Who has the better overall durability feats?

SoloKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor (Movies) vs Superman (Man of Steel)? I can't post a poll from mobile, so just say the name.

FEATS:

Thor almost died from falling from the sky.

Superman took the top off a mountain with no damage.

Thoughts?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Blackdog2009

@soloking: Superman is more durable, more powerful, faster, stronger and doesn't need a hammer to fly.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rogueshadow  Moderator

Strength: Thor

Speed: MOS

Durability: MOS

Fighting Skill: Thor

Intellect: Roughly equal/not big enough to have any impact on the fight.

Energy Projection: Thor

Other: Thor - Mjolnir.

That's how I see it.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator
Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comic wise: I'd imagine Superman for everything

Movie wise:Superman also

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: what energy projection does movie Thor have?

Superman has heat vision

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Thor movie haves nothing on Supse if you really believe Thor is in the same league as Supse in movie version you're kidding yourself

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rogueshadow  Moderator

Superman has heat vision

Electrical bolts which sent back an entire wave of Chitauri including defeating 2 Leviathans.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

@codysf said:

LOL Thor movie haves nothing on Supse if you really believe Thor is in the same league as Supse in movie version you're kidding yourself

How? Thor beats him in intelligence, in MOS he needed his dead father to do everything for him, and at least Thor can find a way to stop a villain without killing them and destroying the whole city and killing millions in the process.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamc1tizen: I love when people bring that up, because it makes no sense.

Zod was as good as Superman, and he was hellbent on destroying everything on Earth. How WAS Superman supposed to fight him? Lead him away from the city? Nope, Zod flies back and kills everyone. Tale him by force? Nope, Zod was an even match and couldn't have been forced away. Fighting him in Metropolis was his only option, and he couldn't exactly dictate where the fights would take him and what buildings would get destroyed.

Also, millions? Lol. A couple hundred, MAYBE.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I meant specifically what strength feat has Thor displayed in the movies that puts him above Superman in MOS?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_creator: You said energy projection. In strength he broke the Bifrost, a bridge capable of containing energies vast enough to destroy entire realms, sparred with the hulk, blocking his blows, single handedly blasting through Jotunheim's warriors as well as the enormous monster's head. Crumpling Iron man's suit like tissue paper. The main one is the Bifrost.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: actually I didn't say which feat and that was my error. I don't view breaking the bifrost as a strength feat as Thor uses Mjolnir to strike the bridge with. The bridge does not really contain the energies to destroy entire realms as the projector that Heimdall initiates is what projects the energy. Additionally any feat where where he uses Mjolnir to strike things with is amplified by Mjolnir to an unknown extent. Deforming Ironman's armour and grappling with the Hulk are the only straight strength feats mentioned.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_creator: My bad I was looking at this guys post.

Superman has heat vision

I disagree, if I were worthy of lifting Mjolnir I could bang against the Bifrost all day and nothing would happen, it isn't amplifying his strength, its just an object through which he's condensing his own strength, nothing suggests it amplifies his abilities. Also he walked through the Aether's dark energy field powerful enough to immerse all of the 9 realms that's a significant strength and durability feat. Heimdall initiates the energies which emit from the bifrost because they are stored there. Even if they were not, it is still capable of containing the energies because it does so whilst open, such as for teleporation and when it nearly destroyed Jotunheim.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Durability goes Thor

In Thor: The Dark World, Kurse was destroying Asgardian prison shields with one hit. The shields are smaller version of a large shield that stopped and Dark Elf ship with momentum fro crossing. Thor later on Malekiths planet tanked those same hits continuously so I dont see how people can say Superman got better durability unless I'm missing a more impressive feat.

Other stats:

Striking: Thor

Speed: Superman

Fighting skill: Thor

Energy projection: Thor

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: a human using a hammer to hit an object with gets a boost to the force they hit with. Likewise Thor using Mjolnir also gets a boost accordingly. All the other feats with the bifrost require speculation. There is no evidence to suggest that a rainbow 'glass like' bridge holds the energies of the bifrost when they appear to be projected from another piece of technology.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: there is no direct correlation between the strength of the 2 fields. Therefore this feat cannot be interpreted accurately. We do know that in the Avengers the Hulk's blows gave Thor a nose bleed. We know that a large bolder thrown by Kurse was enough to 'stun' Thor momentarily. Kurse's blows were causing bruising and abrasions to Thor's flesh. By direct comparison Superman catapulted through a large section of a small mountain top, destroying it. The area he travelled through appeared to be at least a hundred times greater than the size of the boulder that hit Thor. Additionally Superman did not have a scratch on him.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

@experio: there is no direct correlation between the strength of the 2 fields. Therefore this feat cannot be interpreted accurately. We do know that in the Avengers the Hulk's blows gave Thor a nose bleed. We know that a large bolder thrown by Kurse was enough to 'stun' Thor momentarily. Kurse's blows were causing bruising and abrasions to Thor's flesh. By direct comparison Superman catapulted through a large section of a small mountain top, destroying it. The area he travelled through appeared to be at least a hundred times greater than the size of the boulder that hit Thor. Additionally Superman did not have a scratch on him.

All of the things you mentioned are the reasons I said Superman's durability is greater than Thor's. The boulder was thrown by Kurse, a guy who knocked Mjolnir aside like it was nothing, it is and he is gonna pack one hell of a punch.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#20 stormshadow_x  Online

I doubt Movie Thor could is Stronger the MOS Superman when it comes to Straight lifting.

Speed Wise MOS Superman is faster then anyone who has appeared in MCU.

Durability The only Avenger I can clearly see tanking falling from the sky is Hulk. Maybe thor just tried to get out because it would hurt a lot?

I don't see why we are even bringing up who is smarter. That so irrelevant.

Fighting Skill goes to Thor. Lack of fighting skill is why Zod was dominating most of there fight.

Energy Projection goes to thor but I doubt he could anybody on MOS Speed and thor could block Heat Vision with hammer but wouldn't be able to dodge it.

Other Ofcourse goes to The might Hammer. Mos Could easily dodge it.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Experio

@the_creator said:

There's no reason to believe they dont have a connection, ones just larger then the other which protects the fortress. Why would they use one shield for prisoners and make another for different cause. Its a certified feat for Thor, and Kurse also punched away a lightning amped Mjolnir. I see that feat above Clarks

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: Because you have no correlation between the strengths of the 2 fields so you cannot say how much force it took to break down the prisoners field vs the larger city field. Yes they have a very similar look but is one a hundred times stronger than the other....or a thousand times. You don't know so everything you say about the feat is an assumption. And basing anything on unfounded assumptions invariably leads to the mother of all f&$@ ups.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_creator: Not only because of its similar look but how Kurse shattered the prisoners shield and the generator - Through comparison it is revealed/

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By the creator

@experio: then tell exactly how much stronger the shield holding the prisoners in was by comparison to the city's shield. Please explain the facts that you have, that obviously no one else is aware of, to support your theory. I eagerly await your response.

Arkadyred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spawn does, even Jim Downing.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_creator: Its not rocket science mate, you can blatantly see him use both his hands with a little hold up unless you haven't seen the movie. A small margin that wouldn't really matter considering the amount of blows he gave Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soloking said:

Thor (Movies) vs Superman (Man of Steel)? I can't post a poll from mobile, so just say the name.

FEATS:

Thor almost died from falling from the sky.

Superman took the top off a mountain with no damage.

Thoughts?

Seriously? Superman.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio: so you cannot relate the strength between the 2 fields then. This renders your argument void for this feat.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_creator: lol What the hell are you talking about? What do you think I've been explaining this whole time? You Mos fans are unbelievable.