Who has greater will power, Batman vs Spiderman?

• 123 results
Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Flopsop200

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Batman... is this even fair?

Batman deals with some of the most terrifying and emotionally bombarding characters. He has the will not to kill Joker, even after Joker killed Bruces childhood friend.

Spider-Man has the will not to kill Green Goblin even though he murdered his true love right in front of his eyes, buried Aunt May alive inside Uncle Ben's coffin with the corpse, ruined Peter's life by masterminding the clone saga, ruined Peter's best friend's life and even being the cause of his death, and took over all of Marvel Earth.

Batman having more will than Spider-Man because he doesn't kill Joker is a weak argument.

Both Spider-Man and Batman are the two head honchos of willpower in their universe. When it comes down to it, neither of them can do something the other can't. This battle is a true stalemate.

100% agree

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By renamed040924

@Flopsop200 said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Batman deals with some of the most terrifying and emotionally bombarding characters. He has the will not to kill Joker, even after Joker killed Bruces childhood friend.

Spider-Man has the will not to kill Green Goblin even though he murdered his true love right in front of his eyes, buried Aunt May alive inside Uncle Ben's coffin with the corpse, ruined Peter's life by masterminding the clone saga, ruined Peter's best friend's life and even being the cause of his death, and took over all of Marvel Earth.

Batman having more will than Spider-Man because he doesn't kill Joker is a weak argument.

Both Spider-Man and Batman are the two head honchos of willpower in their universe. When it comes down to it, neither of them can do something the other can't. This battle is a true stalemate.

100% agree

Love the icon ;)

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By BlueComet

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

How does any of that compare to Batman resisting psychic attacks that none of the other JL(including Hal Jordan) could resist. Plus he freed Spectre and the JL with will power alone and saved the entire universe in the process. Spider-Man having the will not to kill Green Goblin is something Batman goes through on a regular basis, Let me know when Spider-Man shows up someone as powerful as Spectre with his will power.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By ImmortalOne

Batman.

btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By btmt

BATMAN!!!!

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bane_of_sith

Batman! He restrains himself way more IMO...and a lot of the posts on this thread are examples of bravery not will power BTW...if spidey had restraint uncle Ben might still be alive lol

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Flopsop200

@nickzambuto: thank you sir!

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By justleader

Batman wins this IMO, his most impressive willpower feat is in soul war, first he resisted the imaginal world (even JLA and spectre couldn't) and then he defeated the trans who defeated all the JLA and spectre. So he saved the JLA's and Spectre's ass twice.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By robertloucksjr

Most of these willpower feats are PIS. All of a sudden Batman can resist Poison Ivy's pheromones and resist beings Spectre can't. At least Hulk and Wolverine can claim berserker rage as an excuse.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By renamed040924

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

How does any of that compare to Batman resisting psychic attacks that none of the other JL(including Hal Jordan) could resist. Plus he freed Spectre and the JL with will power alone and saved the entire universe in the process. Spider-Man having the will not to kill Green Goblin is something Batman goes through on a regular basis, Let me know when Spider-Man shows up someone as powerful as Spectre with his will power.

You clearly missed my point.

The user I quoted was saying Batman has more will power than Spider-Man because he doesn't kill Joker. I was the one saying that's a weak argument.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BlueComet

@nickzambuto said:

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

The user I quoted was saying Batman has more will power than Spider-Man because he doesn't kill Joker. I was the one saying that's a weak argument.

Yeah, i know. Then you said Spider-Man has more will than Batman because he doesnt kill the Green Goblin which is an equally weak argument.

Edit: My bad you said it made him equal to Batman which it doesn't.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By renamed040924

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Yeah, i know. Then you said Spider-Man has more will than Batman because he doesnt kill the Green Goblin which is an equally weak argument.

No I didn't. Try reading more slowly. I ended my post by saying they were equal.

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BlueComet

@nickzambuto said:

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

No I didn't. Try reading more slowly. I ended my post by saying they were equal.

I edited my post 17 minutes ago you posted this 7 minutes ago you had a whole ten minutes to realize I corrected myself. Why don't you try reading more slowly.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Batman.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By renamed040924

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

I edited my post 17 minutes ago you posted this 7 minutes ago you had a whole ten minutes to realize I corrected myself. Why don't you try reading more slowly.

lol my bad XD

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By BlueComet

@nickzambuto: Don't worry about it.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Batman, because his many of his "true loves" and sidekicks have been killed and he never killed the ones that did it, he put himself to 18 years of training since a early age. After finding Joe Chill he did not kill him. He did agree to make a pact with a demon (who is clearly evil) to save someone. and he also shot a evil god knowing that he might die by doing so. everyone satisfied?

Avatar image for fornication4evry1
Fornication4Evry1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BlueComet said:

@nickzambuto said:

@XImpossibruX said:

It doesn't. Nickzambuto doesn't even read the comics he gets scans from.

It's already been proven that Parker doesn't come close to Wayne's willpower. In one of those scans he saw Gwen die again, he collapsed and started crying like a baby ready to give up. How does that put him anywhere near Bruce's level? Dr Strange had to come tell him to get his nut up and stop being a little b*tch for him to snap out of it.

