• 138 results
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

Poll Which will be better Batman v Superman or Avengers AoU (186 votes)

Avengers! 41%
Batman vs Superman! 34%
Both will suck! 0%
Both will be amazingly awesome! 24%

Which will be better? Which will be more successful? Which would you rather see?

Yes I know its too early to judge!

• 
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@onemoreposter: they already did, Argo writer Chris Terrio penned BvS.

Really? Fantasic!! I feel like (at the very least for the Dark Knight Trilogy) Goyer gets associated with Nolan and is thus "loved." If you look into his history though, his scripts are mostly shotty.

I'm not familiar with Chris Terrio, but I'm excited that it's not Goyer penning the upcoming film.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@dbvse7 said:

AoT.. DC movies are so predictable..

I don't think anyone saw Superman snapping Zod's neck.... pretty sure.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@saint_wildcard: Avengers was basically a nerdfest. A comic come to life. The storyline of course was nothing special, but it had all the elements to make it quite the spectacle.

Hero vs Aliens

Hero vs Hero

Hero vs Villian

Laser Blasters

Rampaging Monsters destroying buildings, Hot chicks shooting guns

Honestly I don't know how a comic fan couldn't enjoy it based off of the stuff thrown in alone.

Meh, didn't do it for me. I only liked a handful of parts in that movie (Mostly Hulk and Captain America parts). Loki lost all credibility as a villain the moment he got thrown around like a rag doll. Also Whedon is not a great action scene director. He basically shot every Avenger do a cool move

This scene stood out like a sore thumb. Also Im pretty sure there was a scene where Hawkeye shot an arrow without looking. No heart in those fight scenes. IMO of course. Im much more exited to see Zack's work with the whole box of crayons known as the JL.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@mrnoital: Doesn't mean bad either. It means it made a lot of money.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
TylerDurden7272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

first avengers was average but the second one looks to be better. Batman V Superman just has so many things wrong with it already. only an absolutely killer plot could save it but thats unlikely for a superhero movie nowadays.

Yo nice profile pic bro

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman vs. Superman because its the first time they are in a film together.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@onemoreposter: Argo is an Academy ward nominated or winner--I forget--for its script, so it might be good. But Affleck is Batman and Terrio is Affleck's guy so I don't see much room for Superman to get much love.

I know the movie will be better, it will be funnier since Argo was hilarious when it needed to be, but I can't help thinking that this will be a Batman is awesome movie...and I guess Superman has to be here too.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers will be the biggest crowd pleaser, and will make more monies. I garuntee supes will get his butt kicked by everyone and thats going to annoy me lots.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging by the growing sales of Marvel on it's movie franchise and of the growing number of fans worldwide I think AoU may have a better sale.

The only real question is does the world had enough of Batman and Superman movies?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@fallschirmjager said:

@manneffest said:

@critmassxx said:

BvS because Marvel movies are crap. They don't take comics seriously and add in the jokey, kiddy route and not the grim and realistic approach of DC

Because we all know comics aren't supposed to be fun.

Not that I agree with his statement, but "jokey and kiddy" doesn't mean fun and "grim and realistic" doesn't mean not-fun.

Fun is a subjective term and what is fun for one person is not fun for another.

Yes I agree fun isn't "jokes every five seconds", it can be any form of you deem fun. However, I was just stating that it was as if he was saying Marvel movies were "crap" because they weren't "grim and realistic". I mean, "They don't take comics seriously," really? Has he read a comic recently? Many a comics go for the stretch; New Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy. Even in DC, we have a billionaire playboy dressing up as a bat to fight crime. Grim maybe, but not very realistic. It's like G-Man says, "People criticize books for not being dark, gritty or depressing," I agree with that statement, people should have some fun when reading comics, whatever they deem been that "fun" is.

People bitch about everything in my experience. As Ben Affleck said...

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers will be good meanwhile BvS might be good

MannEffest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

@fallschirmjager: Surprisingly accurate haha, you are wise beyond your years Affleck.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers.

