#51 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

I would think flash because he has the laws of physics working for him

#52 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

the question should be..."who has a stronger 3-inch punch"

#53 Posted by Dratini1331 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Theoretically, the equations I gave also say that going FTL or Light speed is impossible, so yeah, go figure ;) Also, if Superman hits at light sped, it could feasibly cause that amount of damage. He is super crazy dense, which is why he hits super hard and can take a beating IIRC. his superior density means superior mass, and a significant mass will cause a significant amount of damage. Of coarse, the damage in the picture implies that he weighs enough to probably fall through most floors, but hey, comics.

I honestly might make a super post about the physics of a punch and such later, since it seems like an interesting topic to discuss and theorize about.

#54 Edited by xxxddd (3428 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

Flash hits harder.

The two main flashes(Wally and Barry), yes.

I'm unaware about the rest.

EDIT: I did not mean to sound like Dr. Seuss.

#55 Edited by Dratini1331 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: But rhymes are really hard to perform! um, ... um ... I really like her-dorm? Ah, um... I'm a bad poet...

#56 Posted by Funsiized (3150 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: You could be a poet,

And you wouldn't even know it!

So don't be afraid,

And JUST GO SHOW IT!

#57 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

if ur gonna punch, isnt it stronger if ur gonna punch in a speed of light?

Your answer is here.

#58 Edited by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's one for ya nerds, photons travel at light speed....when they hit us at light speed why don't we feel it hitting us at the strength of a 'white dwarf' stars.

That's because photons are tiny and like the Flash they have the punching power of a wet paper bag

FLASH FACTS: The IMP terribly is over-rated, it needs time to charge. It's kinda like Flash throwing all his speed into one last prayer, a hail maryplay punch.

An IMP never killed anyone, Zum survived it and Zoom survives it, they have low durability anyways yet they survive which leads me to believe an IMP is no more powerful than a punch from Wonder Woman.... people on Superman and above have killed people with their punches, Flash has not this strength

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/0/4/37800-3824-42386-1-wonder-woman.jpg

As for his speed blitz, Supergirl can tank it, Wonder Woman survives the blitz, Grodd can tank his blitz

Flash is not about 'stronger' he's about 'speed'

#59 Posted by Dratini1331 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by sync1 (2154 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed of light punch ftw.

#61 Posted by catofellow (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash running at light speed and throwing a punch should not count toward his punching power. Can he through a punch at the speed of light while stationary, or taking a step or pivot as in a real punch?

#62 Posted by Pokeysteve (7026 posts) - - Show Bio

@tparks said:

Everyone should follow this link about common strength and speed misconceptions, it will show how Flash can punch harder then just about the entire comic universe. SPEED/STRENGTH

Also, here's a scan that shows Wonder Woman saying Zoom's punches hurt more then Superman's because he can run light speed, not because of his strength.

This example sort of works against you. Superman was actually able to knock Wonder Woman out for a few seconds. Zoom couldn't. She is probably comparing Zoom's punch to a normal Superman punch.

#63 Edited by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

A standing punch? Superman

A momentum punch? Flash

Thread/

#64 Posted by New_World_Order (11201 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. People need to stop putting the laws of physics into comics, it does not work. I swear Wally has like 2 imping feats, and they don't put him above Superman. Has the writers of DC ever shown a clear example of Wally having superior striking feats than Superman? The answer is no.

#65 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (4693 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the circumstance

#66 Posted by Immortal777 (5922 posts) - - Show Bio

It all depends really Superman should be able to do an IMP as well.

#67 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade:

photons don't have any mass. it would literally be impossible for you to feel light on your skin, because photons have no mass.

the flash does have mass.

ten points to gryffindor

except not

the flash's IMP'd a white martian and one-shot it. the same white martians with a higher durability than superman.

#68 Posted by hart7668 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are seriously misunderstanding something. Punching is a SNAPPING motion, not a PUSHING motion. Weightlifting =/= Striking power. Now, in comics, clearly there are some discrepencies, but generally this is true. If Flash's punches would end up hurting himself due to his speed, then simply traveling at the speeds he does would cause him harm.

