#1 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I took a peak at the end of my "Titans Family Reunion" graphic novel, before reading it, out of curiosity, and I saw what appeared to be a white or silver lantern...

Is there such a thing as a white, or silver, lantern?

If so, are they related to the green lanterns and other lantern corps's somehow, as I imagine they must be?

If a green lantern is powered by willpower, yellow is powered by fear, red by rage, and blue/indigo by hope... What's a white lantern powered by?

Is there an actual white lantern corps, or is there only a small number of the white lanterns, not organized in any real way?

#2 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/white-lantern-corps/65-57420/

#3 Edited by serpent222 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

There were only White Lanterns by the end of Blackest Night and Brightest Day, until the latest issue of the Green Lantern: New Guardians, where Kyle Rayner just mastered all of the colors and became a White Lantern.

So, in order, the answers to your questions are:

• Yes, there is such a thing.
  • They are related to the corps, in that they are one of the forces of the universe. All of the colors are: Green, blue, violet, indigo, orange, yellow, red, black, and white.
  • The white lantern's force is life, the opposite of the black lantern, which is death.
  • There is no standing corps like the others. Multiple people were white lanterns for a short time, including Hal Jordan, Sinestro, Aquaman, and Deadman. Currently, the only White Lantern is Kyle Rayner. Anyone who has been a lantern before was only that for a short time (and I mean moments, not a few days. Batman was a White Lantern for like a minute).
#4 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

White Lanterns have been around since Blackest Night.

#5 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

http://www.comicvine.com/white-lantern-corps/65-57420/

Hahaha, could've saved myself some time and this thread :D thanks for that! Didn't think to look.

@serpent222 said:

There were only White Lanterns by the end of Blackest Night and Brightest Day, until the latest issue of the Green Lantern: New Guardians, where Kyle Rayner just mastered all of the colors and became a White Lantern.

So, in order, the answers to your questions are:

• Yes, there is such a thing.
  • They are related to the corps, in that they are one of the forces of the universe. All of the colors are: Green, blue, violet, indigo, orange, yellow, red, black, and white.
  • The white lantern's force is life, the opposite of the black lantern, which is death.
  • There is no standing corps like the others. Multiple people were white lanterns for a short time, including Hal Jordan, Sinestro, Aquaman, and Deadman. Currently, the only White Lantern is Kyle Rayner. Anyone who has been a lantern before was only that for a short time (and I mean moments, not a few days. Batman was a White Lantern for like a minute).
  • Cool!
  • Thanks for the list!
  • Ahh, I guess that makes sense. I was hoping for something like, they're powered by the mystical forces of the universe that nobody understands... Maybe I was just hoping for something too mysterious? White just seemed like such a mysterious color for a lantern for some reason.
  • Batman? Lolwut

@Decoy Elite said:

White Lanterns have been around since Blackest Night.

I have to read that, at some point.

#6 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: The trade is terrible.

#7 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: It is? Why?

Also, could I probably find the issues that The Blackest Night spanned, just by a google search, so I can order them at my comic book store some time?

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: Entire chunks of the main plot seem to be missing.

Either that or the story jumps to random points while having important bits happen off panel.

#9 Posted by EMH_Bruce (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

• Batman? Lolwut
#10 Posted by JonSmith (3790 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123 said:

• Batman? Lolwut

Basically, the White Lantern empowered Deadman to seek out it's intended host, someone to be a true White Lantern. It didn't tell him who this was, and his search lead him to Gotham City. He saw the Batsignal, and naturally assumed the intended White Lantern was the number one bad*** in the general area. One Ring Rape later, he learned that assumption was incorrect, but Batman got a new lease on Life.

#11 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@EMH_Bruce:

Always though the Yellow ring suited him better, being that his background has been to strike fear in his enemies.

#12 Posted by EMH_Bruce (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@EMH_Bruce:

Always though the Yellow ring suited him better, being that his background has been to strike fear in his enemies.

from where is that image? o__o

I only remember seeing a yellow Ring fly to Bruce, say something like "Already beared a Green Lantern Corps Ring" and fly away again. o__o

#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@EMH_Bruce: IIRC that's from an issue of All Star Batman and Robin.

Batman doesn't have a yellow ring, he's simply painted everything yellow to screw with Hal.

Because Frank Miller.

#14 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Because Frank Miller.

the moment I saw "goddamn bat" in the white box, i knew it was him and i haven't even read it

#15 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Because Frank Miller.

the moment I saw "goddamn bat" in the white box, i knew it was him and i haven't even read it

Never read it myself either, only heard the scene(and how stupid it is) discussed before.

Not gonna shell out the cash for Frank's trash.

#16 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Not gonna shell out the cash for Frank's trash.

well said

#17 Posted by EMH_Bruce (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Batman doesn't have a yellow ring, he's simply painted everything yellow to screw with Hal.

Because Frank Miller.

.................... that's just..........stupid <__<°°

#18 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

@EMH_Bruce said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Because Frank Miller.

.................... that's just..........stupid <__<°°

That comment made me laugh.

#19 Posted by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@EMH_Bruce:

The white lantern ring suits him as well because he holds life so dear. Even in the worse cases like that with the Joker, he refuses to kill because he believes in life so much.

I just love how DC conveniently associate some colors good, white, and other colors evil, black. (sarcasm).

#20 Posted by AllStarSuperman (15618 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: theres an account on YouTube that has blackest night and brightest day uploaded the whole story. Its called Brandonhexx IIRC.

#21 Posted by Captain_Awesome85 (452 posts) - - Show Bio

@xybernauts said:

@Captain_Awesome85 said:

@EMH_Bruce:

The white lantern ring suits him as well because he holds life so dear. Even in the worse cases like that with the Joker, he refuses to kill because he believes in life so much.

I just love how DC conveniently associate some colors good, white, and other colors evil, black. (sarcasm).

didnt think about it like that, also a very valid point