They aren't comparable, end of story

kingsloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By kingsloth

@SwordandShieldssaid:

Spider-Man has more will power IMO. He's beaten the odds when you know there's no chance to survive it.

Really batman has never come out of a battle with a 0% probablility of survival. Do you read comics? Batman through willpower has not killed Joker, thats more impressive than any willpower feat in comics.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By nefarious

Spider-Man.

Rick_Grayson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Rick_Grayson

Batman. The guy can't be cloned because nothing can take the psychological beating he's had over the years and yet he maintains 2 lives and looks after an entire Bat Family, normally without rest apart from occasional micro-naps.

Dark_Slayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Dark_Slayor

That scan with the JLA subcumming to mind control sounds like PIS to me. If Batman can resist the mind control through willpower, then there's no reason why Hal couldn't. A green lantern power ring measures a whole galaxy's willpower and chose Hal as a ring bearer. The ring even made notes of Superman's and Batman's willpower and still chose Hal.

On topic, there isn't any real way to measure or quantify one's willpower(outside of a green lantern ring). So with that said I think I'm going to agree with the userthat said this ends in a stalemate.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#73  Edited By AssertingValor

Spiderman, he has a far more dangerous villian group, and he had enough will to resist the Venom symbiote...

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LONGTIME

@DocFatalis said:

Thanos. I know he is not in the OP, but willpower is his game.

Lucifer Morningstar.

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Quartermaim

I say Batman for the following reasons:

1) Batman has never quit being Batman. Spiderman has given up on more than one occasion.

2) Batman never apologizes for anything he's done. No matter how wrong they are.

3) Batman's willpower comes from complete and total obsession. The man if diagnosed would be in an asylum himself. Yet he never seems to crack (Although he has faltered once or twice).

Dokbommer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dokbommer

@Dark_Slayor said:

That scan with the JLA subcumming to mind control sounds like PIS to me. If Batman can resist the mind control through willpower, then there's no reason why Hal couldn't. A green lantern power ring measures a whole galaxy's willpower and chose Hal as a ring bearer. The ring even made notes of Superman's and Batman's willpower and still chose Hal.

On topic, there isn't any real way to measure or quantify one's willpower(outside of a green lantern ring). So with that said I think I'm going to agree with the userthat said this ends in a stalemate.

It's not a stalemate until Spiderman has comparable feats. Spiderman weeping like a girl and needing Doc Strange to save him proves that he isn't on Batmans' level. Really that simple

@LordMaverick said:

Spiderman, he has a far more dangerous villian group, and he had enough will to resist the Venom symbiote...

What a ridiculous comparison. Wolverine has a more dangerous rogue gallery than Batman does, does that make his willpower greater?

He had enough to resist the venom symbiote? Batman had enough will power to resist a freaking Sinestro corps ring. Try again

@Quartermaim said:

I say Batman for the following reasons:

1) Batman has never quit being Batman. Spiderman has given up on more than one occasion.

2) Batman never apologizes for anything he's done. No matter how wrong they are.

3) Batman's willpower comes from complete and total obsession. The man if diagnosed would be in an asylum himself. Yet he never seems to crack (Although he has faltered once or twice).

Most intelligent post, well done.

Avatar image for knightofcydonia
Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#77  Edited By Noctis

@BlueComet said:

Batman by far

mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By mettlekm

Spider-man never gives up. Call it will-power or guilt from his uncle ben... I don't read enough about batman to say the same thing. So not saying batman loses, just saying the best he can do is a tie.

Edit: i read through some of the answers, and think i wasn't using the right definition for Willpower.

n
1.theabilitytocontroloneselfanddetermineone'sactions

Spidey is a little more emotional than that so gotta say Bats win.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#79  Edited By SC  Moderator
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/spider-man-vs-batman-will-power/689598/?page=4 

I would say Batman. I would say Spider-man has greater resiliency as far as being tested more. Spider-man is designed to break, and fail and fall more as far as being more (intending to be) relatable, but then get back up so to speak and that involves will power sure, but I think its a type that fluctuates. I think Spider-man has more self doubt and questions himself more, but he does his best to fight back from internal and external criticism. Of course you could argue that Batman is just more stubborn and stoic than possesses more will power but I personally consider will power as self control and the ability to control ones behavior. Your dealing with internal psychology and thats something that Batman has on lock. Hence why Batman is characterized as being more stoic and stubborn. Spider-man is more affected by external processes and the loss and regaining of self control and behavior. Which is generally more normal.   
mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By mettlekm

@Icatbele: I edited what I wrote.

