. Chang carved it into a lamp, but other men in his village feared him and the meteor and tried to murder him. The mob was about to succeed, but green flames blasted from the lamp and killed them, the meteor had brought death. After many years, it was taken to America and given to Billings, an insane patient of Arkham Asylum. Billings was fond of metalworking, and he remade the Chinese style lamp into an ornate railroad lantern. Light burst from the lantern and he was sane, the meteor had brought life thus completing the first two prophecies. As it turned out, the power within the Lantern was actually the Starheart, the gathered magical forces of the Earth-1 universe, bound together by the Guardians Of The Universe upon their decision to rid the stars of magic to pave the way for science to prevail. It was hidden in the heart of a star before becoming a sentient being. After many more years, the lantern got on a train with young railroad engineer Alan Scott on it. Scott picked up the lantern and held it. Then, as the train was passing over a bridge, it was revealed that Dekker, a business rival, had placed explosives on said bridge. The train derailed, and everyone except Scott died. As he awoke in the wreckage, the lantern told him-carve a ring from the base of the metal and allow it to touch its light. When he did, the ring was filled with the power of the Starheart. He was told that the ring was powered by his will and belief. Alan Scott left, punished Dekker, and became Green Lantern and the meteor had brought power.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil and Wolverine.

wolverines is cool and terrible (terrible because his life sucks sooooooo bad) but I haven't read DD's

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

I'd say Deadman is a contender.

1. Killed by the League of Assassins

2. Resurrected by a goddess to seek out retribution for his murder

3. Comes back as a bada** ghost who can possess people and have all sorts of mystical adventures.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08 said:

Daredevil and Wolverine.

wolverines is cool and terrible (terrible because his life sucks sooooooo bad) but I haven't read DD's

I dont know Wolverines, but DD rocks. He was a hero before powers, and got his as a consequence for doing the right thing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08 said:

Daredevil and Wolverine.

Haha, yeah. Wolverine's life is just one roller coaster of bad experience upon one bad experience. As for Daredevil's, you should really check it out. Humble yet awesome beginnings. It was all told in Frank Millar's Man Without Fear mini series. It was back when he was still a dope writer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I'd say Deadman is a contender.

1. Killed by the League of Assassins

2. Resurrected by a goddess to seek out retribution for his murder

3. Comes back as a bada** ghost who can possess people and have all sorts of mystical adventures.

I'd like it more if it wasn't the League of Assassins. Deadman is b@dass though.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Tough one. I like Spider-Man's because of the simplicity of it, and Daredevil's because of how heroic it was

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

1. Batman: its sort of a common origin story (see Harry Potter) but still interesting none the less.
  2. Green Arrow: I like the fact that he's on the island and goes through enough emotional growth to come back and become something more.
  3. Superman: Very mythical but a great spin on the immigrant's arrival in the new world.
  4. Spiderman: As @peppeyhare said simple much like Batman's.
  5. The Flash (Barry Allen): it's a classic hit and I feel it echoes a little of Frankenstein when he gets by the lighting bolt.
Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker!!!

..oh wait.....

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr Freeze or Bane

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cloakx14

Black panther

Moon knight

Deadpool.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Songbird, love the villain turned hero idea.

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JulieDC

Dick Grayson...he has a similar origin to Batman but instead of brooding he overcomes it. I also like Bucky's origins both as a sidekick and as the Winter Soldier. I also like Superman's origins as well.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RustyRoy

Batman : Simple and effective not to mention badass.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool, if you read it from the Death/DP annual. I love how they took his name, which was originally just a joke about Deathstroke's name, into something that was actually meaningful. Besides that, I love the rest of his origins. I really liked how they showed you DP and Dr. Killebrew meet a few times in the present before showing the origin. At first, I was thinking that DP should just forgive him and then when you get to the annual you think twice. It's amazing how bad they were able to make me feel for Worm in such a short time. The arc that came afterwards was total garbage though.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I love Lobo's. Born on a planet of complete and utter peace............than kills them all. It's irony is almost poetic.

Wonder Woman's pre 52 origin is very unique as well. Much deeper and more involved than what people think.

Kwodam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jokers killing joke origen

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read this thread title as "coolest grin" :P

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mr_gone

Jim Hammond (Human Torch)

Beautiful, sad, and simple.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

X-O Manowar.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a lot of competition out there. Daredevil's is the classic sacrifice play + losing a loved one to the senseless cruelty of crime.

But I also like silver surfurs because of it's not so classic feel and is much more complex.

Iron Man's is extremely good in this revolutionary origin not seen before. This selfish and egotistical man is humbled by being nearly murdered by terrorists/ mercs with his own weopons. Once he renounced the weopons facilities I can't imagine the self loathing of knowing that there are people using what u designed for such evil. I don't read iron man but I am pretty sure he his first act as iron man was destroying what is left of his weopons out in the world. Also I have even more respect for him as a tech hero who basically earns their powers not rightful birth by working on it with their own hands.

Most people will look over iron man's but it is one of the best written origins ever IMO

Wolverine deserves a shoutout as well.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By _Gaff_

I am fond of Nightcrawler's

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Flash.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bane he was raised in prison.

captainsaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Chu

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Orion's is good too

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Batman

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

I love Lobo's. Born on a planet of complete and utter peace............than kills them all. It's irony is almost poetic.

OMG, what a ironic origin story. Things you learn huh!

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like captain America's. because i can relate to it.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe someone has not said it yet.

Galactus.

A being who survived the big crunch, last of a long gone universe, a common mortal becoming one of the equilibrating forces of the universe.

You don't get much more original than that.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

Lemire's retold origin story of Green Arrow has been pretty awesome so far. Can't think of a better one right now...

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers