#1 Posted by megamoses10 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

who is more moral and just in their way of thinking and actions.

superman

or

captain america (steve rogers)

#2 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap>Post-FP Superman.  
 
Cap=Pre-FP Superman.

#3 Posted by megamoses10 (81 posts) - - Show Bio

link to superman http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/

link to captain america http://www.comicvine.com/captain-america/29-1442/

#4 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio

they're about equal

#5 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if i'm not mistaken, Superman wouldn't take a life pre flashpoint...PERIOD, even the most irredeemable villain, such as Lex, he believed he could save, Cap, while very moral in his own right, when push came to shove, he would kill, he is a soldier after all, so i say Superman is more moral, at least where human life is concerned  

#6 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America, as demonstrated during Civil War.

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@yumyumbubblegum said:

Captain America, as demonstrated during Civil War.

Superman demonstrated a similar course of action in Public Enemies
#8 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Captain America, as demonstrated during Civil War.

Superman demonstrated a similar course of action in Public Enemies

You mean not killing Lex?

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Cap>Post-FP Superman. Cap=Pre-FP Superman.

This. I hate DCnU SuperD**che

Moderator
#10 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@yumyumbubblegum said:

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Captain America, as demonstrated during Civil War.

Superman demonstrated a similar course of action in Public Enemies

You mean not killing Lex?

That and keeping his moral code when facing down other heroes and villains who all think of him as an enemy of the state....
#11 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@megamoses10: Read the Battles forum rules.

This is not a battle and does not belong here.

#12 Posted by Illuminatus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:

@Illuminatus said:

Cap>Post-FP Superman. Cap=Pre-FP Superman.

This. I hate DCnU SuperD**che

He's not nearly as douche-y as Hal, but agreed.
#13 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@megamoses10: Read the Battles forum rules.

This is not a battle and does not belong here.

It's Superman vs Cap in a battle of morals.

#14 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@megamoses10: Read the Battles forum rules.

This is not a battle and does not belong here.

It's Superman vs Cap in a battle of morals.

It's not a battle as Battles work on this forum.

#15 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Captain America, as demonstrated during Civil War.

Superman demonstrated a similar course of action in Public Enemies

You mean not killing Lex?

That and keeping his moral code when facing down other heroes and villains who all think of him as an enemy of the state....
  1. Superman will never kill Lex, the same way Batman will never kill the Joker. That's a given.
  2. What's so morally distinguishable about your second point? Public Enemies Superman isn't DCnU Supes. He'll always question the situation first, before hitting something.
#16 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (4496 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. I'm more partial to Marvel and it's hereoes, but you have to admit, Superman is more moral then any Hero. The dude has the potential to be a God and yet follows and respects the laws set by man. He could have eradicated crime. How? Killing so many criminals no one else would dare sneeze in public witthout covering there nose. He's never killed..even while brainwashed.

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12274 posts) - - Show Bio
@yumyumbubblegum said:

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Captain America, as demonstrated during Civil War.

Superman demonstrated a similar course of action in Public Enemies

You mean not killing Lex?

That and keeping his moral code when facing down other heroes and villains who all think of him as an enemy of the state....
  1. Superman will never kill Lex, the same way Batman will never kill the Joker. That's a given.
  2. What's so morally distinguishable about your second point? Public Enemies Superman isn't DCnU Supes. He'll always question the situation first, before hitting something.
1. I know this and didn't question it
2. I had no idea he meant DCnU Supes as he didn't specifically state that....why would anyone assume its DCnU anyway  the guy hasn't really done that much yet.. He just probably used the picture because it looked cool
#18 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

@cattlebattle said:

@yumyumbubblegum said:

Captain America, as demonstrated during Civil War.

Superman demonstrated a similar course of action in Public Enemies

You mean not killing Lex?

That and keeping his moral code when facing down other heroes and villains who all think of him as an enemy of the state....
  1. Superman will never kill Lex, the same way Batman will never kill the Joker. That's a given.
  2. What's so morally distinguishable about your second point? Public Enemies Superman isn't DCnU Supes. He'll always question the situation first, before hitting something.
1. I know this and didn't question it 2. I had no idea he meant DCnU Supes as he didn't specifically state that....why would anyone assume its DCnU anyway the guy hasn't really done that much yet.. He just probably used the picture because it looked cool
  1. Hence the reason why it's not a credible statement to back up Superman's morality.
  2. I was actually referring to pre-Flashpoint Superman and using DCnU Supes to contrast between the two.
#19 Posted by Saren (24303 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a battle.

Moderator
#20 Posted by HolySerpent (12337 posts) - - Show Bio

It's battle of better morals,anyway. I say Supes. And what makes DCnu Supes a douche

#21 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent:  
 

And what makes DCnu Supes a douche

nothing, people are just whining because he's actually confident on the battlefield, which i find kind of weird considering one of the main complaints about the old superman was that he was too soft.
#22 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, he is just a super boy scout.

#23 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Superman. I'm more partial to Marvel and it's hereoes, but you have to admit, Superman is more moral then any Hero. The dude has the potential to be a God and yet follows and respects the laws set by man. He could have eradicated crime. How? Killing so many criminals no one else would dare sneeze in public witthout covering there nose. He's never killed..even while brainwashed.

That's a fallacious argument. The problem with it is you created a false dichotomy. You're saying Superman has the moral high ground just because he doesn't kill trillions of villains. Well how many heroes have that ability? Not many. You see, Supes possess a level of power unattainable by most heroes. They would never have to deal with the issue of becoming a benevolent or malevolent "God of the cosmos". What makes you think Cap wouldn't do the same was Supes giving the opportunity?

