This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dondave (36619 posts) - - Show Bio

Just having a rant on how I think DC has made Superman too strong.

If i get any replies i'll add my reasons as to why I think so.

#2 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

who else thinks that thor is too strong
who else thinks that surfer is too strong
who else thinks that......

#3 Posted by dondave (36619 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean in the sense that Superman in one citizen of probably millions of kryptonians and he stronger than every other person on the planet earth

#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20171 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not overpowered. He just has a lot of PIS a times.

"Be water my friend"

#5 Posted by The Stegman (24017 posts) - - Show Bio
His name is SUPERman
#6 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone in the DC universe is pretty much Superman's equal. lol

#7 Posted by dondave (36619 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it though Wondeer Woman has superhuman strength Granted by Demeter (Goddess of the Earth). Diana is literally as strong as the Earth because of her link to the planet granted to her by Demeter. and still superman is stronger than her: while superman is a average kyrponian citizen

#8 Edited by Wolfrazer (6501 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is powered by the sun. But going by that logic, then all the demigods(Hercules and all the others) should be better then any person. But they are not, everyone is on a certain level.

#9 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Supes is not too strong. its part of his charecter he's supposed to be one of the most powerful people on DC earth.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24882 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh good another "I think (Enter hero here) is over powered because I lack the imagination to see the possibilities in the power level of said character" threads.

#11 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Think about it though Wondeer Woman has superhuman strength Granted by Demeter (Goddess of the Earth). Diana is literally as strong as the Earth because of her link to the planet granted to her by Demeter. and still superman is stronger than her: while superman is a average kyrponian citizen

Who has been exposed to the yellow sun practically all his life.

#12 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

supernoob vibe *leaves thread*

#13 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

while superman is a average kyrponian citizen

Bahahaha!

The answer is no, Superman is not too strong, never has been too strong, and never will be too strong.

#14 Posted by joshmightbe (24882 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok with the WW argument look at it this way She gets her strength from the Earth Supes gets his strength from the Sun Sun>>>>Earth therefore Superman's Strength greater than Wonder Woman's there problem solved

#15 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

No I feel that he is not using his powers to the fullest at times

#16 Posted by IZZR (4289 posts) - - Show Bio

How is he too strong? its who he is! Its like saying is Silver Surfer too silver? He was made to be the main powerhouse in DC P.I.S has nothing to do with it, infact i see it as PIS when others beat him, this is someone whith limitless potential especially sundipped.

#17 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman isnt "too strong" its part of his character, plus he's a solar based being which explains why he is so strong in conjunction with the erath's gravity etc. It's just that his strength coupled with flying at light speeds tends to make some people thing he is on (for want of a better refference) skyfather level. 

Out of curiosity whats Superman's single biggest strength feat pre-52 (excluding Silver age) and post-52??

#18 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's supposed to be invicible

#19 Posted by Jack Donaghy (980 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny how people always have a problem with Superman being "too strong" but have no problem with characters as strong as him if not stronger (Silver Surfer, GL, Martian Manhunter, Thor, most DBZ characters etc.)

#20 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

No I feel that he is not using his powers to the fullest at times

Co-Signed

#21 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Here we go...

Nope not really, but he is supposed to be the strongest....That's the whole point of Superman.

#22 Posted by lilcraig92 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he is but i really dont care but it seem like if superman eva face someone stronger than him, it wont be juss a superman problem it will be a whole league problem bcuz if superman cant win, who can.

#23 Posted by giantsfan576 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by SOG7dc (7021 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one of these threads.....Boone makes these for Thor or silver surfer or WW or MM or Hyperion or mr majestic. superman gets so much hate

#25 Posted by dondave (36619 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh Crap,why is still open, this thread was from a time of misinformation

#26 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is being underpowered these days.

#27 Posted by SOG7dc (7021 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by MonsterStomp (17091 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Don't you just hate that? You say something nearly a year ago and someone pulls you up on it now. Everyone is basically a noob when they start :P

#30 Posted by JetiiMitra (8530 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: I think you can ask a mod to lock it. Worth a shot at least. Either way, I'm glad you have changed your opinion on the topic.

#31 Posted by russellmania77 (15034 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree

#32 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

judging from when this was made. yes i do agree with you. His most powerful feats dont match his normal consistency

#33 Posted by Bezza (3528 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is not over-powered. You could argue that marvel's Sentry, Hyperion, Silver Surfer etc are more over-powered!

#34 Edited by Lvenger (19373 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Do you still think Superman is overpowered? I thought his Pre Flashpoint power level was just right. He was clearly one of the most powerful beings on the planet but there were still plenty of people who could overpower him. And New 52 Superman is overshadowed by a good few beings in the New 52 so far. Helspont, H'El, Darkseid, Captain Atom, Despero, Wraith, Kyle Rayner as a white lantern, Doomsday (when he shows up in the New 52) and arguably Martian Manhunter and The First Born (he did beat up Wonder Woman and Orion without breaking a sweat)

#35 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman shills, they want superman down

there is a conspiracy

#36 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7848 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Yeah, I had that happen to me once.

@mercy_ Would you mind locking this thread for him? He's getting blasted for it....

#37 Posted by Reactor (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Hahaha, that used to happen to me too. Sucks don't it?

#38 Posted by Lvenger (19373 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Woops my bad for not seeing this :P