#69 Edited by AngryHulks (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331 said:

@angryhulks: Theoretically, the equations I gave also say that going FTL or Light speed is impossible, so yeah, go figure ;) Also, if Superman hits at light sped, it could feasibly cause that amount of damage. He is super crazy dense, which is why he hits super hard and can take a beating IIRC. his superior density means superior mass, and a significant mass will cause a significant amount of damage. Of coarse, the damage in the picture implies that he weighs enough to probably fall through most floors, but hey, comics.

I honestly might make a super post about the physics of a punch and such later, since it seems like an interesting topic to discuss and theorize about.

Well, last time I checked, Superman's weigh as much as a bodybuilder of his height, in another word, he's no denser or any more massive than normal human.

At least some Superman's writers explain that Superman's durability come from his micrometer-thin bioelectric aura (force field if you will), which allows him to have superhuman durability without altering his bodily matter composition.

#70 Posted by Dratini1331 (6416 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Weird, then physics fail to describe anything he can do, unless his aura also causes the impact. He literally makes negative sense. The best we can do though would be applying our own physics, in which velocity is the defining factor of the force of an impact, and is proportionally equal to mass in defining impulse. Flash, with our understanding of physics, should hit harder.

#71 Edited by ommnomnomnom (53 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by gav (430 posts) - - Show Bio

I have seen better punching feats of Superman than Flash, so Superman. I'm open to change my mind with impressive Flash punching feats, keeping in mind this is a punch to punch comparison (raw power) not who can punch faster/more (obviously Flash).

#73 Posted by Bruticus112 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: You forget something though. Brutes usually pack a lot of mass and their immense strength should be enough to accelerate their punches quickly, even if they dont have super speed.

#74 Posted by NighThunder (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

superman in new52 hits hard enough to topple a mountain

#75 Posted by heymanjack (707 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash with zoom's vibrating hand death touch PENETRATING his body. Standing still and clearly hurt, punches zoom with a punch at LIGHTSPEED with a force of a white dwarf star.

#76 Edited by Bruticus112 (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668: But there is something you misunderstand aswell.

http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-training/boxing-workouts/why-lifting-weights-wont-increase-punching-power

Basically it says there why weight lifting is pretty much useless if you want to throw a punch with a snapping motion. But, look at the end of the article.

"The reason why some people punch harder with weights is because their technique sucks. If you don’t know how to use your body weight, then sure…doing things like strengthening your muscles and trying to push your fist through your opponent might help. Telling me you need weights to punch harder is like saying you need a swim suit to swim fast. I don’t dispute that weights MIGHT make me punch harder…but the truth is, I already punch damn hard just as it is right now.".

If you push your punch, then strength alone could make you hit harder. This is probably one of the many answers to why super strong characters even without super speed hit so hard. They push their punches. Also super strong characters usually has a lot of mass, and let's not forget super hard fists.

#77 Posted by SlimJ87D (8926 posts) - - Show Bio
#78 Edited by SlimJ87D (8926 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash with zoom's vibrating hand death touch PENETRATING his body. Standing still and clearly hurt, punches zoom with a punch at LIGHTSPEED with a force of a white dwarf star.

Just t let you know, it's not "force." The only relationship that can be compared is "Energy."

#79 Posted by heymanjack (707 posts) - - Show Bio
#80 Posted by Raw_Material (3207 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of these people will say Flash, but in reality Superman definitely has the stronger punch. Flash punching Superman is almost like a train going head on with a thick steel wall (let's say the steel is vibranium).

#81 Posted by Freefa11 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

If it only hit with the "force" of a white dwarf star, then it wasn't moving lightspeed. Massive bodies magically attaining lightspeed would hit with infinite kinetic energy. (Of course, just getting to lightspeed in the first place would require an infinite amount of energy, which is where the "magically" part comes in). A white dwarf obviously has less than this. Although, exactly what "hits like a white dwarf star" means is pretty vague. Is it like the gravitational pull of one? Is it like a normal person punching with a fist that's stupidly heavy? What?

The "infinite mass punch" is essentially hyperbole. It is based on relativity, but at no point do any of Flash's punches actually hit with infinite mass, so the whole effect is exaggerated by fans. In terms of demonstrated damage or affecting an object, Superman's best punches seem more impressive.