I ended up giving nod to Batman, but Spidey is one of the greatest fictional characters of all time, and never can be considered a joke. He faced his fear and says "bring it on". That is real, and that makes a great character.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DocFatalis

What, this thread is still on? Batman, it is Batman. he's the embodiment of will power, maybe in a slightly psychotic sense, but still. B.A.T.M.A.N.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@SC said:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/spider-man-vs-batman-will-power/689598/?page=4 I would say Batman. I would say Spider-man has greater resiliency as far as being tested more. Spider-man is designed to break, and fail and fall more as far as being more (intending to be) relatable, but then get back up so to speak and that involves will power sure, but I think its a type that fluctuates. I think Spider-man has more self doubt and questions himself more, but he does his best to fight back from internal and external criticism. Of course you could argue that Batman is just more stubborn and stoic than possesses more will power but I personally consider will power as self control and the ability to control ones behavior. Your dealing with internal psychology and thats something that Batman has on lock. Hence why Batman is characterized as being more stoic and stubborn. Spider-man is more affected by external processes and the loss and regaining of self control and behavior. Which is generally more normal.

I would say Batman as well.

I mean no one else deals with someone like the Joker on a regular basis.And for him not to break his only rule takes a great amount of will power.

Part of this is down to the fact Bruce has trained his body and mind to cope with such traumas.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#83  Edited By SC  Moderator
@mrdecepticonleader said:

I mean no one else deals with someone like the Joker on a regular basis.And for him not to break his only rule takes a great amount of will power.

Part of this is down to the fact Bruce has trained his body and mind to cope with such traumas.

Exactly. Its something that he values and thus fosters. Its something that he has appreciated and fostered for longer than say Spider-mans character. Its not really a competition, the two characters are fictional beings, its about how the writers (and even fans) view and characterize them and identifying those traits.
Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@SC said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

Exactly. Its something that he values and thus fosters. Its something that he has appreciated and fostered for longer than say Spider-mans character. Its not really a competition, the two characters are fictional beings, its about how the writers (and even fans) view and characterize them and identifying those traits.

I agree.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@pooty: He made a deal with a devil to revive his aunt. I don't really think that's a lack of willpower.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@loadofmilark said:

Barman because unlike Spiderman he often has to fight on a physical and psychological level I.e the joker and scarecrow

barman also took time training to be who he is whereas Spiderman happened upon his powers by chance

Yea. Barman is one heck of a dude.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By pooty

@JimTheSurfer said:

@pooty: He made a deal with a devil to revive his aunt. I don't really think that's a lack of willpower.

I do. He took the easy way out. A person with willpower would have:

1)not given up and found another way

2) let his aunt die and have the willpower to accept her death and carry on

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jorgevy

Vegeta wins

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By evilvegeta74

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MethoKi

1) Batman is still Batman even at an old frail age. He built it in his mind that Bruce Wayne is his disguise and the he IS TRULY Batman.

2) The ring didn't come to him because it was a sort of crisis and chose to go with Hal because he was the closest AND because Batman was Batman already. He was already doing his part in justice.

3) He just takes mini naps. even when he is severely injured, he still goes out to defend the city. that too, he goes out EVERY NIGHT no matter what.

4)No matter what his villains has done, whether it be kill, (Jason and his parents) injure, (Barbara and Dick) try to make him snap, (Joker) he has never killed and has vowed to never do it.

5) At a young age, he started to train for 12 - 18 years.

6)He has a space station that watches over Earth to ensure there are no big threats

7)He has made plans to stop members of HIS OWN team in case they go rogue.

I don't think Spider-Man has anything on him in willpower. Call any Green Lantern or Wonder Woman

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By PassionFlower

Batman is simply the greatest superhero ever.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Batman. I love Spidey more but I've gotta give it to Bruce. He has endured really extreme beatings, being poisioned, and suffered through exhaustion only to keep fighting. Peter has gone through some tough times as well, but the diffrence being, he has super powers, Bruce does not. With his enhanced strength, stamina, and durability, Spider-man can withstand a lot. Batman does not have this luxury, which to me, makes him more of a ''fighter" and shows his willpower and heart.

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

Batman no contest here.

bueubue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By bueubue

Spider-Man, Batman is a PIS fanboy fantasy. Spider-Man is a better more realistic character who actually has believeable will power moments that make you relate to him and endear him.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#95  Edited By jobiwankenobi

Spider-Man's everyday life makes his life way more difficult as a superhero. He has to put up with way more and fight through it. That's just my take on it.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Bats, both mentally, and physically.

He already has powerful will power by being able to survive his parents getting killed in front of him, and not even resist the temptation of owning a billion dollar company.

Add that to the fact he's human and deals with pain everyday.

Compare this to:

Superman who pretty much had a cushy childhood, where he never really met his parents therefore experiencing no pain as a child.

And is pretty much invincible, except for his weaknesses.

bygone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By bygone

Batman

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#98  Edited By Deadcool

Both have horrible traumas and both don't let themselves to give up.

In my opinion they should have the same amount of willpower, Batman is more logical so I think that his showings aren't as painful as Spider-man, I have seen Spider-man breaking all the bones on his body just because he doesn't want to give up.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#99  Edited By PowerHerc

Batman has more willpower.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#100  Edited By entropy_aegis

Batman wins out due to being able to control Yurrd effortlessly while Supes and Diana failed with Zorrm and Rogga.