• 155 results
Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Who Do You Want in 'Man of Steel 2?' (Comic Book Question of the Week) (542 votes)

Supergirl 6%
Lex Luthor 20%
Brainiac 30%
Darkseid 5%
Doomsday 7%
Parasite 5%
Metallo 8%
Mongul 2%
Batman 8%
Wonder Woman 5%
Other 4%

Vote in the latest Comic Book Question of the Week! See the homepage for the article and an updated feature will hit the homepage on Thursday.

#51 Posted by SupBatz (1729 posts) - - Show Bio

Bizarro could be fun. If not, then I say the second movie should be a bit more small scale. The best parts of the first film were those that explored Superman's humanity, not the big action scenes. I'd be fine with a more character, less large-scale, epic, world threatening, battles.

#52 Posted by MuyJingo (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose Parasite.

Most of the choices...Brainiac, Mongul, even Metallo would be too much of a fist fight, too much destruction. Two of them are alien invasion stories again.

I want something different, which is what Parasite would offer. Kind of the opposite of people being thrown through buildings, and it would be hard for Superman to figure out how to defeat him, ala Earth One V2.

I was tempted to say Wonder Woman which could be interesting, but she deserves her own movie first.

#53 Posted by Holuntron (193 posts) - - Show Bio

If they go for a complete trilogy his next foe should be Brainiac. For the third and final movie they should timeskip a couple years and end it with a bang by bringing in Doomsday. Epic Trilogy Complete

This is exactly what I was thinking. Like TDKR except, you know, good.

#54 Posted by MrCipher (276 posts) - - Show Bio

OK first of all; the producers/writers/director blew their wad on this movie. The sci-fi aspect of Superman was front and center. The movie was a huge spectacle - visually and philosophically.

To bring Lex in as a direct threat would be lame. He is a mere mortal and they've established mortals can't touch Supes. The "using kryptonian tech to make a weapon" angle is good, and could involve Star Labs, Cadmus, etc. along with Lex funding it. There would need to be an establishment for why Lex dislikes Supes in this incarnation though.

Brainiac was essentially already done with the two ships on either side of the planet. He (or his ship) would lprobably look something like those things with the metallic tendrils and beam weapons etc. Already saw this in the 1st movie - done.

Mongul is a fantastic choice as he preserves the sci-fi aspect and doesn't have to rehash anything we've already seen - Warworld tech could be very different than kryptonian tech. Warworld would be an interesting thing since it's very presence in orbit would screw up tides and weather patterns.

Metallo is also an awesome idea. Plenty of left over kryptonian tech around, a great way to introduce kryptonite, and a villain that could have ties to Lex, Cadmus, Star Labs etc. Also he's a single threat with added associated threats so something for Supes to directly focus on, and then peripheral stuff for Lois to investigate and to create sub-plots - also put her in danger and in need of rescuing.

#55 Posted by RoTheKid (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like Brainiac is pulling ahead quite a bit! :)

#56 Edited by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Lex Luthor as the "big baddie" in the sequel, I think he would fit perfectly to the tone of the movie. And I would also love to see at least glimpses of Wonder Woman and/or Batman if the Man of Steel sequel will lead to a Justice League movie.

#57 Edited by Mr. Messy Face (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Should definitely be Lex Luthor and Brainiac combined but that wasn't an option so I just voted for Brainiac.

#58 Posted by bloggerboy (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac and Supergirl in MoS II

Lex Luthor, Superboy, Metallo and Parasite in MoS III

Doomsday (among others?) in MoS IV

#59 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6110 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor should be in it defiantly. Superman and his kind destroyed Metropolis, Superman killed Zod, and he smashed government property, then the people just flock to him. That's perfect ammunition for Luthor. Though a team up with brainiac would be nice.

#60 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaincyke said:

No option for "Superman caring about collateral damage"? Sad day.

I'm getting kind of bored with this complaint.

Agreed.

#61 Posted by Starre (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Lex could use Doomsday against superman? i'm new here by the way

#62 Posted by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

PARASITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make the Man of Steel fear for his own safety for the first time on the big screen without a Kryptonite plot device.

Agreed.