Well, morality is relative. This could just go back and forth.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wise Son said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Superman. I'm more partial to Marvel and it's hereoes, but you have to admit, Superman is more moral then any Hero. The dude has the potential to be a God and yet follows and respects the laws set by man. He could have eradicated crime. How? Killing so many criminals no one else would dare sneeze in public witthout covering there nose. He's never killed..even while brainwashed.

That's a fallacious argument. The problem with it is you created a false dichotomy. You're saying Superman has the moral high ground just because he doesn't kill trillions of villains. Well how many heroes have that ability? Not many. You see, Supes possess a level of power unattainable by most heroes. They would never have to deal with the issue of becoming a benevolent or malevolent "God of the cosmos". What makes you think Cap wouldn't do the same was Supes giving the opportunity?

Well, morality is relative. This could just go back and forth.

I agree with this. His argument is definitely a fallacy.No superheroes that are even close to Superman's level, kill villains because they can. Cap wouldn't kill villains either way. Actually the entire premise of thread doesn't seem to make much sense. It's not like Superman and Captain America are more moral than ANYONE else that calls themselves a hero. They do what they have to do and avoid casualties whether that be hero,villain,or civilian at all costs. That's what it means to be a "superhero" aside from having "superpowers".
Moderator
#25 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Wise Son said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Superman. I'm more partial to Marvel and it's hereoes, but you have to admit, Superman is more moral then any Hero. The dude has the potential to be a God and yet follows and respects the laws set by man. He could have eradicated crime. How? Killing so many criminals no one else would dare sneeze in public witthout covering there nose. He's never killed..even while brainwashed.

That's a fallacious argument. The problem with it is you created a false dichotomy. You're saying Superman has the moral high ground just because he doesn't kill trillions of villains. Well how many heroes have that ability? Not many. You see, Supes possess a level of power unattainable by most heroes. They would never have to deal with the issue of becoming a benevolent or malevolent "God of the cosmos". What makes you think Cap wouldn't do the same was Supes giving the opportunity?

Well, morality is relative. This could just go back and forth.

I agree with this. His argument is definitely a fallacy.No superheroes that are even close to Superman's level, kill villains because they can. Cap wouldn't kill villains either way. Actually the entire premise of thread doesn't seem to make much sense. It's not like Superman and Captain America are more moral than ANYONE else that calls themselves a hero. They do what they have to do and avoid casualties whether that be hero,villain,or civilian at all costs. That's what it means to be a "superhero" aside from having "superpowers".

Bingo.

#26 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@megamoses10: Read the Battles forum rules.

This is not a battle and does not belong here.

It's Superman vs Cap in a battle of morals.

It's not a battle as Battles work on this forum.

I've seen battles like this approved before. Just recently too but I can't remember specifically which one.

#27 Posted by ThexX (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#28 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@Pokeysteve said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@megamoses10: Read the Battles forum rules.

This is not a battle and does not belong here.

It's Superman vs Cap in a battle of morals.

It's not a battle as Battles work on this forum.

I've seen battles like this approved before. Just recently too but I can't remember specifically which one.

And yet, this was in fact moved. So I guess the mods agree with me.

#29 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Probably depends on the mod.

#30 Posted by Billy Batson (56869 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83 said:

Superman. I'm more partial to Marvel and it's hereoes, but you have to admit, Superman is more moral then any Hero. The dude has the potential to be a God and yet follows and respects the laws set by man. He could have eradicated crime. How? Killing so many criminals no one else would dare sneeze in public witthout covering there nose. He's never killed..even while brainwashed.

He has.
BB

#31 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman makes Captain America look like Kurt Angle.

#32 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

Morally they are equal. Neither has an advantage.

However, I would say Captain America is more practical about his morality while Superman is more idealistic about his.

#33 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27303 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:

@HolySerpent:  
 

And what makes DCnu Supes a douche

nothing, people are just whining because he's actually confident on the battlefield, which i find kind of weird considering one of the main complaints about the old superman was that he was too soft.
Exactly what I was going to say!
Online
#34 Edited by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  
 


Morally they are equal. Neither has an advantage.

However, I would say Captain America is more practical about his morality while Superman is more idealistic about his.

 
    

Wow..that actually sums it up nicely...and the pic is all types of awesome 
#35 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

#36 Posted by Lvenger (15993 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Discounting New 52, he's only ever killed pocket universe Zod and Ursa as they had destroyed a world or civilisation, something along those lines and he regretted doing that greatly. And also Doomsday but technically Doomsday was a mindless beast back then and had to be put down. Cap's killed more people I believe being a soldier during WWII and in several other issues as well. In terms of their own personal morals, Cap's are all about preserving more American values e.g the American Dream whereas Superman's focus on upholding the best aspects of humanity as that is what he was raised to believe in.

#37 Posted by Killerjax (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I just got New 52 Superman, and i dont get what the complaints are about?

#38 Posted by The Stegman (20723 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killerjax: just as i said above, nothing, as  long as Superman exists, people will find a reason to hate him.
#39 Posted by Killerjax (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Killerjax: just as i said above, nothing, as long as Superman exists, people will find a reason to hate him.

Lol i see :P

#40 Posted by fodigg (6094 posts) - - Show Bio

The most moral character in comics:

Which is why Brand New Day is such an insult to the character.

Batman is also very strident in his morality, but he has some hangups regarding trust and privacy. He's also just not very nice sometimes, which is, obviously, less important but still a morality issue.