• 111 results
Posted by IronmanxD11 (14 posts) 1 year, 24 days ago

Poll: Who do you believe is smarter Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark? (134 votes)

Tony Stark 52%
Bruce Wayne 34%
Or Both Equally Smart 13%
#1 Posted by New_World_Order (12586 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony

#2 Edited by Teerack (5404 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony is way smarter. Batman is a good tactician and detective, but he still needs Fox to build his tech(Fox was at the Batman Icn. board meeting so it's implied that he works on Batman Tech in the New 52). Honestly I think that other than Jor El and Superman none of the smart guys in DC compare to the big brains in Marvel. Even if you don't want to admit most of Batman's tech is just copies/takes from Fox's department his tech doesn't stack up to Tony's by a long shot. Hell everything the Insider Suit can do is something Tony had in a suit from the MK VII down(the exception is linking to the speed force because there is no speed force... but he linked up to the magnetic force of the planet to gain magneto powers for a while... closest comparison you can get)... which is before Tony started getting high tech by Tony's standards.

#3 Posted by IronmanxD11 (14 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Joygirl (18741 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Someone has been watching too many Nolan films. Batzzz builds tons of his own stuff, including the Insider suit which eclipses any of Tony's. He also created Brother Eye and, by proxy, OMAC.

#5 Edited by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony technologically, Bruce strategically.

#6 Edited by RedLantern23 (884 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say, really.

#7 Posted by OhItsThatGuy (791 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony.

#8 Posted by Teerack (5404 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@teerack: Someone has been watching too many Nolan films. Batzzz builds tons of his own stuff, including the Insider suit which eclipses any of Tony's. He also created Brother Eye and, by proxy, OMAC.

Nolan....no.

He makes some of his own tech, big woop so does Spider-Man. The Insider suit compared to something as advanced as the Bleeding Edge is like comparing a pay phone to an Iphone 4.

#9 Edited by Ciriel (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony definitely. Batman does some overly stupid things, and I feel like he's overrated for intelligence in DC.

#10 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony. Everyone always relies on Bruce to "prep" - PSSH, Tony Stark don't need no prep. I'd like to compare this to an Iron Man vs Batman fight, most of those blog posts end up being -

"Batman make EMP"

"But Tony's Armor can withstand EMP's",

"Batman make special EMP" :P

"How?"

Then it usually ends with -

"Because he's Batman"

or

"With prep"

#11 Posted by RunawayAvenger (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony is a builder, Bruce is a thinker, both equally smart yet in different ways

#12 Edited by JulieDC (876 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce is more skillful but Tony is smarter or at least puts his smarts to better use. However, I think Bruce is skillful enough that he could build gadgets like Tony does but it its easier to outsource that to others who can dedicate their time to that so that he can dedicate his time to fighting crime. I also think Tony enjoys the science behind the technology more than Bruce does which is why he probably builds his gadgets.

#13 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me when Bruce makes a friend of his into a cyborg to save his life because Tony has done it twice. that and the armor is basically the batmobile, batjet/plane, batsub, bat space ship, and batman all rolled into one and it somehow holds a crazy assortment of weapons including a flasmethrower, missles, laser blades, the always present repulsors, force fields and the p.e.p.p.e.r. ai and his suits now are customizable to hold extra components as the situation demands it. that and nothing beats the old bleeding edge armor he used

#14 Posted by Fearless_Guardian_Devil (168 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine1610: But that's one field, technology. I can tell you multiple fields in which Bruce outclasses Tony.

#15 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1668 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by SoA (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce- tactics

tony- technology

#17 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

So.... how do you measure smarts?

I voted Bats, and im surprised so many people voted Tony.

Okay.... I know this guy, genius really, that is when it comes to Math, science and chemistry (the last one in a lesser extent), im more or less an idiot when it comes to math... but when we discuss politics, life and sociality.... he is naive and doesnt have much to bring to the table, so is he smarter than be because he is better in some fields than i am? I dont think so, he is however smarter in some ways where im smarter in others.

If i needed a supersuit, or a guy to fix my car, i would go to Tony, but i still say that overall... Batman is miles ahead of Tony.

Batman is wiser, more cunning, clever. He excels or shines in nearly every form of study, going from science to fiction, mythology, psychology and more.

Tony Stark seems to only have his head in the area of science, technology, astrology and the ladiiies - he is however crazy smarts in those fields.

