Who can survive superman's moon busting punch?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

it was funny at first....

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm does this count if he just regens? because Alucard Pre or Post Shrondinger, either way.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm does this count if he just regens? because Alucard Pre or Post Shrondinger, either way.

That would be kind of cheating but I guess so.

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

The Spot from Marvel.

No Caption Provided

fiodestromus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By fiodestromus

@juiceboks said:

1. Juggernaut

2. John Stewart

This with a cup of coffee

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@web_flotsam:

So your saying planet busting attacks are enough to kill goku ? ROLF , @thedarklordpandamonium @limpzyloan

is a ki blast different from a physical attack ?

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@web_flotsam:

So your saying planet busting attacks are enough to kill goku ? ROLF , @thedarklordpandamonium @limpzyloan

Yes, I am saying that. No DBZ character has ever survived a planet-busting attack head-on. They always deflect them and knock them away before they go off. Like when Freeza spammed finger beams at Goku, they only exploded when Goku knocked them into the ground, not when he touched them (not saying those were planet busting, that's just an example of the concept).

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By houseshm

@web_flotsam:

I am going to interrupt here sorry about this. Piccollo casual ki blast was able to destroy the moon. It takes 30 trillion megatons of force to do that. Ki blast is a concentrated force like a punch so they would be the same. I think goku can take piccollo's ki blasts which deliver moonbusting force.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: You missed my post. Also, that wasn't what I would call casual.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@web_flotsam: that's becuase they prefer to not be hit. Oh wait , FRIEZA. Survived a planet busting attack and trunks was able to bypass that durrability by powering up his sword with ki , yet he couldn't even cut goku's pinky .

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@web_flotsam:

Lol...nobody is going to take you seriously here man.

If you're looking for a debate do it on forums where people don't know anything about DBZ.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: You missed my post. Also, that wasn't what I would call casual.

This is pretty casual no charging up at all.

No Caption Provided

same in the anime

Loading Video...

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@web_flotsam: that's becuase they prefer to not be hit. Oh wait , FRIEZA. Survived a planet busting attack and trunks was able to bypass that durrability by powering up his sword with ki , yet he couldn't even cut goku's pinky .

Wrong. Freeza survived a planet exploding. Very big difference, especially considering how much rubble we could still see floating around. He didn't take the full power to destroy a planet, he only took the tiny fraction that hit him.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: No charging, but it was at full power and left him tired, at least in the anime.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: oh yeah not only that but during goku has taken blasts from vegeta was stated multiple times to be able to blow up the planet , yet goku took his blasts, wtf dude? You sound idiotiotic .

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: I think you misunderstood. I was supporting your point about goku being able to take a moonbusting or higher blast based on picollo moon busting blast being casual.

Date_Masamune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol everything that involves Superman turns into Dbz debate then usually turns into a flame war.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@web_flotsam: it was pretty much a casual ki blast. He just looked up at the moon and raised his hand and said be gone and fired it.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: oh man ! I was call water idiotic , not chu

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Web_Flotsam

@houseshm: It was still full power. Remember that that was the move he used against Raditz. He had clearly lowered the charge time to nothing through training. Besides, this is kind of a pointless argument considering he never tryid to kill Goku with it after he was at moon-busting level.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@web_flotsam: Goku has been hit with alot worse though than picollo ki blast. It's not full power since picollo would have to charge it up if it was. At most its 5-10%. Against raditz, he took forever to charge up the special beam cannon. This was just a ki blast.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@date_masamune: no flame bro , just debating on whether goku has planet + durrability

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since Superman can only punch 45 megatons Goku survives easily.

Date_Masamune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: Things like these usually turn into a flame war sooner or later, it's just that nobody biased or anti Dragonball has come around yet.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: Goku always deflects any blow that is as strong as that. It's like tossing away a grenade before it explodes. It doesn't mean you can survive it. Also, where do you get that that was only 5-10%? How do you know that's all he used? Remember that when he was fighting Raditz, the special beam cannon only carved up the mountains behind the battlefield.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NighThunder

@web_flotsam: the special beam canon was a concentrated attack ,

DevilMayRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By DevilMayRaven

DMC 2 Dante with Majin Form would take a hundred and just laugh considering he's invincible and can't be killed.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: God you are dense. 1) Take not that I left Buu on the list as I understand that he has insane regen. Goku does not. I also crossed out Ben 10 and you don't see anyone running up saying "ER-mah-GODZ!!! HE hatez BEEEN!!!" like a complete retard.
The one person that disagreed with my opinion did so reasonably and I replied as such. You are a *!T($ though. Common knowledge?? Get out of here with that crap.

