• 73 results
#1 Edited by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

So i have been on this website for a few months now and every battle I see that involves Flash, a large majority of people say "Flash stomps" without even posting scans. I made a Flash vs Pre-Crisis Superman a while back and even then a lot of people said Flash would win.

I was thinking who could really beat him without being a reality bender/ Mind raper/ Time traveler/ Unkillable/Omnipotent etc.

But I was thinking what if someone could blow up the planets, use telekinesis on him, phase or teleport beat Flash?

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (43582 posts) - - Show Bio

Frankly, Flash is one of the strongest people in comics, and IMO the most powerful person on the Justice League. He is extremely hard to beat.

#3 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know. A bloodlusted Flash could kill you before you realize he's there

#4 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@thereptile: In theory, it'll be very difficult to beat Flash. Think about it, Flash can basically travel at any speed. Kingdom Come Flash was pretty much omnipresent. So, it'll be tough to hit him, especially since he reacts and thinks at light speeds. In an incalculable amount of time, Flash would have vibrated his hand through your skull or heart (bloodlusted of course). That is why writers write Flash as such a nice guy. His weakness is that he doesn't go at full speed because it could destroy stuff and people around him. And while he has the potential to defeat almost anyone, he doesn't because he isn't bloodlusted and doesn't want to hurt those around him...meaning he won't go at his full potential.

#5 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: While I mostly agree with your point, I think MM is the strongest (I know he more in the JSA) but to like 99% people on this website they would say that Flash would stomp MM before he even knows it....If you look at this awesome picture MM is fighting the whole dang Justice League by himself and Flash is on the ground....

#6 Posted by lifeofvibe (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Wolverine08 (43582 posts) - - Show Bio

@thereptile:

I'd say MM is the second strongest on Justice League. A bloodlusted Flash is frankly, virtually unbeatable.

#8 Edited by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree Flash often has the potential to do almost anything and beat almost anyone, but for this reason he is always written off as clumsy and stuff, tripping and getting hit/downed for a fight. Looking from a fan perspective, collecting all of his feats and combining them, he's one of the most powerful heroes in the DC universe.

#9 Posted by Oscars94 (2580 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: okay but people fight Flash on a regular basis and he has villains that he struggles to deafeat.

#11 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

A bloodlusted superman,MMH,Zoom.

Superman can survive in space so he destroys the earths atmosphere and Flash dies
MMH can probably do the same,or use telepathy

Zoom is just faster

#12 Posted by Wolverine08 (43582 posts) - - Show Bio

@thereptile:

That is mostly due to the fact doesn't use his powers to their full extent. If he did, his whole rogues gallery would be annihilated.

#13 Posted by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Okay i'll take that, I didn't think MM could take Flash when Flash is blood-lusted but MM is so friggin underrated its unbelievable. (I am one of the 6 Martian Manhunter fanboys that exist)

#14 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: plus, the people around him could get hurt. anything going at light speed on Earth would do some serious damage

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (43582 posts) - - Show Bio

@thereptile:

Martian Manhunter is vastly underrated. He could probably take out everyone on the Justice League besides Flash with mid level difficulty. The guy is an extreme example of being as versatile as a Swiss Army Knife.

#16 Edited by GreenArrow4924 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree MMH or Zoom could.

What about Red Tornado's wind control? Couldn't he cause a vacuum and eliminate Flash's air?

Could Black Canary's cry or a sonic arrow from Ollie stop him while one or the other knock him out? Or will the speed force shield him even standing still?

Tera can cause Earthquakes and control rocks.

#17 Edited by Chaos Prime (10857 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree MMH or Zoom could.

What about Red Tornado's wind control? Couldn't he cause a vacuum and eliminate Flash's air?

Could Black Canary's cry or a sonic arrow from Ollie stop him while one or the other knock him out? Or will the speed force shield him even standing still?

welcome to the vine :)

Imo Kal Kent has more than enough power to stop Flash.

#18 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@greenarrow4924: I agree MMH and Zoom can beat Flash. But with Red Tornado, Black Canary, and Green Arrow, that would only work if they surprised attacked him. In a fair battle, face to face, 20 feet apart, there's no way they can beat Flash. Someone says: 3, 2, 1...go! Right at the "go" Flash could knock them out before they can even react. I know, sounds really OP lol

#19 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11496 posts) - - Show Bio

#20 Edited by GreenArrow4924 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I edited before I read your reply and added Tera as a possibility. What do you think about her? Tera can cause Earthquakes and control rocks.

@chaos_prime: Thanks!

#21 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@oscars94: Well I don't know. I don't think Zoom just goes around killing everyone. He picks his kills. Like when he went back in time to kill Barry's mom. Or the time that he killed someone he didn't allow his research to go through. Or the time he killed the boyfriend of a woman he loved and killed everyone she ever went out with. IIRC Zoom's motivations aren't really to kill everyone, just whatever makes him happy. Plus, Barry's there to stop him

@greenarrow4924: maybe. But I have a feeling that Flash at full speed would punch her before she even reacts

#22 Posted by ViperKing (422 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on which Flash but either Barry Allen or Wally West can go at Mach 9350, 2,000 miles per second, without breaking a sweat. With effort, he could run eight times around the Earth in three seconds. I agree that Martian Manhunter or Zoom could defeat the Flash. J'onn is so underrated even though he has so many abilities. All of his abilities combined makes Superman look pale. Also, Wally had to steal three other speedster's speed to be able to stalemate Zoom in a race.

