• 88 results
#1 Edited by Magnus/Murdock (428 posts) - - Show Bio

My mother bought me  Wizard megazine when I was about 8, after reading it, I became interested in comics especially F4, Teen Titans, and Spidey. I began to loose interest in F4 and TT when I was about 12. Then, my grandfather bought me a comic titled Daredevil: The Man Without Fear.....

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91071 posts) - - Show Bio

My Sister and the 90's X-men cartoon.

#3 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio

Wal-Mart, I bought a Captain America toy and it came with The Origin of Captain America comic book, and I;ve been a comic fan ever since (I was 8 or 9)

#4 Posted by EvLJEsT (138 posts) - - Show Bio

I went to a Stop and Go, and there was a copy of Xmen laying near the magazine section, i haven't stopped reading since

#5 Edited by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio
EvLJEsT said:
I went to a Stop and Go, and there was a copy of Xmen laying near the magazine section, i ... [more]
Thats me, I'm addicted (I need help, lol)
#6 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

My cousin took me to a nearby comic book store when I was 12 or 13. The rest.... is history. ;-)

#7 Posted by Witch_Doctor (693 posts) - - Show Bio

When i heard about Runaways :]

#8 Posted by Sleuth (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman: The Animated Series

#9 Edited by Magnus/Murdock (428 posts) - - Show Bio
Sleuth said:
Batman: The Animated Series
a classic, that made me got into comics too
#10 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

The 90's X-Men cartoon.

I saw Storm, and fell in love..............I really hadn't seen any black female superheroes before (Kendra does not count).

#11 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhhhh...memories

#12 Posted by Paragon (7293 posts) - - Show Bio

Mark Hoppus of blink-182.

He was talking about Civil War on his blog, which re-sparked my interest.

#13 Edited by Dane (10588 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was a kid there was a fair with showbags and stuff, one of them had random junk it but among those it had a Captain America comic.

This one.

I read it and I just thought that it was the coolest sh#t ever. Captain America defeated these dudes with freaking Uzi's and goddamn Lady Deathstrike with a freaking concave disk of metal and his goddamn love of liberty. That sh#t was off the chain when you were about 10 years old. I actually read it so much the cover fell off, it was awesome. After that I started buying Wolverine and X-Men comics and other Marvels. It wasn't until quite a few years later that I picked up some DC comics and got into those.
#14 Posted by Girth (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

90's X-Men cartoon, Batman: the animated series, and Spider-man: the animated series.

#15 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom, Spider-man, Batman & Robin and Deadpool

#16 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

a spiderman comic, the rest nuff said

#17 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

My uncle possessed an old comics books of Captain America. It was older than me at the time,. (When I read it, I was only 6 or 7.) and I've not began to buyit myself untill I was 15, but I've never forget it.  

#18 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

archi and jugghead xD

#19 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends

#20 Posted by Robin the Boy Wonder (8 posts) - - Show Bio

My own name, which is Robin. Haha.

#21 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Real Life people?:my dad and oldest brother my dad was crazy about thor and silver surfer my brother was into iron man.

First comics?:thor,Silver surfer,Force works,West Coast avengers

Good stuff

#22 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth:

Your dad must have died from happiness when he read  Silver Surfer #4
#23 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

he's more of a thor guy than surfer

#24 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh The Iron Man cartoon Hulk cartoon and FF4 cartoon.

the Iron Man theme was the sh!t

#25 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember picking up a copy of the Spider-Man video game based on the movie when I was 11 or 12, and from there I found out more about Spider-Man then the rest of the Marvel Universe.

#26 Posted by Mortein (2683 posts) - - Show Bio

My first American Comic book was Spider-man, and I was 8 or 9.

#27 Edited by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Calvin and Hobbes  - only exists in the form of comic!
  • Star Wars  - Movies aren't enought for me.....
  • Spider-man  - because of the 90s' animated TV series)
#28 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man. My second grade teacher had some issues on her bookshelf in class.

