Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

Rule:

Be open to opposing views

Be kind

Be respectful

And most importantly be descriptive

Edit: In an effort to make this thread more interesting I'm going to make it wonder woman or ms marvel

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Jean Grey is one of the biggest Mary Sues in comics. I'm not really a fan of Wonder Woman, but I definitely like her more than Jean Grey.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08: Mary sues?

A character who is meant to be perfect and everything must always revolve around them.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By green_skaar

WW, she knows problems can be fixed with her fists, my type of girl! Also WW would never dream of marrying Cyclops.

EDIT: when I made the response it was WW and Jean Gray, not Ms Marvel

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SOG7dc

@decoyelite: Thanks. I changed it to make it more of an interesting topic

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: I know o just thought it'd be more interesting this way. Since Jean is a "mary sue"

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW, she knows problems can be fixed with her fists, my type of girl! Also WW would never dream of marrying Cyclops.

EDIT: when I made the response it was WW and Jean Gray, not Ms Marvel

fixing problems with her fists in not wonder woman's true nature,her true character don't use violence as the first answer,don't let the horrible written new 52 version fool you.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc:wonder woman,her story and her personality are more interesting for me.

wonder woman is the female hero,the way her character,cast and villans complement each other so well.

1)amazons,the perfect world ruled by women where peace and love predominate,the utopia that the amazons represent.

2)the gods and their blessings to wonder woman.

3)diana is a pure soul,compassionate, kind and protective as a mother and also strong,independent,wise and fearless as a warrior.

4)diana's nature,her ability to open the heart of other people,her morals,what she stands for,the way she treats everyone even her villans,without prejudice,and the way her kind heart changes the lives of the people around her,even her villans.

5)diana's supporting cast,vanessa,julia,steve,etta,and how they get involve in diana's mission and try to help her even thought they are just mortals,showing that some humans are willing to go beyond their limits tryng to make a difference in this world,even thought they are vulnerable,they prove to be role models,that you don't even need powers to try to do siomething for this world.

6)diana's villans,they represent wonder woman's antithesis,ares is war,violence and obsessed with having total control. ,cheetah=hate,jealousy,contempt for life and power ambiccion,silver swan=lack of self-esteem,frustration and anger.

dr psycho=small man complex,loneliness,sadness and obsessed with finding someone for him to never be alone,his obsetion with diana.

circe=ego,evil,superiority complex and vindictive.

ms marvel used to have some depth that i liked but now they totally turned her into captain marvel's ripped off,she lacks a true rogue gallery,and is the type of character that is just there most of the time,marvel hasn't tried to give her a true highlight moment and she is one of the most overrated characters in terms of power,her feats don't put her beyond the mid-powerhouses chart and yet some people want to put her above power girl,supergirl and wonder woman power-wise.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I prefer Ms. Marvel, but I have a tendency to gravitate to military or ex-military heroes. Wonder Woman is a great character, I just personally prefer Ms. Marvel. When you get to characters who's powers include moving planets and the like, I just start to lose interest.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms. Marvel. More consistent and has better character development I guess.

No Caption Provided

I also find her hotter.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Wonder Woman because she's of course, more of an icon than Ms. Marvel (or any heroine for that matter).

I like Ms. Marvel because she's a better defined character than Wonder Woman IMO.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wonder Woman, cant really say why.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Ms Marvel

Though animated Wonder Woman is amazing.

Red_Lion1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel. I say this because since Kelly Sue Deconnick started the series, Captain Marvel has become one of my favorite characters. Shes strong, funny and just fleshed out really well. Wonder Woman i can read when shes in team books like Justice League but I've never had the desire to read her solo title.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel. I say this because since Kelly Sue Deconnick started the series, Captain Marvel has become one of my favorite characters. Shes strong, funny and just fleshed out really well. Wonder Woman i can read when shes in team books like Justice League but I've never had the desire to read her solo title.

Kind of ironic since Carol Danvers is not the character in Kelly Sue DeConnick's series. That's some bastardised version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

I wonder how many people who respond to this topic have read the Ms. Marvel series. It gives you a much different look at the personality of Carol Danvers...

Admittedly, I haven't read any of the new Captain Marvel series, so I don't know if they've changed some of her less endearing personality traits, but hands down I prefer Wonder Woman.

Red_Lion1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: Really? How so? I won't lie I've never read the Ms.Marvel series unfortunately.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@red_lion1989: Try and find Ms Marvel by Brian Reed. It's an AMAZING series that shows the real Carol.

DeConnick's version is more what Carol is to someone who's never read her, if that makes sense.

Red_Lion1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_lion1989: Try and find Ms Marvel by Brian Reed. It's an AMAZING series that shows the real Carol.

DeConnick's version is more what Carol is to someone who's never read her, if that makes sense.

Hmm, I really enjoy Deconnick's take but I will try and take a look at Reeds run on Ms.Marvel.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

Ms. Marvel used to inspire me to be a better person and be the best I can be... it helped since that someone who looked as flawless as Carol Danvers is relatable and spends her time trying to do the same and facing realistic problems for a woman other than lame "oooh which boy do I pick" drama. She was a proper female character who on the surface was the archetype beautiful aspirational woman but underneath had confidence problems and a drive to be better even though she was already the best. Then they evolved her into DeConnick's version which tossed all that side for a foot-notes version of a stereotypical female empowerment pastiche.

BallPointHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@wolverine08: Mary sues?

A character who is meant to be perfect and everything must always revolve around them.

Oh. Then you must be talking about Stephanie Brown. Girl is the walking definition of it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ms. Marvel. More consistent and has better character development I guess.

No Caption Provided

I also find her hotter.

more consistent in what?.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By modernww2fare

Wonder Woman forever.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

With time my sympathies for both characters change but currently I don't like either of them but I prefer a little bit more Carol.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azzarello's wonderwoman is making me love her anymore

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By PowerHerc

I love em both.

Wonder Woman is the more powerful, most iconic and best female super-hero ever.

Ms. Marvel was created to be a feminist super-heroine in the 1970's who has never garnered as much popularity as Marvel would've liked but, despite that, she's still a great character.

I really can't decide.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Mega_spidey01

wonder woman.

No Caption Provided