Who do you want as the Big Bad for Arrow's next season?

• 62 results
shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Edited By shroudofsorrow

After my last thread, which was mocking in nature, this one's serious. Who do you think should be the main villain in Arrow's fourth season, if ever it should get one?

SPOILERSfor anyone not caught up with the show. Read at your own risk.

Me personally, I'd rather they not use Merlyn again, since he's already been the Big Bad for Seasons 1 and 3 (sharing the latter with Ras) and featured in Season 2 as well, so I think we could stand to have someone else. Deathstroke's role in Season 2 had a lot to it, and I think after all of the emotion in that season (including the death of Ollie's mother), it would be rather anti-climactic to use him again.

So who would I like to see? I'm thinking one of three candidates:

No Caption Provided

Like Father, like Daughter

Nyssa

A sort of successor/revenge story. Nyssa's not really known for her ability to be reasonable, and when (or if) she learns that Thea killed Sarah, that the former was not in control will be of no consequence to her. She'll probably seek vengeance, and especially if by that point Ras al Ghul has met his end, and even more especially if Merlyn (who Arrow is/was protecting) has a role to play in it. Between it all, the likelihood of Nyssa getting more reason to hate Arrow is high, and there is always the possibility she could succeed her father as the League's leader. This would allow her to become a major player, and also keep the League in the show after the third season. Another possibility (if not also a longshot) is Nyssa trying to corrupt Laurel and get her to replace Sarah in the League, also perhaps becoming attracted to her as she was to Sarah. Basically, Laurel would be caught between the two sides of the conflict, which would also facilitate her transition from brutal anti-hero to more traditional hero (assuming that doesn't happen in Season 3 of course).

No Caption Provided

This city's mine now little man.

Brick

Brick's been confirmed to appear in Season 3, but so long as he doesn't get offed during the course of that season (or else indisposed in some way), I could see him stepping up to become the main foe of Season 4. If so, I could see Brick becoming an almost Kingpin like antagonist, as in an untouchable and physically imposing crime boss who gets Starling City firmly in his pocket, and then Arrow has to fight to get his city back. This would also hopefully mean that the Season 4 finale is not another terrorist attack on Starling City, which we've already gotten two of and likely soon to be three. So if the main villain is more of an "at home" threat who wouldn't want the city destroyed (because then he can't make a profit), it would hopefully keep the finale from feeling like a re-hash of the earlier ones. Best of all, Brick is strictly a Green Arrow villain, which would make his being the main villain make Arrow feel more like...well, a Green Arrow show.

No Caption Provided

You should know better than to stand in my way Oliver.

Amanda Waller

I actually think this one is the one most likely to happen. We've already seen plenty of examples of Waller's very loose moral compass and definitions of right and wrong, and her clashes with Oliver in the past, so having a situation where Arrow's very presence gets in the way of her plans would not necessarily be out of the question. Having Waller as a Big Bad could also really shake things up for several reasons:

• Waller knows who Oliver is, and could blow the whistle on him and thus expose his secret identity for good. This could be a good way to change up the status quo of the show, and really make things more of an uphill battle for Ollie.
  • Diggle's wife being loyal to ARGUS (to a point) will likely prompt some...problems, between her and Diggle, and also put their child at risk (and I wouldn't put it past Waller to threaten Lyla's daughter to force her cooperation).
  • It would make a return appearance by the Suicide Squad very likely, with Deathstroke and Captain Boomerang possibly returning as Squad members. In fact, Waller's letting Slade loose might be one of the main catalysts behind her and Ollie's coming to blows.

So what do you guys think? Which villain (or villainess) do you think is most likely to be Season 4's big bad? Do you think I missed any other viable candidates? If so, share your thoughts below. I still think these three are the most likely candidates, but who do you think will be Season 4's main villain?

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I would like it to be H.I.V.E...

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@awesomeperson: Aren't they more Teen Titans villains?

Of course then again, so were Deathstroke, Ravager, and Brother Blood, and they all showed up in Season 2...

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 707

#3  Edited By Guru_Crack
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not really sure, probably Amanda Waller. Would really like Midas to appear though.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

vandal savage

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guru_crack: What the heck is that thing?

@benk111: Interesting choice, though it might be hard to make him feel distinct from Ra's.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

The REAL Count Vertigo.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReVamp

The REAL Constantine Drakon

Fixed ;)

Also: Probably not as the big bad himself, but an associate.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revamp: Constantine Drakon is the one who could catch all the arrows, right? And the one who fought Connor Hawke?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@revamp: Yup, thought so. Really a perfect choice too, because not only is he a Green Arrow villain, but he's also a master martial artist, which is good because Arrow puts as much emphasis on Ollie's fighting ability as it does his archery skills. So in all, a great choice. And he fits into any of my ideas too, since he could be a member of the LoA (Nyssa), could be hired by Brick (Brick), or Waller (Waller). So he fits no matter what.

Good choice.

Edit: Except unfortunately, he already showed up as a one-shot mook who got killed by Arrow...in the Pilot at the very beginning of the series.

What a complete waste.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@revamp: Yup, thought so. Really a perfect choice too, because not only is he a Green Arrow villain, but he's also a master martial artist, which is good because Arrow puts as much emphasis on Ollie's fighting ability as it does his archery skills. So in all, a great choice. And he fits into any of my ideas too, since he could be a member of the LoA (Nyssa), could be hired by Brick (Brick), or Waller (Waller). So he fits no matter what.

Good choice.