Still overall ill say Batman is smarter than Tony... no doubt in my mind.

#18 Posted by IronmanxD11 (14 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by XImpossibruX (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Strategy and Tactics - Bruce

Tech - Stark by a landslide.

#20 Posted by Catsnlynne (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

No question about it. Tony Stark.

#21 Posted by wolverine1610 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@fearless_guardian_devil: that's medicine and technology, which technology can spread to a bunch of classes and as far as medicine he did delete his own brain and then made a chip to put in his head to handle his basic functions like breathing and blinking while he recovered. bruce has him by detective smarts and martial arts skill

#22 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3876 posts) - - Show Bio

If we talk IQ Tony wins by far.

#24 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4922 posts) - - Show Bio

Stark has done more drunk than Bruce has sober.

#25 Edited by angelalfonso (967 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony by far

#26 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32864 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers: Tony was genetically created to be smarter

#27 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

bruce wayne.

#30 Edited by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio

@skunkstein said:

So.... how do you measure smarts?

I voted Bats, and im surprised so many people voted Tony.

Okay.... I know this guy, genius really, that is when it comes to Math, science and chemistry (the last one in a lesser extent), im more or less an idiot when it comes to math... but when we discuss politics, life and sociality.... he is naive and doesnt have much to bring to the table, so is he smarter than be because he is better in some fields than i am? I dont think so, he is however smarter in some ways where im smarter in others.

If i needed a supersuit, or a guy to fix my car, i would go to Tony, but i still say that overall... Batman is miles ahead of Tony.

Batman is wiser, more cunning, clever. He excels or shines in nearly every form of study, going from science to fiction, mythology, psychology and more.

Tony Stark seems to only have his head in the area of science, technology, astrology and the ladiiies - he is however crazy smarts in those fields.

Still overall ill say Batman is smarter than Tony... no doubt in my mind.

Yeah. Bruce is overall smarter. He is knowledgeable in more areas than Tony. Batman is better in street smarts, investigation, prep, cleverness, wisdom, intuition, tactics, psychology, history, criminal science and so on. He speaks at least 15 languages, around 10 of them fluently. I do agree that Stark is better in technology and engineering but not by a landslide. People act like Batman's dumb in the engineering field and has Fox do everything for him. No. Bruce has created his fair share of equipment and suits. Batman's insider suit is better than Tony's suits. The insider suit gives him teleportation, flight, lie detector, invisibility, will powered constructs, heat vision, access to the speed force, and night vision. He also helped create the Brother Eye. And I think Bruce created the Batman Beyond suit. Note that this suit was made 30 years ago so it's likely it could have been even better and even more advanced if he spent the time working on suits. Tony is working on his suits 24/7. I am not saying that Bruce is better than Tony in technology/engineering. The only area of intelligence Tony is better in is technology/engineering. I'm just saying that on top of the advantages Bruce has on Tony plus the fact that Bruce isn't too far behind with his technology as well makes Bruce smarter. Both are extremely smart, but in general, I'm going with Bruce here.

#31 Edited by dondave (34598 posts) - - Show Bio

Strategy and Tactics - Bruce

Tech - Stark by a landslide.

#32 Edited by kenisfow (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Objectively speaking

Tony: Engineering and Technology

Bruce: Everything else including other fields such as genetics and chemistry, he's been able to rewrite DNA and take away metahumans powers, he's also been able to recreate the Lazarus pit, he's a hell of a hacker since he's been able to hack Kryptonian technology

@teerack said:

Tony is way smarter. Batman is a good tactician and detective, but he still needs Fox to build his tech. Honestly I think that other than Jor El and Superman none of the smart guys in DC compare to the big brains in Marvel.

Da fuq? Fox hasn't been relevative in comics for decades now. Most of Bruce's best inventions, slider tech, insider suit, the brother eye, he's built himself. The Insider Suit may not be as practical as the Bleeding Edge armor but the fact that Bruce was able to make something that can tap into the speed force alone is impressive. Bruce has made very impressive tech, not as impressive as Tony but that's Tony's MO and not Bruce's. If Bruce had dedicated his life to engineering and technology instead of learning martial arts and detective skills he could of been a much better engineer, although I think Tony would still be better because he has a greater affinity for technology. Cyborg is more comparable to Tony than Bruce is.