#29 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched all the shows on TV back in the day, but I was more concerned with the flashy powers and the badassery of certain characters. I was more about the bright lights, so when I went down to the pharmacy to get my comics, I would just look at the pictures (it was around the time when Cerebro was posing as Xavier and he made the fake X-Men based on a bunch of different X-Men like Grey King and Mercury and the such). After that pharmacy burned down, I didn't really get into comics again until...like...2005. I would go down to this comic shop up the street from where I lived and blow all my money on comics.

#30 Posted by Icarusflies (12409 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought a real book based on the Vertigo Sandman series. (I did not know it was based on anything when I bought it). I really liked it, so I bought the 1st volume of the Sandman. I liked it even more than the book, bought the rest of the series over the course of a few weeks, and then started branching out to other kinds of comics.

#31 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
Spider-Man. My second grade teacher had some issues on her bookshelf in class.
O_O Your teacher didn't think Spider-Man books were to "Sexy"...Weird
#32 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox_kitty said:
Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends
2nded... looks like we show our age... However, it was in reruns in the mid 80s when i saw it
Staff
#33 Posted by War Killer (19867 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
xerox_kitty said: Spider-Man & his Amazing Friends 2nded... looks like we show our age... However, it was in reruns in ... [more]
I've only seen a few episods in whole life, but I'm just not into old shows like that 
#34 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

my boyfriend many years ago, dumped him kept the comics

#35 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Tlieso said:
good for you... keep his stuff, sell it on ebay
Staff
#36 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
Lady Tlieso said: my boyfriend many years ago, dumped him kept the comics good for you... keep his stuff, sell ... [more]
action figures yes, the comics I'm keeping ;)
#37 Posted by jloneblackheart (5494 posts) - - Show Bio

when i was young until i was about 13 or 14 they used to sell comics in the supermarket so that's what i would do instead of shopping with my mom. I wish they still had them there and I'd do the same thing when i go shopping with my girlfriend every week.

#38 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Tlieso said:

@inferiorego:

LOL !!
#39 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Devil Tiger: that's why I'm here
Staff
#40 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego:
Ouch....O_o
#41 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched Batman: The Animated Series when I was a kid. I love Barbara Gordon in the animated series and that's when I first picked up comics.

#42 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

My cousin was the biggest storm fan ever...   and we watched every episode of any X-men show

#43 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to watch all the 90's superheroes shows and thought they were so cool. But it wasn't until I was in high school I was looking online and saw the Spider-Man vs Superman comic on ebay and was like, "NO WAY!" I've been sold since.

#44 Posted by Webstad (275 posts) - - Show Bio

It all started with He-Man back in the late '80s - VERY early '90s for me.

#45 Posted by Dupe (1581 posts) - - Show Bio

It started with Donald Duck, then i saw the X-Men animated series.. after that, well it all fell in place.

#46 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

My sister the comic fiend and all her x-men collection :)

#47 Edited by Storm Rider (165 posts) - - Show Bio

My parents. My dad was into the Marvel stuff of the 60s and they were buying me comics before I could even read them. I remember I couldn't wait to start my first day of school so I could come back home and actually read the books to myself (I was way overconfident in the public education system back then!). Yes, my entire motivation for going to school in kindergarten was to be able to read my comics!

#48 Posted by jesterlichloath (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

the 90s xmen cartoon and my older cousin

#49 Posted by TheSavageAssasin (2761 posts) - - Show Bio

My Grandma She worked in a thrift store and they would always get comics in and when i was six she bought me Spider-Man #1 By:Todd McFarlane X-Men Winter Special 1991 and a superman issue right after he came Back actually the issue he came back well i guess she didn't get me into comic charachters but she did get me into comic books
i got into comic book superheroes when i was two when my mom bought me a batman toy when i was 2 and then i got into Btas and all the 90's animated comic series

#50 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading trade paperbacks after the Dark Knight movie hit, but I became fully into it after hearing about Batman dieing.