Edit: Except unfortunately, he already showed up as a one-shot mook who got killed by Arrow...in the Pilot at the very beginning of the series.

What a complete waste.

That's why my post wasn't "Constantine Drakon" but REAL Constantine Drakon.

Also I don't recall him dying? I guess its possible though.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

WALLER.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always wanted it to be Brick, although with his three episode arc coming up I'm worried they will waste him like Vertigo. I definitely want Cheshire as a Brother Blood/Fyers level secondary villain.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madeinbangladesh: Yeah, I'm thinking that myself.

@dan12456: Good assessment I'd say, with the exception that China White makes another sadistic female Asian assassin in Cheshire a bit redundant.

@nickthedevil: Well, Arrow does rip off him pretty hard. I'd imagine that would irk Batman after a while.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

HIVE

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44: Well, that's two for HIVE. Two for Waller, counting myself. One for Brick, one for Vandal Savage, one for Count Vertigo, and one for Batman.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

If this were to happen then we wouldn't have a Season 5

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_: Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. Batman doesn't kill, remember?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Joker!

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By _Nox_

Yeah? Neither did Oliver when he first started being Green Arrow. But TV has a way of twisting things up....

@ostyo said:

The Joker!

If this happens....Someone is getting their sh*t kicked in by me.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dan12456

@shroudofsorrow: Yeah that's true, but I think her relationship with Roy would be fun to explore (I have no interest in him being with Thea).

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo:

It already kind of annoys me how they made Oliver a Batman wannabe.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By buttersdaman000

CONSTANTINE DRAKON....AND CHESHIRE AS A SECONDARY VILLIAN/LOVE INTEREST FOR ROY

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Outsiders start to appear IF done properly.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard Dragon II

Or possibly a Red Hood, just to kind of screw with the people who take offense to Arrow using Bat-Stuff. Plus, obviously not Jason Todd. Just the gang.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: I'd actually probably be willing to let the Red Hood Gang as villains slide if they didn't use Jason Todd or Joker. It would still serve as one more piece of proof that Arrow is a Batman rip-off (which it is), but they're sufficiently minor that I'd be okay with it in the end.

@_nox_ said:

@shroudofsorrow said:

Yeah? Neither did Oliver when he first started being Green Arrow. But TV has a way of twisting things up....

Ha! Very true.

@dan12456 said:

@shroudofsorrow: Yeah that's true, but I think her relationship with Roy would be fun to explore (I have no interest in him being with Thea).

Fair point that is. And if they were to use Cheshire, that's probably how they should do it to make her feel distinct from China White.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Outsiders start to appear IF done properly.

The Outsiders are good guys. As for they're appearing as additional superheroes, I wouldn't mind that actually. We've already got the Atom, Flash, and Firestorm in that world, and foreshadowing for Katana. Why not go all out and include Black Lightning and Metamorpho?

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

#30  Edited By black_wreath

No to H.I.V.E! Titans is starting later this year, as an obsessive fan I'd appreciate it if all their storylines hadn't already been done by Arrow... Batman isn't turning up on TV anytime soon so I don't care how many of his storylines they take...

I say Waller. Ollie as an official enemy of the state would be awesome, we may even get a version of that proposed Supermax movie. Have others like Flash and Atom etc. be forced to choose between Arrow and the law, Public Enemies style. Ra's would be a tough act to follow for a villain so I say it would be best to go a different route entirely.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_wreath: Okay, another person in favor of Waller! That brings the total count to...

Nyssa: 0

Brick: 1

Waller: 4 (counting my vote)

Vandal Savage: 1

Count Vertigo: 1

Constantine Drakon: 2

Cheshire: 2 (Note that both said they wouldn't want her as the main villain but as a secondary villain)

Batman: 1

Joker: 1

HIVE: 2

Richard Dragon II: 1

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Rip-off...OK, gonna let that slide. In all honesty Richard Dragon would be boss. They could have the original train him to face Ra's and then have the second come in, train with him, and kill Richard and seek to become his one, best pupil by taking over crime in Starling and using it to take and lure Oliver out into one-on-one combat.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@scouterv: So who is Richard Dragon II in the comics anyway? Wayward protege/son to the original, or just a pretender?

Oh, and cogratulations to me: my total number of posts on my blogs is now 100!

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waller

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vandal Savage

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gracetrack

Somebody completely new and created specifically for the TV show.

PotatoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damian Oliver, Green Arrows son with Talia al Ghul. Damian uses more violent methods to fight crime and he eventually teams up with Speedy.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nobody, cause arrow needs to be canceled.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

It's obviously going to be Bane.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's obviously going to be Bane.

Why would they do bane?

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By deathstroke52

Bump

Either HIVE or bring on Prometheus.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@scouterv: So who is Richard Dragon II in the comics anyway? Wayward protege/son to the original, or just a pretender?

Oh, and cogratulations to me: my total number of posts on my blogs is now 100!

Richard Dragon (II) is a protege who killed the original after being taught by him in the league of assassins

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I want Bull's-Eye!!!

No Caption Provided

Seriously. This villain needs to come back. If I ever break into comics this man is coming back! Watch him shoot into stardom!

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Prometheus - they already have a mini Justice League.
  • Komodo - they already f*cked him up but maybe they will his story to new character.
  • Batman - why not?

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@entropy_aegis: that wouldn't make much sense, the entire reason bane exists is to "break the bat" and honestly bane could kill Green arrow pretty easily.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Onomatopeia, nuff said