@bossmonster said:

@cooldes said:

goku

a few hulk forms

a few ben 10 forms

juggernaut

thor

supes himself(a few kryptonians)

technically any intangible

Buu

Really just about half of fiction

most bricks and flying bricks

Fixed

Re fixed it

Actually, it looks a lot like you broke it there, guy. In fact, I"m pretty sure you just messed it all up.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: first form frieza destroyed planet with a finger.

goku has tanked KI blasts from people more powerful than final form frieza. He would definitely survive.

Alien x , Ult waybig, chromostone, NRG, Bigchill, Ult bigchill, Ghostfreak, Clockwork, Eon, Ult humungasor. i'n sure a few of those are debatable and i'm sure there are even more aliens i didn't name that could.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: You realize insulting is against the rules

And 2. Your argument doesn't make since

ThorAlmighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ThorAlmighty

Batman solos with prep.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Why are people talking about Goku?

Lol

Anyways

The Man Who Can't Get Thrown Into The Sun can handle it pretty nicely.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cardle_grave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Cardle_grave

Since i tend to be a DBZ expert and not know much about others but

I would say anyone above Saiyan saga would survive it

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Your attacks are not worth avoiding."

-Yasha

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: You realize insulting is against the rules

And 2. Your argument doesn't make since

Hmm you are a hypocrite too it seems. Let me spell it out for you then. You want to throw around insult or call me out of name and example of this is

WTF LOLOLLOOLOLOLOLOL somebodies a dbz hater , its common knowledge goku has more than enough durability to take a blow from supes , specially a omne that atomized a moon. PFFT

expect to be insulted right back. I don't care about the rules or this forum that much. It's really just a way for me to kill time.
Moving on, I'll break my other post down too. Goku has never once been hit with a punch the could destroy a moon or a planet. Never. I don't care about how many numbers you want to crunch and power levels you want to compare. No one in DBZ history has ever struck a planet/moon with their fist or foot and popped it. End of story. Goku has also never once survived the explosive yelled of something that also destroyed the planet or moon he was on. It has never happened.

So, here is what we can do, show me a scan of anyone from DBZ busting a planet/ moon with a punch or kick that also fought Goku. I will change my stance on this. Also, show me a scan of Goku being hit by a beam, blast, laser, ball, disk bomb or bolt that also destroy the planet he was on but Goku tanks and survives and again, I will change my argument and concede the point to you as well. Otherwise, Goku will just die from being hit with this punch.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Bossmonster

@cooldes said:

goku has tanked KI blasts from people more powerful than final form frieza. He would definitely survive.

Alien x , Ult waybig, chromostone, NRG, Bigchill, Ult bigchill, Ghostfreak, Clockwork, Eon, Ult humungasor. i'n sure a few of those are debatable and i'm sure there are even more aliens i didn't name that could.

I said this in another comment and I'll say it here too.

Please show me an instance in which Goku was hit with a beam, blast, bolt, ball, laser, disk, ect in which the explosive yelled also destroy the planet or moon he was on, but instead of dying Goku tanks. It is only at this point that we can say Goku can tank a planet busting beam.

However, that would have nothing to do with this thread as the beam or whatever is not a focused, near pin point physical attack that is a punch. This is EXTREMELY different because all of the kinetic force would be driven directly into Goku. Not exploding around him causing possible change reaction, but would be absorbing the the full force of a planet/moon busting attack. So, you would not only need to show a scan or video of someone from DBZ hitting a planet or moon that hard, but then show Goku fighting that person being hit with the same type of punch and living.

I will patiently wait for your scans.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By houseshm

@cooldes said:

I said this in another comment and I'll say it here too.

