• 131 results
Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#1  Edited By Extremis

Captain America or Green Lantern Hal Jordan?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

Captain America IMO, and put this in general discussion. It'll get more hits that way.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It should be Hal, right, since it's kind of his thing.

Then again...there was Dimension Z....

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

Batman.....slowly starts walking away from the thread.....(only joking, honestly I would say cap)

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Extremis

@veshark: haha exactly!

Dimension Z Cap's willpower is off the charts!

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hal... he's the best of the best!

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Cap10nate

@mitran: Only one of their universes have GLs.

I give it to Cap.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap had the willpower to come back from death. That was pretty amazing

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Willpower can't be measured.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

this isn't a willpower discussion, this is a marvel vs dc discussion in disguise.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:

this isn't a willpower discussion, this is a marvel vs dc discussion in disguise.

Well if that's the case then Batman wins there isn't any other correct answer.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Definitely Hal, seeing as his abilities literately do not work without any will.

Cap'n Murica definitely has a lot courage/will though.

ntb101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal. his will power make stuff out of the green lantern ring

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

you tell me, I like them both, but I honestly don't know?

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitran: which still isn't the Marvel U.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hal by far.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Hal Jordan.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America IMO, and put this in general discussion. It'll get more hits that way.

How? I doubt Captain America has more will than Batman and you're saying he has more will than one of the best Green Lanterns out?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:

How? I doubt Captain America has more will than Batman and you're saying he has more will than one of the best Green Lanterns out?

The Dimension Z story arc by Rick Remender convinced me really that Cap has more willpower than Hal. If you doubt that Captain America has more willpower than Captain America, I suggest that you read some Captain America comics, and see his unstoppable will to do the right thing and see justice prevail. Something he has died before to see happen.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08 said:

The Dimension Z story arc by Rick Remender convinced me really that Cap has more willpower than Hal. If you doubt that Captain America has more willpower than Captain America, I suggest that you read some Captain America comics, and see his unstoppable will to do the right thing and see justice prevail. Something he has died before to see happen.

What's his best feat there?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08 said:

He was running around for weeks with a hole in his chest trying to save a child, and almost died trying while almost losing his sanity to sum it up. I also think moments like in Captain America: Reborn where he fought Red Skull subconsciously for control of his body, and will was willing to kill himself to beat Skull and make sure right prevailed, or in Civil War when he fought Iron Man despite seeing how overwhelmed his resistance force was, and eventually dying to do the right thing , and his relentless persistence to join the Army despite how sickly and frail he was and knowing he would most likely die if he went to the battlefield show just how great Captain America's willpower can be when it comes to preserving justice.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08 said:

@monsterstomp said:

@wolverine08 said:

He was running around for weeks with a hole in his chest trying to save a child, and almost died trying while almost losing his sanity to sum it up. I also think moments like in Captain America: Reborn where he fought Red Skull subconsciously for control of his body, and will was willing to kill himself to beat Skull and make sure right prevailed, or in Civil War when he fought Iron Man despite seeing how overwhelmed his resistance force was, and eventually dying to do the right thing , and his relentless persistence to join the Army despite how sickly and frail he was and knowing he would most likely die if he went to the battlefield show just how great Captain America's willpower can be when it comes to preserving justice.

Was going to say Hal, then read this. Now thinking Cap. That is pretty impressive.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By evilvegeta74

@

@allstarsuperman said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

you tell me, I like them both, but I honestly don't know?

