Who are the most trustworthy comic book characters?

• 81 results
Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Captain America

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

Superman.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
@Edamame said:
" @Donnieman v5.1 said:
" Captain America "
@ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
100% no chance of stabbing in the back? "
Those are two of the guys that wrote the book on loyalty.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Precise
@ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
I dunno.. Superman would betray a person if it's for the greater good, like saving a lot of people.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" @Donnieman v5.1 said:
" Captain America "
@ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
100% no chance of stabbing in the back? "
Pretty much yes. It wouldn't be in Superman's character to do something like this.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magian
@Precise said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
I dunno.. Superman would betray a person if it's for the greater good, like saving a lot of people. "
Do you remember any incident like this?
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hercules. He may screw up alot, but its not because
he's a jerk. Here's my good reason why...

Banner is cold and asks for a shirt. Hercules gives him the one off his own back without hesitation.
 Banner is cold and asks for a shirt. Hercules gives him the one off his own back without hesitation.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Magian
@Edamame: Well Batman went through a period where he had trust issues like when he created counterattacks in case the other heroes go rogue or when he created Brother Eye. As for Hal Jordan, I don't know.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@CATMANEXE said:
" Hercules. He may screw up alot, but its not because
he's a jerk. Here's my good reason why...

"
What an absolute champion.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sexy_merc

I agree with Superman and Steve.

Others include: Dick Grayson, J'onn J'onzz, Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Barbara Gordon, Barry Allen, Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Reed Richards, Storm, etc.

RavenDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RavenDark

Warlock - gullible loyalty and inexperience of dealing with earthlings....how could this space alien back stab you intentionally?

No Caption Provided

Frenchie - as close to Batman's batler as possible, loyalty onto death...Moon Knight's side kick (Hey! Someone has to fly the copper!)

No Caption Provided

From the X-men only Nightcrawler, or maybe Colossus....
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sexy_merc
@Edamame said:
" Sorry, but most if not all telepaths are not trustworthy. LOL "
J'onn is probably the most trustworthy telepath.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" Rogue appears to be trustworthy as well.    Sorry, but most if not all telepaths are not trustworthy. LOL "
Telepathy is a creepy ability in my opinion.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sexy_merc
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
" Rogue appears to be trustworthy as well.    Sorry, but most if not all telepaths are not trustworthy. LOL "
Telepathy is a creepy ability in my opinion. "
To someone with a creepy mind...
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Magian
@Edamame: True. It is very powerful, I don't deny that. But still I wouldn't like the idea of someone being able to read my mind.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Magian
@Sexy Merc said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame said:
Telepathy is a creepy ability in my opinion. "
To someone with a creepy mind... "
I agree that not all telepaths are like that.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Magian
@Edamame said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Edamame: True. It is very powerful, I don't deny that. But still I wouldn't like the idea of someone being able to read my mind. "
Create or engineer some psi shields.  = D  Or develop telepathic resistance like Magneto or Storm. "
I will see what I can do. Maybe Magneto's helmet from the movies will do the job.
Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tesseract

Daken :P

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Precise
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Precise said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
I dunno.. Superman would betray a person if it's for the greater good, like saving a lot of people. "
Do you remember any incident like this? "
Well on the top of my head there was an incident in a Superman/Batman issue. Batman gained Supermans powers and went a little... crazy. So basically Superman betrayed Batman But had his best interest in mind. You could debate if this is a proper example, but the fact is he did betray him.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Precise said:

" @ComicMan24 said:

" @Precise said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
Well on the top of my head there was an incident in a Superman/Batman issue. Batman gained Supermans powers and went a little... crazy. So basically Superman betrayed Batman But had his best interest in mind. You could debate if this is a proper example, but the fact is he did betray him. "
Superman/Batman; DC's equivalent to the Avengers...

As for the topic, I think you could do worse than place your faith in Dick Grayson.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Magian
@Precise said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" @Precise said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
Well on the top of my head there was an incident in a Superman/Batman issue. Batman gained Supermans powers and went a little... crazy. So basically Superman betrayed Batman But had his best interest in mind. You could debate if this is a proper example, but the fact is he did betray him. "
He did betray him as you said, I agree with that. But he had to do something.
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Precise
@FadeToBlackBolt:  =)

@ComicMan24: Of course, I love Superman as a character so i'm not saying anything bad about him. But this topic was about 100% thrustworthy, and while he's 99% there i can't say he's the full 100%. Although I couldn't say that about most characters lol.
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Magian
@Precise: I guess you can never be sure about who is watching your back.
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sexy_merc

Anyone read that Brave and the Bold story where Dick as Nightwing sends all the superheroes to find something that he made up to protect them and when we see the dialogue of Deadman, he states that the only reason they did that was because, behind Superman, Dick was the most trusted person out of them all.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Precise

I'd trust Nightcrawler. To my knowledge he's never betrayed anyone.

aloe vera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By aloe vera
@Donnieman v5.1 said:
" Captain America "
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Magian
@Precise said:
" I'd trust Nightcrawler. To my knowledge he's never betrayed anyone. "
He does seem like a good choice.
aloe vera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By aloe vera
@Edamame: I just read your name. Now I'm craving Japanese food :( 
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By John Valentine
  • Beast. 
  • Nightcrawler. 
  • Cannonball.
  • Iceman.
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Alfred, has stood buy the Wayne family and Bruce though thick and thin no question.

