Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Who Has Better Control Over The Weather: Thor or Storm? (66 votes)

Storm 29%
Thor 71%

I was just thinking this, and the thought intrigued me. Also, does mjolnir increase Thor's weather manipulating powers/ focus it? I would like those who are very familiar with both characters and their abilities, to give an honest opinion. Scans would be a nice addition as well.

#1 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

i have scans flying around somewhere but the vote speaks for itself

#2 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

i have scans flying around somewhere but the vote speaks for itself

There's only 2 votes, and I can't see them, because I would rather not vote. Scans would be nice!!!

#4 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

the nerve of some people with their 'intriguing thoughts'

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (38556 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can naturally control weather himself, but Mjnoir greatly amplifies his weather manipulation. He's leagues ahead of Storm in weather manipulation. He is the GOD of Thunder.

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

#7 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

the nerve of some people with their 'intriguing thoughts'

lol. Is the question blasphemous?

#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: it is really insulting to the character and his fans. but the storm fans will flock to this like crazy.

#9 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can naturally control weather himself, but Mjnoir greatly amplifies his weather manipulation. He's leagues ahead of Storm in weather manipulation. He is the GOD of Thunder.

I understand that, but I don't see him using weather manipulation as much as storm, which leads me to believe storm may be more seasoned. But maybe i'm not really familiar with his weather manipulation feats. And some call her a Goddess. =P

#10 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: it is really insulting to the character and his fans. but the storm fans will flock to this like crazy.

Lol, I apologize. Do you have anything to show this not even being a debate?

#11 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted storm but maybe I voted wrong.

#13 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Who has better control of lightning? Thor, no question.

Who had better control of weather in general? Storm, equally no question. Show me Thor creating fog or manipulating wind without the rest of the tunderstorm. A great variety of effects and a more refined, localized control of the effects = better control.

#14 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@wundagoreborn: show me storm controling the weather on the whole planet.

#15 Edited by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@wundagoreborn: Thor turned Storms entire display of power into soothing rain

#16 Posted by GREGalicious (470 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: I second this and I was under the impression that Thor is NOT actually a God. Mortals gave the adgardians that title. Hes simply a powerful being from another realm.

#17 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: I wouldn't say that Storm can generate as much power over a large area as Thor. But she is wicked powerful. In warlock360's scan, his description of her power is jaw dropping. Add that to what she did in X-Men 147 when Doom had her trapped in a statue -- whipped up a hurricane that threatened the whole east coast without consciously trying. My feeling is her great power, plus more fine-tuned control constitutes better control than his staggering power creating one kind of storm. As always, these things come down to our own definitions of "better."

Would he beat her in a fight 100 times out of 100? I think so. Is he the more awesome, kick-ass character, the one that I like better? You bet. But I think she has greater range of control over a wider array of weather conditions.

#18 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: check above scan

Do you have the next page to that? I would actually like to see what happened next. Thor seems to be on the cusp of doing something awesome with weather manipulation, but I don't think its showed on that page.

#19 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: True. She tried to beat him with his kind of weather. No chance that would work.

I think she can do less awe-inspiring things with weather that he couldn't do at all. Control to me is more about subtlety than pure power.

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

@novi_homines: check above scan

Do you have the next page to that? I would actually like to see what happened next. Thor seems to be on the cusp of doing something awesome with weather manipulation, but I don't think its showed on that page.

well he does manipulated weather in some sense xD

#22 Edited by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: True. She tried to beat him with his kind of weather. No chance that would work.

I think she can do less awe-inspiring things with weather that he couldn't do at all. Control to me is more about subtlety than pure power.

this is true and stated here, yet she does admit him having more control over it in the link i posted to thetimestreamer.

#23 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: That scene is awesome. It's cheating, but it's awesome.

#24 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@wundagoreborn said:

this is true and stated here, yet she does admit him having more control over it in the link i posted to thetimestreamer.