Please show me an instance in which Goku was hit with a beam, blast, bolt, ball, laser, disk, ect in which the explosive yelled also destroy the planet or moon he was on, but instead of dying Goku tanks. It is only at this point that we can say Goku can tank a planet busting beam.

However, that would have nothing to do with this thread as the beam or whatever is not a focused, near pin point physical attack that is a punch. This is EXTREMELY different because all of the kinetic force would be driven directly into Goku. Not exploding around him causing possible change reaction, but would be absorbing the the full force of a planet/moon busting attack. So, you would not only need to show a scan or video of someone from DBZ hitting a planet or moon that hard, but then show Goku fighting that person being hit with the same type of punch and living.

I will patiently wait for your scans.

well, again with the dbz debates. Gohan SSJ2 punches cell jrs and kills them who have frieza cells. Frieza has survived a planet explosion half dead. Gohan SSJ2 punches have more power than a planet explosion.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Super saiyan 2 goku and vegeta are stronger than gohan SSJ2 when he fought cell

No Caption Provided

Goku can withstand planet-shattering punches and then some.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So yes, Dragonball z character can survive moonbusting punches. Also, this wasnt supposed to become a dbz debate.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By jojjimbo

Anyone with Superman's durability or above.

This, which is a lot of people.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: Ok. So let me get this straight. because Freeza didn't die when namek popped, he has planetary durability. Ok. I can see why you would say that. It's not the topic of debate, so I'll move forward.
But Cell Jrs, have freeza's cells, thus planetary durability. Gohan punched them and they died, thus stronger than planetary busting punch?? Dude no!

Think about it. Cell blew himself up and it didn't pop the system and only destroy King Kai's moon size world. And it completely destroyed his body. He only lived though it because he has crazy regeneration powers. However, if what you say about Cell Jr is true, then he also has cells abilities right? Even being hit with a planet busting punch, that should matter because we know that cell needed to be completely destroyed cell by cell and if there was any left, he would come back. So why didn't cell Jr do that???

So that proves that just because he had the cells he didn't have everything that came with being that person. Cell was part of all of the Z fighters. That included Gohan. If he was getting everything, he would have also got Gohans crazy hidden powers on top of everyone else power that he had, but it didn't stack like that. His power was not the combination of all the powers and abilities of those people he had touched. He only got certain traits. Not all. And that is just shooting down some of the logic.

Your scans in no way prove that he has planet busting punches. No way at all. The scan in the op shows Superman clearly blowing the moon up with a single powerful strike. That is what needs to be posted.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: cell blowing himself up was self-destruction it has nothing to do with his durability. He obviously was going to be blown to nothing. Gohan punched cell so hard it made perfect cell go back to semi-perfect cell and cough up andriod 18. Also, gohan wanted to kill the cell jrs. fast because they were torturing his friends. However, with cell gohan wanted to take his time. He became sadistic and wanted for cell to feel more pain and suffer and not finish him off quickly. Even after goku told him to finish it off he didnt saying cell needed to feel more pain. So no you are wrong. Picollo and master roshi can destroy the moon and goku, vegeta and others have survived much worse.

Cardle_grave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster: Freeza survive namek's explosion yet Got one-shot and died by base gohan punch in M12

Second there not Cells Ability, Regeneration is from Piccolo and even Goku could of have survived the Explosion. It either Saiyan or Freeza durability. Regardless there both strong enough unless your telling me that Cell jnr is weaker than Freeza

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By SonDeathEater

@houseshm:

Ok. So let me get this straight. because Freeza didn't die when namek popped, he has planetary durability. Ok. I can see why you would say that. It's not the topic of debate, so I'll move forward.

1.But Cell Jrs, have freeza's cells, thus planetary durability. Gohan punched them and they died, thus stronger than planetary busting punch?? Dude no!

Think about it. Cell blew himself up and it didn't pop the system and 2.only destroy King Kai's moon size world. And it completely destroyed his body. He only lived though it because he has crazy regeneration powers. However, if what you say about Cell Jr is true, then he also has cells abilities right? Even being hit with a planet busting punch, that should matter because we know that cell needed to be completely destroyed cell by cell and if there was any left, he would come back. So why didn't cell Jr do that???

