Who are top 10 force users in Star Wars?

• 69 results
PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By PapiNacho

1. Luke

2. Yoda/Darth Sidious (They tied guys, seriously)

4.Barsen'thor (Jedi Consularplayer from The Old Republic Game whose abilities have shown to fast surpass Revan)

5.Darth Caedus

6. Jaina Solo

7.Exar Kun/Ulic Quel Droma

9.Satele Shan

10.Obi-wan Kenobi (tied in ROTS when Anakin was at full potential and Obi's Force mastery only increased in episode 4)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@papinacho: I've done the Consular storyline, and I don't recall anything that puts Barsen'thor anywhere remotely in that region. How could you put him above Caedus, too. Ripping blast doors apart with TK is not going to warrant you into top ten.

As for Marek and Revan - they're not top ten. That's why I didn't place them in the top ten.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Would Darth Vader be 6? And should we separate Anakin from Darth Vader on the list as they have different power levels. Also who's nore powerful Anakin in ROTS or Darth Vader in the EU and Star Wars Universe?

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PapiNacho: I now know why JediXMan doesn't respond to posts anymore. Yoda did not time if he had why did he not continue the fight? Or even if he'd been to injured why not heal up and then fight him at some later point? Please do yourself a favor and read the ROTS novelization. Barsen isn't even on the list. You skipped 3. Obi wan Kenobi is not in the top 10 although he is close.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: You're are right about number three, I assumed since the hero of Tython defeated Vitiate the Jedi Consular would be his equal in terms of force mastery but if you have played the games you should know better than me. Also I forgot Vitiate which was shortsighted of me. I do however think that while you are correct about Revan being overrated, you underrate him to much. He is a player character and meant to be powerful, like Kyle Katarn. Ditto Nomi Sundrier who has impressive force severing feats. Finally I also can't believer I forgot Kyp Durron who is meant to be Luke's strongest student if I remember correctly.

@beezlebub: Yoda did not continue the fight because he was disarmed in terms of force mastery he was shown to be Sidious equal. The ROTS novelization referred to the battle having been lost before Yoda was even born, which meant it was a reflection of the Jedi order's structure not on Yoda's or Sidous' powers. Finally I didn't skip number three since number 2 was a tie for me, both Yoda and Sidious could be 2 and 3, interchangeably and thus the Jedi Consular got the fourth spot.

spacebat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By spacebat

Skywalker is not the most powerful and canon does not state that he is. Prophecies only stated that he would be the most important jedi in the fight against the empire and before him that prophecy was thought to belong to Anakin.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShootingNova

@papinacho:Being a player character means nothing. The only viable feats for Revan are those from The Old Republic: Revan novel. Which is not that great. His best feats are hurling blast doors apart with TK and absorbing Lightning and hurling it back. His healing feat is arguably up there. But none of that gets him into top ten.

And by the way, Yoda actually lost that battle. It was far from a stomp, but Sidious overpowered Yoda's limits with lightning (although this practically cost all of Palpatine's power):

In the Senate Arena, lightning forked from the hands of a Sith, and bent away from the gesture of a Jedi to shock Redrobes into unconsciousness. Then there were only the two of them. Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

The end came with astonishing suddenness. The shadow could feel how much it cost the little green freak to bend back his lightnings into the cage of energy that enclosed them both; the creature had reached the limits of his strength.

Source: Revenge of the Sith

Palpatine also has better feats, more certainly so by the time of DE.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PapiNacho

@shootingnova: It means that he is meant to be a protagonist of that particular era. Revan was at the very least strong enough to impress Darth Traya and the Jedi council thought him the most powerful Jedi of his era. Also the line from Stover's ROTS was from the perspective of Darth Sidious who is known to be overconfident in his own abilities. The movie which demonstrated their tie in force mastery very clearly. Additionally while Sidious has some very high tier feats, they are based on destruction which is something that Yoda would never feel the need to replicate. Dooku stated in The Dark Rendezvous that if Yoda ever turned into the dark side his power would extinguish Sidious. Not by any new skill he might learn but but loosening of conscience.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: None of these are feats. Being a protagonist means what, exactly? Meetra Surik was the protagonist of K2, impressed Traya and so on, and in the Revan novel her feats were but mediocre. Scourge himself said he would be a match for her. Feats are all that matter. Overstretching position is irrelevant.

