• 190 results
#1 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio
In my opinion I think is Superman and Batman.
#2 Edited by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF: Is iconic the same as popular?

#3 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool:

Superman doesn't get alot of love from people from people outside of comics. alot of people only like him for his t-shirts with the S logo

#4 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I want to say Wolverine and Batman, there's no way you can leave Superman out of the discussion. If you asked who was the most iconic, it's Superman (even as a non-fan, you have to respect the character). But, number two... well that could be between 2-10 different characters. Batman, Flash, Wolverine, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Moon Knight (just kidding), Captain America, etc...

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Superman and Batman, though Spider-man might be a close third after Bats.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: No Iconic is well beyond simply what is currently popular Superman is Iconic because people the world over can immediately identify him and pretty much know what he's about where as someone like Deadpool who is currently popular isn't Iconic because outside of comics most of the people who know about him have virtually no idea what the character is really like the most they know is that he was in the awful Wolverine movie

#7 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I haven't watch the wolverine movie but was it really that bad?

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: It was almost as bad as Batman and Robin

#10 Posted by Deadcool (6809 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I see, thanks...

@moywar700 said:

@Deadcool:

Superman doesn't get alot of love from people from people outside of comics. alot of people only like him for his t-shirts with the S logo

Well, Superman has a good concept, but the character is portayed in an annoying way...

I like Action Comics Superman, but he still annoying... Thanks for your comment...

#11 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

I'd say Superman and Batman, though Spider-man might be a close third after Bats.

Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine are all good choices for that spot. Though, I agree that Batman and Spider-Man are probably at the top.

#12 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@218Comics said:

@PrinceIMC said:

Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America, and Wolverine are all good choices for that spot. Though, I agree that Batman and Spider-Man are probably at the top.

See I'd say Bats and Spider-man are above people like Cap and Wolverine because you could probably find more non-comic fans in any country in the world who know Batman is Bruce Wayne and Spider-Man is Peter Parker. They'd probably even be able to give you the basics of their origins too. Show someone a picture of Batman or Spider-man from almost any era and they'd probably guess who they are. Wolverine spends too much time out of costume, or he had the new X-Men outfit when he just wore black and no mask for his look to be considered iconic I think.

#13 Edited by jhazzroucher (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

Is that white-haired lady Storm of the X-Men? She looks like Storm to me. : )

Batman and Superman are the most iconic but I think Spider-man has become greater than Superman, or maybe soon.

#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@CODYSF said:

Batman and Superman are the most iconic but I think Spider-man has become greater than Superman, or maybe soon.

Nope that's Supergirl.

#15 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Really? You don't think the same is true of Captain America and Wolverine? I guess I agree in some fashion, though its hard for me to think that people around the world wouldn't know them.

#16 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4691 posts) - - Show Bio

Bluntman and Chronic.

#17 Posted by jhazzroucher (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@CODYSF said:

Nope that's Supergirl.

i see. Her skin looks brownish

#18 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@218Comics:

Well I'm from Central America and any old or young person knows Batman,Sups and Spider-Man but Wolverine and Caps are not big there same thing in South America.

#19 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@218Comics said:

@PrinceIMC: Really? You don't think the same is true of Captain America and Wolverine? I guess I agree in some fashion, though its hard for me to think that people around the world wouldn't know them.

Maybe it's just because I work in a video store and I have to deal with some pretty thick people. I've recommended Captain America and some people are surprised that's it's a comic book movie. I think they think he just exists as a public domain cultural character like Uncle Sam or something. But when Spider-Man, Batman or Superman comes out they just know.

#20 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Bluntman and Chronic.

Now we're talking, Bluntman and Chronic representing the rest of the comic world, lol... I'd read that.

#21 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Heroes; Superman and Spider-Man 

Characters: Batman and Superman. 

#22 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC said:

@218Comics said:

Maybe it's just because I work in a video store and I have to deal with some pretty thick people. I've recommended Captain America and some people are surprised that's it's a comic book movie. I think they think he just exists as a public domain cultural character like Uncle Sam or something. But when Spider-Man, Batman or Superman comes out they just know.

