Who are the most indispensable members of the Justice League

CA32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was wondering who do you guys think are the most indispensable members of the Justice League. By this I don't necessarily mean the strongest members, I mean which members, if removed, would be the biggest losses to the Justice League as a whole.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Congorilla.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman and batman. Cyborg is obviously better but Batman can hack stuff and shut down electric devices and computers too. Flash is obviously faster but superman can handle stuff involving speed. Green lantern hasn't even been part of it for a while. Wonder woman doesn't even really have that many powers outside of super strength speed and durability. She has magical weapons but it wouldn't be that big of a loss. And aquaman, well, I don't think I need to explain that.

All of them are necessary to be the justice league, but removing batman or superman would be the biggest losses.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

The Trinity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MAZAHS117
No Caption Provided

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Either Batman or Cyborg. The rest have relatively similar replacements.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Superman

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman any main JL team without him sucks

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Removing Batman. Do that and you'll find sales numbers drop rapidly.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: Justice League International have Batman but the sales is not good either lol

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think the loss of Superman would be one of the largest hits to the League.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Realistically Green Lantern should be given that he's a powerhouse and the most diverse on the team, but the way they're written the trinity is the most.

supasaying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Batman would be the biggest loss.

One of the main appeals of Justice League to the DC Universe is the fact that it focuses on having a diverse community of varying superheroes unified with a common goal.

The loss of Batman would also be the loss of: concrete funding from Wayne Enterprises, an intelligent and capable member of the Trinity, and one of the few Leaguers that are not inherently superhuman (Green Arrow is not superhuman, but Batman is of a higher rank and fame than him in the League.)

The sudden diminishing of human representation in the Justice League may serve to make the Justice League appear less "connected" to Earth and the common man.

His death would also leave the Joker and numerous other villains unchecked and without an arch-nemesis. The Joker would then be a problem that would have to be fixed by the intervention of other superheroes.

Also, his death would either force the Justice League to guard Gotham and make it appear that Gotham is dependent on meta-humans OR cause Gotham to possibly revert to an extremely lawless area.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Traditionally the Trinity.

But in real I believe the original 5.

Man of Steel

The Dark Knight

Princess of Amazon

The Emerald Knight

The Scarlett Speedster

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Nobody

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman.

The team doesn't make any sense without him (in my opinion).

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: well...in the 1980's Justice Leagur International don't have Superman but it still great book to read (unless you don't like comedy and fun stuff)

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benk111: @thetruebarryallen: well in the 1980's Justice League International is form and it don't have Superman. The book is great read (unless you don't like comedy and fun stuff)

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I still say Martian Manhunter. Yeah...we've seen the League function without him, but prior to the New 52 he was in practically every incarnation of the team. In my mind J'onn is the heart and soul of the Justice League.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@benk111: @thetruebarryallen: well in the 1980's Justice League International is form and it don't have Superman. The book is great read (unless you don't like comedy and fun stuff)

JLI was a fun read & had some great moments in it, but it was a much different feel than the traditional JL roster.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By SoA
No Caption Provided

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boynerdgeek: I don't remember if I read that title in the 80s. But for me (again, personal opinion), Superman is the moral guide, the foundation behind the team. Remove him and you have an Avengers like team, but from DC.

And avengers are just one of Marvel teams, not the recognized flagship.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Superman

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DCAU handled this pretty well. You can have as many members as you want, but you can't really replace Superman.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Batman would be the biggest loss.

One of the main appeals of Justice League to the DC Universe is the fact that it focuses on having a diverse community of varying superheroes unified with a common goal.

The loss of Batman would also be the loss of: concrete funding from Wayne Enterprises, an intelligent and capable member of the Trinity, and one of the few Leaguers that are not inherently superhuman (Green Arrow is not superhuman, but Batman is of a higher rank and fame than him in the League.)

The sudden diminishing of human representation in the Justice League may serve to make the Justice League appear less "connected" to Earth and the common man.

His death would also leave the Joker and numerous other villains unchecked and without an arch-nemesis. The Joker would then be a problem that would have to be fixed by the intervention of other superheroes.

Also, his death would either force the Justice League to guard Gotham and make it appear that Gotham is dependent on meta-humans OR cause Gotham to possibly revert to an extremely lawless area.

What about Lex Luthor? Granted, not traditionally a member of The League, but I think much of what you said here, minus the Trinity aspect, applies to Lex.

You get the funding from Lexcorp, he's arguably just as intelligent and capable as Bruce, and also is not inherently Superhuman. With that said, I also think Green Lantern fits this particular mold of not inherently Superhuman.

As for Gotham, I honestly think if left to Dick or Jason, Gotham would be no better or worse than without Bruce. Hell, Joker may just call it quits, because he wouldn't find any of the other members of the Bat-Family worth it. (I could see The Outlaws protecting Gotham.) Though I doubt Jason would want to do so.

Besides, The League would probably respond to Gotham troubles anyway. And a host of other heroes would likely step up to protect the city. The Outsiders, for example, could be recruited by Alfred in the wake of a Bruce Wayne death.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#28  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@longbowhunter: This definitely. Although I can accept and enjoy versions of the league to without him, it's always much better to have him around for me. He's also a powerhouse and has multiple rich alter egos so those come in handy.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Traditionally the Trinity.

But in real I believe the original 5.

Man of Steel

The Dark Knight

Princess of Amazon

The Emerald Knight

The Scarlett Speedster

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Superman or maybe even Green Lantern

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, he took out AM's machine

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

Superman and batman would be the most missed as in terms of the team suffering. But seriously they could recruit Green Arrow to replace Batman, not as good or qualified. He wouldn't be the leader thats for sure but he'd have the human aspect and money covered.

Seriously if Superman left the league I believe Icon is still around not doing alot. Instant replacement. Does anyone really miss Superman then?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

First, Batman.

Second, Superman.

Third, Wonder Woman.