#1 Posted by Owie (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

First I started thinking to myself, who's the best biologist, Hank McCoy or Hank Pym, just because both of them happen to be named Hank and both of them are biologists.  I just think it's sort of an interesting scientific specialty.  Less sexy than the standard comic book physicist or engineer, although obviously handy in creating people with super powers and so on.  And two of them are named Hank.
 
But then I tried to start thinking about who else is a biologist, and who is the best.  Mr. Sinister or High Evolutionary? I dunno...who else is a biologist...Curt Conners.  Anyone else?  How would standard smarty-pants like Reed Richards match up in their biological skills compared to the best people who have specifically trained in it?
 
Who is a biologist, and who is the best?

#2 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, you have the names up there... I think it HAS to be either 
The High Evolutionary
or
Mr. Sinister 
If the field is biology, especially if it's genetics, i don't think they have an equal on earth...

#3 Posted by Owie (3873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
Actually, you have the names up there... I think it HAS to be either  The High Evolutionary or Mr. Sinister  If the field is biology, especially if it's genetics, i don't think they have an equal on earth...
Yeah I think they're probably tops.  I don't know about DC, I'm less aware of their scientists.
 
Anybody else?  I'm partially looking for a list of biologists in general, but also opinions on who's the best.
#4 Edited by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@Owie said:

@Timandm said:
Actually, you have the names up there... I think it HAS to be either The High Evolutionary or Mr. Sinister If the field is biology, especially if it's genetics, i don't think they have an equal on earth...
Yeah I think they're probably tops. I don't know about DC, I'm less aware of their scientists. Anybody else? I'm partially looking for a list of biologists in general, but also opinions on who's the best.

DC - Maybe Dr. Sivana.

EDIT: Reed Richards still relies on field experts. Tony is better engineer, Hank is the better biochemist, etc.

#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably between Sinister or High Evolutionary. Sinister was actually one of the High Evolutionary's teachers but Wyndam definitely outclasses his former teacher.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (31235 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Sinister.

Moderator
#7 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

It actually might be Magneto....

Magneto created the most powerful "unnatural" Mutant afterall.

#8 Edited by Strider92 (16758 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

EDIT: Reed Richards still relies on field experts. Tony is better engineer, Hank is the better biochemist, etc.

This is true. Reed even said that Spider-man was a better Biologist then him at one point.

#9 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be worth mentioning Arnim Zola...he is the first human genetic engineer in MU history.

He developed mind-transferring procedures (used on himself and Skull), cloned bodies for Hitler, and even developed genetic monstrosities like Man-Fish and the adorable Doughboy. His research results may not be the most noteworthy, but Zola's contribution to 'biology' should be noted.

#10 Posted by Owie (3873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Veshark said:

It might be worth mentioning Arnim Zola...he is the first human genetic engineer in MU history.

He developed mind-transferring procedures (used on himself and Skull), cloned bodies for Hitler, and even developed genetic monstrosities like Man-Fish and the adorable Doughboy. His research results may not be the most noteworthy, but Zola's contribution to 'biology' should be noted.

Nice addition to the list!