That makes sense... Spider-Man is about as iconic as you can get. If it was DC/Marvel, the choice would be easy in Superman / Spider-Man.

#23 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@PrinceIMC said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@CODYSF said:

Nope that's Supergirl.

i see. Her skin looks brownish

Yeah she's supposed to be in shadows, plus they didn't wanna advertise on the cover that it was going to be Supergirl, that way it could be a surprise in the issue itself.

#24 Posted by SC (12691 posts) - - Show Bio

Popeye the Auto Erotic Sailor and Sailor Moon.  

Both Sailors who swear a lot and love vegetables. Small world. 

#25 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

@218Comics:

Well I'm from Central America and any old or young person knows Batman,Sups and Spider-Man but Wolverine and Caps are not big there same thing in South America.

That's exactly what I wanted to know, which characters truly carry worldwide notoriety. Thanks :)

#26 Posted by jhazzroucher (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

@218Comics said:

@CODYSF said:

@218Comics:

That's exactly what I wanted to know, which characters truly carry worldwide notoriety. Thanks :)

it reminds me of this Storm image.

#27 Edited by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@218Comics:

You welcome welcome buddy ^_^.

#28 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Batman, quite easily.

/thread

#29 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher:

Now that is a kick ass pic of storm.

#30 Posted by jhazzroucher (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

@jhazzroucher:

Now that is a kick ass pic of storm.

do you think Wolverine takes the 4th place?

#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (15071 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

Hulk and Captain America.

what!!!????? Maybe Hulk is close but Wolverine and Spider-man are more iconic than Cap.

#32 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@CODYSF said:

@The Stegman said:

#33 Edited by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man and Wolverine for Marvel. Batman and Superman for DC. As for the top two, choose one from each pair and there you go. 

#34 Edited by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher:

Yeah your right when it comes to world wide Caps is not iconic to Hulk and Wolverine but Cap is my favorite Marvel character :]

#35 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Spider-Man and Batman.

#36 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

Why only two? I think any character known outside the medium of comics or movies could be considered iconic. Thus Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Spider Man, the Hulk, the X-Men.

#37 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man and Hulk for Marvel.

Superman and Batman for DC.

#38 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're sticking to Comic Books heroes then definitely Superman and Batman. That's just an obvious choice.

@moywar700 said:

@Deadcool:

Really? I'd say he gets more love from people outside of comics than he does inside comicdom. He's a very difficult character to write well and fans realize that and unfortunately he sometimes becomes the target of their misgivings. However he's a very easy character to make a blockbuster movie about which reaches a much wider target audience.

#39 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheWitchingHour I agree, I think Superman has lost his 'cool' to a lot of comic readers, but he's still one of the most recognizable brands in the industry
#40 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm not sre top two, for top 4 i go Superman, Captain America, Batman and Spider-man

#41 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

this

#42 Posted by AwesomeAquaman (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and Superman.

#43 Posted by Billy Batson (57753 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Batman.
BB

#44 Posted by Redletter (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Batman & Robin

#45 Posted by Kuzman123 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider man,superman and batman.

#46 Posted by rpgr (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is number 1, no question, world-wide, everyone with any media outlet knows him. Superman isn't as well-known or popular outside North America and Europe as most of you think (trust me on this, go to Asia and Middle East and Superman is "wha?".

My number 2 would actually be Spiderman now. Although still a toss-up between Superman and Spiderman, I give Spiderman the edge.

If I had to break down the reason why Spiderman edges our Supes, it's because Spiderman resonates more with Women. If you ask regular comic book demographics (white male geeks), Superman is probably more popular but with the other set, Spiderman is (especially with woman, I can't remember the last time I saw a female wear a Superman something for fashion but I do see Spiderman on occasion).

#47 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Batman

- These two have been ingrained into the public conciousness over multiple generations,parent and grandparents know them by sight.

- They have been involved in comics, radio shows, cartoons, TV shows, movies, and video games, no other characters have been saturated into pop culture to such an extent.

#48 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
#49 Posted by ThexX (1559 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Batman, Superman, Spiderman & Captain America

#50 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes and Bats no contest