One thing with Flash's writing that really bugs me is tossing in half-ass relativity. I get that comic physics don't match real-world ones in general, and that there needs to be some suspension of disbelief. Fine. But with Flash, the writers went out of their way to invent this thing called the "Speed Force," that very conveniently gave an in-universe explanation for how Flash's powers could work despite not seeming to function at all like Newtonian or Relativistic forces. Okay, basically magic, but it works. But then some obnoxious writer had to go and try mixing "real" physics back into his powers anyway, and you just end up with the same problems the speed force was supposed to address in the first place. Totally pointless.

#82 Posted by dondave (26917 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash

#83 Posted by SlimJ87D (8926 posts) - - Show Bio
#84 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

White Dwarf Star Punch >>>> Planetary Punch

#85 Posted by heymanjack (707 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11: That's how it goes in comics man. Where Superman can save lives by dancing. Totally ridiculous but it happened.

#86 Posted by AngryHulks (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: By feats, Superman punched with pretty much the same magnitude as Flash's Infinity Mass Punch (sometimes even harder).

#87 Posted by King_Namor (649 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a tie. Due to speed alone Flash can punch a lot faster and harder than Kal-El.

#88 Posted by AngryHulks (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a tie. Due to speed alone Flash can punch a lot faster and harder than Kal-El.

I think you've contradicted yourself here.

How could it be tie if Flash can punch harder?

#89 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack:

That has got to be the most bullsh*t I have seen in a comic to date.

#90 Posted by King_Namor (649 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: Sorry, I didnt realize I did that. I do still think its a tie overall. Superman's strength is almost limitless, and Flash's speed is almost limitless. So in my mind this is a tie.

#91 Posted by New_World_Order (11201 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash.

#92 Posted by MonsterStomp (13177 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman hits harder.

#93 Posted by Freefa11 (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11: That's how it goes in comics man. Where Superman can save lives by dancing. Totally ridiculous but it happened.

Yeah, Superman can also literally kill Darkseid by singing to him. I know, comics are crazy.

#94 Posted by Dredeuced (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@freefa11: Well I mean, Batman and Barry killed Darkseid by shooting him with poison and literally running Death into him. Superman just kind of sung him away so he wouldn't come back I guess? I dunno final crisis was a mess.

#95 Posted by Saren (24348 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman mostly dissipated the last embers of Darkseid. He was technically still alive, he only really died once and for all at the end of The Return of Bruce Wayne.

#96 Posted by Dredeuced (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman mostly dissipated the last embers of Darkseid. He was technically still alive, he only really died once and for all at the end of The Return of Bruce Wayne.

You know who punches harder than Superman and Flash?

Shazam.

I bet that guy could knock down Superman.

#97 Edited by Bossmonster (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: ?? Really??

Why faster than The Flash? Which Flash are we talking here as I just would not understand this.

#98 Edited by Dredeuced (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

?? Really??

Why faster than The Flash? Which Flash are we talking here as I just would not understand this.

Superman flew from Pluto to Earth at speeds that indicate massively faster than light travel time. In the New-52, Flash has done nothing to indicate he can go hundreds of times lightspeed like Superman clearly did. While Flash may have superior reaction time and combat speed, he clearly can't move in a straight line faster than Supes.

#99 Posted by Bossmonster (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced: I was talking about Shazam.

Also, I recall a image of the Flash Moving like have a million people 45 miles two by two in under a second. If needed , I'll look the scan up, but I think that's several times faster than the speed of light.

#100 Posted by Dredeuced (4438 posts) - - Show Bio

@dredeuced:

I was talking about Shazam.

Also, I recall a image of the Flash Moving like have a million people 45 miles two by two in under a second. If needed , I'll look the scan up, but I think that's several times faster than the speed of light.

Different Flash, that's Wally West.

The Shazam comment was a little joke. In the recently release JL #22, Shazam punched Superman and Billy, being the kid he is, cracked a huge grin and shouted "I just knocked down Superman!" That's where Citizenbane's new avatar comes from.