• 65 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

im just curious about who my fellow viners like and why? who do you think is the coolest or who is your favorite comics character and why? manga and anime as well whether you like goku or batman I want to now why. whether villain, hero or anti-hero.

#2 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk obviously.

#3 Edited by Pyrogram (39547 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Edited by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Pyrogram (39547 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost.

#8 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

I copied This from my list if you don't mind.

HULK SMASH!!!!!

The Strongest there is, the raging man-monster with the heart of a hero. One of the most unique characters ever. Over the years I've seen a lot of people claim to be a hulk fan, mostly because he is one of the most powerful beings Ever. However Thous people, to me ,are no hulk fans. Sure, i love hulk because he is the strongest there is, but what most people don't understand is that strength!! is not hulks defining quality. why ? because A character is not defined by his powers, people don't love spider-man because he shoots webs or sticks to walls, people love spider-man because of Peter Parker, a nerdy , witty, responsible hero. The same thing can be said for the hulk, because without Bruce Banner hulk is nothing. Bruce makes hulks anger unique, and hulks anger makes Bruce a sympathetic character. Hulk has many interesting qualities, and his multiple incarnations is one of them, you see characters like the hulk are very interesting because you can't get bored with a character that is full of riddles, writers like taking on the hulk because they can execute their own views of the character. Savage hulk, world war hulk, Joe fixit, and many other hulk versions have their own power sets , personality , and appearance, which makes hulk all the more interesting. Moreover, The Hulk is an interesting character because he has a unique relationship with Bruce banner, we've seen them as both enemies and as allays, but at the end of the day, no matter how they look at each other, they hate each others guts. This is a great dynamic because even though hulk fights insanely powerful guys, his most interesting clash takes place within him. Furthermore, no matter how people look at it, The hulk and Bruce are both heroes, this makes hulk intriguing because he is always misunderstood and viewed upon as a monster , yet, he still finds a way to do the right thing. The Hulk teaches people a great thing, it shows you that everyone has a monster within them, but Bruce banner manages to redirect that monster and turn him into a hero, because hulk is Bruce, he is simply a different aspect. The Hulk is also one of the most iconic marvel characters ever created, he is easily recognized by many people including both adults and children. The hulk/Bruce banner is my number one super hero, he always was an always will be.

"Then why do you suddenly look scared? Maybe you see that you could be ten times stronger than Hulk, and it still would not matter. Not when all Hulk has to do is become ten times as mad!!"

-Hulk/Bruce Banner

#9 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

wow I never thought about hulk that way. ive never even read a hulk comic but I love what you had to say bout him and mi may even give hulk a chance.

#11 Edited by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Iron Man Rogue. Interesting design

#13 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@theacidskull:

wow I never thought about hulk that way. ive never even read a hulk comic but I love what you had to say bout him and mi may even give hulk a chance.

^________^

#14 Posted by i_like_swords (15026 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool. He's pretty cool because he's been able to add a different dimension to my reading. Like instead of picking up a series and closely following the storyline, and rereading for extra details, you read a Deadpool comic and just get flung into this scenario with Deadpool and the two boxes that talk to him. It's great because you almoooost feel like you're there in a way. There's always that hilarious background narrative between Deadpool and his other selves/the writer. Aside from that he's just a hilarious character because of his personality. There's some pages I've found especially funny like one where you get to see into Deadpools mind. It's a nursery full of children in his costume (and as you'd expect they're knocking things over and just being what you'd expect a mini deadpool to be). Yeah he's just an interesting character and a complete badass, and extremely funny.

#15 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn

#16 Posted by bob808 (6778 posts) - - Show Bio
John Constantine

#17 Edited by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

my favorite is batman. obviously he's the worlds greatest detective, he's one of if not THE best martial artist on the planet, he's one if not THE best strategists in the dc universe, he's a billionaire, he's the head of the bat family, he has arguably the most recognizable rogues gallery in all of comics, he has all the cool gadgets and he would stand toe to toe with the hulk and not "bat" an eye but my favorite thing about him is the fact that he is such a sympathetic character. he watched his parents get murdered, he had to deal with jasons murder and now damians. all that nd the woman (or one of the women) he loves is his one of his greatest enemies daughter. and he is relentless in his goal to rid gotham of all crime. that and he's the kind of hero that would give a homeless guy money to eat. he's hero as bruce and as batman and that's why I love batman

#18 Posted by RustyRoy (12812 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. No contest.

#19 Edited by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@savagedragon:

ive always had a strange kind of fascination with spawn but ive never read his comics. just seen the movie

#20 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808:

why? im curious about this character ive only ever seen him in "I, Vampire"

#21 Edited by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: neither have I, Ive read here and there but anyone would be hard pressed to find a better looking design then spawn especially Mcfarlane, Capullo and Syzmon Kurdranski's art http://www.spawn.com/comics/spawn/monthly/images/spawn_comic_cover_207_lg.jpg

#22 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Well just like high school, the coolest cat in comics seems to change as frequently as every time we're offered another new variant cover.

