Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Who has the best chance of saving Manhattan? (25 votes)

Thor 28%
Hulk 0%
Sentry 20%
Magneto 28%
Nova 4%
Storm/Scarlet Witch 4%
Invisible Woman/Thing 4%
Ironman/War Machine 8%
Ms. Marvel/ Iceman 4%
Wolverine/Gamora/Drax 0%

Which of these characters has the best chance of saving the city with the least amount of casualties to the population? The character/duo/trio is on their own. No outside help. Just standard gear and powers. The character wins by eliminating 90% of the enemy forces. He has 12 hours to do so or he loses.

So vote based on this

-least casualties

-who can defeat 90% the fastest

Threat- Doom has sent an invasion force to kill as many people as possible in Manhattan. The armies purpose is to cause as much destruction as possible and the largest loss of life.

His force consists of 50,000 soldiers. They are instantly teleported into the city and spread throughout in random places.

-10,000 doombots

-30,000 standard soldiers with automatic weapons

-200 fighter are firing missiles and machine guns randomly through out the city

-200 choppers are strafing the city causing as much damage as possible

-600 tanks

This is a marvel version of the scenario. I will do a similar scenario with DC characters later

#1 Posted by Wolverine08 (42132 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#2 Edited by i_like_swords (14228 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it boils down to Thor, Sentry, Magneto and possibly Nova?

#3 Edited by jimmy11 (171 posts) - - Show Bio

Sentry and Magneto

#4 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

feel free to explain your choices

#5 Edited by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#6 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm no Scarlet Witch expert, but doesn't she have a good chance at succeeding in this? And she has Storm with her.

#7 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT! No Jesus Christ selection? Hmmmm... one awesome savior that Jesus, why bother voting

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4529 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#9 Posted by daboyfromsaturn (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

I'm not very familiar with Doom, but doombots are metal, right? Magneto would just completely destroy the doombots, wrap the guns around the soldiers (immobilizing them) and just completely throw everything metal into space or something like that.

#10 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for the Master of Magnetism. Why? He's the master of magnitism. Destroying all those metal robots should be a challenge but do-able. I don't see the rest defeating the armies any faster. The few can can defeat them faster I see them having more casualties.

#11 Posted by cameron83 (7290 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't this only add up to 41,000?

#12 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio
@m3th said:

I voted for the Master of Magnetism. Why? He's the master of magnitism. Destroying all those metal robots should be a challenge but do-able. I don't see the rest defeating the armies any faster. The few can can defeat them faster I see them having more casualties.

This was what I was thinking. Everyone else just won't be able to multitask in this situation like Erik can....unless Sentry pulls another powerset out of his butt.

#13 Edited by Bogey (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Sue Storm and Ben cause they know how to stop Doom without excessive violence.

#14 Posted by MadnessFall (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Jesus!Lol....

#15 Edited by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT- made a dumb mistake and couldn't edit it

like cameron83 said this is 4100. I apologize