So the guys at DC deciding BvS would be a good idea... the only thing we need to know is what they're smoking.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Avengers

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avengers.

So the guys at DC deciding BvS would be a good idea... the only thing we need to know is what they're smoking.

Ofcourse it was a brilliant idea. Batman movies and Superman movies generally bring in a lot of money. Batman got over a billion from his last two movies and Superman got nearly 700 million. Just from putting Batman and Superman in the same movie will make them over 1 billion, especially with the attention TDK brought to Batman and people's curiosity to see how well Ben Affleck does. It doesn't matter how bad you think he will do, you're still going to go and watch it. And to have these two actually fight? I can almost garuntee that is making over 1.5 billion, easy. People have been waiting decades to see Batman and Superman fight on screen, much less be in the same movie period.

Then you include the fact that you have Dwayne hyping he will be a DC character, DC getting tons of respect for Arrow and Flash, plus they are getting two more shows Constanie and Gotham(which is basically drawing more attention to Batman). And then the follow up of Superman snapping Zods neck. I don't see what part of that was a bad idea.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dbvse7 said:

AoT.. DC movies are so predictable..

I don't think anyone saw Superman snapping Zod's neck.... pretty sure.

lol even I was shocked when it happened.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

Ofcourse it was a brilliant idea. Batman movies and Superman movies generally bring in a lot of money. Batman got over a billion from his last two movies and Superman got nearly 700 million. Just from putting Batman and Superman in the same movie will make them over 1 billion, especially with the attention TDK brought to Batman and people's curiosity to see how well Ben Affleck does. It doesn't matter how bad you think he will do, you're still going to go and watch it. And to have these two actually fight? I can almost garuntee that is making over 1.5 billion, easy. People have been waiting decades to see Batman and Superman fight on screen, much less be in the same movie period.

Then you include the fact that you have Dwayne hyping he will be a DC character, DC getting tons of respect for Arrow and Flash, plus they are getting two more shows Constanie and Gotham(which is basically drawing more attention to Batman). And then the follow up of Superman snapping Zods neck. I don't see what part of that was a bad idea.

Financially; I already predict it'll be a great success. I strongly dislike MOS - although, as you explained, I'll be watching BvS on it's release date because it's Batman and Superman. You could have a little child play Batman and everyone would still go in there. Although who the heck thought Zack Snyder would do an at least decent job in directing? I'm not prepared for a final 45 minutes of eye candy from yet another blockbuster. Blow this, blow that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want it to be BvS. Avengers movie wasn't THAT great. And MoS wasn't THAT bad.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

Financially; I already predict it'll be a great success. I strongly dislike MOS - although, as you explained, I'll be watching BvS on it's release date because it's Batman and Superman. You could have a little child play Batman and everyone would still go in there. Although who the heck thought Zack Snyder would do an at least decent job in directing? I'm not prepared for a final 45 minutes of eye candy from yet another blockbuster. Blow this, blow that.

.....you do realize that Zach Snyder was the same one who directed Watchmen(the best Superhero movie hands down in terms of story) and 300 right? How is Batman v Superman a bad idea?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Avengers is more like Winter Soldier then it has a chance. I'm still leagues more excited for BvS. Man of Steel is one of my favorite superhero movies ever AND Ben is a great actor who could possibly be the best Batman we've ever gotten. BvS has more running for it imo.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

.....you do realize that Zach Snyder was the same one who directed Watchmen(the best Superhero movie hands down in terms of story) and 300 right? How is Batman v Superman a bad idea?

It's a bad idea because, besides Watchmen, Zach dedicates a bulk of his runtime towards action, explosions and spectacle.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

It's a bad idea because, besides Watchmen, Zach dedicates a bulk of his runtime towards action, explosions and spectacle.