The Justice League episode, The Great Brain Robbery, showed how much potential harm he could do. Lex Luthor was in Flash's body and took down Booster Gold, Captain Atom, Elongated Man, Ice, Stargirl, Starman, and Wildcat speedily, without any effort.

Overall, a bloodlusted Flash would be "game over" for nearly all heroes or villains.

#23 Posted by GreenArrow4924 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I'm going to the comic shop Friday. Do you recommend all the Flash New 52 issues?

#24 Posted by ViperKing (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: I'm almost 100% sure that was Professor Zoom. Zoom is a far more dangerous villain than the Professor.

#25 Posted by Squalleon (4628 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: Faster than a moving tachyon.
Tachyon move faster than light.

So Kal Kent>Flash

#26 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@viperking: you're correct. When you said Zoom, I assumed Professor Zoom because I liked him with Barry more. And well every time Zoom tries to do something, Wally is there to stop him. I don't know too much about Zolomon

@greenarrow4924: yes the New 52 Flash series is great. the artwork is beautiful and the rogues shine as always. they're also introducing Reverse Flash to the New 52 for Villains Month, which is exciting

#27 Posted by Oscars94 (2580 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@viperking: don't forget in "The Great Brain Robbery," don't forget that Dr. Fate and GL were trying to stop him! Yeah Luthor is much more intelligent and ruthless, allowing him to show a small extent of how powerful Flash can really be.

EDIT: And yes, MMH is extremely underrated. he's very powerful. Superman is stronger and faster but MMH has way more powers

#29 Posted by TheDarkDaredevil (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom easy

#30 Edited by ViperKing (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Hunter Zolomon is the fastest speedster alive. He pushed the limits on the Flash to a new level. I can't wait for the Rogues on Villains Month.

Edit - Yeah, he's a time manipulator. For some reason, I forgot about that. Also Dr. Fate, Green Lantern, and Red Tornado weren't knocked out. Neither was Mr. Terrific. He probably could have though. Flash has much more experience with his speed so he could probably defeat the entire Justice League.

#31 Posted by batmannflash (6224 posts) - - Show Bio

@viperking: IIRC, Zolomon isn't actually a speedster, he just manipulates time to everything slow relative to him. hence, making him faster

#32 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3786 posts) - - Show Bio

It's easy to beat Wally West on the battle forums, all you need is a thread of Wally morals off vs practically anyone (besided like God or beings that can't be physically harmed) then have the Flash Hater club come in and troll, ignoring his feats and powerset; like Ghostravage for example. Then watch the popularity contest begin. Simple.

#33 Posted by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver age superman

#34 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Vibe could in Justice League of America #6

#35 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom can.

If you need a physical body to survive and can lose to atomization. Chances are you'll lose to flash.

#36 Posted by SheenLantern (6790 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Oscars94 (2580 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Bezza (3719 posts) - - Show Bio

@thereptile:

Martian Manhunter is vastly underrated. He could probably take out everyone on the Justice League besides Flash with mid level difficulty. The guy is an extreme example of being as versatile as a Swiss Army Knife.

I'd agree with this! I've often wondered why he has so many powers....combine the super strength, telepathy, teleporting and intangibility and how on earth do you beat him?!

#39 Edited by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

@bezza said:

@wolverine08 said:

@thereptile:

I'd agree with this! I've often wondered why he has so many powers....combine the super strength, telepathy, teleporting and intangibility and how on earth do you beat him?!

By phasing his brain or his whole head faster than he can react.

#40 Edited by Strider92 (16725 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy as long as he's in full control:

Zahariel El'Zurias

#41 Posted by Beerminator1 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Martian Manhunter, and only because of his mind control powers. The modern Flash is a ridiculously overpowered and a broken character. I really wish someone would draw a line on the whole speed stealing and body vibrating thing...

#42 Posted by Cooldes (4134 posts) - - Show Bio

Zoom.

/thread

#43 Posted by Iragexcudder (5116 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean Zoom had and Mirror Man has given him a tough time but I believe that Gladiator COULD MAYBE hit him.. He has nanosecond reaction times so it's a possibility..

#44 Edited by Darksider555 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack said:

@bezza said:

@wolverine08 said:

@thereptile:

By phasing his brain or his whole head faster than he can react.

@beerminator1

MM doesent teleport. In Justice League of America 6, Flash vibrated his hand into MMs body severly hurting him. Could MM avoid this with his own phasing powers? And Flash is immune to telepahy since he can speed up his thoughts preventing any telepath to control him. He used this tactic against Black Lantern Martian Manhunter.

#45 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio

DC has a habbit of messing up chatacters.

#46 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

vibe can

#47 Posted by Lvenger (20686 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Professor_Zoom (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Since no one is faster then Flash (except Zoom), one way you could beat him is if you:

1. are physically invulnerable (his punches would be worthless)

2. have powers such as telepathy or reality warping (allowing you to KO someone without hitting them)

Proteus can probably do it.

#49 Posted by ZhuRong (3927 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#50 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1235 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't anyone kill him if he is standing still and unaware? I mean just take a shot a mile away while Barry is watching TV.

*Before someone counters with "Flash can just dodge it" I just want to say that bullets travel faster than sound so there will be nothing to indicate the oncoming bullet to the unsuspecting Flash not giving him any time to react.