#63 Edited by Protoflash (130 posts) - - Show Bio

When they first brought up and underground alien thing at first I could've sworn it was a doomsday reference at first. So I can definitely see doomsday existing in this universe. Plus if were talking sequels and zack snyder decide to make a bonehead move, which he is known to do (Suckerpunch, Guardians of Ga-oh fuck it- the owl movie, to a certain extent watchmen with all the spartan shots) and not have lex be the villain in the next movie, maybe just a minor character that we see have a cameo on a talk show at the beginning saying superman has too much potential for danger or some shit. I think Doomsday would be a good villain for the 2nd movie as the 2nd installment in a trilogy (which appears to be what they're planning here) is usually the darkest. USUALLY. but if they do have doomsday I dont think they should kill superman. Maybe just very, very, very badly wounded or something. Because comic book "deaths" shouldn't leak into comic book movies.

#64 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

seems alot of people are favouring brainiac but after one alien invasion i think doin brainiac soon after would be too much,maybe work in Lex Luthor man of the people to bring things back down to earth and then go for brainiac in the third part.

exactly my thoughts. although we could have a secondary smaller villain with Lex in MOS2 that we havent seen in movies yet, like metallo or parasite.

#65 Edited by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

Metallo/Lex. Brainiac would be redundant.

#66 Posted by DarqKnight (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@novi_homines: I wouldn't mind having Clark reporting at a Lexcorp fundraiser/rally/conference/etc. and having a random throwaway character mention that he just missed Bruce Wayne. With a cameo at the end of the movie of Bats approaching supes in his apartment about forming an alliance... or a league of some sort, maybe justice. But that would akin back to Nick Fury and the Avengers initiative in Ironman, so maybe a Batarang with a note attached?

#67 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1104 posts) - - Show Bio

MANCHESTER BLACK!!!

#68 Posted by marvelftw (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna vote Lex, but then I noticed the question was who do I want to see (doesn't have to be a villain) and I wanna see Batman lol come one though, wouldn't that be so awesome if we saw that? That means they're practically guaranteeing a Justice League movie (or at least a World's Finest one)!

#69 Posted by BATMAN9797 (99 posts) - - Show Bio

Parasite, Braniac or Batman would be awesome

#70 Posted by mightypug78 (344 posts) - - Show Bio

doomsday would be a-ok in the 3rd or 4th film (if there is a 3rd or 4th film). that way, supermans death will have more of an impact once we get to know the new one better in the sequel(s).

#71 Edited by Immortal777 (7352 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm tired of seeing Lex Luthor in a Superman movies he was pretty much in all of them he wont bring anything new to the table. Brainiac is the best possible choice since he can bring cannon fodder that can span a time frame of 2 hour movie. Darkseid should be saved for JL movie but maybe make an appearance of some sort in MoS 2.

#72 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Brainiac as the main villain, with Lex being a supports character, with as much screen time as say... Ben Kingsley in Iron Man 3. A big character, but not the main villain

#73 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (280 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Lex Luthor (using power armor to differ from other portrayals and to make the fight more epic) or Brainiac for Man of Steel 2. Save the big guns like Doomsday or Darkseid for Man of Steel 3

#74 Posted by FlashKnight (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex. Save Brainiac for the third film.

#75 Edited by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

Too tough to say! I'm debating between Mongul, Parasite, and Brainiac! Of course I WANT to see Supergirl, Wonder Woman, and Batman (at least as cameos or a little more) but I don't want them to be the villan! Or maybe I do.... now that I think about it.

#76 Posted by Crazy_Wilhelm (64 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex and Metallo, for a different angle. Human threats and technological threats built by humans, to contrast with the Kryptonian threat in the first film. Besides, they could make a pretty cool Metallo if they wanted to.

#77 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

there should be doomsday and brainiac further down the line one in a jla movie and another in a mos sequel and also introduce another superman ally and have them die instead of clark

#78 Edited by DEGRAAF (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

I would put more of these into the next movie then the next one.

