Who Can Replicate Saitama's Feat?

• 56 results
never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With a punch who can replicate Saitama's feat?

I'll start Post-Crisis Superman or Hulk.

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Krillin. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This lol.

Captain Falcon on steroids?

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Dragon Ball character to date.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

This lol.

I think anime Captain Falcon could get close if you highball him.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol guys.

ryubh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable said:

This lol.

You kidding? Capt. Falcon pierced a galaxy side to side

Loading Video...

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryubh said:
@thedarkpaladin said:
@darthaznable said:

This lol.

You kidding? Capt. Falcon pierced a galaxy side to side

Loading Video...

With what, a flash of light?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A really really pissed off Superman

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up: Oh, crap. Uh uh, a really really pissed off Death Seed Sentry. Lol

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@ryubh: That explosion wasn't caused by Captain Falcons punch. The machine thing blowing up did

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Hehe anyone could, as long as the person writing the said character wanted them to. That's the truth.

Saitama is a character of a parody series and as such logical argument would not help you in or against his favor.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehe anyone could, as long as the person writing the said character wanted them to. That's the truth.

Saitama is a character of a parody series and as such logical argument would not help you in or against his favor.

Friend why you do that lol.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RustyRoy

Who's Saitama and what's happening in that scan?

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@claymore1998: Saitama is not from a parody. OPM may have started that way if it makes you feel better, but definitely that series is very unique.

Edit: Also wtf how did Captain Falcon become a galaxy buster? Lol.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krillin after when he finds out someone banged his wife.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Saitama is not from a parody. OPM may have started that way if it makes you feel better, but definitely that series is very unique.

Edit: Also wtf how did Captain Falcon become a galaxy buster? Lol.

Hehehe define "parody" then, friend. How is it not parody. After all nothing about Saitama is parody from how he became strong to him sitting there all surprised in a middle of a artificial black hole etc.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998 said:

Friend why you do that lol.

Hehe but they are fictional characters, what am i suppose to say hehe :p

TheMan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@claymore1998: So explain the parody to me? I assume you've read past Boros?

I cant understand in what way OPM is blatantly making fun?

The-Seeffiss17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Whoever said no DB character Goku was sending shockwaves across numerous planets... LOL...

Pretty much anyone in the "class100" strength tier.

botanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every planetary lvl character can.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: So explain the parody to me? I assume you've read past Boros?

Well everything about it. Parody by definition is a series created as a humorous exaggeration of something. Isn't that exactly what One Punch Man is a humorous exaggeration of a hero?

You see him fighting an enemy, lamenting, sweating and then finally its revealed that it was because today was his special sales day.

Oh I was primarily talking about the anime but in regards to manga yes I have. The current Manga atm is dealing with Saitama being in a tournament. The originally One Manga I have read till Garou is defeated. At the time I was reading there were no new issue that had come.

I cant understand in what way OPM is blatantly making fun?

A fun of a traditional hero. He is an exactly traditional hero who can beat anyone with a punch should he try. Since you mentioned going past Boros, against Garou he does pretty much the same thing. The villian keeps changing, morphing, getting more powerful beats everyone and Saitama is like nice I wanna come play with you.

I mean how can you not see how his face is drawn, the way he walks etc. It clearly shows it's a parody. I fear I do not understand what your definition of parody is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@claymore1998: the part you left out of your definition is: "in imitation of the style of another art". OPM imitates noone, it just happens to be comedic sometimes. No one else but maybe Saitama in OPM remotely exaggerates above comics.

Isn't anyone who has insane powers a parody then? Gladiator would laugh at any enemy Saitama faces. Is he a parody for being exaggerated? I could post a scan of Hulk smiling and laying back with his hands behind his head while Ms. Marvel gives him her best shot from orbit. Is he a parody?

A parody blatantly makes fun of a series via imitation of some sort. If Saitama trained really hard in karate and chi and then learned ki and turned superhuman transformation mode, it would be a parody. If it had magic powers and Saitama unconsciously tapped into them maybe. Or Gods and Demons. Or something.

Instead it is very unique, pragmatic, especially with Garou. His motivation and the way he gains power is strange and the way it plays out is unique. Even the hero association, Saitama's power source, the characterization, morals, its all very unique to me.

Not a parody at all.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: the part you left out of your definition is: "in imitation of the style of another art". OPM imitates noone, it just happens to be comedic sometimes.

Hehehe friend you are implying if I was leaving details out of the definition. That's not what I was trying to do friend I was trying to explain the thing to you but since you've quoted it, my job becomes easier.

What style of art does One Punch Man imitate? Simple, the traditional superhero genre. What happens in normal super hero series? A villian comes who is normally more powerful than a hero, the hero then goes on a massive training of some sort. Finally comes back with a way to defeat a villian.

See how One Punch Man works, a villian comes, Saitama kills the villian and continues to lament that the villians were too weak. Happens everytime. That's the genre it is making fun of.

Lets go chronologically, remember when Genos shows up for the first time. You see Saitama struggle to kill a single simple mosquito. So tell me, was that because the mosquito was too powerful for Saitama. No, because its a parody. They are just having fun starting a story.

Look at Saitama in the heroes association meeting, he is normally looking at one end of the ceiling etc.

No one else but maybe Saitama in OPM remotely exaggerates above comics.

Sorry I do not get what you are trying to say or why we even have comics there as comparison. Also what exaggeration are you referring to, friend? Sorry I don't really understand.

Isn't anyone who has insane powers a parody then?