Ummmm now I'm fairly certain you are confusing Zack Snyder with Michael Bay. Man Of Steel didn't really have that much explosions or action. Most of Man Of Steel was his origins and the only real explosions we saw was from the beginning which isn't really counted since they were showing Krypton being destroyed. There was the oil rig scene but that was to show Superman as a character before he became Superman and I'm pretty sure that was suppoed to be a follow for Aquaman. There was only one explosion with him and Zod really. Him vs Faora and Nam-Ek had about 2-3 explosions or so. That isn't a lot of action or explosions. Some even complained that there wasn't enough action since his fight scenes were probably around 10 minutes in total out of a 143 minute movie. I'll add the fight with Jor-El and Zod and that would only be about 15. I don't see whats wrong with spectacle. It's not like their were just random explosions going on every second.

You compare that to Avengers, all Iron-Man movies, Thor(probably) and and especially Captain America, that's nothing.

His other modern time movie was Sucker Punch but it's basically a movie in war so explosions are expected.

And people want to see a movie with a lot of action. I don't see how he's bulking anything when it was only for about 15 minutes...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 the_stegman  Moderator

I feel like this will be a repeat of the Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises.

Age of Ultron will make more money, and will please nerdy fanboys (allowing them to further their Joss Whedon love) but overall, it'll be a fun popcorn flick. BvS, will be deeper in terms of themes and tone, as well as have better acting, but might have some flaws that people will judge it harshly on afterwards.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

Ummmm now I'm fairly certain you are confusing Zack Snyder with Michael Bay. Man Of Steel didn't really have that much explosions or action. Most of Man Of Steel was his origins and the only real explosions we saw was from the beginning which isn't really counted since they were showing Krypton being destroyed. There was the oil rig scene but that was to show Superman as a character before he became Superman and I'm pretty sure that was suppoed to be a follow for Aquaman. There was only one explosion with him and Zod really. Him vs Faora and Nam-Ek had about 2-3 explosions or so. That isn't a lot of action or explosions. Some even complained that there wasn't enough action since his fight scenes were probably around 10 minutes in total out of a 143 minute movie. I'll add the fight with Jor-El and Zod and that would only be about 15. I don't see whats wrong with spectacle. It's not like their were just random explosions going on every second.

You compare that to Avengers, all Iron-Man movies, Thor(probably) and and especially Captain America, that's nothing.

His other modern time movie was Sucker Punch but it's basically a movie in war so explosions are expected.

And people want to see a movie with a lot of action. I don't see how he's bulking anything when it was only for about 15 minutes...

Michael Bay directed Transformers, and Zach Snyder directed MOS, Watchmen and Sucker Punch, right? Yep, I'm fairly sure I'm not confusing anyone. Really, 15 minutes? Far fetched, my friend - far fetched. The final battle scene with Superman vs. Zod and Faora lasted at least 35 minutes, combine that with 10 minutes of action in the beginning at Krypton... that's at least 45 minutes of action. At least.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I voted for BvS, but that's really more what I'm most excited about, not which will be better. I'm extremely excited about both movies, and I have a lot of faith that they'll both be excellent.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

Michael Bay directed Transformers, and Zach Snyder directed MOS, Watchmen and Sucker Punch, right? Yep, I'm fairly sure I'm not confusing anyone. Really, 15 minutes? Far fetched, my friend - far fetched. The final battle scene with Superman vs. Zod and Faora lasted at least 35 minutes, combine that with 10 minutes of action in the beginning at Krypton... that's at least 45 minutes of action. At least.

The final battle was with Superman and Zod, not Superman, Zod, and Faora. The full battle between Superman and Zod at the end of the movie was only 5 minutes and that goes with him vs Faora and Zod. The first battle scene happened at 1 hour and 33 minutes.

That last battle that was supposedly 35 minutes started at 2:02:12(literally when he first hit Superman) and ended at 2:07:42(the point where he snapped his neck). That's 5 minutes and 30 seconds...not 35.