No Caption Provided

I do too, but I've seen Cap give up during the Fear Itself arc! Especially when the Serpent (Cul Borson) caught and shattered his shield! Hal Jordan wouldn't give in! Although I'm a MU guy , I like Jordan and give him a slight edge! On the other hand if Cap wielded a ring like Jordan I'm sure they'd be equals. Hal is my favorite Lantern, the one I grew up with! Oh and it took a lot of will power to do this to Bat's, one of my favorite Hal Jordan moments, because he's the Gott- D$%n Greatest Green Lantern!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Those are mighty impressive nonetheless. In Comparison to Batman's feat of being tortured, jacked up on drugs and hallucinates, yet still finds the will to look passed the hallucinations, still finds the strength to fight and escape, they come pretty close. Or how Batman was taking a brutal beating by Bane even while fighting off a deadly toxin. This is a peak human don't forget. Just makes it seem more impressive.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Very true indeed. Batman does have a similarly insane willpower to Cap when it comes to doing what he thinks is right. I think arguments could be made for Bruce and Steve having just as, if not more willpower than Hal.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Another feat of Batman. Battling a supertoxin that Scarecrow didn't have resistance to.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That's sorta Hal's job...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's sorta Hal's job...

Still doesn't mean Cap can't be better than him at his own game :D

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Captain America by quite a bit. He cut open his chest and defeated Arnim Zola and his forces to save his son. If that's not willpower I don't know what is.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how people like Captain America and Batman has more will than a Green Lantern.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wolverine008
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: HAL IS THE FRICKING REPRESENTATION OF WILLPOWER. Marvel doesn't have to win everything, dude.

It's like if there was a thread called "Who's the better shield thrower, Cap or Hal?" or "Who's more patriotic, Cap or Hal?" Just because I prefer DC as a company, there's no chance I'm going to vote Hal on either one.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rulerofthisuniverse: I think you should read the list of willpower feats that I listed for Cap earlier in this thread. Might change your mind. Hal doesn't even have the greatest will power in DC in my opinion. Both Sinestro and Batman have more Will power in my opinion, and I also think Cap beats him out there too. Just because Hal represents will power, doesn't mean there isn't a man out there who can't out do him.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

@wolverine08: Have you read much Hal

Jordan??? He's literally the personification of will. His powers don't work if he doesn't have will. He literally killed himself and willed himself back to life recently....marvel doesn't have to win all the time bro sheesh lol

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: He literally killed himself and willed himself back to life!? Holy sh*t. I change my vote back to Hal.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: dude you're the one who's always perpetuating the Marvel vs DC thing. I'm just generally interested as they are both known for having exceptional will.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: So Captain America having enough will to run around for weeks dehydrated, starving, with a hole in his chest, and on the brink of death in the isolated Dimension Z just to protect a child, fighting Red Skull subconsciously in Captain America: Reborn and having such a great will power to see justice prevail that he almost committed suicide so Red Skull wouldn't win, or him fighting Tony Stark in Civil War despite seeing that his resistance team was outgunned and outmanned and eventually died to preserve what he thought was right, and him relentlessly trying to join the military despite being so sick and weakly he was almost assured to get killed isn't good enough for me to justify thinking that Cap has just as much, if not more willpower than Hal?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777: "willpower cant be measured"

Which is precisely why there's cause for debate, poozer :p

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Sinestro and Batman have more will than Hal Jordan...? Seriously? No. Lol no. Especially Sinestro.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wolverine08: HAL IS THE FRICKING REPRESENTATION OF WILLPOWER. Marvel doesn't have to win everything, dude.

It's like if there was a thread called "Who's the better shield thrower, Cap or Hal?" or "Who's more patriotic, Cap or Hal?" Just because I prefer DC as a company, there's no chance I'm going to vote Hal on either one.

That's not really a good example.

One of the core things about Captain America is his famous will. Just like one of the core things about Batman is his intelligence or HIS will.

@wolverine08: Those are mighty impressive nonetheless. In Comparison to Batman's feat of being tortured, jacked up on drugs and hallucinates, yet still finds the will to look passed the hallucinations, still finds the strength to fight and escape, they come pretty close. Or how Batman was taking a brutal beating by Bane even while fighting off a deadly toxin. This is a peak human don't forget. Just makes it seem more impressive.

Very impressive indeed. Also,I believe that Captain America (even when severely weakened and hungered) still fought off Zola's fugly creatures that were much stronger than him (and this was like,for what,a decade?).

Idk the full details. I have to go back and read.