#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

anybody else LOVE his artwork besides me???

#2 Posted by JediXMan (29245 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan. He's tolerable because he works along side Grant Morrison. But, for me, he was the worst part of We3.

#3 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: man i love him. my fav artists are Frank Quitely, Jim Lee, Michael Turner (turner and lee are interchangeable) and of course Clayton Crain

#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan, though I don't like that he takes so long to get his work out (if he gets it out at all).

Regardless of his style, he's very good at "telling a story", and his work is always clear.

#5 Edited by The_Tree (7044 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like him. His work on Batman and Robin is probably some of my favorite comic book artwork.

#6 Edited by Mucklefluga (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE HIS ART!

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14397 posts) - - Show Bio

His artwork is amazing.It's clear and it looks awesome.

#8 Posted by BumpyBoo (7613 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoy his work. It has a softness to it, if that makes any sense? Very easy on the eye :)

#9 Posted by judasnixon (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen some of his stuff that I love, and some not so much... I picked up Jupiter Legacy today, and it looked great...

@bumpyboo: You should commission Frank Queitely to draw you up a sketch of Brody Dalle's bum.....

#10 Posted by BumpyBoo (7613 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon:

Hehe, great idea! ;) Although I am not sure he could do it justice... :P

#11 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

It's...mediocre.

#12 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

His art is fantastic.

@chronus said:

It's...mediocre.

I'm sure you could do better.

#13 Edited by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Gary Frank, there are things he does excellent and things he does awfully. He drew a great Lois Lane and a great Dick Grayson Batman, but his Superman was pretty grungy at times. Like, Frank Miller grungy.

#14 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Love? Nope. Appreciate? Yep.

#15 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

He's definitely up there, though a lot of the time his artwork looks too wrinkly for me. Hard to explain. That, and he seems to have a fascination with really boxy faces. Seriously, take a look at Damian in some of the B&R issues. Kid has a dome like a sideways refrigerator.

#16 Edited by OldManRaffles (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently finished reading 'All-Star Superman' and I loved his artwork. It complimented the story perfectly and he brought something new and different to Superman. I have just started to read 'Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn' and his art is once again very complimentary to the tone of the story. He captures the fun of the dynamic duo and also the creepiness of the villain. My favourite artist at the moment however is Kenneth Rocafort. Simply outstanding.

#17 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: i love love love his art. i wish he would do more superman and batman. i really wish he'd get an ongoing series but a few graphic novels here and there would be good too....all i reaallly know is i want MOAR! lol

#18 Edited by JediXMan (29245 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a fan, though I don't like that he takes so long to get his work out (if he gets it out at all).

Regardless of his style, he's very good at "telling a story", and his work is always clear.

I don't know. I just felt like his artwork was a little... cluttered in We3.

#19 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by JediXMan (29245 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I still have to read it :P

You're basically the #1 Grant Morrison fan on this site, and you still haven't read We3? Tsk, tsk.

I think I'm starting to become #2 in the "Morrison Fan club" here, though :P

Personally, my problem is that We3 should have been longer - at least five issues. Morrison does his best work in the long run.

#21 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Morrison needs at least 5 issues to get into the groove, you're right (nods)

And my love for Morrison is occasionally outbalanced by lack of money and hate for (the guys in charge of)DC :P

#22 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: if you dont mind me asking what is We3?

#23 Posted by JediXMan (29245 posts) - - Show Bio
@sog7dc said:

@jedixman: if you dont mind me asking what is We3?

We3 is about 3 animals who were turned into cyborg soldiers for the military.

@jedixman: Morrison needs at least 5 issues to get into the groove, you're right (nods)

And my love for Morrison is occasionally outbalanced by lack of money and hate for (the guys in charge of)DC :P

Indeed. I love his sagas, like the Batman and New X-Men runs. I even like Final Crisis; I just think that it would have been better as a 10 issues series. Again, Morrison works his magic on the long run. The last two issues of that series is when I had problems - it was good before that.

#24 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Final Crisis really was 9 issues. Superman Beyond was totally essential to the story, and reading the whole thing in order (with FC: Submit) really makes it work so much more. I love Final Crisis.

#25 Posted by JediXMan (29245 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: Final Crisis really was 9 issues. Superman Beyond was totally essential to the story, and reading the whole thing in order (with FC: Submit) really makes it work so much more. I love Final Crisis.

I loved Final Crisis after I read Superman Beyond; it made absolutely no sense before. But I still think that the last two issues felt incredibly rushed. It should have been longer than it was, but I agree: Superman Beyond is indeed essential.

#26 Posted by Billy Batson (57704 posts) - - Show Bio

We3 is one of Quitely's stronger works. Making 3-D-images in 2-D form.

BB

#27 Edited by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really a fan. But I like the covers from Batman & Robin.