As I said before, the last one doesn't really count since it was the ending of Krypton. It's not like they could have shown it blowing up and then have Superman talking about how he remembered it. They needed a story for Jor-El since he was a key within the movie. It wouldn't make any sense for him to just pop up in the middle of the move out of no where.

I'm just talking about fight scenes alone. Scene's where action is going on doesn't make any sense to bring up when we are talkign about super powered beings trying to take over a planet and Superman has to flight them.

Avengers had more action than Man Of Steel so if you're going to complain about man of steel then complain about Avengers also. There were tons od dialouge in the movie and not just action. 45 minutes wouldn't even be half of the movie. No one wants to go see a Superman movie with no action it in.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TheMetalGearZero

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

The final battle was with Superman and Zod, not Superman, Zod, and Faora. The full battle between Superman and Zod at the end of the movie was only 5 minutes and that goes with him vs Faora and Zod. The first battle scene happened at 1 hour and 33 minutes.

That last battle that was supposedly 35 minutes started at 2:02:12(literally when he first hit Superman) and ended at 2:07:42(the point where he snapped his neck). That's 5 minutes and 30 seconds...not 35.

As I said before, the last one doesn't really count since it was the ending of Krypton. It's not like they could have shown it blowing up and then have Superman talking about how he remembered it. They needed a story for Jor-El since he was a key within the movie. It wouldn't make any sense for him to just pop up in the middle of the move out of no where.

I'm just talking about fight scenes alone. Scene's where action is going on doesn't make any sense to bring up when we are talkign about super powered beings trying to take over a planet and Superman has to flight them.

Avengers had more action than Man Of Steel so if you're going to complain about man of steel then complain about Avengers also. There were tons od dialouge in the movie and not just action. 45 minutes wouldn't even be half of the movie. No one wants to go see a Superman movie with no action it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=067jwuudPMA&list=UUUF7Q-OzCLtflQ6faSlWu9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJN-loLv4Y&list=UUUF7Q-OzCLtflQ6faSlWu9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Vu3f68phiE&list=UUUF7Q-OzCLtflQ6faSlWu9w

Hollow_Point

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Hollow_Point

BvS because Marvel movies are crap. They don't take comics seriously and add in the jokey, kiddy route and not the grim and realistic approach of DC

No Caption Provided

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Homer_X

BvS & AoU but if I had to chose one it will be BvS

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

You just showed me Zods fight and if you add the time up that's only 5 minutes and 16 seconds....

Then you showed me a fight with him figjhting Nam-Ek and Faora for only 2 minutes. What was your point?

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get people saying the entire DCCU will suck because ONE movie was DECENT. Iron Man 3 was much, much worse than MoS and Captain America 1 was pretty terrible. Thor 2 sucked.

Avatar image for riddlerzeroyear
RiddlerZeroYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both will be great to watch.

I'm more excited for BvS.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I believe that both will be good. Batman vs Superman has to be great if they want the DCCU to be successful so failure is not an option.

TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

You just showed me Zods fight and if you add the time up that's only 5 minutes and 16 seconds....

Then you showed me a fight with him figjhting Nam-Ek and Faora for only 2 minutes. What was your point?

Tell me: What was going on in the film in the last 40 minutes - besides Clark talking to his mother in the end and going to the Daily Planet? What was happening before that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers no doubt. BvS has too many shotty actors and is overcrowded.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Marvel has a tried and true formula that hasn't gotten old...yet. Also, Joss > Zack.

Oh yeah, I'm also one of those people who believe a compelling villain absolutely MAKES a comic book movie, the lone exception being Iron Man 1. I have more confidence in James Spader as Ultron, than Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor. I also suspect Ultron will be given more room to be awesome, whereas Luthor will be taking a backseat to the much-hyped Batman vs. Superman battle.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

@wardemon32 said:

@themetalgearzero said:

Avengers.

Tell me: What was going on in the film in the last 40 minutes - besides Clark talking to his mother in the end and going to the Daily Planet? What was happening before that?

