White Lanterns?

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

How powerful are white Lanterns compared to the others?

What does it take to get a white lantern ring?

Also in order of power (greatest to least please) can you list the most powerful lantern corps out of: White, Green, Black, Yellow, and Red

Kyle Rayner White Lantern - New Guardians #16
Kyle Rayner White Lantern - New Guardians #16
lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lightsout

@Clark_EL said:

How powerful are white Lanterns compared to the others?

What does it take to get a white lantern ring?

Also in order of power (greatest to least please) can you list the most powerful lantern corps out of: White, Green, Black, Yellow, and Red

So far, it seems quite a distance ahead. Kyle seemed to be the only one who could inflict real damage to the guardians (and the only one who scared them, despite a whole GL crops rising up against them).

Well currently Kyle only has one because he just learned how to use all the emotional energies (with just his GL ring.....somehow), so his ring transformed into a white one (.....somehow. They're pushing the "magic as an excuse" boundary for me. The ring is a tool to harness the energies, it's technology). Prior to the new52 the white entity granted them to the people it revived who were temporarily white lanterns.

White>the rest. Black need multiple spectrum to be destroyed, but that's just more durable, who knows if they're actually more powerful (did any of them even use constructs? Or just the abilities of the corpse they were?). Green/Yellow/Red would really depend on the user. None of the energies inherently have a higher level of power.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Clark_EL

@lightsout: OK thanks what about orange?....I heard they are extremely powerful because they get greedier and greedier and also since there is only one they don't have to split the power so would you still say white>Orange?

Also White and Black Lanterns don't need to charge right?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lightsout

@Clark_EL: Well, I'd say you've got to be careful with how that's phrased. Lar-Fleeze happens to be very powerfulbecause he's the only orange lantern (and therefore can draw on as much of the energy as he wants. He's practically an entity-host (like Ion/Paralax), but still having to charge his rings). The orange light itself isn't that much more powerful than the rest. (And IMO, writing/plot wise he's not shown as powerful as he should be (being the sole orange lantern & all)).

I don't think so, not that we've seen anyway. I'm not even sure whether BLs use energy (other than to actually be reanimated). Kyle as a WL is different from the original appearances of WLs, so while it seems he can just draw on the "ambient" emotional energies, I don't recall how the original batch of WLs operated (and I didn't read any Brightest Day issues outside of the GL ones (GL, GLC & the BD mini)).

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Clark_EL

@lightsout: OK thanks.

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 26

#6  Edited By BlueLantern1995

White Lanterns are the most powerful being powered by life. 2nd would be the Black Lanterns powered by Death(this is based on the fact that while most likely equal they don't have enough feats to make them/show they are equal). It is logical to assume they are equal to White but this assumption has not been proved and likely won't in the near future.

Just think to levels of Lanterns. White and Black being the 1st and Color Lantern Corps being 2nd.

ll the other power corps are equal in strength(save for Blue which is both stronger when near Green Lanterns and weaker when not).

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheCowman

I love that Hope-Kyle appears to have hippie stubble. :D

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

I have nothing to add but some comical images that I thought of as soon as I saw the picture used in the OP. This is what I think of every time I read about the Green Lantern energy spectrum:

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Clark_EL

@PhoenixoftheTides: LOL

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Timandm
@BlueLantern1995: I haven't had a chance to read up on the Black Lanterns yet.  I've read that they can reanimate the dead.  Could you tell me what other feats they have?
lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lightsout

@Timandm: It's more that they are reanimated dead (the rings sought out corpses). IDK if it would be considered a feat but they can only be damaged by 2 different emotion-light types. They see in the "emotional spectrum" and try to rip their opponent's heart out.

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By Timandm
@lightsout said:

@Timandm: It's more that they are reanimated dead (the rings sought out corpses). IDK if it would be considered a feat but they can only be damaged by 2 different emotion-light types. They see in the "emotional spectrum" and try to rip their opponent's heart out.

So... They don't make constructs or fly and whatnot?
lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lightsout

@Timandm: No constructs. Flying...I'm fairly sure it was limited to if the "zombie" could already fly in their life. They usually fought with whatever abilities their "host" had.

Saranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Saranth

Larfleeze is pretty powerful, but if anyone's reading his back-up in Threshold, they'll know that he's continually losing control of his constructs. His instability has them running amock.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oceanmaster21

u said u want the most powerful corps to the weakest well some are neck and neck

like the most power from strongest to weakest

orange white and black

then yellow and red

indigo/green

pink/green/blue

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clark_EL

@oceanmaster21: LOL I'd say Green and yellow are equal...

Also is Black actually powerful...I always just thought they were good because there are a lot of them and ti takes more than one color lantern to bring them down...

(About White Lanterns compared to Black) Quote Wikipedia: "Each White Lantern possesses a power ring that lets the user create white energy constructs powered by life itself. The original wielder of the Entity, Sinestro, displays the ability to eradicate swarms of Black Lanterns effortlessly and is described as "godlike". He also appears to survive a seemingly fatal wound from which he recovers within minutes. When Hal Jordan wields the power, he demonstrates the ability to create additional rings and restoring heroes claimed by Nekron to life.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Who is the Sinestro Corps member in that image?

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lightsout

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: Those were all Kyle Rayner (as he "trained" in all the colors)

I believe it's what you're thinking. That, and the fact that some of them (aka, only main/known characters somehow lol) sought out their past-loved ones, and said living-loved-ones had difficulty fighting people who were important to them. If you had 2 different lanterns in one place & the corpse wasn't initially a hyper-powerful being (like a martian), it should be fairly easy to take one down on paper.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Clark_EL

@lightsout: Ok

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Clark_EL
oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluelantern1995: hey send me a follow and the white lanterns are the most powerful to exsist