At the moment, this guy is the coolest...

#23 Posted by XxGin (1370 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

my favorite is batman. obviously he's the worlds greatest detective, he's one of if not THE best martial artist on the planet, he's one if not THE best strategists in the dc universe, he's a billionaire, he's the head of the bat family, he has arguably the most recognizable rogues gallery in all of comics, he has all the cool gadgets and he would stand toe to toe with the hulk and not "bat" an eye but my favorite thing about him is the fact that he is such a sympathetic character. he watched his parents get murdered, he had to deal with jasons murder and now damians. all that nd the woman (or one of the women) he loves is his one of his greatest enemies daughter. and he is relentless in his goal to rid gotham of all crime. that and he's the kind of hero that would give a homeless guy money to eat. he's hero as bruce and as batman and that's why I love batman

Not the WORLDS best detective Constantine is, well in my opinon. I have to admit though Batman's detective skills are very good.

#24 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin:

I have to respectfully disagree bro. he is "the worlds greatest detective" hell dc comics is dc comics because of detective comics lol batman is such a great detective he knows what that bitch Victoria is hiding from everyone lol

#25 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

These are top 5 for sure...

#26 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

Law(One Piece) Dude is a boss, that's all I have to say.

Bobobo(Bobobo-bo bo- bobo) Hilarius. Really random.

Captain Yamamoto(Bleach) Again, total boss.

Mayuri Kurotsuchi(Bleach) Crazy scientist...every world needs one.

From what I've seen of Hal Jordan - just now actually getting into some American comics(just started reading new 52 JL and Green Lantern comics.) so far, I like him.

Broly(DBZ) because screw you and your galaxy. total psychopath, immense power, total boss.

Hulk: only two words for this one... "HULK SMASH!!!"

#27 Posted by ImmortalOne (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. What really makes him my favorite character is that though he is limited in a world of superhumans, his determination, skill, and genius intellect lets him fight with/against people far greater than him, and be one of the most respected heroes, both in-universe and in real life.

#28 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

we're forgetting the OG of superheroes.... and number 2 on my top 5 list of fictional characters

#29 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3584 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a lot of favorite characters for different reasons, but Magik has always seemed like the coolest. I loved her personality and especially since TPTB haven't found a way to water her down so far. It's a shame but I prefer her being lawful evil instead of a straight up goody guy.

#31 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc:

Challenge accepted...

come at me bro!

#32 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

Stranger, no question

As an inconceivably intelligent being of unimaginable cosmic power, he can take any form he wishes

and what for does he take?

a glowing light of wisdom?

a disembodied head?

some sort of amorphous shape that varies depending on the viewer's personal experience to replicate a familiar form?

nah, that's for wimps

he's gonna be an old white guy with a cowboy mustache and forked neckbeard; whop wears legless leotards with no leggings

A+

#33 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Time to go hardcore...

Now, I'm not just gonna come at you with ONE character...no...you welcome that...your reply must be more...severe..... I offer in response not 1...but rather..an ENTIRE RACE of omnipotent beings!

Game, set and match.

#35 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:well played......well played indeed........However I do have a reponse...and the only way to beat omnipotence is to use omnipotence (ignoring the fact that "a race of omnipotent beings" is the very definition of an oxy moron lol) so I shall respond thusly......

THE wrath of THE God aka the one above all (blessed be thy name) The Spectre! im pretty sure this is the guy that killed Pharoahs son lol.

I win.

#36 Edited by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Superman. Well I love him to death. But I thought that this was meant to be the "coolest" as in most bad-a**. I wouldn't put the likes of Superman, Captain America, Thor, etc.

Unless you mean just favorite characters, I took it as "whos the most bad a**" am I wrong??

#37 Edited by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jj62: no I wouldn't say "wrong" I meant it to be for both. I think batman is "cooler" than superman but I like superman more than bats....if that makes sense. lol

#38 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: My final play...I unleash he who sits on the black throne in the center of all chaos.... the mindless, the creator of all things, the blasphemous and all-powerful Azathoth!

#39 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

I didn't want to have to do this.....but you give me no choice

go role over and die and pray that the bat doesn't come looking for you.......-_-

#40 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing is definitely the coolest. Maybe not my favorite, but dammit is he the coolest.

#41 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamftw:

I agree he is extremely cool but I just wanna ask......am I the only one who thinks green arrow (especially since his new 52 makeover) is cool???????

#42 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10173 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by LaserLambert (636 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Cold..................... GET IT???

#46 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

The Rocketeer

#48 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10173 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Wait..what is this coming over me...I'm changing...into something more powerful.....more potent..... -screams-

the final challenge:

#50 Posted by SOG7dc (7335 posts) - - Show Bio