Who are the best biologists?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

First I started thinking to myself, who's the best biologist, Hank McCoy or Hank Pym, just because both of them happen to be named Hank and both of them are biologists.  I just think it's sort of an interesting scientific specialty.  Less sexy than the standard comic book physicist or engineer, although obviously handy in creating people with super powers and so on.  And two of them are named Hank.

But then I tried to start thinking about who else is a biologist, and who is the best.  Mr. Sinister or High Evolutionary? I dunno...who else is a biologist...Curt Conners.  Anyone else?  How would standard smarty-pants like Reed Richards match up in their biological skills compared to the best people who have specifically trained in it?

Who is a biologist, and who is the best?

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By Timandm

Actually, you have the names up there... I think it HAS to be either 
The High Evolutionary
or
Mr. Sinister 
If the field is biology, especially if it's genetics, i don't think they have an equal on earth...

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Timandm said:
Actually, you have the names up there... I think it HAS to be either  The High Evolutionary or Mr. Sinister  If the field is biology, especially if it's genetics, i don't think they have an equal on earth...
Yeah I think they're probably tops.  I don't know about DC, I'm less aware of their scientists.

Anybody else?  I'm partially looking for a list of biologists in general, but also opinions on who's the best.
Avatar image for vampireselektor
VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By VampireSelektor

@Owie said:

@Timandm said:
Actually, you have the names up there... I think it HAS to be either The High Evolutionary or Mr. Sinister If the field is biology, especially if it's genetics, i don't think they have an equal on earth...
Yeah I think they're probably tops. I don't know about DC, I'm less aware of their scientists. Anybody else? I'm partially looking for a list of biologists in general, but also opinions on who's the best.

DC - Maybe Dr. Sivana.

EDIT: Reed Richards still relies on field experts. Tony is better engineer, Hank is the better biochemist, etc.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

Probably between Sinister or High Evolutionary. Sinister was actually one of the High Evolutionary's teachers but Wyndam definitely outclasses his former teacher.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Going with Sinister.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It actually might be Magneto....

Magneto created the most powerful "unnatural" Mutant afterall.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@VampireSelektor said:

EDIT: Reed Richards still relies on field experts. Tony is better engineer, Hank is the better biochemist, etc.

This is true. Reed even said that Spider-man was a better Biologist then him at one point.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Veshark

It might be worth mentioning Arnim Zola...he is the first human genetic engineer in MU history.

He developed mind-transferring procedures (used on himself and Skull), cloned bodies for Hitler, and even developed genetic monstrosities like Man-Fish and the adorable Doughboy. His research results may not be the most noteworthy, but Zola's contribution to 'biology' should be noted.

No Caption Provided
owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator
@Veshark said:

It might be worth mentioning Arnim Zola...he is the first human genetic engineer in MU history.

He developed mind-transferring procedures (used on himself and Skull), cloned bodies for Hitler, and even developed genetic monstrosities like Man-Fish and the adorable Doughboy. His research results may not be the most noteworthy, but Zola's contribution to 'biology' should be noted.

No Caption Provided
Nice addition to the list!