And no, the quotes were not from Palpatine's point of view - they was from a third-person-omniscient perspective, that is, the writer's perspective in which he knows everything. He is stating that he knows that Palpatine knows that Yoda had reached his limits. Palpatine being overconfident has nothing to do with realizing Yoda was at the limits of his strength, especially given Palpatine himself used up practically all his power. I can't see how you would think it was in Palpatine's perspective when Palpatine was explicitly described in third person (Lord of all Sith, the shadow, etc.).

And other sources such as the ROTS Junior Novelization suggest Palpatine wasn't entirely sure he could defeat Yoda. Dooku's speculation of Yoda turning to the Dark Side is irrelevant. Not only is it absolute conjecture (which is also practically the entire basis for your argument), but Dooku himself can be wrong. He isn't omniscient, unlike the writer.

Yoda not wanting to replicate destructive feats is irrelevant. He was fighting for the sake of the entire galaxy when he challenged Palpatine, he had to use all his strength (as was stated) and he could not defeat Palpatine. Yes, he was fully convicted, he simply lacked the means to overpower his opponent.

None of your posts regard feats at all. You can speculate a thousand things, but the Battles forum uses logic and evidence, not conjecture and speculation. Unless what you believe is explicitly proven, then that is not the case. You haven't mentioned feats at all, and the rules of the Battles forum that essentially makes your post mute. However, your post is at least logical and plausible, but nonetheless it is still conjecture.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Fodder76

Also even if Yoda and Sidious had tied ( which they didn't ) we are using the entire Star Wars Universe including the EU as a source that includes Sidious being able to summon a force storm and Luke Skywalker realigning a black hole. Yoda has never in the entire SW universe shown feats even close to this. Also to go back to my previous question which you didn't answer why didn't Yoda go back and face Sidious again with the help of rogue Jedi or even obi wan if he felt that they were equals he could have sued someone else to tip the balance. Also didn't he say something like beaten I am or something close to that after he escaped the senate with Bail?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ShootingNova

@beezlebub: Was that a question for me? Yes, he was defeated. That is why he didn't return. He needed to shield his presence from Palpatine, not reveal himself again. Palpatine was continually getting stronger anyways, and Yoda knew it was up to Anakin's children now, not him.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was more of a statement to Nacho. If he was equal or greater strength why didn't he seek aid and attack Sidious he wasn't and new that an attack would fail so he didn't do it.

attatje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By attatje

I love Ulic Qel-Droma

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So where would you place him?

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So back to my previous question would Darth Vader be 6 and should we separate Anakin and Darth Vader as they have different power levels.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My list would probably be:

1. Grand Master Luke (Though I dont know any feats, apparently hes the most powerful in SW)

2. Darth Sidious (Same as above)

3. Somewhere around Vitiate and Nihilus

4. Darth Caedus (Same as 2&1)

5. Master Revan (Not necessarily force FEATS, but on knowledge he's definitely there)

6. Darth Plagueis or Master Yoda are probably in there

7. Darth Malgus/Bane, bloodlusted

8. Darth Tyrannus

9. Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

10. Darth Vader

Avatar image for master_of_all_fantasy
Master_of_All_Fantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EU besides ones and such

Luke

Sidious

3. Yoda

4. Emperor Vitiate

5. Darth Caedus

6. Darth Vader

7. Darth Krayt

8. DARTH Plagueis

9. Darth Revan

10. Exar Kun

Canon.

This is up to ROTJ

Sidious

Yoda

Vader

Dooku

Windu

Star killer

The rest I can't decide

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been reading a lot about Garen Malek, and how if he hadn't died at the age of 18 or something like that, that he could have been equals to Luke. This true? Just a casual fan so don't bombard me with anything too crazy.