I'm not sure why you think Jor El is anything special, Superman is smart because his Kryptonian Brain lets him process information millions of times faster than a human, doesn't make him smarter than guys like Lex and Bruce.

The Brainiacs like Vril Dox are smarter than Doom and Reed are and probably around the same level as High Evo and Kang. And Alex Luthor recreated the friggin multiverse, and Mr Majestic is a combination of Reed Richards and Superman

Then there's guys like Tao and Constantine who aren't as impressive in terms of tech, but could easily outwit any of Marvel's top genius's

You might be able to argue that the Earth based genius's in Marvel are a bit better than DC's Earth based but on the cosmic scale it's a different story. Especially considering that Alex Luthor is the same as Pre Crisis Lex, the same one who made a time machine out a flash light and a coilspring

Alex/Pre Crisis Lex are like Macgyver 100x

Then there is also the fact that tech in marvel is way beyond DC's to the point where things like time travel, interdimensional tech, the creation/destruction of mass, weather control, and starships are all second hand things to the Marvel big brains.

Right, because in DC there are only things like the Genesis Box, Boom Tubes, the Miracle Machine, Mother and Father Boxes, Lantern Rings, the Anti Matter Wave, the Firestorm Matrix and the Thought Robot...You actually think that any of these things are a problem for DC guys? Batman isn't the best tech expert and he made the JL slider tech and can tap into the speed force. Lex Luthor has made bombs that can take out planets and can turn the sun red, he's also created a time machine, Ray Palmer can casually compress white dwarf stars, and hop across the multiverse, Cyborg was able to turn Red Tornado, an android, into a human and recently integrated boom tubes into his weaponry, Ultra Humanite can casually balance universal equations, and these are only the Earth based genius's and not cosmic level like Brainiacs, Alex, Majestic, Metron etc

Honestly after thinking about it I'm starting to have doubts Batman even beats Tony when it comes to strategies considering the type of problems he regularly needs to solve. T

When Tony can regularly outsmart gods, entire alien races, planetary reality warpers and universal abstracts than maybe you can put him on the same level as Bruce.

#33 Edited by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

@tyrus: That same argument could be reversed on Tony.

"Iron Man has a suit!"
"Batman uses an EMP."
"Iron Man creates a piece of electronic machinery that is immune to electro-magnetic pulses!"
"... What? How?"
"... Because Iron Man."

#35 Posted by kenisfow (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I've probably read more on Iron Man and the Avengers than you have, can't say the same about you reading anything DC related since you apparently think Jor El is one of DC' greatest minds.

#36 Posted by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know batman doesn't carry an EMP weapon in his standard loadout, given it is too bulky to fit in his belt.

ANYWAYS, I think Tony is probably smarter, as much as I like Batman. He can invent solutions to his problems that Batman typically has to solve by other means.

#38 Edited by JetsetWave (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack:

Inorite? Who can forget about all the amazing contributions Jor El has made to the DC Universe..like...

Oh wait..it's just some random guy on the internet talking out of his ass, nevermind

Also in the past 10 years, Lucius Fox has literally only been in like..10 comics..

At least pretend like you know what you're talking about

#42 Edited by JetsetWave (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@jetsetwave said:

@teerack:

Inorite? Who can forget about all the amazing contributions Jor El has made to the DC Universe..like...

Oh wait..it's just some random guy on the internet talking out of his ass, nevermind

Jor El was the greatest mind on all of Krypton. It's a fact within the DC universe that there hasn't been a civilization as advanced as the Kyrptonians. Lex Luthor couldn't even fully comprehend Krptonian tech because of how advanced it is. So idk... the smartest man... or the smartest race?... Why would I think he's one of the greatest mind in the DC universe?.. Oh because I can use basic logic.

Please just go find a Call of Duty debate or something more your speed. *shooes*

We go by feats, Jor El may very well be one of the greatest minds but the fact of the matter is that he has no feats. And it's funny how you say Lex Luthor can't comprehend tech, yet on several occassions Batman, without any prior knowledge has hacked Kryptonian tech..the character you're arguing against hacked the greatest technology according to you..good job making your opposition look good ...

Also, races more advanced than Kryptonians, the New Gods, Controllers, Dominators and Malthusians say hi.

Lucius Fox in the past decade has appeared in 5 issues of Batman, 3 issues of Detective Comics and a few issues of Red Robin

Again, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Stop watching movies and start reading a comic, you're less likely to embarrass yourself in future threads.