So that proves that just because he had the cells he didn't have everything that came with being that person. Cell was part of all of the Z fighters. That included Gohan. If he was getting everything, he would have also got Gohans crazy hidden powers on top of everyone else power that he had, but it didn't stack like that. His power was not the combination of all the powers and abilities of those people he had touched. He only got certain traits. Not all. And that is just shooting down some of the logic.

Your scans in no way prove that he has planet busting punches. No way at all. The scan in the op shows Superman clearly blowing the moon up with a single powerful strike. That is what needs to be posted.

1.Learn Ki Amping.People can amp their stats via ki amping.Their stats can reach as high or higher as their Battle Power/Power Level.Piccolo blew up the moon in saiyan saga.Raditz/Saiyan Armor tanked Piccolo's same ki blast..Cell and his buddies were way past Planetary.There's literally a statement in the fight btw Goku and Frieza where Goku says that Frieza can easily blow up a planet,but he can't even destroy a Saiyan Monkey......

2.Look up the calc for that in this website.It's like star level and even then it still has to be 10xEarth Level lowending it.Also,learn Ki control.They can control the range and destructive power of their blasts,unless you think Frieza core bust>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vegeta's Self Sacrifice.

Not gonna post the scans beside Goku mocking frieza.Go back to the locked vs. threads.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sondeatheater: Do you honestly for a second think I'm going to look up a bunch of numbers? That is the single stupidest thing about a DBZ debate. (Please note that I'm not calling you stupid.)
If I crunched numbers based of what Superman has done, you understand what they would start to come out to. He'd have the power to do way more crap than he already has done. So no. I'm not doing anything of the sort. Also, you posted the finger laser. Always liked that moves. Its just funny how it looks remarkably similar to what Dende was killed with and what put a hole though Piccolo. Neither of which busted a planet. I also remember him hitting Goku with a several of this pre SSJ. Soooooo, why do you feel that once was certainly the planet buster??? (Even though we never actually see that beam itself destroy a planet......just saying.)

@bossmonster: Freeza survive namek's explosion yet Got one-shot and died by base gohan punch in M12

Second there not Cells Ability, Regeneration is from Piccolo and even Goku could of have survived the Explosion. It either Saiyan or Freeza durability. Regardless there both strong enough unless your telling me that Cell jnr is weaker than Freeza

Huh? Freeza came back and fought Gohan?? Scans?? I really don't know what you are talking about. So let me get this straight, you are saying that Goku could have survived the explosion caused by Cell, yet it killed Goku in the manga and Anime. Care to explain this in more detail because it seems pretty stupid. Maybe I'm not understanding you or something.

@houseshm said:

@bossmonster: cell blowing himself up was self-destruction it has nothing to do with his durability. He obviously was going to be blown to nothing. Gohan punched cell so hard it made perfect cell go back to semi-perfect cell and cough up andriod 18. Also, gohan wanted to kill the cell jrs. fast because they were torturing his friends. However, with cell gohan wanted to take his time. He became sadistic and wanted for cell to feel more pain and suffer and not finish him off quickly. Even after goku told him to finish it off he didnt saying cell needed to feel more pain. So no you are wrong. Picollo and master roshi can destroy the moon and goku, vegeta and others have survived much worse.

That's funny. I don't remember saying it had anything to do with his durability. I remember saying that the only reason he lived is because he has crazy regen. Also, I really don't care about gohan and his rage and blah blah blah. Him making Cell puke up 18 is not the same as Busting a moon or busting a planet. So I don't know what you're point is on that. The point is Cell blew himself up, with enough force to kill Goku who was,. at the time, close to cell in power. The attack was not a planet buster. It was not a moon buster, but is killed Goku. Killed him completely. He was totally died until the end of the Buu saga and he was in SSJ form. So that kills the idea that Goku would tank. Cell was able to come back after blowing himself up, with enough force to kill Goku. Celll Jr, who was pretty freaking powerful couldn't take a punch. That leads me to believe he probably didn't have the same level of ability that perfect cell actually had, otherwise when Gohan killed, why didn't he just Regen???