Hehe but do you not see the difference between the instance you are quoting. Okay lets go all the way back to Hickman's run of Everything Ends. The battle you are talking about happened there between Ms Marvel and Hulk.

Now tell me, did you see Hulk crying about the fact that Ms. Marvel was too weak? See where the difference lies, friend.

How many super hero series can you name me where superhero is so powerful that his biggest complain is he never gets hurt?

I am not sure how you are missing it friend, but its all right there in the series.

A parody blatantly makes fun of a series via imitation of some sort.

Just like One Punch Man has done throughout the series.

Saitama trained really hard in karate and chi and then learned ki and turned superhuman transformation mode, it would be a parody.

Compared to what happened in the anime where he does a standard bog training for 3 years to become as powerful. Remember his moto, train hard enough that your hairs fall off and you will be strong.

You are suggesting the explanation given is any better than the joke you are trying to make there, friend?

Even the hero association, Saitama's power source, the characterization, morals, its all very unique to me.

Hehehe you don't see a parody in Saitama's power source. 3 years of standard training. Evidently he ran, did push up and as a result he lost his hair. Now that he has a completely expression less face. The way he looks how is that not a pretty indicative of parody, friend?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Who's Saitama and what's happening in that scan?

Thanks for the help guys. Anyways saw the first episode, it was entertaining but not sure if he's a character who's meant to be taken seriously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@claymore1998: so you admit it is the opposite of popular anime and comic tropes? And unique?

And Superman gets his powers from Sunlight. Way stupider than training hard and preaching the value of hard work and the human spirit like OPM. Its comics... OPM is still not a parody.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Spinach fed Popeye

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: so you admit it is the opposite of popular anime and comic tropes? And unique?

And Superman gets his powers from Sunlight. Way stupider than training hard and preaching the value of hard work and the human spirit like OPM. Its comics... OPM is still not a parody.

OPM is a parody of the shonen/ superhero trope. Come on Superman is an ALIEN, Saitama (for now) is a HUMAN who essentially did normal exorcises for few years to become that god-like. Saitama is cool but he's even more unrelatable from a power and ability standpoint than Superman or Goku. At least I can rationalize them being aliens as opposed to Saitama being god-like for a silly reason.

Back to the OP topic: Didn't Whitebeard and Shanks split the clouds in their clash?

Shadowmaster91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Donkey Kong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@heatforce: Nah, he isnt a trope, he may make one though... sorry.

Also, silly logic my friend. I could have used many examples. The F4 or Hulk or Spider-Man. I chose a popular hero in Superman. Him being an alien doesn't change the fact that he is basically a giant sunflower. All superhero origins are silly.

If anything OPM may be satirical... but it is definitely not a parody or a trope... it is the opposite of most animes and anime tropes. Normally the enemy is stronger and everyone has to team up or train to win.

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By midnightdragon18

Goku

Popeye

Too many to list

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_of_green: Friend, i fear you've already made up your mind. Lets just agree to disagree.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: So what specific anime or manga does it imitate pray tell?

Weird Al is parody.

Animal Farm is satire.

OPM is possibly satire.

Get the difference?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@claymore1998: i can live with that. I just would like to point out that there is a difference between satirical content and straight-up parody.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What is happening in this scan?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By buttersdaman000

@avatar_of_green said:

@buttersdaman000: So what specific anime or manga does it imitate pray tell?

Weird Al is parody.

Animal Farm is satire.

OPM is possibly satire.

Get the difference?

Satire and Parody are closely related but also vastly different....Animal Farm is a satire, yes, and Weird Al does parodies. They both take established material and "make fun of it" on it in often humorous ways but the way they do it, the execution and the end goals are vastly different. Take Animal Farm for example. It's subject matter was serious, it took itself serious, and it's execution was not on the nose.....it does try to make it's ready laugh but it's not a "HAHAHA" laugh but more of a "I understand the irony and humor in that haha" laugh.......IIRC, another big aspect of satire is that it is usually written for Political or Social reasons like, of course, Animal Farm.

Parodies, on the other hand, do not really take themselves seriously and are usually written to get laughs out of a subject matter by playing it out in funny, on the nose ways i.e Weird Al parodying songs with the same beats, and flow but different lyrics.

OPM, as we can all tell, does not take itself serious, does not include serious, political, or social subject matter, is designed to illicit "HAHAHA" laughs, usually exaggerates, and is really on the nose....like Saitama saying he achieved his power by doing basic workouts but in a "serious" way...obviously a parody of shonens like dragon ball where characters get stronger by doing extreme versions of this.

So yeah, what specific manga/comic does it parody? IDK, i've only read a few chapters but it's clear Saitama himself is a parody of the archetypal hero who always wins the fight in the end.

EDIT:

here's a link

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/cliffsnotes/subjects/literature/whats-the-difference-between-parody-and-satire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@buttersdaman000: Will you please stop linking me to things I am explaining to you?

Lol.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Professor Hulk, Roshi, Naruto, a drunk Darkseid

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With a punch I hope you know.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HighAccuser

@nerevarine_11 said:

With a punch I hope you know.

Yes. Hulk should be easy enough, Naruto as well, Roshi could do it if he focused his ki in such a way, and Darkseid could do it as casually as a man doing a pushup. This isn't anything new.

Progic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kakashi

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone with multi-continent striking power and above. Thing & Namor could do this rather casually, for example. Guys like Superman, Goku, Thor, Hulk or Marvel Godzilla can do that with a finger flick.

MudaMudaMuda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gintoki when trolling... by kicking a can.

No Caption Provided