It's the last 40 minutes..where the action finally starts because I started pretty late. I don't understand why we need to see more "story" when we already got plenty of knowledge of:

• Where Clark grew up.
  • Why Zod and his army is mad.
  • What the world engine does.
  • A possible introduction to Aquaman.
  • How Clark grew up and him not wanting to expose himself.
  • How Krypton came to an end.
  • etc...

prior to the fight scene. There wasn't much to discuss. What did you want? Him to defeat Zod and his army in 15 minutes and then they show some love story between him and Lois? There was already plenty discovered with Superman throughout the movie. Apparently all you saw was action and for some reason want to complain about action...in an action movie...with people and superpowers.

A city was getting destroyed. How long do you really expect that to last? How could you possibly change the plot of that? Zod only came to Earth to inhabit it. Let me hear something in which you can make that shorter and still good.

Explain to me what happens with the last 40 minutes of Avengers. That movie was also about the same thing and the same stuff happening and that had way more action that Man Of Steel. Or the entire movie of Captain America.

You people LOVE to complain about Man Of Steel but never say anything about Marvel movies. When Green Lantern came out the complaint was there was little action. When you get more action from a movie people complain about how it's too much. Have Captain America and Avengers have nothing but action and there's nothing wrong with it...

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

If BvS is overcrowded what is AoU? There are more characters in that than there are in BvS last time I checked. I don't get why people will say BvS is overcrowded and not AoU. In the 1st Avengers movie Hawkeye was pretty much wasted and Thor could've used more screen time too. Now you add even more heroes to the team don't know how Whedon will handle that. Still looking forward to the movie tho.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: because those are heroes who have worked together before and fit nicely. Bvs is introducing a bunch of new characters, even aquaman. Unlikely they will all fit into the plot and story nicely without feeling forced.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Avengers:

• Captain America
  • Iron-Man
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • Black Widow
  • Hawkeye
  • Scarlet Witch
  • Ultron
  • Quicksilver
  • Ant-Man
  • Nick Fury
  • (probably more than I'm missing)

Batman v Superman

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Alfred(But mentioning him would be like mentioning Jarvis which makes 0 sense)
  • Lex Luthor
  • Cyborg(May just be a cameo)
  • Aquaman(May just be a cameo)

So Avengers isn't overcrowded?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: I just explained it above. In avengers everyone fits and has a nice role. They are forcing more and more in bvs though.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@wardemon32: I just explained it above. In avengers everyone fits and has a nice role. They are forcing more and more in bvs though.

Why is it forcing for BvS but not AoU? Whedon has to introduce Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver to the team. As well as flesh out Ultron and further flesh out Hawkeye. Not to mention like wardemon32 said there will probably be more additions like Vision. Don't see how BvS is more crowded than that but you seem stuck in your opinion of this so whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_donaghy: those character all fit and have their places. It seems like bvs is just adding more as they go, when its really about bats and supes

Avengers can have a lot of people because its about the avengers. But in a bvs movie anyone else is forced in.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@jayc1324: I doubt Cyborg and Aquaman will have even 4 minutes of screen time combined.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for comicvine_is_jericho529
comicvine_is_jericho529

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Godzilla 2" is my most anticipated film as well as "Skull Island" and "Mad Max"

Bu i gotta say Avengers has the upper-hand in this contest.

Batman V Superman doesn't look promising at all.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By zaied

Aquaman and Cyborg have NOT been confirmed to appear, much less have any significant amount of screen time that detracts from Batman and Superman. We might see a Vic Stone cameo but that doesn't mean we'll see Cyborg tagging along.

Lastly, as mentioned before, WB has yet to give any official word on Aquaman being casted or even appearing in the film. Not sure why people keep saying the movie is overcrowded only to use rumored and minor roles as evidence of such.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I am a bias Marvel fanboy who is a Anti-Batman guy and isn't a huge Superman fan. I think Avengers A.U. will be better than the Batman overshadowing Superman film.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if the DC film beats the Marvel film. (+)