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Telcalipoca

DICK GRAYSON
alfred pennyworth
Bruce Wayne  
superman
uncle ben

say what you will but if bruce ever goes against me i had it coming with a vengeance and would trust 100% as to what he did had be done and no other way to avoid it.

thabigred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thabigred
@ComicMan24 said:

" @Precise said:

" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
You see this is why I fucking hate superman. If he really wanted to end Lex Luthers evil doing he could just pop the head of Lex right off his shoulders and call it a day.  This is why I can't relate to superman, if I was Superman I would have no supervillians because they would all be dead because I wouldn't allow them to continue to do their evil.

Invincible has really showed me why superman sucks. It's basically an awesome Superman origin, with a hint of satire on Nietzche's writings riddled throughout the book. 

People are flawed, Super Heroes should be just as flawed if they are going to stay relevant.
csimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By csimon

Nightcrawler 
Cap Steve 
Warlock 
Spider-man 
Superman
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GreenLantern555
@thabigred said:
" @ComicMan24 said:

" @Precise said:

" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "
You see this is why I fucking hate superman. If he really wanted to end Lex Luthers evil doing he could just pop the head of Lex right off his shoulders and call it a day.  This is why I can't relate to superman, if I was Superman I would have no supervillians because they would all be dead because I wouldn't allow them to continue to do their evil.

Invincible has really showed me why superman sucks. It's basically an awesome Superman origin, with a hint of satire on Nietzche's writings riddled throughout the book.  People are flawed, Super Heroes should be just as flawed if they are going to stay relevant. "
That's the whole reason why THEY are superheroes and you are not. They have to make the choice not to kill because if they do, they become just like the person they killed. It's called morals. Killing won't solve a problem without creating another one. Killing should be the final result and even then, it's wrong.
Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mutant God

Iron Fist, Squrriel Girl, Jimmy Olsen, God
thabigred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By thabigred
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @thabigred said:
" @ComicMan24 said:

" @Precise said:

" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "

Invincible has really showed me why superman sucks. It's basically an awesome Superman origin, with a hint of satire on Nietzche's writings riddled throughout the book.  People are flawed, Super Heroes should be just as flawed if they are going to stay relevant. "
That's the whole reason why THEY are superheroes and you are not. They have to make the choice not to kill because if they do, they become just like the person they killed. It's called morals. Killing won't solve a problem without creating another one. Killing should be the final result and even then, it's wrong. "
They are superheroes because they have super powers not because they have some 'super-morality'. 

Please explain to me how killing Lex Luther "creates more problems"? 
Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Video_Martian

In my book, it's this guy =D

Wally West, The Flash!!!

Earthfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Earthfall

Alfred
 Alfred

Captain America
 Captain America

Superman
 Superman

Nightcrawler
 Nightcrawler
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By rogue_mar1e

Captain America & Nightcrawler

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CylonDorado

Wonder Woman only stabs you in the front (if you deserve it), plus she apparently can't lie when she has the lasso of truth on her person.  Many of the good ones have been said, but I'd also like to add Marv from Sin City. And most Predators wouldn't stab you in the back if you are only armed with a melee weapon, lol.
Avatar image for greenlantern555
GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GreenLantern555
@thabigred said:
" @GreenLantern555 said:
" @thabigred said:
" @ComicMan24 said:

" @Precise said:

" @ComicMan24 said:
" Superman. "

That's the whole reason why THEY are superheroes and you are not. They have to make the choice not to kill because if they do, they become just like the person they killed. It's called morals. Killing won't solve a problem without creating another one. Killing should be the final result and even then, it's wrong. "
They are superheroes because they have super powers not because they have some 'super-morality'.  Please explain to me how killing Lex Luther "creates more problems"?  "
Are you kidding me? So by your definition, Sinestro is a superhero because he has a superpower?! No, a hero is someone who does good and does everything in his or her power to protect EVERYONE from death and I don't care who you are, killing is NOT good. 

It would be bad for superheroes everywhere. Is Superman killed then the people would be afraid of all superheroes and that is the last thing that the world needs; to be afraid of those protecting us.
thabigred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By thabigred
@GreenLantern555:  I guess what I am asking is, do you really think that public opinion is the determining factor in whether someone can be a hero? If public opinion is implicit in crime fighting then why do we have policemen. Policemen consistently have very low public opinion as compared to lets say their other municipal cousins like Fire men. If Superman murders his entire rogues gallery, and the entire world hates him for it, does that really matter? Does the publics opinion really determine whether superman is a hero or not?  

People are already afraid of those protecting us(policemen), and people are afraid of superheroes in comics even when they are doing good and are 'perfect' from a morale standpoint like superman. People are irrational, they are unpredictable and are easily manipulated(See Exhibit A).  
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DEGRAAF

Dove and/or Mon-El