So again, I'm getting numbers and feats that aren't connected. I'm asking for something really simple. A scan of Goku tanking a planet busting attack. This would most likely mean that the planet would pop while he was on it but he would level. Or a scan of someone punch a planet/moon and busting it, then that same person hitting Goku full power and him not being killed. Easy. Otherwise, why are we debated that Goku can tank when he has never done it. Show it and I'll be the first to admit it.

Buu was on the list earlier. I believe he could take this punch. Maybe even more than once. Goku on the other hand would die without question.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By AngryHulks

The problem is that Superman's railgun attack don't have Ki energy involved, so the result might be different.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: It was still full power. Remember that that was the move he used against Raditz. He had clearly lowered the charge time to nothing through training. Besides, this is kind of a pointless argument considering he never tryid to kill Goku with it after he was at moon-busting level.

How was it the Special Beam Cannon? The SBC is fired directly from the tips of the index and middle fingers and has a very distinctive spiral pattern. The attack Piccolo used on the moon was fired from his palm and looked very much like any other generic ki beam seen throughout the series. Plus, the SBC actually has a drilling quality to it, that's why it punched a hole right through Raditz instead of blowing him up. If it were the actually the SBC, it should have only punched a hole through the moon, not obliterated it.

Also, "not charging," is pretty much by definition a casual attack. It's just a property of how ki works in the series. The more time they have to build ki, the more powerful an attack they can use. However powerful an attack Piccolo can launch in 2 seconds, he can make a better one by charging ki for 30.

So basically, your claim is that Final Form Freeza is weaker than Piccolo or Master Roshi? And you think that makes sense?

Yeah, this is the basic problem I pretty much always see crop up on the DBZ threads here. The standard of proof demanded by the anti DBZ posters tends to be raised to completely absurd levels. But the bigger problem is that it is generally hypocritical, since the same standards are not applied to comic characters.

Show me Darkseid lifting 100 tons. She-Hulk can lift more than that, so until you show me scans of Darkseid actually lifting as much as she can, She-Hulk totally outclasses him in strength. What, he's wrestled with Superman? Yeah, but do we know that Superman was using his full strength at the time? Was he lifting anything that weighed over 100 tons around the time he was fighting Darkseid? Nope.

You can play this absurd little game with all his other qualities too, and with plenty of other characters. Have you ever actually seen him tank a genuine planet buster? No? Then he gets his head punched off by Hulk. He can tank Superman's heat vision? So what, lots of people have survived Supes' heat vision, we don't know he was using it at full strength at the time, etc.

The only real way feats of one character vs another matter, and the assumption that is pretty much always made, is that if the stakes are appropriately high, then the characters are assumed to be making some sort of genuine effort to harm each other, unless there is good evidence to believe otherwise. When Superman fights someone like Darkseid, Despero, Doomsday, etc, it is assumed that he's going to use a significant fraction of his power to try to actually win the fight so that they can't go on killing and terrorizing innocent people. It is likewise assumed the other party will fight back just to try avoiding getting the crap beaten out of them.

In DBZ, we have very clear proof Piccolo can fire off a moonbuster with virtually no charge time. It makes zero sense that he would not have used this attack on Nappa, especially since he did manage to successfully blast him in the back before Nappa could see it coming. What possible reason could Piccolo have for holding back almost all of his power in a fight where he's getting crushed and the other heroes are being killed one-by-one? Of course he's going to hit Nappa hard. And Nappa tanked it with no problem. Later, after a significant upgrade, Piccolo also lands a direct ki blast on Freeza's 2nd form. Vegeta actually shot him in the back with one as well. Again, we know Piccolo can destroy a moon with no charge time. Why in the world would he not use such an attack on a guy like Freeza, someone who is not only completely evil, but personally responsible for the extinction of his race? It makes no sense.

DBZ is really not that complicated. The main heroes surpassed planet-busting level by the end of the Saiyan Saga, and Freeza and SS Goku are on a whole other level. It should be clear as day to anyone who simply follows the progression of events.