#44 Edited by JetsetWave (4 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@jetsetwave said:

@teerack said:

@jetsetwave said:

@teerack:

Jor El was the greatest mind on all of Krypton. It's a fact within the DC universe that there hasn't been a civilization as advanced as the Kyrptonians. Lex Luthor couldn't even fully comprehend Krptonian tech because of how advanced it is. So idk... the smartest man... or the smartest race?... Why would I think he's one of the greatest mind in the DC universe?.. Oh because I can use basic logic.

Please just go find a Call of Duty debate or something more your speed. *shooes*

We go by feats, Jor El may very well be one of the greatest minds but the fact of the matter is that he has no feats.

Also, races more advanced than Kryptonians, the New Gods and Malthusians say hi.

Lucius Fox in the past decade has appeared in 5 issues of Batman, 3 issues of Detective Comics and a few issues of Red Robin

Again, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Stop watching movies and start reading a comic, you're less likely to embarrass yourself in future threads.

Going purely by feats really stupid. Like REALLY stupid... if you can't think analytically and need to just look at feats then that's sad.

The Malthusians are a race that was before the universe was around and are a whole new kind of irrelevant and actually doesn't help prove any kind of point. The New Gods are arguable, but it still doesn't change anything, and I hope I don't need to explain why it doesn't mean anything.

Fox has only had a few appearances but if you actually read what Fox said, and have been paying attention to things Batman has said over the past 10 years. It's very transparent that Fox still makes/develops a lot of the tech Batman adapts.

I'm not basing anything off of the movies you're just not very knowledgeable and now I can see also not very intelligent... go away now. I'm sure that as people come in here and see you calling me the one embarrassing themselves I won't be the only one laughing at you. :)

It doesn't matter if you think it's stupid..that's how things are done on Comicvine..that's how everyone does things on EVERY site.

It doesn't matter if they' were around before the universe, they're still around and technology more advanced, end of story

The New Gods aren't arguable and anyone who's read comics with them would know this. But I forgot..you don't read comics do you?

Fox has had few appearances because he hasn't been relevant which was the initial statement, if he was relevant than he would of been in more comics, if he developed Batman's tech than it would be stated in comics, you won't find a single scan that states Fox is behind Batman's tech such as the slider tech, not the Brother Eye and not the Insider Suit.

I honestly can't tell if you're just an idiot or just a very bad troll. I'm going to go with both because it takes a certain skill to be a good troll, a skill that you clearly lack, and the fact that you haven't acknowledge this would make you an idiot regardless. If you don't know what you're talking about, which is the more likely case, than don't post. If you're trolling, than do it right, because I respect a good troll and you're clearly bad at it.

#45 Edited by Trollheim (243 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know, Kryptonian society is really, really old. Having a high level of technology isn't that surprising when you consider that.

The reason Lex Luthor is such a genius is because although he was born into a society primitive compared to interplanetary societies, his mind is able to think in such a way that he can produce all sorts of mind-boggling inventions. If Lex Luthor had the resources and technology of Krypton... he would probably be a god, given what he has done with just Earth tech.

#46 Posted by JetsetWave (4 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I know, Kryptonian society is really, really old. Having a high level of technology isn't that surprising when you consider that.

The reason Lex Luthor is such a genius is because although he was born into a society primitive compared to interplanetary societies, his mind is able to think in such a way that he can produce all sorts of mind-boggling inventions. If Lex Luthor had the resources and technology of Krypton... he would probably be a god, given what he has done with just Earth tech.

The funny thing is, this exact thing already happened in the Black Ring story arc

#47 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are smart in different ways.

Bruce has the better deductive mind, Tony has the better engineering mind.

#49 Posted by The Stegman (23162 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Come on man, watch the insults. You should know better.

#50 Posted by Waveofthefuture (1 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: Those are the rules of Comicvine, when determining a characters capabilities and how they stack up we go by feats, we don't go by speculation, we don't go by ABC logic, we go by feats. You can ask any moderator or any staff member and they will tell you the same thing. You can go to any comic site, KMC, CBR or any other site and they will tell you the same thing.

You call him a sad stupid and petty person yet he clearly made more sense than you did and didn't backtrack like you did.

Both are smart in different ways.

Bruce has the better deductive mind, Tony has the better engineering mind.

/thread