I retract the "equally no question" part of my initial comment. It turns out to be much more of a question than I thought. Thanks

#25 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Microscopically Storm has a more fine tuned control whilst Thor Macroscopically has the raw feel for it.
If we're going to talk about who the better controller of weather is in general, then it would have to be the one to overwhelm the others ability to control their weather (if that made sense?), and for me that would have to be Thor. Though they are equal in their own right (Micro- and Macroscopically)

Funfact

#26 Posted by wundagoreborn (313 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360: That image gave me a laugh. What book did that come from?

#27 Edited by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

@wundagoreborn: might have been a what-if? But there's also another ocassion that i remember her being thor

611379 earth storm, got it.

#28 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@warlock360 said:

@wundagoreborn said:

Lol that's awesome! I actually thought they'd make a good couple. Now that BP and Storm are separated, I think they should revisit this. The God of Thunder and The Goddess of The Plains can be in some ways, marvel's version of Superman and WonderWoman.

#29 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

google storm and thor, they have like 4 romantic encounters

#30 Posted by cameron83 (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

#31 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5500 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Edited by CaptainLantern76 (551 posts) - - Show Bio

As the god of thunder, Thor has better control over thunderstorms.

Storm has better control over the rest.

#33 Edited by henrik (562 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is the thundergod . He controlls lightning , and he can create a storm , but I think they are the same .

#34 Posted by BlackWind (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it being implied Thor can only create thunder/lightning/rain?

#35 Posted by beautifulrevery (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember where but I read somewhere that Storm is bound by the natural laws of weather on Earth and as such cannot create storms or weather that would be caused by an appearance of too much...atmosphere? I guess would be the word. She can't circumvent natural weather patterns in order to make a hurricane that covers the planet is essentially what I'm getting at. Since Thor's power is magical he can essentially do whatever he wants to the weather of the planet. Someone should know what I'm talking about if they could clarify

#36 Edited by Uncanny_Doom (360 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

I don't remember where but I read somewhere that Storm is bound by the natural laws of weather on Earth and as such cannot create storms or weather that would be caused by an appearance of too much...atmosphere? I guess would be the word. She can't circumvent natural weather patterns in order to make a hurricane that covers the planet is essentially what I'm getting at. Since Thor's power is magical he can essentially do whatever he wants to the weather of the planet. Someone should know what I'm talking about if they could clarify

I think I read the same thing on this very site.

#37 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

In one of the latest Thor comics a young Thor before he got his hammer made it rain fire on a dead planet with it working against him.

#38 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

In one of the latest Thor comics a young Thor before he got his hammer made it rain fire on a dead planet with it working against him.

I know this comic. But how did it work against him?

#39 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: It was lacking the things to make up a Storm. In fact none of the gods could use their powers suggesting something about the planted was turned into a place where gods couldn't use their abilities.

#40 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@novi_homines: It was lacking the things to make up a Storm. In fact none of the gods could use their powers suggesting something about the planted was turned into a place where gods couldn't use their abilities.

Yeah, Lol that's why I think its actually a feat of Thor's weather manipulating abilities. His granddaughter was a weather manipulator as well, but couldn't even create a single raindrop.

#41 Edited by RedLantern23 (883 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Storm.

#42 Posted by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has stronger control over weather.

Storm has better.

#43 Posted by Malachi_Munroe (924 posts) - - Show Bio

this is tricky , in terms of manifesting weather effects Thor...he has more control over the raw power output and usually overwhelms his foes , but fine tune control i give that to storm , apparently storm can manipulate what certain elements are made of i.e water is made of hydrogen and oxygen and storm gathered hydrogen directly but like i said overall i think Thor has better control because he can manifest an effect without disrupting the natural flow of the planet (in storm's case everything she does is "borrowed" from somewhere else , like comparing Emma to Charles while Charles may have more power output than Emma , what she lacks in power she makes up in skill ..making her a foe not to undersetimate

#44 Edited by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

No question. No doubt.

#45 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor

#46 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

Controlling the weather is more like a magical ability, that Storm developed these powers as part of a natural evolution (that is to say mutant powers) is somewhat far fetched.

#47 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (924 posts) - - Show Bio

Controlling the weather is more like a magical ability, that Storm developed these powers as part of a natural evolution (that is to say mutant powers) is somewhat far fetched.

well her ancestor was a sorceress with the same ability...perhaps what you said might be true...