Parasite could be a villain that before he transformed worked for Lex Corp, and in the end it could be more Parasite trying to suck the life out of Superman and Lex taking this opening as a way to attack Superman. Lex (having the backing of a mob of people who dont trust "the alien") Using tech (secretly being Kryptonian war suit or something, with Brainiac being the programming). I wouldnt mind if Wonder Woman showed up to protect him as she understands what its like to be an outsider

#79 Posted by nigravirum1 (144 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see Lex again.... specifically Michael Rosenbaum as Lex because he is the best Lex Luthor ever! I dont want ever to see Brainiac ever in these movies because if he wasn't the destroyer of Krypton then he doesn't deserve to be in these movies. Thats the only way Brainiac should be there because thats his place in the Superman universe is the destroyer of Kal's world.

#80 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2961 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex and Brainiac

#81 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor/Metallo is the way to go.

#82 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2230 posts) - - Show Bio

Jimmy Olsen also needs to show up.

#83 Posted by ccraft (5202 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luthor and Supergirl

#84 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (13675 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg Superman

#85 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid!!! He is one of the coolest villains out there! After that I would say Brainiac, Luthor, Mongul.

No to Metallo, Parasite.

Heck yes to Batman! More Batman is always better!

#86 Posted by TheThe (1730 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac and Wonder Woman.

#87 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

lex Luthor or parasite.

#88 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

#89 Edited by RedHood13 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac should be saved for the third. That's superman's biggest villain! Also Darkseid is NOT Superman villain.

#90 Posted by Justthatkid (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

No Steel, John Henry Irons he could use a good film adaptation after his movie with shaq....

#91 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, Powergirl is not even on the list.

#92 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

Brainiac! with Doomsday as his henchman

#93 Posted by thebatman98 (67 posts) - - Show Bio

In this poll the ones that make the most sense to put in the sequel would be Lex Luthor,Brainiac,and Doomsday,especially considering that Brainiac and Doomsday share Kryptonian origins with Superman.If they did Doomsday though it would not be much of a mental challenge for Supes because Doomsday's not intelligent.He's DUMB in fact because all he knows how to do is kill things.But if Doomsday were to be in it then it would be a heck of an action sequence.But I don't think that Doomsday should be in it though because he's known mainly for killing Superman.I don't think that Superman should die in the second film considering he's just getting started with his superhero career.So out of those three Doomsday is out.Now it comes down to Lex Luthor and Brainiac.I don't think that Lex Luthor should be a MAIN enemy in this MOS universe.He should not be an evil genius in this MOS universe.Instead he should view the Kryptonians as a threat after what happened to Metropolis in the first film and try to get rid of any Kryptonian he spots in Metropolis again,even if it's Superman.BUT,since I'm tired of seeing Lex Luthor as the villain in Superman films and considering the fact that Brainiac has not made an appearance in a live action Superman film......I'm voting for Brainiac on this one.But that doesn't mean that Luthor shouldn't appear in this one.He can still appear but not as a villain.(sorry for all the typing.)

#94 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@sandman_ said:

Metallo/Lex. Brainiac would be redundant.

This, but can we please get Lex the Battle armor? it's long overdue.

Save Brainiac for a third film.

#95 Posted by supergmoney (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I would just like to see SUPERMAN in the next movie...and no I'm not sayings I would like to see Superman again. I'm saying I would like Superman to actually be in the movie, and not this garbage that we had to put up with this time.

#96 Posted by VagrantSaint (48 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, we should still steer well clear of Lex Luthor. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Kevin Spacey's portrayal of the character in Superman Returns. If Brainiac comes after the Earth in the sequel, that could ramp up anti-alien sentiments from all the damage these guys are doing. That would open the door for Lex Luthor to take the stage as a figurehead for human rights in the face of alien threats. He could lead a movement to take down Superman, claiming all this started with him arriving on Earth. It would be even more poetic if the people he's saved come to his rescue.

You could even tie this idea into a Justice League movie, let's say Darkseid (or Apocalypse in general) comes calling in that movie. Superman's first reaction to another extra-terrestrial threat could be, "(sigh) Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be blamed for this?"

#97 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7735 posts) - - Show Bio

No Bizarro?.

Shame.

#98 Posted by kbrackie (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Mister Mxyzptlk would make an excellent side villian.

#99 Posted by Nefilim927 (357 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex as the second villain to show Superman that despite him wanting to protect humans there are some who would like to destroy him. Then we can do Brainiac for a 3rd film to remind everyone of the alien threat.

#100 Posted by Darwolf (12 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex Luther. With all of that Kryptonian tech laying around. He could make his battle suit.