• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

Batman fanboys have made me lose a lot of the respect I had for Bats.

Yup, hate the character because of them. Also, because fanboys like Frank Miller actually get to write him. Storm fans are silly too.

Honestly, thats a poor stance to have. How the opinions of other people can influence how another individual feels is entirely beyond me. You should be content in your rationality and leveld-headed enjoyment of a character, regardless of what the "fanboys" claim.

#52 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@xwraith said:

Yup, hate the character because of them. Also, because fanboys like Frank Miller actually get to write him. Storm fans are silly too.

Honestly, thats a poor stance to have. How the opinions of other people can influence how another individual feels is entirely beyond me. You should be content in your rationality and leveld-headed enjoyment of a character, regardless of what the "fanboys" claim.

i agree. that's like saying "man chicken wings fan boys make me hate chicken wings. turkey wings FTW!!!"

#53 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's obvious that the fanboys that annoy people are those of the most popular heroes, and consequently in great numbers. You never hear people complaining about, say, Rogue fanboys.

But if had to choose; Peter Parker fanboys lately. Sick of the complaining about Superior Spiderman.

#54 Posted by cfrehse (1004 posts) - - Show Bio

@imnemothegemini i feel like this how most bruisers vs street lvl'rs would end lol

#55 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

......IRONMAN FANBOYS

#56 Posted by Black_Claw (2886 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman fanboys. Nobody else even comes close.

#57 Posted by deaditegonzo (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise: Thats totally fine for you to feel that way, and yet it doesnt sway me at all. 1) Running the Asylum is endemic to Batman 2) I can only see the joke the character has become, not any redeeming qualities.

#58 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: When I read a good Batman story I think of the good Batman story, because I don't let anybody elses biased viewpoints ruin my experience of something.

#59 Edited by Jack Donaghy (903 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@xwraith said:

LOLSERIOUSLY? There are still people who dislike characters because of their fans? NOT because of something important (you know like the way they're characterized) but because they're annoyed by their fans? I find some Batman fans annoying but I still love the character, who cares what random people on the internet think.

Using your logic would you start hating Vegeta if his fanboys started annoying you? Sorry but your logic makes no sense and sounds a little too Hipster for my liking. So if he had no annoying fans would you like him all of a sudden? Or do you have to be cool and against what's mainstream? You most also hate The Beatles, bacon, Superman, Wolverine, Joker, The Avengers movie, and everything else with a large passionate fanbase. How can fans make you lose respect for a fictional character? That's like hating your next door neighbor because everyone on the block loves them. Not because you personally dislike them, but because you hate things that are too popular.

#60 Posted by PowerWoman (3327 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ fanboys

Batman fanboys

Thor fanboys

#61 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops fanboys... but still.... ummmm.....

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT GOSHDARNIT!!!!

#62 Posted by RustyRoy (10884 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops fanboys... but still.... ummmm.....

CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT GOSHDARNIT!!!!

Hey we stopped saying that! At least I did.

#63 Posted by Lieutenant_Awkward (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanboys tend to just make me laugh because of some of the ridiculous things they come up with.

#64 Edited by Mercy_ (92526 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, but no.