Who do you think will win the Goku vs Superman Rematch

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just wondering

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It could go either way, I don't think there's any way of knowing what they'll do. I wouldn't put it past Screw Attack to have Superman win the rematch again in spite of the butthurt DBZ fanboys having their tempers enraged once again. And since I prefer Superman over Goku, I'll temporarily drop my usual debating style and approach the match with Death Battle logic. Since they're using New 52 Superman, this version of Superman has;

• Lifted the weight of the Earth, which weighs 5.972 sextillion tons according to the comic the feat is from, for 5 days without exposure to regular doses of sunlight. Punched H'El hard enough to shake the Earth's core and the Watchtower in space. Also caught Brainiac's ship with Martian Manhunter's help but it was at least twice the size of the Earth, maybe bigger.
  • Tanked a planetary explosion and flown through several black holes and across space for 2 months.
  • Flown from Pluto to Earth in 1-2 minutes whilst The Outlaws were being teleported back to Earth. The speed needed to travel such a distance in that time has been estimated to be about 320 times faster than light.
  • His Solar flare is thousands of times more powerful than his heat vision according to Superman so it would incinerate Goku if he used it.

Mark my words, if Superman wins tomorrow's Death Battle rematch, this might be how they'll justify it. Highballing a few of New 52 Superman's best feats without measuring his consistent power level and the context behind the feats.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What @lvenger said. But on the flip side if Goku does win I think they will be scaling him to Beerus and his feats, and using Goku's new lifting feat (if they considered it) to justify a strength increase large enough to prove he could trade blows with Superman.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolfrazer

Why are they even having a rematch in the first place? Why only them? Why not other ones?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Goke wins because DBZ fans are crazy as hell. They'd probably commit mass suicide if Goku loses again.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SheenLantern

The Death Battle team are incredibly frustrated by the tens of thousands of DBZ fanboys calling them incompetent, they'll find a way to make Superman win again just to spite them.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: They probably received death threats by DBZ fanatics.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Goku in a stomp.

Superman will never keep up with his martial arts skills and his speed when he fights.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman laser vision solos

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

What @lvenger said. But on the flip side if Goku does win I think they will be scaling him to Beerus and his feats, and using Goku's new lifting feat (if they considered it) to justify a strength increase large enough to prove he could trade blows with Superman.

Agreed, that's basically what I would have said if I were trying to justify why Goku wins. Even though SSJG Goku has very few feats and only 2 on screen appearances, the best way they could 'prove' how their analysis points to Goku winning is to compare how Goku does against Beerus, a DBZ character who does actually have verifiable feats and showings even with so few appearances.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should've won the first one, at this point now goku could kill superman with a flick of his finger tbh

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should've won the first one, at this point now goku could kill superman with a flick of his finger tbh

Clearly.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hopefully Superman.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@micah said:

Agreed, that's basically what I would have said if I were trying to justify why Goku wins. Even though SSJG Goku has very few feats and only 2 on screen appearances, the best way they could 'prove' how their analysis points to Goku winning is to compare how Goku does against Beerus, a DBZ character who does actually have verifiable feats and showings even with so few appearances.

Agreed.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gracetrack

Really not sure.

I'd like it if Goku got the win. Not only would it even things out, but I simply think his powers trump New 52 Superman's in nearly every way even at SSJ3. The exception being maybe lifting strength.

But, really, anybody who knows Goku/DBZ understands that all it should take is Instant Transmission followed by Kamehameha to put Supes down for the count. Shoot, a few well placed punches would be enough. An unconscious Frieza tanked a planetary explosion as far back as the Frieza Saga, and SSJ1 Goku's punches were already doing visible damage to the villain back then. Not to mention that his casual ki-blast KO'd Frieza right before Frieza tanked that planetary explosion. It's nonsense to think New 52 Supes would be able to do much of anything to SSG Goku apart from Goku letting him.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku can beat Superman since the end of the Frieza saga.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Goku

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lvenger

@omnicrono: Except that blunt force attacks are different to the energy projection released after a planet's destruction. I've argued before that it's faulty logic to compare punches to a planet's destruction, especially when said destruction was the delayed result of a Ki attack. And by that same token, it's speculation to believe SSJG Goku could put Superman down when Goku's overall stats in this form are completely unclear and unknown at this time.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: They probably received death threats by DBZ fanatics.

The Death Battle team are incredibly frustrated by the tens of thousands of DBZ fanboys calling them incompetent, they'll find a way to make Superman win again just to spite them.

LMFAO

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@lvenger said:

It could go either way, I don't think there's any way of knowing what they'll do. I wouldn't put it past Screw Attack to have Superman win the rematch again in spite of the butthurt DBZ fanboys having their tempers enraged once again. And since I prefer Superman over Goku, I'll temporarily drop my usual debating style and approach the match with Death Battle logic. Since they're using New 52 Superman, this version of Superman has;

• Lifted the weight of the Earth, which weighs 5.972 sextillion tons according to the comic the feat is from, for 5 days without exposure to regular doses of sunlight. Punched H'El hard enough to shake the Earth's core and the Watchtower in space. Also caught Brainiac's ship with Martian Manhunter's help but it was at least twice the size of the Earth, maybe bigger.
  • Tanked a planetary explosion and flown through several black holes and across space for 2 months.
  • Flown from Pluto to Earth in 1-2 minutes whilst The Outlaws were being teleported back to Earth. The speed needed to travel such a distance in that time has been estimated to be about 320 times faster than light.
  • His Solar flare is thousands of times more powerful than his heat vision according to Superman so it would incinerate Goku if he used it.

Mark my words, if Superman wins tomorrow's Death Battle rematch, this might be how they'll justify it. Highballing a few of New 52 Superman's best feats without measuring his consistent power level and the context behind the feats.

JKFallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JKFallen

If they get all the stats right this time, Goku one shots Superman with Goku-glare.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Superman wins, just so I can debunk more ScrewAttack fanboys.

Plus every deathbattle they use some crazy way to determine strength, I hope they make another far fetched one for this one.

People who read both should know Superman makes it to Freeza at best :/

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Really not sure.

I'd like it if Goku got the win. Not only would it even things out, but I simply think his powers trump New 52 Superman's in nearly every way even at SSJ3. The exception being maybe lifting strength.

But, really, anybody who knows Goku/DBZ understands that all it should take is Instant Transmission followed by Kamehameha to put Supes down for the count. Shoot, a few well placed punches would be enough. An unconscious Frieza tanked a planetary explosion as far back as the Frieza Saga, and SSJ1 Goku's punches were already doing visible damage to the villain back then. Not to mention that his casual ki-blast KO'd Frieza right before Frieza tanked that planetary explosion. It's nonsense to think New 52 Supes would be able to do much of anything to SSG Goku apart from Goku letting him.

You do realize being unconscious doesn't make you any less durable, right?

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: In DB it does, they can't utilize Ki to amp their defenses.

It's essentially like Superman without the sun.

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Current Goku should beat him pretty easy.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm siding with Supes to win.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Goku doesn't beat him very fast I'm going to be very disappointed

Beholdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku should one shot

hoping they make it entertaining tho, the first one was a great fight even if it was wrong.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its obvious they are making this to force a third one and get more cheap views.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You do realize being unconscious doesn't make you any less durable, right?

You do realize that DBZ characters amp their durability with ki, right? If they're half dead and unconscious, there's no ki-amping of durability going on. So yes, that would make them less durable while unconscious.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman should win so I can laugh more at the dbz fanboys about how their abc logic couldn't save Goku from that ass-whooping Clark gave him.

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WELLDONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao dragon ball fans already salty. goku cant beat superman. deathbattle was wrong with the first deathbattle giving goku power he doesnt have or has ever shown.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku will

Then the superman fanboys will stop with their out context feats and pis.

Omega_kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Goku to win, but I honestly don't care if he loses.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku with zero effort

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: What's Goku's new lifting feat?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Hopefully Goke wins because DBZ fans are crazy as hell. They'd probably commit mass suicide if Goku loses again.

Heinrich7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Heinrich7

@imperfect_cell: In Dragon Ball Super he is lifting massive weights at King Kai's place, in base form. They are about the size of a small water tower. There were about 4-5 stacked.

As for screw attack, they got things wrong on both Kal and Goku. The thing they calculated Goku's speed with Snake Way was just ridiculously wrong. It's like using a 1965 Mustang as the judge for a 2015 mustangs speed. No idea why they did that.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of both characters, and I don't care who wins or loses. I'm just interested in the animation.

That said I think Kal will win, Goku just wouldn't use his weakness against him. But really, neither of them would ever fight, spar, but not fight. Both Superman and Goku are just too awesome, good and respectful to do such things. Heck I got offended by the Earth blowing up in the original video XD but that's just me.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I want Goku to win

But it wouldn't bother me if Supes wins again

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By Heatblaze

It could go either way at this moment for many different reasons.

@beholdy said:

Goku should one shot

hoping they make it entertaining tho, the first one was a great fight even if it was wrong.

Keep crying.

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sun-Wukong

Goku one-shots, New 52 Superman would lose to Frieza saga Goku let alone Current Goku. Complete mismatch

Current Goku is at least solar system + with MFTL+ speed, where superman is planet level with star level durability and FTL+ speed. Goku would just do what Beerus done to the star and casually blow him to pieces.

N52 wouldn't even scratch First form Frieza who vaporized planets with 10x graivty.

Completely and utter mismatch

Sun-Wukong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sun-Wukong

@lvenger said:

@omnicrono: Except that blunt force attacks are different to the energy projection released after a planet's destruction. I've argued before that it's faulty logic to compare punches to a planet's destruction, especially when said destruction was the delayed result of a Ki attack. And by that same token, it's speculation to believe SSJG Goku could put Superman down when Goku's overall stats in this form are completely unclear and unknown at this time.

Sorry but that doesn't exist sir, since has force, it's not just exploding energy. Frieza took the force of a planet explosion cut in half and no ki, force from the spirit bomb which had enough force to crush the planet alone yet only left a scratches and bruises on Frieza, so Frieza strength is already far higher then planet level itself. Goku 23rd arc took a shock wave that destroyed a small-continent and didn't even budged, you know what a shock wave is right ? simple a burst of air, force itself. You're physical durability non-sense doesn't exist since DBZ Ki is simply just not exploding energy.

So no, Goku would straight out one-shot Superman with ease in N52, N52 is massively outmatched

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku in a stomp.

Superman will never keep up with his martial arts skills and his speed when he fights.

Eh, I think that's the wrong way to look at it depending on your definition of martial arts.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Incursion

Goku will probably win just to make the DBZ fans shut up